Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm having a hard time with "happy birthday". This wonderful child should have been surrounded by people who loved her today...excitedly opening presents and blowing out candles on her birthday cake. She SHOULD have been the center of attention today as a celebration of her life. Instead, we have this.

Just SO wrong!

BBM...

Today she is surrounded by the ONE person who loved her more than anyone else.. Her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She is with Him. Now she has everything that her earthly life lacked.

Knowing this brings me peace and comfort.

The only thing I can take comfort in is that she is not in pain. I can't wrap my mind around her body being cut up. Today is her Birthday and I hope LE will do something in her honor as far as justice goes. What a very,very sad day. I called out of work and I can't function at all.My prayers to all who love our little girl. I feel like she is ours. Big Hugs to all of you and lets hang in together.

I'm having a hard time with "happy birthday". This wonderful child should have been surrounded by people who loved her today...excitedly opening presents and blowing out candles on her birthday cake. She SHOULD have been the center of attention today as a celebration of her life. Instead, we have this.

Just SO wrong!

Me too, can't even bring myself to open the thread (although I applaud all those who have and can, Zahra's day needs to be recognised) I'm just so bloody angry right now, I couldn't post in the right spirit.

The only thing I can take comfort in is that she is not in pain. I can't wrap my mind around her body being cut up. Today is her Birthday and I hope LE will do something in her honor as far as justice goes. What a very,very sad day. I called out of work and I can't function at all.My prayers to all who love our little girl. I feel like she is ours. Big Hugs to all of you and lets hang in together.

Oh Ella..... you are not alone. Today is going to be a rough day for me too.... I made it into work, but my mascara is pretty much already ruined. It's OK.... we will get thru it. We have to. ((((ella971))))

Me too, can't even bring myself to open the thread (although I applaud all those who have and can, Zahra's day needs to be recognised) I'm just so bloody angry right now, I couldn't post in the right spirit.

I know this sounds terrible, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't bring myself to say those words, or post in that thread. I DO want others to see today as a celebration of Zahra's life on this earth. I think it is right to bring light and love into this darkness. For Emily, if no one else. I just can't for the life of me bring myself to do it.

Maybe you guys could use the birthday thread just to tell her you love her.

Such a tough day today. Imagine how tough for ED.

I am not going to be sad or dwell on the end but rather focus on Celebrating Zahra in life. Her mischeivious grin, those sparklin eyes, that smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose, the way she affected everyone in life, and not the effect she has had in her death.

This life was brief, like a butterfly, she came, she brought joy to all who knew her, her beauty shined through despite her health struggles, and now, she has moved on to the next part of her journey. To us, it was too brief, but in the cosmic scheme of things I must believe, it was right on schedule. That beautiful spirit will be back, in one form or fashion.

OT, I just checked the weather and it's going to rain.That made me smile. Since I called out of work and can't function I found this to be very good news.

Just SO wrong!

You're so right Mountain-Kat, it is SO wrong. I hope that you can find some amount of comfort in knowing that today Zahra is surrounded by people who love her - she's surrounded by the many children who, like her, met the same/similar tragic ending. When I close my eyes I see her surrounded by Caylee, HaLeigh, Somer, Navaeh, Riley, Isaac, Katie Marie, Benjamin, Halle, Ayden--too many to count, but rest assured, Zahra is not alone and she is being loved like she's never been loved before! ((((Hugs))))

Just SO wrong!
I've been beating myself up for avoiding the "HB" thread (can't even type the words). I feel a little better knowing I'm not alone. My anger is raw, and when I think about what this day should have meant for Zahra, well...words just don't come.

Mountain Kat, your post sums up my feelings the best. It's just so D**N wrong!

OT, I just checked the weather and it's going to rain.That made me smile. Since I called out of work and can't function I found this to be very good news.

Raining here in East TN, too. I've never been so glad to wake up to rain before. A beautiful sunny day would just feel like a slap in the face to me.

I think I need to make us all a pot of soup this morning. *half smile*

Raining here in East TN, too. I've never been so glad to wake up to rain before. A beautiful sunny day would just feel like a slap in the face to me.

I think I need to make us all a pot of soup this morning. *half smile*

Yes! Go in the kitchen and start chopping your whatever you have in the fridge and throw it into a big pot. Sit in the living room and watch lifetime tv and wait for the wonderful smell. We will get thru this. We will. Hugs.

Perhaps it will bring some comfort to those of us struggling with a 'happy birthday' to know that today is also the one year aniversary of the day Shaniya Davis was found.

Coincidence? I don't think so.
I think I'm going to imagine instead that they have met up in heaven, and are celebrating their lives together.

I posted this on Shaniya's thread, but want to post it again here.

Zahra, I hope you and Shaniya share this wonderful/terrible day together.
You were a shining and beautiful soul in life, you are safe and loved where you are now. Rest in peace and find a friend in heaven, sweetheart.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNYA4pAGjI[/ame]

Oh gosh, you guys... I really started the "HB" thread hoping that people would just have a place to post fond wishes for her on her US birthday... but I totally see how it is striking some of us. Now wishing the title was "Remembering Zahra on her Birthday" or something.

You are right--there is nothing "happy" about what has happened. But in that magical way that WSers have, posters have so far made that thread a tribute to Zahra's light and the good that she brought to this earth in the time that she was here. One poster shared a beautiful image of what Zahra's heavenly birthday might be like. (I don't even believe in heaven and I was in tears.)

Please know that while the HB thread title seems trite and in some ways horrible to some, the intentions behind it are only the best... :blowkiss:

Not sure about you guys but today I'm a mess. Nothing I can think of in my mind can make me feel better.Only knowing that I'm not alone.Thank You.

Oh gosh, you guys... I really started the "HB" thread hoping that people would just have a place to post fond wishes for her on her US birthday... but I totally see how it is striking some of us. Now wishing the title was "Remembering Zahra on her Birthday" or something.

You are right--there is nothing "happy" about what has happened. But in that magical way that WSers have, posters have so far made that thread a tribute to Zahra's light and the good that she brought to this earth in the time that she was here. One poster shared a beautiful image of what Zahra's heavenly birthday might be like. (I don't even believe in heaven and I was in tears.)

Please know that while the HB thread title seems trite and in some ways horrible to some, the intentions behind it are only the best... :blowkiss:

No no...I don't think it "trite" at all, Ynot. I think it's a lovely gesture. People SHOULD celebrate Zahra's birth and the life she lived here on earth. I mean, how much more wrong would it be to let this milestone pass without at least something to mark it?

I'm glad that there is a thread for that. And I'm glad that there is going to be a memorial marking the occasion tonight. It's just hard for me personally to share in that. In truth, I'm really hoping I can set my feelings aside at some point in the day. It is RIGHT that there be some light shone into all this darkness.

Now I feel bad for making you feel bad. Your thread is a beautiful way to celebrate Zahra's life, Mountain Kat expressed it best, please don't think you did anything wrong.

Well, I think it would also mean alot to Emily for people to mark this milestone with her. The day is going to be there in HER thoughts, and heart and mind, no matter what any of us do. So better that all of us (who are able) pick ourselves up and show our love and respect for this precious child, rather than sit here and wallow in our own misery.

And that's exactly what I intend to do. Right after I finish this pot of soup. :)

:grouphug: all around! Now I am gonna go make some soup. My soup looks and smells an awful lot like a chicken caesar salad, but YKWIM!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back