Family, friends mourn Tigard boy (This is MY son)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was just reading here again... Missing my mom and our little man Ethan.

One thing I wanna say: People say "oh, it will get better with time".... REALLY? no, it does not... you just learn to live with the pain and scars........

I agree 100%... you learn to deal with the emptiness in a different way. God bless you my friend!

Was just reading here again... Missing my mom and our little man Ethan.

One thing I wanna say: People say "oh, it will get better with time".... REALLY? no, it does not... you just learn to live with the pain and scars........

My grandmother lost her youngest son in 1943. He was three. Her only other child (my dad) was twelve when Maynard was born...they surely did not expect another child. My grandparents had lived in Chicago their entire married life. Both were immigrants and were raised on farms. Things went badly for them and they moved several states away to a rural farm house. My grandpa did not farm per se...but they rented a farm and had some animals. My dad hated it since he was raised with electricity and flush toilets. The farm did not.

Maynard was gored by a farm animal. My grandma was home alone with him when it occurred. She would never ever talk about that day or the days after. He lived a day before he died. I always imagine that she gathered him in her apron and ran like the wind with her broken baby to find someone with a car or a phone.

She never talked about his death but she talked about his short life often. He was a beautiful child.....honestly a dead ringer for Shirley Temple....same hair. Shortly before he died, my grandpa insisted he get his hair cut. Grandma would only agree if there were before and after pictures professionally taken. They dressed him in a little shortie sailor suit for the pictures. I have seen the after pictures but grandma always had several of the prints of the before in most rooms of her house.

My mom thought it was creepy. I did not. I think grandma probably talked more to me about Maynard than anyone else. She never mentioned anything about his death.

For what it's worth....I think that she worried that he would be forgotten. When she died...I took the before pictures and have them in my house and look at them every day.

No....it never ever goes away. When she died my first thought was relief that she was back with her curly haired baby.

My grandmother lost her youngest son in 1943. He was three. Her only other child (my dad) was twelve when Maynard was born...they surely did not expect another child. My grandparents had lived in Chicago their entire married life. Both were immigrants and were raised on farms. Things went badly for them and they moved several states away to a rural farm house. My grandpa did not farm per se...but they rented a farm and had some animals. My dad hated it since he was raised with electricity and flush toilets. The farm did not.

Maynard was gored by a farm animal. My grandma was home alone with him when it occurred. She would never ever talk about that day or the days after. He lived a day before he died. I always imagine that she gathered him in her apron and ran like the wind with her broken baby to find someone with a car or a phone.

She never talked about his death but she talked about his short life often. He was a beautiful child.....honestly a dead ringer for Shirley Temple....same hair. Shortly before he died, my grandpa insisted he get his hair cut. Grandma would only agree if there were before and after pictures professionally taken. They dressed him in a little shortie sailor suit for the pictures. I have seen the after pictures but grandma always had several of the prints of the before in most rooms of her house.

My mom thought it was creepy. I did not. I think grandma probably talked more to me about Maynard than anyone else. She never mentioned anything about his death.

For what it's worth....I think that she worried that he would be forgotten. When she died...I took the before pictures and have them in my house and look at them every day.

No....it never ever goes away. When she died my first thought was relief that she was back with her curly haired baby.

Thank You for sharing this... Yes, my biggest fear is that once I'm gone Ethan will be forgotten.... So as long as I'm alive I will talk about his life & his death... I will share him with the world... I just hope that our story might help another parent... To let them know sadly they are NOT alone!

I am so thankful to Websleuths for keeping this thread... Even almost 8 1/2 yrs later... I do come and read these posts every so often....

Have a beautiful day everyone 😇

Thank You for sharing this... Yes, my biggest fear is that once I'm gone Ethan will be forgotten.... So as long as I'm alive I will talk about his life & his death... I will share him with the world... I just hope that our story might help another parent... To let them know sadly they are NOT alone!

I am so thankful to Websleuths for keeping this thread... Even almost 8 1/2 yrs later... I do come and read these posts every so often....

Have a beautiful day everyone ��

Bless you and your family and Ethan in heaven.

That's a great name "Ethan". A really great name. Bless you + him. :)

My good friend lost their beloved baby to SIDS. They went to sleep, and at 5 am, when she went to check on him, he was blue. It was a total shock and a devastation for them both. My hurt goes out to you because i know how devastating this is. :cry:

Hello Sleuthers!
It’s been awhile... I was actually just thinking of Tybee the other day and told myself I need to come by and say hello to everyone... I have been doing okay... we bought a house here in Brookings. Two of our boys live with us and our oldest son is getting married in November! I am so excited for him. They are perfect together! Seems like yesterday he was graduating high school and we were headed camping... *sigh* But, it’s been 11 years last Saturday since we lost our little man, Ethan. I am so thankful for the people from this site that helped me through those first few years... Anyway, I’m still around... I still follow cases but nowhere near like I used to. I am finally getting my double knee replacement surgery in August. I’m hoping to be much more mobile and I will be redoing Ethan’s Garden here at our home (The one at the river, where the accident happened, has been washed down stream) I will post photos when it’s done.
Thank you all for being such wonderful compassionate people!
Di-

Saying a prayer for Ethan and your family.
My daughter lost her 1st baby, Ava when she was an infant. She had a syndrome. We all work at keeping her spirit alive. Her younger brothers talk about her as though they knew her. My daughter is an NICU nurse practitioner. Often times she’s shared her story and life experiences with other parents facing devastating diagnoses.
Bless you and your family!

Hello Sleuthers!
It’s been awhile... I was actually just thinking of Tybee the other day and told myself I need to come by and say hello to everyone... I have been doing okay... we bought a house here in Brookings. Two of our boys live with us and our oldest son is getting married in November! I am so excited for him. They are perfect together! Seems like yesterday he was graduating high school and we were headed camping... *sigh* But, it’s been 11 years last Saturday since we lost our little man, Ethan. I am so thankful for the people from this site that helped me through those first few years... Anyway, I’m still around... I still follow cases but nowhere near like I used to. I am finally getting my double knee replacement surgery in August. I’m hoping to be much more mobile and I will be redoing Ethan’s Garden here at our home (The one at the river, where the accident happened, has been washed down stream) I will post photos when it’s done.
Thank you all for being such wonderful compassionate people!
Di-

I am so sorry that you lost your precious son, Ethan.

Thank you all! I really do love this place and all the wonderful people here...

I really jumped on Mollie Tibbits case and had to keep up with it every day... I was so heartbroken, just like so many others here, when they found her body.
Now, I have gotten myself caught up in Jayme Closs... I’m so afraid my heart will be broken again...
The only comfort I have when they find one of our missing no longer with us here on earth is that I know Ethan has a new friend and I know he has welcomed them into heaven with open arms. That thought in my head warms my heart.
Love, blessings & hugs to everyone!

“The only comfort I have when they find one of our missing no longer with us here on earth is that I know Ethan has a new friend and I know he has welcomed them into heaven with open arms.”

That is such a sweet thought. Peace to you.

Ethan has a new friend.... Darnell Gray was found deceased today. He would be celebrating his 5th birthday next week. So, he and Ethan would be pretty close in age since he was 5 1/2. I remember when Darnell first went missing with his “Black Panther” backpack. I thought, I bet Ethan would have liked that movie. It breaks my heart that this has happened to Darnell but I am grateful to know Ethan & my parents are there to be with him. I think I am over emotional today also.
Our oldest son has a friend that was having some headaches for the past few months (his friend is 22yrs old). Well, my son called me on his way home from work yesterday and said mom I just wanted to call and tell you I love you and I have something I need to get off my chest. BTW, our oldest is 29 and getting married November 17 this year. I’ve always told my kids they can come to me about ANYTHING! Back to where I was.... I said okay, what’s up? He said this hits really close to the heart I’m just warning you now. I cautiously said alright, go on... he goes on to tell me that this friend collapsed at work yesterday and 911 was called... he was rushed to the hospital... into surgery... brain aneurysm.... they give him 10% chance of getting through the surgery!! Omg.... I am bawling by this time because yes it does hit very close to the heart... we lost Ethan from a massive head injury from a cotton wood tree limb falling across his forehead. I know and understand what blood does when it touches the brain. You can not reverse what has happened, that part of the brain is gone. His friend also suffered a stroke and has no mobility on the right side of his body. My son and I talked awhile longer and I asked him to keep me updated. He texted me much later last night saying amazingly... he made it through surgery and the doctors were cautiously optimistic. They said it was just a sit and wait now... so late this morning I got a call from my son again. I guess when his friend was there last night his head was at a 54.... the doctors want it under a 20... this morning.... it was 14!!!!!! They said they are going to very, very slowly try and wake him up and see how things go.
If you have a moment and if you don’t mind I would so much appreciate if you would add Keegan to your positive thoughts and/or prayers. He is a great young man just starting out in life. Just signed on his very first house. Is engaged to his high school sweetheart. Is a hard worker. He has a huge heart... I was looking so forward to meeting him at the wedding. Positive prayers & thoughts that I still maybe able to!
Thank you for listening to me babble...
I love this place!!!

Praying for Keegan, and grateful to have the blessing of learning about Ethan. Such a short time here on earth. I cannot imagine the pain of loosing a child. But I CAN imagine the joy of seeing them again and being reunited for eternity in heaven. Your son is a precious and beautiful gift.

Have a beautiful day everyone 😇

I am just now seeing this. I am sooooo sorry you have gone through this. Your sweet Ethan will never be forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04
Back