Family wants to keep life support for girl brain dead after tonsil surgery #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again to everyone for sharing your knowledge and insight with us. We are all learning, while also feeling mad, sad, confused, angry, etc.

Have tried to read every post, so this has probably been suggested, but has anyone considered that Jahi is in Mexico? talked to my partner last night at length about this story and the first thing he said was Mexico.

Also, I had surgery (with general anesthesia) in late November and there was nothing at all said to ask me not to wear nail polish - in fact, the nurses talked about my fun polish. Nose stud had to come out, but zilch about nail polish FWIW.

I would think it would be incredibly difficult to get a passport for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in the court papers that the grandmother and step father did suction. I highly doubt that the hospital staff let them. But we have to wait and see.

Since Grandma is a LVN, it is possible that she saw the suction device and knew how to use it. [Speculating]

You don't need a passport to enter Mexico from San Diego. You do need one to re -enter the US, but I doubt they are worried about that.

I don't think she needs a passport to enter does she? She would need one to get back into the US. But then again would you need a passport for a deceased person?

Medical Board of California Should Investigate Mcmath Clinicians

But the California Medical Board revoked Kamrava's license. It found gross negligence. The Board held that while it is appropriate to consider patient wishes, a physician cannot be “oblivious to standards of care.” It concluded that Dr. Kamrava failed to “exercise sound judgment.” In re Kamrava, No. 06-2009-197098 (Medical Board of California, 1 June 2011). A similar result might obtain for clinicians in the Mcmath case.

http://medicalfutility.blogspot.com/2014/01/medical-board-of-california-should.html?spref=tw

RSBM: You know what?? I had not considered this but it makes PERFECT sense, assuming Mexico would allow Jahi into the country. For one thing, it could explain how they found a doctor who would perform surgical procedures on a brain dead person. Also could be a way to avoid that pesky autopsy that the Altadena coroner's office wants to perform.

No no no

Do you really think the US Magistrate would allow her to be removed to Mexico?

I think the stipulations on the arrangements with the corner are that the body is to be returned for an autopsy by Altadena County coroner. It would be in defiance of a court order for them to not return with it. Then there are those pesky questions by the US border agents and drug dogs about the large box in the back of the truck at the border crossing station........

Mexico also introduces legal issues in that Dolan might find very difficult to use in the eventual lawsuit- facility not subject to US licensing laws, not subject to US medical records disclosure laws, etc. Then you have the problems of physicians not licensed in Mexico (Dr. D Hammons, Dr. Bryne).

Just too much out of Dolan's control and potentially disruptive to his case.

I think in panic a family member probably GMa started suctioning. Why were so many people even in there? jmo

Why was any non-staff in there? Okay so she wakes from surgery and is supposed to go to the ICU, and then there is a popsicle and lots of family and talking (reportedly) and bleeding and family suctioning up the blood?

Perhaps some medical professionals can chime in here. If she was supposed to be sent to the ICU how did the family and suctioning and such occur? One would think she would be watched as she awoke from the surgery and then transferred directly to the ICU.

Sissy. Just kidding, I have had 2 and I am awake enough to watch on the monitor while Dr. listens to opera. The recovery time is nil. I stop and eat on the way home.

I just had my first colonoscopy & upper endoscopy (I also have sleep apnea & high blood pressure)- the prep is the worst. When I woke up, & thought I was halfway through, they told me I was done, it's over. I appreciate all the medical treatment I've ever received, but I know enough to know that any surgery/ treatment has risks. I think this family was made aware of the risks, but once things started going south, who knows what happened?

However, I think they've had plenty of time to come to terms w/ the reality of the fact that Jahi is dead, I can't think of why they would want to continue to continue to deny the reality of her death.

Since Grandma is a LVN, it is possible that she saw the suction device and knew how to use it. [Speculating]

I've never heard of a LVN ... Is that exactly the same as a LPN?

St, Jude's Children's Hospital (Memphis, TN) Affiliates:

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The St. Jude Baton Rouge Affiliate Clinic is located in the Medical Plaza attached to Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Huntsville, Alabama
The St. Jude Clinic at Huntsville Hospital for Women and Children is north Alabama’s first pediatric cancer care and hematology clinic.

Johnson City, Tennessee
The St. Jude Tri-Cities Affiliate Clinic is located in Johnson City, Tennessee, in the Johnson City Medical Center.

Peoria, Illinois
The St. Jude Jim and Trudy Maloof St. Jude Midwest Affiliate Clinic, established in 1972, is located in Children's Hospital of Illinois at OSF-Saint Francis Medical Center, in Peoria, Illinois.

Shreveport, Louisiana
The St. Jude Shreveport Affiliate Clinic is located in LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.

Springfield, Missouri
St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Mercy Children’s Hospital-Springfield, is located in Springfield, Missouri.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f87d4c2a71fca210VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

I just want to say that the main campus, the Memphis, TN St. Jude Children's Hospital was a referral/ transfer hospital for MANY pediatric cancer patients from hospitals I worked with in a neighboring state.

To the best of my knowledge from the kids who came back to us for continued care, St. Jude is an extremely benevolent charitable hospital, and helps thousands of children and their families every year. The care provided is said to be excellent and cutting edge technology is used to treat cancers in the children who go there.

When you see the legitimate donation appeals for St. Jude, your money really does go to help a child with cancer and other related catastrophic diseases. They are close to 100% donation- sponsored. Also, no family ever pays for their child's treatment at St. Jude, regardless of income. Danny Thomas, and now Marlo Thomas, has helped save 2 generations of children from cancer.

Why was any non-staff in there? Okay so she wakes from surgery and is supposed to go to the ICU, and then there is a popsicle and lots of family and talking (reportedly) and bleeding and family suctioning up the blood?

Perhaps some medical professionals can chime in here. If she was supposed to be sent to the ICU how did the family and suctioning and such occur? One would think she would be watched as she awoke from the surgery and then transferred directly to the ICU.

I think the popsicle and the suctioning and the visitors all happened while Jahi was in the ICU. I may be wrong, but that is what it seemed like in uncle's descriptions. [ even though he was not present.]

I have done the suctioning one time and it scared me to death. The end of the suction grabbed my mother's lip, and inside of her mouth. I could not believe how strong it was. I immediately gave it back to the therapist. It could definitely cause more damaga. jmo

What sort of suctioning device are we talking about? I wasn't thinking anything that powerful...if so, and the GM is an LVN, wth?

Yeah, I'd think she had more sense in this matter. :sigh: Sadly she doesn't and just perpetrates this fraud. :twocents: I would seriously question her credentials. Afterall, she was "glowing" ! :doh:

I think the popsicle and the suctioning and the visitors all happened while Jahi was in the ICU. I may be wrong, but that is what it seemed like in uncle's descriptions. [ even though he was not present.]

Perhaps that is right. I thought they transferred her to ICU and the family had to wait 30 minutes and then they saw the blood etc....

I just want to say that the main campus, the Memphis, TN St. Jude Children's Hospital was a referral/ transfer hospital for MANY pediatric cancer patients from hospitals I worked with in a neighboring state.

To the best of my knowledge from the kids who came back to us for continued care, St. Jude is an extremely benevolent charitable hospital, and helps thousands of children and their families every year. The care provided is said to be excellent and cutting edge technology is used to treat cancers in the children who go there.

When you see the legitimate donation appeals for St. Jude, your money really does go to help a child with cancer and other related catastrophic diseases. They are close to 100% donation- sponsored. Also, no family ever pays for their child's treatment at St. Jude, regardless of income. Danny Thomas, and now Marlo Thomas, has helped save 2 generations of children from cancer.
I've always heard this...I hope Marlo has someone ready to take her place, and carry on the tradition, when she is gone. Danny Thomas loved children.

The sitting up & talking & Popsicle part was said to occur in the recovery room..she was said to have been moved to the ICU and there was a 30 minute delay before family could go back into ICU see her...when they did go back she was bleeding...so much so they kept bringing it to the nurses attention and receiving larger containers to collect the blood.
Family claimed this happened at a shift change and the nurses weren't concerned or claimed it wasn't abnormal...they claim to have been there when they were trying to resuscitate her

I've never heard of a LVN ... Is that exactly the same as a LPN?

In California they are called " licensed vocational nurses' ---they are licensed to do routine procedures and assist the RNS

no passport needed to get into Mexico (in my experience). We just walk right across the border, and when we drive, they just wave us through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiemi