Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The support for this is vocal, but very much in the minority imo. Thank goodness. jmo

Sadly, within my immediate family, my husband and I are the only ones that are not trashing the hospital. My mom has gone as far as to say that the doctors should be brought up on attempted murder charges.

OK- here's what DDAVP really is:

(2S)-N-[(2R)-1-[(2-amino-2-oxoethyl)amino]-5-
(diaminomethylideneamino)-1-oxopentan-2-yl]-1-
[(4R,7S,10S,13S,16S)-7-(2-amino-2-oxoethyl)-10-
(3-amino-3-oxopropyl)-16-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)methyl]-
6,9,12,15,18-pentaoxo-13-(phenylmethyl)1,2-dithia-
5,8,11,14,17-pentazacycloicosane-4-carbonyl]
pyrrolidine-2-carboxamide

You're sorry you asked now, aren't you?????

Could you draw the structure for us? Lol. In college had a professor who required students to draw Krebs cycle in chemical structure form.

-----------
Thank you Isabelle, the hospital did this with my husband less than 24 hrs. after an aneurysm. They also did a C~SCAN.. both showed no function. Two days later I removed the life support. I sat down, put my head on his chest and heard the last beat~our son had a basilar artery stroke, on life, came off heart continued to beat. Cortex wide open. No, he survived 3 1/2 years.This poor family is in complete denial. God help her mother.

You have truly had way beyond your share of grief. Bless you.

Jahi's mother "wants" desperately to believe that her daughter is responding to various stimuli - music, touch, voices - but I doubt that it's true. :moo:

That said, do individuals on ventilators tend to exhibit heart arrhythmias?

The definitely can and the cause is not necessarily the ventilator. Low oxygen level can cause arrhythmia as well as the act of suctioning. Unless the patient has a condition that causes arrhythmia, they would most likely related to abnormal fluid and electrolyte balance or hypoxia.

Nooooo! Please don't go there! Organ donation is the easiest thing to do to save a life. And it needs be encouraged. It's a win win. It's case closed. Donate your organs. The end.

i.m.o

Say that with the same certainty AFTER you have read and understood the two links I've provided....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really curious about the suctioning activity described by Uncle O. My instincts say that suctioning that area would need to be done with gentle caution. But uncle O said that mom, the stepdad and grandma, and even Jahi herself were franticly suctioning blood. But couldn't suctioning also cause bleeding after very recent surgery?

I am really curious about the suctioning activity described by Uncle O. My instincts say that suctioning that area would need to be done with gentle caution. But uncle O said that mom, the stepdad and grandma, and even Jahi herself were franticly suctioning blood. But couldn't suctioning also cause bleeding after very recent surgery?

Since he wasn't even there, I don't really believe what he says. :twocents: But yes, I would think it would cause bleeding.

Also, Gma indicated she & Jahi both suctioned while in "recovery" (see JVM videos)

What if, for the sake of argument ....Jahi's mother is correct? What would the ramifications be?

Jahi's bowels have not functioned in a few weeks. That is likely just the tip of the iceberg.

If for the sake of argument her "brain" suddenly wakes up then folks had also better pray for a miracle regarding the rest of her body because it doesn't seem to be doing too good.

Realistically if she "woke up" the ramifications would be malpractice lawsuits galore and a girl that died shortly after due to the other physical ailments.

If this is about faith, I have heard heaven is supposed to be pretty great so if there is even a small chance her consciousness is still in that body and suffering why is that better than heaven and eternal bliss in the afterlife?

I think that suctioning part is disturbing and likely very true (it has come up too many times now). I doubt that several family members were doing it but still even if a couple were that is a problem.

The girl was supposed to be sent to ICU. If in fact the family/patient was allowed to suction blood it seems the hospital staff messed up.

The suctioning story has been too prevalent and is just too odd for the family to have "imagined". Yes of COURSE it could cause problems but if they were doing it why was the staff LETTING them do it???

Since he wasn't even there, I don't really believe what he says. :twocents: But yes, I would think it would cause bleeding.

I have done the suctioning one time and it scared me to death. The end of the suction grabbed my mother's lip, and inside of her mouth. I could not believe how strong it was. I immediately gave it back to the therapist. It could definitely cause more damaga. jmo

As far as the arrhythmias are concerned, maybe it's due to reduced amount of certain nutrients. Sodium, potassium, etc. effect the heart rhythm, and we don't know what she was receiving in the hospital.

Do we know why the family members were suctioning? Did anybody tell them to do it?

Have tried to read every post, so this has probably been suggested, but has anyone considered that Jahi is in Mexico? talked to my partner last night at length about this story and the first thing he said was Mexico.

RSBM: You know what?? I had not considered this but it makes PERFECT sense, assuming Mexico would allow Jahi into the country. For one thing, it could explain how they found a doctor who would perform surgical procedures on a brain dead person. Also could be a way to avoid that pesky autopsy that the Altadena coroner's office wants to perform.

Or have I been watching too many movies on the SyFy channel lately?

I think that suctioning part is disturbing and likely very true (it has come up too many times now). I doubt that several family members were doing it but still even if a couple were that is a problem.

The girl was supposed to be sent to ICU. If in fact the family/patient was allowed to suction blood it seems the hospital staff messed up.

The suctioning story has been too prevalent and is just too odd for the family to have "imagined". Yes of COURSE it could cause problems but if they were doing it why was the staff LETTING them do it???

I think in panic a family member probably GMa started suctioning. Why were so many people even in there? jmo

Do we know why the family members were suctioning? Did anybody tell them to do it?

It was in the court papers that the grandmother and step father did suction. I highly doubt that the hospital staff let them. But we have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*