Elizabeth Johnson's Court Hearings & Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i agree the new evidence will only be stall tactics to benefit elizabeth, NOT gabriel. the lawyers are working for HER, not gabriel. my guess is some evidence how she's not competent at the time and should be freed or something else not meaningful. if the evidence really is where gabriel is or what she did with him, then i'd expect these lawyers to turn it over to LE right NOW and gabriel would be found, no? EJ will never cooperate, for her own benefit... if she wanted to cooperate, she would not have waited 8 months in jail.

It is so very sad and tragic. These boys in particular, have changed my life forever. I will never be the same. I will never treat my kids the same way I did before them. I hope for more. I hope thousands of people change the lives of at least one child as a result of these sweeties. My heart is broken wide open...I pray we get some kind of justice for Gabriel and Sylar.

after following gabriel's sad story, i was depressed for many months. i do not dare to follow any other missing children stories, i did read about sylar and emmett briefly after i saw your post, but i try to avoid the details... i just can't handle it. i am still hoping we will learn the truth about gabriel one day... i'm still waiting.

i agree the new evidence will only be stall tactics to benefit elizabeth, NOT gabriel. the lawyers are working for HER, not gabriel. my guess is some evidence how she's not competent at the time and should be freed or something else not meaningful. if the evidence really is where gabriel is or what she did with him, then i'd expect these lawyers to turn it over to LE right NOW and gabriel would be found, no? EJ will never cooperate, for her own benefit... if she wanted to cooperate, she would not have waited 8 months in jail.

Sadly, I agree. I also think the "new evidence" will be related to EJ's competency (or lack of it in their opinion) and have nothing to do with Gabriel's whereabouts.

Sadly, I agree. I also think the "new evidence" will be related to EJ's competency (or lack of it in their opinion) and have nothing to do with Gabriel's whereabouts.

It's very disturbing to me that these lawyers think they are above the doctors who have just found her COMPETENT. when will they accept the fact that she was fine at the time of gabriel's disappearance, and IS still fine today. Enough with this insanity plea already. She may never testify anyway, but stop protecting her from even taking an ounce of responsibility for missing Gabriel.

after following gabriel's sad story, i was depressed for many months. i do not dare to follow any other missing children stories, i did read about sylar and emmett briefly after i saw your post, but i try to avoid the details... i just can't handle it. i am still hoping we will learn the truth about gabriel one day... i'm still waiting.

I know exactly what you mean. I stumbled upon the story about Gabriel by accident one day and have been following it since. I read things over and over and try to find something new or something that was missed. This story about this baby has touched my heart sooo much and i just want a happy ending for him. I refuse to read other stories about other missing kids too. I get very emotionally attached and I could not do this on a regular basis.

Kudos to those of you who are able to devote your lives to looking for missing kids. You are so very special.

Lawyers for missing kid’s mom won’t detail competency dispute
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:00 pm |

It’s been more than a week since two court-appointed doctors released their findings in a report that determined the mother of missing Baby Gabriel Johnson is competent to stand trial, but her attorneys still do not want to comment on why they contend she is not.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/tempe/article_b4e011a2-acb5-11df-a5e8-001cc4c03286.html

She thought she was getting out of jail because some kind of procedural error?

In a recent proceeding in the criminal case involving Gabriel’s disappearance, Johnson thought she was going to get out of jail, her grandfather said.

“Elizabeth’s attorney had her convinced that the charges were going to be dropped because of some kind of procedural error on the prosecution so her grandmother paid the attorney $50,000 thinking the charges were going to get dropped,” Johnson said after last week’s court hearing, referring to Elizabeth’s maternal grandmother, Sylvia Puckett.

“Elizabeth was all happy, smiling and in good spirits, thinking she was going to get out of jail, but that didn’t happen,” he said. “She went back to acting like her old self.

“She needs to realize that if she’s ever going to get out of jail, she needs to tell authorities what she did with that baby. She must like staying in jail.”

She thought she was getting out of jail because some kind of procedural error?

In a recent proceeding in the criminal case involving Gabriel’s disappearance, Johnson thought she was going to get out of jail, her grandfather said.

“Elizabeth’s attorney had her convinced that the charges were going to be dropped because of some kind of procedural error on the prosecution so her grandmother paid the attorney $50,000 thinking the charges were going to get dropped,” Johnson said after last week’s court hearing, referring to Elizabeth’s maternal grandmother, Sylvia Puckett.

“Elizabeth was all happy, smiling and in good spirits, thinking she was going to get out of jail, but that didn’t happen,” he said. “She went back to acting like her old self.

“She needs to realize that if she’s ever going to get out of jail, she needs to tell authorities what she did with that baby. She must like staying in jail.”

Been thinking about this article....unless I have missed something along the way all these months, which I could have, aren't her attorney's public defenders ? What would the $ 50,000.00 be for ? Do PD's accept money? Was the GF at the hearing? Just seems so strange...

Been thinking about this article....unless I have missed something along the way all these months, which I could have, aren't her attorney's public defenders ? What would the $ 50,000.00 be for ? Do PD's accept money? Was the GF at the hearing? Just seems so strange...

IIRC, Gma got her an atty - she let the PD go

http://www.alcocklaw.com/index.php

Beane, they are both attorneys in the same private firm- their bios can be found on the website

That's what I get for not looking it up lol. I could have sworn when the woman PD lawyer resigned, it was Alcock who was assigned as PD. I'll look it up and see what happened back then.

ETA: Here's when the woman resigned and he was assigned, and his first court appearance on her behalf:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5030771&postcount=34"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Important Links, Documents, Phone Numbers, Addresses **NO DISCUSSION**[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5121103&postcount=6"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.04.27 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***[/ame]

I thought alot about this last nite as I tossed and turned in bed:(...I too wonder about this..he is going to present this "new evidence" at the evidenciary hearing to contest the Rule 11 decision. Very curious. I don't know what it could be but like everyone else I hope whatever it is..it brings Gabriel home. This case has forever changed me...living in SA, living 5 min from the park, sharing Gabriels birthday, my husband and stepson sharing Gabriels name...all too much. I just want Gabriel home with his daddy I want Logan to not be in so much pain anymore...he deserves to have his son back with him. Not a day goes by that I don't think of this esp as I watch my 4 yr old change day in and day out. Logan if you read any of this...you have alot of supporters...ALOT. May you find some small sense of comfort in that. I will continue praying and praying and praying. We love you Gabriel Scott Johnson...you have brought alot of people together.

I'm not one to believe in coincidences jessicat, the connections between your life and this case are astounding. Surely your prayers were destined to find this precious boy. Thanks for your post.

I'm not one to believe in coincidences jessicat, the connections between your life and this case are astounding. Surely your prayers were destined to find this precious boy. Thanks for your post.

Bless you Jessie!

Thank you both very much. It brought tears to my eyes. Gabriel has been weighing on me very heavy these last few weeks. I will never lose hope.

Wouldn't bail be considered a "release condition"? I wonder if her attorney is fighting the bail amount to try and get her out on bail?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back