Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omari ‏@_iamOMARI 43m
Thank you to all those that prayed for us & made donations. And for those that were against us, may… http://instagram.com/p/i2jugVopsw/

from Los Angeles, CA

bbm- look at city

While I've had a lot of Biblical education (personal and institutional), I'm certainly no spiritual authority...but I've been having an interesting 'friendly debate' today on Twitter with someone who believes, since the Bible says the "life is in the blood," that JM is still alive because her blood is being pumped through her system. For what it's worth, my own view is, yes--I believe the Bible, too. But if we're going to apply that particular verse to explain everything about this, here's another way to look at it. If the "life is in the blood" and there's no blood in JM's brain since 12/12, then, the way I see it, at least--there's no Life in her brain, and the person we might have known as Jahi has moved on. This interesting blog (posted earlier) remarks how we can replace other organs, but not the brain. All of our other organs are dependent upon our brain. Early Christian or philosophical thought (back to Aristotle) held that the 'heart' was the seat of the soul. But the original scripture used to reference that was written in poetic languages (Grk/Hebrew), not literal ones. The 'heart' refers to the comprehending essence and expression of a person/personality. Jahi could still have that individual essence if her physical heart were surgically replaced, or if she were missing a kidney or limb--but not if her brain were removed. We've also heard how, if the human heart were to be removed from the body and put in oxygenated saline, it would continue to beat--but we wouldn't equate that heart with the person. To me the brain is key, and it seems self-evident that the life that was "Jahi" would no longer be there once her brain was irreversibly dead. I believe Jahi's personhood is no longer in that brain--Jahi has already moved on, IMHO. And while I'm not trying to proselytize here, I, at least, find comfort in that.

I think life is in the blood, refers to the blood of Christ that was shed to save those who believe. I don't think it was ever intended to determine when a person's life on earth ceases to exist.

Is Sealey the uncle? If so, aren't there photos of Sealey in Cabo when the surgery was done, so he wasn't there?

Yes Sealy is the uncle who was in Cabo on the day of surgery. So his comments about what happened are what he has heard from his family NOT what he witnessed or was a part of.

I spent quite a while today reading his many tweets from before all of this happened. Frankly, the man has has to tweet and post pics of everything. he seems to me to be a very fame hungry poser. He fancies himself as a future VIP of something, posting shirtless selfies of his abs along with many more selfies of himself, for instance, he tweeted pic from mothers day where he was spending time with his mom/family and the pic was just of him. :floorlaugh:

He tweets many times a day about the most mundane or boastful things, I guess to impress people. Attention seeking tweets like he has job interviews but they best be talking six figures, he read for a part in a film, blah, blah, blah. He is his own biggest fan and he is quite impressed with himself for his part in this whole ordeal with Jahi. Believe me, he will be devastated and forlorn when the cameras no longer are no longer pointed his way.

I think life is in the blood, refers to the blood of Christ that was shed to save those who believe. I don't think it was ever intended to determine when a person's life on earth ceases to exist.

Yes, this is what I primarily think of when I think of spiritual Life. Thanks for your thoughts.

Does anyone remember if any of the facility offers were from LA? I remember NY and AZ, and seem to recall there being five facilities who were considering it. Interesting, as it would be close to the family (sort of, by air it's not far at all).

Looks like he was in LA to do the Piers Morgan show. Wonder if he'll do some other shows.

Piers Morgan Live is recorded primarily in CNN's studios at the Time Warner Center in New York City.

Does anyone remember if any of the facility offers were from LA? I remember NY and AZ, and seem to recall there being five facilities who were considering it. Interesting, as it would be close to the family (sort of, by air it's not far at all).

IIRC the 5 offers came from:
Northern California
Hollywood, CA
New York
San Bernardino County, California
Arizona

First two backed out, IIRC Hollywood backed out saying they couldn't find a doctor who would treat her.

Yes, there was a facility in North Hollywood considering taking her early on, but backed out because of publicity and/or issues regarding Doctors/RNs unwilling to take her on as a patient.

As for where Loma Linda is, it's located in the city of Loma Linda, which is in the Moreno Valley, which is about 60-70 miles fairly due east of downtown Los Angeles. Kind of near Murrieta, Redlands area, in San Bernardino county.

Best-
Herding Cats

He and the atty. were on Piers Morgan Live tonight....I am not sure where it is filmed maybe California? I need to google it,lol.

I spent my entire day at the hospital in L&D. At admitting one of the papers I had to acknowledge and sign was the terms of their (very thorough) visitor policy. Hours, age, amount, health and conduct of the visitors were all covered. They stuck it in my chart and sent me home with a copy! I would think most hospitals have something like this now.

I hope everything is okay?! Stay inside, baby!

IIRC the 5 offers came from:
Northern California
Hollywood, CA
New York
San Bernardino County, California
Arizona

First two backed out, IIRC Hollywood backed out saying they couldn't find a doctor who would treat her.

Loma Linda is in San Bernadino County.

He and the atty. were on Piers Morgan Live tonight....I am not sure where it is filmed maybe California? I need to google it,lol.

Ok- was he live in studio- or via feed? PM films in NYC. If he was via feed- he is in a local studio in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member