Evidence Against Patsy That Most People Have Never Read Before

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Love_Mama said:
Having just read this post which is very revealing of the Ramsey's tactics..

When I just read Pasty's answer to Det. Haney. Does anyone else here.... and I'm hoping you here have read other remarks by Patsy........think she talked like a waitress in some cheap diner? Our poster "Olive" noticed it!
xxxxxxoooooo
mama
Oh boy. I use that phrase whenever it is appropriate.. My parents used it and that is where I got it.My father was an accomplished surgeon and my mother was an RN. It is definitiely in my repertoire of cliches.Isn't it just an old fashioned phrase like "tickled pink" ? So, of course to me it doesn't sound the least bit unusual or odd..why does it to you Mama? I would guess you have heard ths phrase many times. Even my boys say it now, lol.
I guess I missed my calling as a waitress at a cheap diner. Never too late though I guess.

olive said:
Hmmn. Cheesy cliches. Kind of like the ransom note.

I mean, really, who talks like that?
:truce: me.Use that phrase all the time.

JBean said:
:truce: me.Use that phrase all the time.
Yep, count me in there with you, JBean! Hey, maybe WE should open a terrific greasy spoon somewhere, dress in those cool waitress outfits like that gal on the old TV show that used to say, "Kiss my grits!"? Seems we're very qualified!!

gaia:woohoo:

Love_Mama said:
Having just read this post which is very revealing of the Ramsey's tactics..

When I just read Pasty's answer to Det. Haney. Does anyone else here.... and I'm hoping you here have read other remarks by Patsy........think she talked like a waitress in some cheap diner? Our poster "Olive" noticed it!
xxxxxxoooooo
mama
It definitely jumped out at me. I attributed the phrase to her southern upbringing/roots (don't flame me for that, I'm southern born and bred, my comment is not a put down on southerners) but I could be wrong. It's something that I might say but not at all the kind of phrase I would expect out of the mouth of a prim, proper, southern belle Miss W. Virginia. I think her facade slipped a tad when she made that remark. And you have to remember, appearances were very important to her.

If you have ever listened to her mother and sister, they tend to talk the same way. (her mother has passed also.) I still believe that the Boulder police screwed it up so bad that I believe we will more than likely never truly know who killed that poor child.

Have a safe Holiday weekend friends.

Nedthan Johns said:
and others.. in regards to the fibers being consistant and not a match. I do believe that Patsy did not turn over the sweater for testing until months after the crime and there was speculation that she may have purchased another like and handed that one over instead. Please someone correct me if I am wrong

Ned, it was her red blouse/turtleneck that was turned over a year later "brand new"...not the original.

What really irked me was Patsy's response to detectives when asked about her sweater...."you know, Priscilla has one exactly like mine. It could have been hers, you know, I might have been cold at the party and Priscilla offered me her sweater."

GOOD FRIKKIN GRIEF!

olive said:
Hmmn. Cheesy cliches. Kind of like the ransom note.

I mean, really, who talks like that?
I do - actually I'm much worse :blushing: although I do make the attempt to let all my "book learnin" show when it counts!! IMO, Patsy liked to give the impression that she was a refined lady - and in using more "common" language, i.e. "....you're going down the wrong path, buddy..." she breaks character and allows her true colors to show....kind of like a mule in fine horse harness - as long as the mule is not expected to act like a fine horse, it will "pass".

Patsy Ramsey: "You're going down the wrong path, buddy."
JBean said:
Oh boy. I use that phrase whenever it is appropriate.. My parents used it and that is where I got it.My father was an accomplished surgeon and my mother was an RN. It is definitiely in my repertoire of cliches.Isn't it just an old fashioned phrase like "tickled pink" ? So, of course to me it doesn't sound the least bit unusual or odd..why does it to you Mama? I would guess you have heard ths phrase many times. Even my boys say it now, lol.
I guess I missed my calling as a waitress at a cheap diner. Never too late though I guess.
But how many people would use this condescending phrase when questioned by a police officer? Would innocent parents desperately wanting to find the killer of their daughter have called the detective 'buddy'? I can imagine Patsy being shocked or outraged when Haney implied the Ramseys' involvement in JB's killings, but it is her too callously sounding "you're going down the wrong path, buddy" which is bothering me.
The same goes for Patsy's "Pal, you don't want to go there" when Haney told her that JB had been the victim of prior sexual abuse.
Calling a police officer 'pal' is very snotty and condescending too, and imo when saying "Pal, you don't want to go there" in the context of this interview, Patsy wanted to threaten Haney.

This is a little off topic so please excuse me... but it is on the topic of PR doing odd things that lead some people to believe she wasn't innocent.

It's been almost 10 years since this crime happened so some of my memories aren't as fresh as they were many years ago... but when John brought JonBenet's body up from the basement and laid it down on the floor, PR was sitting in what I believe they referred to as either a sunroom or sitting room off the livingroom. Everyone was screaming and carrying on that JonBenet had been found... but Patsy NEVER got up from the couch she was sitting on to run out there to see her. As far as Patsy knew at that point, JonBenet could have been alive, so why didn't she jump off the couch and go running out there to see her? It's my contention that Patsy already knew JonBenet was dead so was sitting there preparing her "Lazarus" speech to delivery hysterically over JonBenet's lifeless body.

sandraladeda said:
I bought a new sweater today. I walked in the door with bag and put it on 2 hours ago.

Are there fibers from my new sweater scattered in the folds of my tent in the box of camping gear in my basement?

Not really a good comparison.

Maybe after you hug the kids and they go into the basement to play there might be some....or if you spend the day with the tent taking it to a party...dressing it to go out...hugging it...set it on furniture where you have sat.....etc....etc.

Because JBR wasn't kept in the basement like a tent....before she was found in the basement she lived in that house and was all over in it...she may even have been sitting in a chair or on the sofa or some other place her mother had sat in that red sweater. She may have hugged or been held by her mother numerous times that day and had red fibers all over her. If PR helped her dress for the party then she may have gotten red fibers all over JBR, on JBRs clothes...in JBRs clothes...in JBRs hair...etc

Fibers from people who lived in the house are meaningless if you ask me.

Further didn't Patsy want JBR to wear a red turtleneck to the Christmas party? do we know if JBR had that red top over her head at all? Maybe put it on and then didn't want to wear it. While I am thinking about it have fibers from the red top she didn't want to wear been excluded?

HeartofTexas said:
This is a little off topic so please excuse me... but it is on the topic of PR doing odd things that lead some people to believe she wasn't innocent.

It's been almost 10 years since this crime happened so some of my memories aren't as fresh as they were many years ago... but when John brought JonBenet's body up from the basement and laid it down on the floor, PR was sitting in what I believe they referred to as either a sunroom or sitting room off the livingroom. Everyone was screaming and carrying on that JonBenet had been found... but Patsy NEVER got up from the couch she was sitting on to run out there to see her. As far as Patsy knew at that point, JonBenet could have been alive, so why didn't she jump off the couch and go running out there to see her? It's my contention that Patsy already knew JonBenet was dead so was sitting there preparing her "Lazarus" speech to delivery hysterically over JonBenet's lifeless body.
Yes, that did happen.

She was also noted by the police as tending to watch them through her hands when she had them on her face while "crying".

Really...I feel the way the Ramseys acted on that day are key in reading them. The first detective on the scene had a gut instinct about them...and I believe she even felt uncomfortable being with them.

John Ramsey carried Jonbenet's body up the stairs in an odd looking manner...and 30 minutes after the discovery was fully prepared to take his wife and son to Atlanta. He had to be told he needed to stick around.

HeartofTexas said:

This is an interesting statement, HoT.If you are saying that it was reasonable for Patsy to have perhaps thought that JBR was alive, why is everyone so suspicious of JR removing the tape and bringin her upstairs? If there was even the slightest chance that she could be revived, I would have done the same thing as JR. So I find it interetsing that some find it preposterous that JR did not preserve the crime scene, discounting the fact that he may have hoped she was alive,yet some of you express confusion that Patsy should have considered that JBR was alive.

Tricia said:
MR. LEVIN: I think that is probably fair. Based on the state of the art scientific testing, we believe the fibers from her jacket were found in the paint tray, were found tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck, were found on the blanket that she is wrapped in, were found on the duct tape that is found on the mouth, and the question is, can she explain to us how those fibers appeared in those places that are associated with her daughter's death. And I understand you are not going to answer those.
Those are way too many fibers in way too many key places for anyone to excuse with "innocent transference".

If Patsy had been an intruder and left such fibers, most would see the evidence as very damning.
IDI though throws up the excuse that since Patsy lived there...it should be no surprise her fibers are around.
But it's way too much a significance that so many fibers of her would be in a concentrated area...in the basement...entwined in the instrument of her daughter's death...and the items around the body.

Really...for a person to claim "innocent tranference"...it stretches far too much logic.

rashomon said:
But how many people would use this condescending phrase when questioned by a police officer? Would innocent parents desperately wanting to find the killer of their daughter have called the detective 'buddy'? I can imagine Patsy being shocked or outraged when Haney implied the Ramseys' involvement in JB's killings, but it is her too callously sounding "you're going down the wrong path, buddy" which is bothering me.
The same goes for Patsy's "Pal, you don't want to go there" when Haney told her that JB had been the victim of prior sexual abuse.
Calling a police officer 'pal' is very snotty and condescending too, and imo when saying "Pal, you don't want to go there" in the context of this interview, Patsy wanted to threaten Haney.
As I say, I would have used that phrase in the same context and think it was used appropriately.

gaia said:
Yep, count me in there with you, JBean! Hey, maybe WE should open a terrific greasy spoon somewhere, dress in those cool waitress outfits like that gal on the old TV show that used to say, "Kiss my grits!"? Seems we're very qualified!!

gaia:woohoo:
Wouldya like fries with that?

"Those are way too many fibers in way too many key places for anyone to excuse with 'innocent tranference'."

Damn straight.

This is an interesting statement, HoT.If you are saying that it was reasonable for Patsy to have perhaps thought that JBR was alive, why is everyone so suspicious of JR removing the tape and bringin her upstairs? If there was even the slightest chance that she could be revived, I would have done the same thing as JR. So I find it interetsing that some find it preprosterous that JR did not preserve the crime scene, discounting the fact that he may have hoped she was alive,yet some of you express confusion that Patsy should have considered that JBR was alive.
JBean, I don't find it suspicious that JR brought JonBenet upstairs... I did find it odd ... actually, odder than hell... that he held her out in front of him, stiff as a board, as he carried her up the stairs. I'm pretty sure, too, that the fact her body was stiff as a board (in rigor mortis) was a pretty good clue there was no use reviving her.

JBean said:
This is an interesting statement, HoT.If you are saying that it was reasonable for Patsy to have perhaps thought that JBR was alive, why is everyone so suspicious of JR removing the tape and bringin her upstairs? If there was even the slightest chance that she could be revived, I would have done the same thing as JR. So I find it interetsing that some find it preprosterous that JR did not preserve the crime scene, discounting the fact that he may have hoped she was alive,yet some of you express confusion that Patsy should have considered that JBR was alive.
Patsy didn't see the body until it was brought up. The buzz was "Jonbenet has been found!" not that "Jonbenet is dead and John is bringing her body up!".

Considering her daughter was supposedly "kidnapped", it makes sense that she should be hoping and thinking her daughter is alive until she knows she is not.

John on the other hand did see the body...and even though it was clear she was dead, he claimed he tried to revive her and carried her upstairs to still try to revive her.
Meanwhile, the detective on the scene could tell from a distance Jonbenet was dead...she didn't need to be up close.

SleuthingSleuth said:
Those are way too many fibers in way too many key places for anyone to excuse with "innocent transference".

If Patsy had been an intruder and left such fibers, most would see the evidence as very damning.
IDI though throws up the excuse that since Patsy lived there...it should be no surprise her fibers are around.
But it's way too much a significance that so many fibers of her would be in a concentrated area...in the basement...entwined in the instrument of her daughter's death...and the items around the body.

Really...for a person to claim "innocent tranference"...it stretches far too much logic.
Especially when Patsy then later tells LE that she never wore that sweater to the basement.

HeartofTexas said:
JBean, I don't find it suspicious that JR brought JonBenet upstairs... I did find it odd ... actually, odder than hell... that he held her out in front of him, stiff as a board, as he carried her up the stairs. I'm pretty sure, too, that the fact her body was stiff as a board (in rigor mortis) was a pretty good clue there was no use reviving her.
HI HoT, I was thinking more of those that have posted that JR was "contaminating the crime scene" by removing the tape and bringing her upstairs, when he should have realized she was dead and called for LE to come down there instead fo bringin her to them. But you said as far as PR was concerned there was a chance she was alive and she should have gone to her. I agree with that, but I think it applies to JR as well.
I think any parent would hope and believe their child was alive, or at least hope for the possibility that they might be "revived"even if it's obvious they are dead.
Regarding the method in which he brought her upstairs, perhaps a part of him was trying to keep a distance from his body so as to preserve any evidence, dead or alive. I would possibly have the presence of mind to do that. Can't say for sure of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back