Ebola outbreak - general thread #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Doctor interviewed on CNN in the past day or so said a person is more likely to have a wreck on the way to the airport than to be infected by Ebola on a plane.

It's feasible but not likely in my opinion.... But you really never know.

4PM nbcdfw.com quotes Judge Jenkins as saying the lab worker is no longer on the cruise ship. How, why, & where they got her off remains to be seen.

Um..... :thinking:

A Doctor interviewed on CNN in the past day or so said a person is more likely to have a wreck on the way to the airport than to be infected by Ebola on a plane.

And how many people would have to be tracked for 21 days because the first person was in a wreck? How many people would end up fighting for their lives because the first person was in a wreck. He's doing a classic apples to used paperback books comparison.

Seriously, there's no reason to be afraid of traveling, at this point. But false reassurances are just going to make people more distrustful. Think back to the reassurances that we were given, just a few weeks ago.

See, they tell you when they are negative yet we have heard nothing about the patient transferred to DPH last night....

I am afraid the caution has been so abundant that I have completely lost track of who is under observation or self monitoring where....

I saw that interview and the female doctor wasn't convincing. Her voice was staccato and stilted and her eyes never once met connected with the camera.

Her body language was stiff and JMO, but she was towing the party line by down playing risks here in the U.S.

OK. Where is mystery lab lady? JMO

Who knows??????? We actually don't know that what we hear on the news is true. Matter of fact, we don't even know if we know anything.

1,000 people in the US are under some level of monitoring for Ebola:

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81708808/

"As of Friday, a pool of about 1,000 people are being watched for symptoms, have been asked to monitor themselves or have been urged to check with a counselor at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The group includes a handful of people who have been ordered into quarantine, a larger group that is being closely watched with temperatures taken at least daily and a much larger group of travelers who may haven flown on a Frontier Airlines jetliner used at some point by an Ebola patient traveling with a low-grade fever."

"The CDC also said two other Dallas hospital workers, who had traveled abroad and returned, had been asked to monitor themselves for signs or symptoms of Ebola. They had not been under the travel restrictions that are now in place for those who may have been exposed to the virus at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas hospital.

“There were two other individuals that traveled abroad but are now back, and they both are not sick either nor have they been sick,” CDC spokesman Tom Skinner said."

"Those travelers are among the 75 healthcare workers who were involved in treating Duncan, who entered the hospital for the last time on Sept. 28."

Traveled ABROAD!!!!!!

Actually we might want to monitor the Carnival Cruise Critics website forums. If there was a helicopter evacuation it will likely be posted there. People are always posting live from cruise ships if anything unusual is going on.

I dont know guys I am not saying people are lying as it relates to the following "entity"> But is seems since Duncan,all of a sudden for some reason are just "vomiting". WIth the exception wherein alchols is "involved" I just have not been walking down a sidewalk and someone just vomits.

I have never been in a movie where someone just vomits. I have never been on a place where someone just vomits?

And if one goes with the "progression" , any instance, no Ebola, when ones body starts to fight an infectation, and slowly starts with a fever, one feels draggy. By that I mean, I would think in most instances, when one is "there"< one wants to be home, lying down, sleeping etc.

But this jsut seems to be p[eople that are fine and out of the blue vomit. That does not seem like a logical order. I am sure we all have been in bed, with a fever, and suddenly vomited. One is already sick. Bucket could be nearby.

Vomiting is a "private" expericne and most folks would have a warning peroid when the body is preparing to do so. This usually results in some "action" - running to a bathroom etc.

I am ahving these images, that worldwide, people have just "started" to instantly began vomiting, feeling fine but then just doing it

Does that make sense to anyone - why would there be this sudden worldwide spike in random vomiting while people are engaging in activites, that folks that are feeling not well would be doing>

Its odd IMO

Ebola nurse Amber Vinson's family told Ohio pastor protective gear at hospital left her exposed
The 29-year-old Dallas nurse called her pastor in the fearful days before her positive diagnosis for Ebola. She had told her family to steer clear of her until she could fly back to Dallas from Ohio.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...hio-pastor-exposed-hospital-article-1.1977380

Nice of her to warn her family. I guess she wasn't worried about all the people on the plane?

This has bothersome implications as it relates to terrorism!

So why does it always take hours to figure out if someone left the country or where they are from? Are these people crazy/lying or do they not speak english?

I dont know guys I am not saying people are lying as it relates to the following "entity"> But is seems since Duncan,all of a sudden for some reason are just "vomiting". WIth the exception wherein alchols is "involved" I just have not been walking down a sidewalk and someone just vomits.

I have never been in a movie where someone just vomits. I have never been on a place where someone just vomits?

And if one goes with the "progression" , any instance, no Ebola, when ones body starts to fight an infectation, and slowly starts with a fever, one feels draggy. By that I mean, I would think in most instances, when one is "there"< one wants to be home, lying down, sleeping etc.

But this jsut seems to be p[eople that are fine and out of the blue vomit. That does not seem like a logical order. I am sure we all have been in bed, with a fever, and suddenly vomited. One is already sick. Bucket could be nearby.

Vomiting is a "private" expericne and most folks would have a warning peroid when the body is preparing to do so. This usually results in some "action" - running to a bathroom etc.

I am ahving these images, that worldwide, people have just "started" to instantly began vomiting, feeling fine but then just doing it

Does that make sense to anyone - why would there be this sudden worldwide spike in random vomiting while people are engaging in activites, that folks that are feeling not well would be doing>

Its odd IMO

Hmmm...well, it's hard to say if there has been a spike in random vomiting, or if it's been happening all along and just never made the news until now. :thinking: I've seen it happen a couple times. Once in Europe when someone got sick out the window of a train (ugh) and once in college when someone had too much to drink and barfed in a flowerbed.

Ok, now the same newscast on nbcdfw news at 4 has a reporter checking in from Galveston. She says a triage unit will be set up at the dock in Galveston. Same ol' same 'ol going on here. In truth, nobody knows nuttin' for positive. I did check the cruise critic boards & no one was saying anything about a helicopter evacuation. All we have here is more confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne