Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am onboard with the DH time as well. DH has a company he does business with sometimes and we are invited to their company Christmas party tonite. I really wasn't looking forward to it but now I think it might be necessary. Hope you folks enjoy your evenings. I will be trying to enjoy mine and just let it all go for a minute. Just what the Dr. ordered.

:thumb: May your evening be paradoxically both exuberant AND relaxing at the same time.

I am onboard with the DH time as well. DH has a company he does business with sometimes and we are invited to their company Christmas party tonite. I really wasn't looking forward to it but now I think it might be necessary. Hope you folks enjoy your evenings. I will be trying to enjoy mine and just let it all go for a minute. Just what the Dr. ordered.

Sounds like another excellent plan, TL. :)

I've not only washed my hair, but flat-ironed and perfumed it. Hubby is probably going to suspect I've purchased something outrageous, or ruined his favorite shirt. ;)

I have to walk away from the news sometimes, count my blessings and pray that Justice comes for Zahra and so many children.
Zahra's case has really been heartbreaking.
She smiled and I bet she lit up a room when she entered.
Just thinking how she suffered, was teased, beaten ,no lunch at school, held like a prisoner, raped..........why???
What kind of demons walk amongst us daily..........??

I just hug my babes all tighter!

Sounds like another excellent plan, TL. :)

I've not only washed my hair, but flat-ironed and perfumed it. Hubby is probably going to suspect I've purchased something outrageous, or ruined his favorite shirt. ;)

Well, I'm going to watch my 3 sons, (ages 30, 30 and 26) play basketball. :snooty: I figure we will get frequent flyer miles at the emergency room before this is over. But the laughter...needed.

My belief in all this pain & suffering Zahra has endured all her life and even more at the end of her life.. I see Zahra as I see jesus hanging on the Cross. Jesus carried the cross and died for all of us, Zahra carried a different cross and died so that many other children can now live. Please join www.CASAFOrCHILDREN.com .. tell them you are joining because Zahra sent you.. Love & hugs to my WS friends. God Bless..

Im glad to see so many going to do something fun tonight! I myself am going to watch my sons christmas program where im sure I will be able to laugh, Hes a talking camels behind! May peace,laughter and love follow you all tonight!

Zahra stole my heart. Thank you for starting this thread. For years I raised my severely autistic granddaughter who is a look a like for Zahra. Her smile is beautiful and her courage unbelievable. I would like to ask why there isn't more done by social services to protect our kids. What does it take to get there attention? In my opinion heads should roll!

This case has really taken a toll on me, I can say that. I am a newbie to WS, but I live about 20 miles from where Zahra and her "family" (feels strange to call such evil people that) lived and from where she was found. I find myself so revolted by this case, but unable to tune it out like I am able to with so many. I think the fact that there are so many elements to this, including the fact that this child was more vulnerable even than other children her age and the fact that extended family didn't do everything humanly possible remove her from a situation that clearly was at the very least "abusive" are hard for me to take. My anger at ALL of the adults involved, including the Department of Social Services and all the way across the board is so huge.

As a mother, I cannot imagine speaking a cross word to my child when they are sick, let alone hurting them, so the fact that this girl clearly suffered so much and was still treated so badly is depressing.

My daughter has a chronic illness and even though she's a teenager and can sometimes be a handful, I have learned to be more tolerant of her because of how afraid I was when she was in the acute stage and found a new level of appreciation for her.

Of course, I'm speaking as a rational, (mostly) normal human being and the Bakers clearly are not that, so it's sort of beside the point.

But this case is the first thing I think of when I wake up and it keeps me up at night. I don't know how to shake it.
:Welcome-12-june:

Justice4Kids and Curious Housewife. Glad you found WS and especially this thread which kind of assists us in dealing with all the other stuff at WS...I'm glad so many are having some early holiday cheer this evening- I'm home nursing a terrible cold but raising an imaginary glass to them!

:toastred:

Okay, I'm home, I'm tipsy and had a great time. So glad I talked myself into having a good time.

HOpe all are having fun and nosysw, you cuddle up, rest and take care hon. Hope you are feeling a bit better tomorrow.

No threads for me tonite. I am logging off and gonna get me some snuggle time ;) with DH before he passes out, lol

I just cut up carrots and put them in brown sugar and butter for our veggie side for dinner.My Daughter likes them that way. That is my way of dealing.Cooking. You guys have fun this evening and try to step a away for a bit in your head. Hugs.

The carrots sound yummy. We are having pizza tonight. Coping for me right now is studying for exams and writing research papers.

After the 15th, I'm going hunting for some turkey, Wild Turkey to be exact. ;) Then I will sit and stare at flickering lights on a tree and be grateful that Zahra is beyond all that horror now.

I've been listening to these to help me relax:

KD Lang
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NpxTWbovE[/ame]

Northern Cree Drum Group
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4AL9GP0n-o[/ame]

Last night was just what the doctor ordered. :)

Yep!!! Went to dinner, stopped by WS's for a while (addiction is a hard thing to break), but only stayed for a few. Had a great nights sleep, ready to head out into the world - with my combat boots strapped on tight!

I also had a great time last night at my sons program. I want to share a story that to me is very heartwarming. We are from a small community of a little over 500 people. Our music teacher puts this program on K-6 grade they all sing all of the songs and there is a Jesus based play that goes with it. in the 25 yrs it has been put on only 1 parent has ever objected and kept her children from partisipating. Last night her son sang a solo in the play with her sitting in the front row. After the play I went up to her and told her what a great job her boy had done,and gave her a hug. She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I moved on. I over heard her say to her husband Im so glad I moved here and learned what true love is! So yes everyone I had a GREAT NIGHT.

I can't tell you how pleased I am to see so many of us allowing ourselves to engage in, and appreciate, the joys that life blesses us with. There is so much darkness in the world...whatever light we can bring into it, for ourselves and those we love, is so important.

Last night I met a lady at the show who had just finished up her last round of chemo-therapy. She had come out to see her favorite band, decked out in a pretty red sweater and a red head scarf to match with star sequins all over it. Beautiful woman, probably in her 50's. Anyway, she asked my husband if he could get her a chair, because the alcohol in the chemo(didn't know that) had made her feel woozy. Hubby got her a chair and set it close to the stage so no one would obstruct her view. When the band started, my husband and I took to the floor, bouncing and dancing and singing at the top of our lungs, and every now and then, we looked over at that lady just to make sure she was doing alright. Every time we looked over, there she was, sitting in her chair, smiling and clapping and raising her water bottle to toast the band.

Man...BIG lesson in that radiant smile, let me tell ya!

Well.. I was asking for a "sign" telling me to "step WAY from this case" (as if I really needed one, right?) and I received one. A few seconds after I asked... I stood up from my desk chair in frustration of my (best friend) dog barking at the FedEx truck outside... I proceeded to drop, step on, and completely crush to smithereens, my glasses--which were resting in my lap at the time... I had forgotten that I put them there. (also? I'm out of contacts)

Then there's subtle instances such as this..

25244079.jpg

... tired of :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

:HBwhiteflag:

Choosing to DIS-continue making a :deal: with the :devil: who , seemingly resides most everywhere I look, and encompasses far too many foolish souls.

:Benny_monkeysmilies

:eek:fftheair:

Have a great weekend everyone.

Noetic...that pic... :floorlaugh:

Sorry you're having a rough day, though. Hang in there, girl.

Noetic, are you sure you don't have our dogs there? :D

They have done similar things. My yellow lab, during a walk the other morning, lifted his leg and proceeded to pee on my Uggs. I swore he was chuckling under his breath.

A few minutes later my :beagle: beagle/corgi, cutie that she is, squatted on the same boot.

I'm thinking they conspire while we are sleeping at night. ;)

Take a break noetic, as if you need permission right? But sometimes, it seems as if we do. As if to step away somehow invalidates all our time spent here caring, waiting and screaming for justice.

I am trying to hold out til Dec 5th to see if our astros are right and there will be movement on the Kyron case. But after that, I may have to take a break, if I can force myself not to log on (adictions are hard to break) for a while and just spend a little time seeing the beauty that the world still has to offer.

We see so much ugly here, I think if we don't step back sometimes, we end up unable to see the beauty anymore, so focused are we on the ugliness.

Noetic: When you do come back can you tell me where to get those dvds- I need them and I think it's too late to ask you to borrow yours...

:dance:

Jesus,Mary and Joseph.Okay I feel a bit better.I never say that.It's in my head as a begging for help.I guess I want to send my prayers to all of you and I also ask for some myself.Down on my knees on peas as my Grandma would say. I hope this is not taken the wrong way but my faith is stronger. Good will over come evil. I believe this will all my heart.

Take a break noetic, as if you need permission right? But sometimes, it seems as if we do. As if to step away somehow invalidates all our time spent here caring, waiting and screaming for justice.

I am trying to hold out til Dec 5th to see if our astros are right and there will be movement on the Kyron case. But after that, I may have to take a break, if I can force myself not to log on (adictions are hard to break) for a while and just spend a little time seeing the beauty that the world still has to offer.

We see so much ugly here, I think if we don't step back sometimes, we end up unable to see the beauty anymore, so focused are we on the ugliness.

rbbm

the 5th of any month is a date of change, numerolically speaking....
just sayin

:twocents:

IMO JMO :cow:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members