Drew Funneling Money To Steve

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Drew's house was paid for..until he wrote a check to Steve drawn on a home equity line of credit. So he really wanted for Steve to have that money at his disposal in case he was/is arrested..my opinion only. He sure does need to sell the RV, and bikes , the ultra light, etc and then lets not forget he probably has a stash of money somewhere from all his ill gotten gains..shaking down dealers, selling personal info, etc. That money most likely is not in a bank account because that would have drawn the IRS attention big time on a cops salary.

Interestingly when I was checking out the different cast of characters with the last names Morphy and Peterson, I came across an trust listed as the two last names together. That is one way cash wealthy people use to place cash and then run all the holdings etc through the trust. Don't know in this case but my bet is Drew has some money and a hand in setting that up.

At the presser, it was stated that computer forensics will play a big role in this case.

I remember that too SuzyQ..they were even explaining how things that people think they have totally erased off their hard drive can be retrieved now. So even if Drew thought he had erased info on the computer more then likely it can still be retrieved. Let's hope Stacy kept more then class notes and school work on hers.

I remember that too SuzyQ..they were even explaining how things that people think they have totally erased off their hard drive can be retrieved now. So even if Drew thought he had erased info on the computer more then likely it can still be retrieved. Let's hope Stacy kept more then class notes and school work on hers.

He is such a schmuck I hope he is arrested soon!

I am sorry if this has already been answered, but did I hear somewhere that DP got a lot of money from Kathleen's death? Did I also hear he owned or partially owned a bar?

Since 9/11, I know several people who keep cash available just in case they can't get to their money in the bank. I don't think keeping cash around is that suspicious, what's hinky to me is that Drew HAS SO MUCH money; cops usually don't make tons of money.

What I found interesting in that article about the will linked above, is that it was written in CAPITAL letters. IIRC it's hard to do handwriting analysis when something is in caps.

Hi Cricket,

Just chiming in...in the "olden days" LOL, most LE agencies required all case reports to be written in all caps. In most academies and training, all handwritten reports are done in all capital letters. I'd expect most agencies still require that for any case reports not done on a computer. I'm not talking about jail booking forms, DWI forms, etc., but the actual case reports. Therefore, it's a habit many LE carry over to their private lives.

Just FYI.

From what I've read, Stacy had an Apple laptop that is missing. That may contain very interesting information if it is ever found.

I am sorry if this has already been answered, but did I hear somewhere that DP got a lot of money from Kathleen's death? Did I also hear he owned or partially owned a bar?

Without looking for it, my recollection is that there were three life insurance policies specified in the will: $100,000; $125,000; and one for over $300,000 with a bank as beneficiary to pay off the bar they owned which then Drew inherited. That's over half a million. Undoubtedly, he got the proceeds from her house plus whatever equity was already in the bar. So, it could be close to a million depending on the mortgage that was on the home (probably worth over $200,000). Then there was a life insurance policy for a million on which Kathleen (unbeknown to Drew) had changed the beneficiary from Drew to her children. That money was then put into a trust for her two children. So, Drew made out well with Kathleen's death.

Hi Cricket,

Just chiming in...in the "olden days" LOL, most LE agencies required all case reports to be written in all caps. In most academies and training, all handwritten reports are done in all capital letters. I'd expect most agencies still require that for any case reports not done on a computer. I'm not talking about jail booking forms, DWI forms, etc., but the actual case reports. Therefore, it's a habit many LE carry over to their private lives.

Just FYI.

Now THAT is interesting. So we can probably assume that Drew, being a LE officer, wrote that will and not Kathleen. I wonder if her signature is really hers.

From what I've read, Stacy had an Apple laptop that is missing. That may contain very interesting information if it is ever found.

I know I keep saying this, but I really really hope it had a anti theft tracking device on it!

Without looking for it, my recollection is that there were three life insurance policies specified in the will: $100,000; $125,000; and one for over $300,000 with a bank as beneficiary to pay off the bar they owned which then Drew inherited. That's over half a million. Undoubtedly, he got the proceeds from her house plus whatever equity was already in the bar. So, it could be close to a million depending on the mortgage that was on the home (probably worth over $200,000). Then there was a life insurance policy for a million on which Kathleen (unbeknown to Drew) had changed the beneficiary from Drew to her children. That money was then put into a trust for her two children. So, Drew made out well with Kathleen's death.

What's interesting is, Kathleen's nephew has stated that there were insurance policies on Kathleen that she didn't know about. If that's true then her signature was forged on them.

Now THAT is interesting. So we can probably assume that Drew, being a LE officer, wrote that will and not Kathleen. I wonder if her signature is really hers.

My exact thoughts :cool:

What's interesting is, Kathleen's nephew has stated that there were insurance policies on Kathleen that she didn't know about. If that's true then her signature was forged on them.

Whoa, didn't know that....but then again, I wouldn't put anything past slimy Drew.

Wow, I'll bet that's being analyzed or will be soon. The will should be filed and should be public information. Drew will probably end up in prison on something....hopefully for murder but if he can't be prosecuted there, maybe on shady dealings. You just know that this guy has been shady in every aspect of his life.

It will be interesting to compare-hope this is followed up. I know that most men in official capacities print, block letters or small but women I believe use handwriting-probably because it comes easier than printing for us.
Savannahanna:)

Yes that's true and it seems to explain the money he has for his expensive toys. :)

Hi Cricket,

Just FYI.
You're absolutely right and it does seem more in line with DP drafting the Will than Kathleen printing like that.

You're absolutely right and it does seem more in line with DP drafting the Will than Kathleen printing like that.
At some point in all the reading about Kathleen I seem to remember that she had/was an accountant, or bookkeeper.

Many of such vocations often do print, so I'm sure they will have plenty of material to compare the will to.

At some point in all the reading about Kathleen I seem to remember that she had/was an accountant, or bookkeeper.

Many of such vocations often do print, so I'm sure they will have plenty of material to compare the will to.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that part, just that it's more common for someone in LE to print in capital letters. It is still kind of odd to me that the Will turned up a year after she died and it was handwritten and not from a lawyer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandaqui
Back