Ebola outbreak - general thread #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article as been updated with new details: "DALLAS — Officials now say that a woman who fell ill at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit White Rock Station Saturday afternoon is not known to be a part of any Ebola watch list.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said the person exited a northbound Blue Line train at the station and vomited on the platform. She was earlier reported to have a low-grade fever at the facility in Northeast Dallas."

http://ux.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/18/ebola-dart-station-dallas-monitoring/17503345/

Yes, she does live at the apartment complex.

Hink O Meter !

Press Release – 10/17/2014

Princess Cruises Statement on Ebola

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (October 17, 2014) – At Princess Cruises the safety and health of our guests and crew is our top priority. We understand that media coverage of the Ebola virus and related cases may raise questions among those with upcoming travel plans...

...Currently all embarking guests and ship visitors must complete a mandatory general health screening questionnaire upon embarkation and, if deemed necessary, will be asked to submit to further medical screening prior to being allowed to board. Additionally we will deny boarding to any guest who has had physical contact with or helped care for a person suspected of having Ebola or diagnosed as having Ebola within a minimum of 21 days before embarkation until further notice...

http://www.princess.com/news/press_...-Cruises-Statement-on-Ebola.html#.VELLlJV0zX4

DH and I will sail on the Royal Princess in January, 2015. I was curious about any additional precautions that Princess might take in light of Ebola concerns. Sounds like we'll complete the health form that has been required of all embarking passengers for the past 5+ years (symptoms of Norovirus, flu, respiratory illness, etc.).

Great, thank you and tell her thank you:) Can you ask her if she knows if testing the blood for communicable diseases is a big deal? Explain to her (if she doesn't already know), about how many of the people in Africa have hiv, malaria etc....Do they test all blood donated her for communicable diseases, or are they on the honor system?

She said they test everything. When she gets the blood it's already screened. They test for all kinds of things. All blood born diseases are tested she said.

IMO this needs to be viewed like theatre. Except in this sitution we are in 546. But all the characters have to be viewed ath exact time they were within the story. WHat is known, or belived to be known, what information was being provided or changed that influnced every charactors decisons and behaviors. What one knows about the story in act 450 is differetn than in act 259- that must be given credence, in evaluating what the characters were doing in that context IMO

Not exactly random. She lives in the same apartment building as Mr. Duncan did before he went to the hospital. Also, she did throw up.

Also she obviously told someone that she ' decided her watch period was over' so who did she have that talk with and how did that become ' not on watch list at all'.?
This is some Fillintheblank!

Not exactly random. She lives in the same apartment building as Mr. Duncan did before he went to the hospital. Also, she did throw up.

Wasn't there a woman walking through the vomit when it was being pressure washed wearing open shoes

The judge is shook up. Very shook up.

The fact he is being forced to give that interview is just wrong.

Also she obviously told someone that she ' decided her watch period was over' so who did she have that talk with and how did that become ' not on watch list at all'.?
This is some Fillintheblank!

She might have been self-monitoring even if nobody told her too. I know I would be if I lived in that apartment building (even if nobody put these people on the Ebola watch list).

It just occurred to me that aiming thermoters at foreheads is akin to needing sunscreen with a SPF of 100 while using a 15. IF the illiness , at onset resulted in something overt - a mole- then mass screening makes sense.

IMO more smoke and mirrors, givng perceptions that they are doing something to "protect" .

Changing the trigger point of body tmperature by a degee and half should be a real clean indication that they are clueless, grasping at straws, while only tyring to address the reusltant panic with a bandaid.

The daily flase alarms should tell us that we really are not doing much in terms of any real idenctification of possible threats. The question should not be are you from africa - in the regoins hardest hit not evey single person living has had some connection to the virus, I posted population figures for 3 areas they were astounding - it was like 18 million people in the three areas in context we, over there we are at 5K lab tested confimred deatlhs. The ohter had no test at all, and just assummed to be Ebola, in a region filled with illiness that totally mock symtomolgy

otal Cases: 8997

Laboratory-Confirmed Cases: 5006

Total Deaths: 4493

.....Liberea was like 4.2 million folks for perspective /NY is 8 mill chicago 2.7/ san fran 835K

All goggle searches just dont rememver the other 2 over in africa at this moment!

Judt imo, 5000 known deaths from Ebola in an area with something like 18 million people is ................

I've only been off my computer for an hour & while I'm gone, all heck breaks loose.

Anyone else watch the Judge Clay Jenkins press conference just now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member