Excused from the Rule of Sequestration

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, Richard Hornsby gave Mark Lippman the Beasley case info:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2KSwbPqXPM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I too am stunned that HHMP is going to allow the Anthonys in the courtroom. And he didn't stipulate that they must sit in the balcony or somewhere out of camera range, so it looks like they will be sitting in their usual spot behind the defense.

But HHMP did state firmly that anyone making facial expressions or expressions of agreement/disagreement would be ejected from the courtroom. Based on that.............I don't think GA and CA will last too long before being removed.

Unless there's a behind-the-scenes agreement between the DT and GA and CA that the Anthonys will be portrayed as abusive, I think the DT's opening statement will offend the Anthonys and they won't be able to hold back expressions of disagreement.

I almost got the feeling HHJP shrugged and said - Fine! have it your way and let's do it the hard way. I was trying to save the Anthony's the humiliation of being tossed out - but hey - if you insist - then sure - motion granted.

And dusted his hands off and moved on to other business.

I think the problem, RR 99 redluftballoons avatar fellow WS friend, is that I think with a typical brain, capable of compassion, humility, the desire for justice and truth, love, logical thinking, and reasoning. This is probably why I am incapable of seeing things from the A's perspective.

As an aside, would they have seen Autopsy photos?

You are entirely correct tho. They smelled that car. THEY SMELLED DECOMP in the car that was in the soul possession of their daughter who could not account for the whereabouts of her daughter.

How can you be in that much denial? To stand next to that car, smell that smell, and know full well that Caylee was MISSING....???? They've seen enough and smelled enough to know the truth I'm sure. I just want them to sit through every stinking gory atrocious detail and suffer through it. I want them to hear allllll of the evidence and hope it haunts them every time they lay down to sleep at night. They can try to explain it all away to the world, but guilt eats at a person. They know the truth. For me, it's just adding insult to injury. Just rubbing salt in the wound.

If it doesn't shake them up enough for them to admit the truth, I can at least hope it helps eat at them for eternity.

sorry. I'm a little bitter today about all of this!
Geez...and I thought you were being hopefully optimistic...lol.
No, I see your point...I just can imagine years of their "on tour" behavior crying about Casey's innocence. Personally, I don't know how they could subject themselves to what you described and be able to contain themselves. I hope there isn't a single camera directed at them. I only want to watch the State's case unfold.

oxoxoxox

I almost got the feeling HHJP shrugged and said - Fine! have it your way and let's do it the hard way. I was trying to save the Anthony's the humiliation of being tossed out - but hey - if you insist - then sure - motion granted.

Ya think we should have a poll to see how long it will take? (j/k :) )

Do they have to sit in the balcony? I missed if this arrangement came to fruition...

I believe, unless it has changed, that the autopsy photos are not to be released to anyone by the experts and defense. CA and GA would not be permitted to see them until the trial. jmo

Do they have to sit in the balcony? I missed if this arrangement came to fruition...

JP never said anything about them having to sit in the balcony, so I am assuming that will not be a requirement.

I have a question about the autopsy photos. Since they will be shown at the trial, and tv cameras will be present (of course), does that mean they will be shown on TV, as well? Will the cameras not be allowed to focus on those photographs, or what? Just curious.

When HHJP asked JA if he had any objection to them being present he explained (a) that he would be calling them more than once and (b) they had been very emotional so far, so maybe sitting in the balcony would be more appropriate, they wouldn't disturb anyone and couldn't be seen on camera. HHJP ruled they could attend and told ML they could sit in the gallery.
When ML was interviewed on IS shortly after he said he had not seen the seating plan but thought the A's might end up seated behind the SA......

I believe, unless it has changed, that the autopsy photos are not to be released to anyone by the experts and defense. CA and GA would not be permitted to see them until the trial. jmo

I would think as a "spectator" that George and Cindy, along with everyone else in the gallery, would not be allowed to see the autopsy photos. Won't those be shown just to the jurors and relevant witnesses?

I have a question about the autopsy photos. Since they will be shown at the trial, and tv cameras will be present (of course), does that mean they will be shown on TV, as well? Will the cameras not be allowed to focus on those photographs, or what? Just curious.

I am under the impression that only those with a "need" to see the autopsy photos will see them. I don't believe they will be shown on camera.

But maybe one of our legal minds can confirm one way or the other.

I would think as a "spectator" that George and Cindy, along with everyone else in the gallery, would not be allowed to see the autopsy photos. Won't those be shown just to the jurors and relevant witnesses?

I am positive you are correct - I think the very last thing the courts want is a spread in People's mag or the National Enquirer - UGH!!:maddening:

I haven't read everyone's comments yet but I was surprised as JP's ruling.
Oh well, I guess he figures they'd watch it on TV anyway. Maybe he wants to observe them during the comments (even though he made clear no faces, etc.) Maybe he doesn't want to make it easy for KC to claim mistruths through her lawyers or maybe he wants the family secrets told outloud, whatever they may be, so everyone is on the same page. That is, KC can't hide behind whatever - I mean, what she claims must be told to their faces (even though her back will be to them).

I am glad the Anthony's are going to be able to be in the court, for one main reason. IF they are going to be run over by the bus, then I think they should be able to be there so they can try and defend themselves. If Casey is going to point the finger of blame at George she should have to do so while he is watching with his own eyes, imo/

All I can say is.........watch what you wish for GA & CA............
I am one of those who wanted them to have to sit through the trial, even if we have to duct tape them...........oops..............my bad

I finally went back and did some reading on this thread and LG you have it here I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela