Ebola outbreak - general thread #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, we don't have any type of control over this situation, right now. I feel like whoever is making these idiotic decisions to take temps, rather than quarantine people, is delusional. What if you have a body temp that is normally around 2 degrees lower than 98.6 (I do)? So if you have ebola, and the fever, you're going to present as if you have no fever, or not the degree that they're looking for. My dh has a meeting this week with someone who just returned from Africa. I don't want him to attend. I want this person to stay away for 21 days. And if they're asymptomatic, then they can have the meeting. Who knows who they came into contact with in the various airports they've recently traversed? Do I sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill? I don't care.

Do we know it was a nurse? The area the person lived in (according to reddit folks) is very high end. Could be a doc.

What kind of pet? I hope we don't do the same they did to the dog in Spain. Pet should be put in isolation and tested for the disease instead.
No. He said the dog would be cared for. Even if the dog gets it, it won't have symptoms. Dogs get over ebola. So I guess no licking people for some time? Didn't sound like he agreed with killing the dog in Spain...
Dr. William Schaffner
All posts are MOO

IMO, we don't have any type of control over this situation, right now. My dh has a meeting this week with someone who just returned from Africa. I don't want him to attend. I want this person to stay away for 21 days. And if they're asymptomatic, then they can have the meeting. Who knows who they came into contact with in the various airports they've recently traversed? Do I sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill? I don't care.
Skype!

All posts are MOO

CNN reporting female nurse...

All posts are MOO

IMO, we don't have any type of control over this situation, right now. My dh has a meeting this week with someone who just returned from Africa. I don't want him to attend. I want this person to stay away for 21 days. And if they're asymptomatic, then they can have the meeting. Who knows who they came into contact with in the various airports they've recently traversed? Do I sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill? I don't care.

What region? Ebola is in the West Africa (as far as we know). If the person was not visiting West Africa, then likely there is no chance of Ebola.

Do we know it was a nurse? The area the person lived in (according to reddit folks) is very high end. Could be a doc.
At the very beginning of the PC they said she lived with her parents.

Very naive of gamy to believe they can keep this private. We will know everything there is to know about this patient snd her life in a matter of hours. I don't know why they just don't come out and say.

What region? Ebola is in the West Africa (as far as we know). If the person was not visiting West Africa, then likely there is no chance of Ebola.

True...unless, in the various airports they were in an out of, they came into contact with someone from an affected region.

IMO, we don't have any type of control over this situation, right now. I feel like whoever is making these idiotic decisions to take temps, rather than quarantine people, is delusional. What if you have a body temp that is normally around 2 degrees lower than 98.6 (I do)? So if you have ebola, and the fever, you're going to present as if you have no fever, or not the degree that they're looking for. My dh has a meeting this week with someone who just returned from Africa. I don't want him to attend. I want this person to stay away for 21 days. And if they're asymptomatic, then they can have the meeting. Who knows who they came into contact with in the various airports they've recently traversed? Do I sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill? I don't care.

What country in Africa is he from?

Africa is a very large continent with scores of countries , most of which actually have less Ebola in them than the USA right now.

Since there do not appear to be direct flights to the affected countries it seems unlikely that this individual would have come into contact with anything. It might be worth finding out what country he is coming from and what flights go from that country to the US before getting worried.

The healthcare worker was doing "self monitoring" and did not work the last TWO days. Okay then.

He also says they have cordoned off a 24 bed area specifically to handle incoming EBOLA PATIENTS! Uhhh....how many are they expecting???

[video=youtube;RNTmPqrD5k8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTmPqrD5k8[/video]

If she didn't work the last two days, I guess we can surmise she last worked on Thursday.

Do you know what country in Africa he is from?

Africa is a very large continent with scores of countries , most of which actually have less Ebola in them than the USA right now.

I am not sure. This is an American, who was on an African tour, and recently returned (like, last week).

The healthcare worker was doing "self monitoring" and did not work the last TWO days. Okay then.

He also says they have cordoned off a 24 bed area specifically to handle EBOLA PATIENTS! Uhhh....how many are they expecting???

[video=youtube;RNTmPqrD5k8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTmPqrD5k8[/video]
It's a whole area they closed off for Duncan. Makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!