Emotional Toll

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really like that Oriah. Comfort food and combat boots, lol

ty friend.

Perhaps it shall become our new battle cry.
I like the sound of it too. ;)

ETA.... Zahra's Law: Comfort food and combat boots.

and lots of it!

followed by chocolate.

Don't do it! Mine has cost me a fortune in vet bills, and she's STILL having major tummy troubles (all over my floors!). Which is a small part of why I'm having a crappy day (pun kind of intended).

Oh, not to worry...My DH is the voice of sanity around here. If it weren't for him I'd probably be tripping over adopted dogs, cats, rabbits and who knows what around here. He's not a cat person and although I prefer dogs, I kind of miss having a purring cat around. Mine were always lovers...Never had an aloof cat in my life (though dog lovers seem to think most are that way)...

Comfort food, combat boots, chardonney, creamy soup, and cognac.

With the chocolate and Wild Turkey!!! You know what, - I love you guys!!!! We should have a convention or something! How freaky would that be to explain to some Double Tree or Ramada somewhere what kind of convention we were trying to book rooms for??? :angel: Honestly, it really does help to know that I am not some nut job by myself somewhere trying to process and deal with this stuff!!! I may be a nut, but I am in a bowl of them, and that apparently makes a party with this bunch!!! :dance: <<<Mountain Kat>>>, sorry you have had a bad day. <<<<TL>>>> Hugs TLCox!!! and Oriah - you are always the voice of calm in the midst of chaos. :blowkiss:

I believe that every tear ever shed for little Zahra, ended up at her birthplace. JMO about how much rain could end up in one special place, especially given she was just given a memorial and word has leaked about rape, abuse, no DP or LWOP for EB, Zahra's Mom (ED) recounting her story of her travels to Hickory being released today, and the GJ meeting today.

"MORE than 3000 people remained isolated by floods last night as a second storm front prepared to unleash yet another torrential downpour across the state.

Residents in the central NSW town of Wagga Wagga were advised to prepare for the possibility of more flooding later this week, with falls of between 80mm and 140mm expected to hit the region tomorrow night.

The SES has deployed more than 150,000 sandbags across the flood-ravaged region with extra bags and sand being trucked in from Wollongong and Albury as the local supplies were exhausted."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/tho...ay/story-e6frfkvr-1225966732190#ixzz17MJNBamr
http://www.news.com.au/national/tho...-rain-on-the-way/story-e6frfkvr-1225966732190

When this case first broke, I was watching "In the Heat of the Night" (old episodes). Carroll O'Connor gave a brief eulogy for a fallen officer (first woman, young black girl that Sparta ever had and was only on the job one day before she was killed in a shoot-out). I cried so hard over this eulogy as we were just learning what could have happened to Zahra. He said exactly what I was feeling.

Well, I tried to remember and write it down - but didn't get very far. As these old episodes are on every day here, I have very diligently watched and waited for it to re-air. I could not find the script for this episode and believe me I spent two full days looking for it.

Today it re-aired. I wrote it down as well as I could and I think I got it 95% correct.

I believe it is very appropriate for each and every case that we follow on here. I loved Carroll O'Connor and what he stood for - both on screen and off screen. In the credits it was HIM that wrote this episode so, you could say, that these were HIS words.

Lord, I didn't know this child and this child didn't know me. But in her mind I belonged to her. Lord, I believe it was Your will that she belonged to me if only for one day. She is now serene in Your presence and I am grieving for the loss of this child of mine. Please help me with my sorrow."

I have this next to my monitor on my desk and plan to keep these words with me everyday.

I just read Emily's pilgrimage and this clearly showed just how an emotional toll this case has been and still is with LEO

http://au.news.yahoo.com/opinion/post/-/blog/robertovadia/post/136/comment/1/

Turning back to face me, he held a bracelet made of shoes laces. Continuing the story, he explained that while in Iraq this investigator had learnt how to make these bracelets. When Zahra&#8217;s investigation became a homicide case, this investigator started making them again to help relieve some of his stress. Starting with the lead investigators, each and every agent, investigator and searcher began to wear them. They became known as &#8220;Zahra Bracelets&#8221;. I was trying to take in all this information that I&#8217;d gotten in such a short period of time, as McBride walked toward me and presented me with a Zahra Bracelet, and the agents and investigators in the room all pulled up their sleeves to show they were all wearing one.

By this point, the investigator had needed to enlist the help of his children to keep up with the production of these bracelets, over 50 had been made at this point. I couldn&#8217;t believe the compassion of these officers. The way that this case had become so personal to them. I was still trying to take everything in, with everything from pain, anger, frustration and loss running through me. One by one, the lead officers came in to introduce themselves. I had met a couple of them the day before, and it was comforting to meet these people who had put so much time into the search for my baby girl. I went outside on a balcony to get some air before going back into watch the press conference. While outside, the District Attorney came out to introduce himself and while holding my hand and looking directly in my eyes, he made a promise that the person/people responsible will feel the feel force of the law for what they have done.

A child says to his mom "mommy, I colored your sheets with lipstick", with anger she starts to hit her child until he was unconscious. Then, she regrets what she has done, and crying says to her child, "please open your eyes", but it was too late, his tiny heart had stopped beating.....When she walked into her bedroom, the sheet said "I LOVE YOU MOMMY", Copy & Paste this for child abuse awareness week.. &#9829;&#9829;&#9829;.

I think I've already posted this...but posting again because I feel like Zahra deserves it. Nothing to do with dad or stepmom or anyone else possibly involved.
Just a reminder to all to watch out for not just your own...but as many others as you can as well.
Having a tough day folks. Thanks for listening.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpE73PvU9bk&feature=fvw[/ame]

Okay, the eulogy followed by Emily's statement about the investigators and the bracelets was heartbreaking. The eulogy alone had me in tears but then to read Emily's words, the dam just burst.

And Oriah, hugs to you friend. I am sorry this has been a rough day :( Thank you for all you do and all that you are to members here. You are a rock and it hurst my heart to know that you are having a tough one, you've been so thoughful and kind to me during mine.

Wow this case just gets sadder and sadder everyday. I am truly unable to completely put the proper feelings into the right words at this present time. I have no idea how I feel at all. I am quite sure that I cried at work tonight not really knowing if I would ever stop after reading Emily's Pilgrimage tonight. I have spent the last two months really wondering what that poor woman really thinks about all of this. I am sure that she was hurt and destroyed but then that is what we are all feeling. I am quite sure that hers is a million times worse. So, when reading what she felt and how everything played out for her while she was here in the states it was just an overwhelming urge to blubber like a baby. I really did do that and completely ruined my make up in the process. It was comforting for me to know that she really did feel some comfort while during such a horrendous tragedy.

The other thing that made me cry is the fact that she knows that Zahra has and will guide her. I think at this time it is the only real thing that makes any sense to me at all is that Zahra was not going to let them get away with all of this anymore and that she walked her dear "mum" through the entire ordeal and is probably still watching over her now just in case she may need her. I believe that Emily may not ever know what its like to hug her when she was grown up but I truly believe that Zahra was right there with her with her arms around her the entire time she was finding all this information out. That is the comfort that would come and go. It was our precious Zahra helping her mum come to grips with the tragedy like only Zahra could. With love, healing and light.

I just wanted to say that I feel the best after crying and reading that then I have in such a long time. Emily really helped me heal a little and maybe understand a little more. It is not fair and I want them punished for every hair they harmed on her and I do believe that they will. But there is also a part of me that just knows that she is not suffering any longer and is happy and probably has the relationship with her mum she always wanted to have. That is a blessing in itself. I am gonna go finish up these tears and go do something good for someone else and think about our dear girl and her mum, say a prayer for them both and smile knowing that they are both gonna be ok.

I wish peace and blessing to all of my fellow sleuthers.

Zahra captured my heart and that's where she will stay. I wish that I had been there to save her from all the ugliness she had to tolerate in my country. She had such a beautiful smile, and lived without wanting pity. She had such spunk, and in spite of what she had to endure in the hospitals in Australia, she remained focused on cheering up the other patients. She just wanted to be like all the other kids. That's all.
I despise her father for taking her away from the land where she was happy and treated with kindness. How could he fail to protect her. He took her to this land of strangers where she had nobody she could trust, nobody to confide in. She surely feared being caught "telling the truth" more than EB's neverending "punishments".
I can hardly bear to think of what happened to Zahra on a daily basis. I hope that those responsible for the horrific abuse of this beautiful child will be charged and that justice will be swift. No punishment will ever fit the evil crimes of those non-human beings. IMO

Zahra, you were a beautiful shining star, an inspiration to all who faced challenges. Now you light up the heavenly skies. I will look up at the stars at night, and remember you, now and forever.

Okay, the eulogy followed by Emily's statement about the investigators and the bracelets was heartbreaking. The eulogy alone had me in tears but then to read Emily's words, the dam just burst.

And Oriah, hugs to you friend. I am sorry this has been a rough day :( Thank you for all you do and all that you are to members here. You are a rock and it hurst my heart to know that you are having a tough one, you've been so thoughful and kind to me during mine.

Thank you, tlcox. You just made today a little easier. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devanport
Back