Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors: Ann Rule's Crime Files

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not even thought of this. You may be onto something. As I recall, Becky had paint on her fingers, right?

Yes, she had paint on her fingers and, IIRC a couple of drops on her chest. If this scenario happened, would she have been conscious or unconscious? Seems it would be difficult to do, hence only one letter was done this way. If conscious, she would have struggled too much and made a mess.

Pics from Ann's book:
NinaMug.jpg

SheSavedHim.jpg

Does anyone know if that door was opened or closed when investigators came on to the scene. By all accounts AS was outside, with RZ's body or running around looking for the address. He would have no reason to go upstairs. Was the door facing the hallway opened or closed when LE arrived? Could that door have been shut and then the message painted? I absolutely agree that it is very peculiar. When you look at the message, it isn't a "determined attempt" to make a statement. It's disjointed and floundering. The grim determination that someone must have had to commit suicide in this fashion is blatantly absent in the message.

Always MOO

Does anyone know if that door was opened or closed when investigators came on to the scene. By all accounts AS was outside, with RZ's body or running around looking for the address. He would have no reason to go upstairs. Was the door facing the hallway opened or closed when LE arrived? Could that door have been shut and then the message painted? I absolutely agree that it is very peculiar. When you look at the message, it isn't a "determined attempt" to make a statement. It's disjointed and floundering. The grim determination that someone must have had to commit suicide in this fashion is blatantly absent in the message.

Always MOO

Since the killer(s) closed the balcony doors and turned off the light, perhaps they closed this door behind themselves when they were finished?

Has it been mentioned that KZ was quoted in the book? :)

It is me or in the "She saved him can you save her" word "can" looks more like "and"?
It's doesn't really changes a meaning - I agree with others that note is directed at Jonah. I think he knows he did it, and agreed to quick cover up out of guilt - Dina hated Rebecca and for whatever reasons didn't trust her, and after Maxie accident could rub it in Jonah's face "I told you so". Nothing could bring Rebecca or Maxie back, so from his standpoint he wanted everyone to move on. Just my opinion

It is me or in the "She saved him can you save her" word "can" looks more like "and"?
It's doesn't really changes a meaning - I agree with others that note is directed at Jonah. I think he knows he did it, and agreed to quick cover up out of guilt - Dina hated Rebecca and for whatever reasons didn't trust her, and after Maxie accident could rub it in Jonah's face "I told you so". Nothing could bring Rebecca or Maxie back, so from his standpoint he wanted everyone to move on. Just my opinion

Did you truly mean that you think Jonah "knows he did it?"

A quick (probably dumb) question: I don't have a smartphone and seldom use my cell phone -- and no, I'm not living in a cave somewhere...
When the battery goes dead, does the phone continue to receive calls and messages? Are these retrievable when the phone is recharged?
Also if someone calls your smartphone and you don't answer, will that call be registered so you get to see someone tried calling or texting? Thank you..

A quick (probably dumb) question: I don't have a smartphone and seldom use my cell phone -- and no, I'm not living in a cave somewhere...
When the battery goes dead, does the phone continue to receive calls and messages? Are these retrievable when the phone is recharged?
Also if someone calls your smartphone and you don't answer, will that call be registered so you get to see someone tried calling or texting? Thank you..

If your battery goes dead, the phone will continue to receive calls which will go to your voice mail. When the phone is recharged or plugged in, the vm can be retrieved............but these calls will not show up as "received" or "missed".

If your battery goes dead, the phone will continue to receive calls which will go to your voice mail. When the phone is recharged or plugged in, the vm can be retrieved............but these calls will not show up as "received" or "missed".

Thank IP - now, according to AR's book, JS said he tried calling RZ at 11:48PM the night she died, but IIRC he said she didn't answer the phone. So wouldn't that 11:48PM call show up on her phone as a missed call from his number?

But since it doesn't appear on her smartphone bill, it doesn't prove one way or another if he indeed trying calling, correct? She didn't pick up, so no charge to bill. But his attempt to call would appear on his phone, even if he wasn't successful in completing the call... hung up before VC was actived? IOW, it's only his word that JS tried calling RZ at 11:48PM that night. Please correct me if wrong.
Also according to AR book, her phone was found in the hanging room with a dead battery. If the battery was dead. am wondering how that affects the alleged pivotal 12:40AM VM, the supposed motive for her self murder?

Thank IP - now, according to AR's book, JS said he tried calling RZ at 11:48PM the night she died, but IIRC he said she didn't answer the phone. So wouldn't that 11:48PM call show up on her phone as a missed call from his number?

But since it doesn't appear on her smartphone bill, it doesn't prove one way or another if he indeed trying calling, correct? She didn't pick up, so no charge to bill. But his attempt to call would appear on his phone, even if he wasn't successful in completing the call... hung up before VC was actived? IOW, it's only his word that JS tried calling RZ at 11:48PM that night. Please correct me if wrong.
Also according to AR book, her phone was found in the hanging room with a dead battery. If the battery was dead. am wondering how that affects the alleged pivotal 12:40AM VM, the supposed motive for her self murder?

Well, at 11:48pm, her phone may have been turned off or the battery was dead.......either way, when it was plugged in/recharged, that phone call would not have shown up on the phone. If her phone was still "on" at the time of the call, then it would have been a "missed" call on her phone log. Usually, if your phone is off (dead battery or powered down normally), a call will immediately go to VM. In either case, there would be a record of the call on her bill. Even if you don't pick up, there is still a "charge" if you will, for the call for airtime.

During a hanging, the bowels release. It isn't pretty.
Rebecca was gorgeous. She took wonderful care of herself. She ate right, exercised, groomed herself well, etc. THERE IS NO WAY that she would have hung herself naked where ADAM could find her. She was not only in a humiliating, bound position, but she would have had feces and urine released as well.
God, this whole thing is so ugly. May the truth come out and the guilty party(s) pay. I'm so sorry you went through this, Rebecca. I am just so sorry.

Originally Posted by inthedark14 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8603229#post8603229"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
Does anyone know if that door was opened or closed when investigators came on to the scene. By all accounts AS was outside, with RZ's body or running around looking for the address. He would have no reason to go upstairs.

I think the claim was that the balcony door was closed. Lights were out. Can anyone verify that?

How/why did they close the balcony door with the rope in the way? :waitasec: It's possible there was space under the door, but makes no sense given a hanging rope, does it? And, the rope would have to be longer?

The whole "she saved him can you save her" is referring to RZ in the third person. Wouldn't this suggest to LE that someone other than RZ painted this on the door? Not too many people refer to themselves in the third person. I know it happens, but if this was not a habit she had, it would seem so obvious. Guess it's just another thing that SDSO chose to "overlook".

The whole "she saved him can you save her" is referring to RZ in the third person. Wouldn't this suggest to LE that someone other than RZ painted this on the door? Not too many people refer to themselves in the third person. I know it happens, but if this was not a habit she had, it would seem so obvious. Guess it's just another thing that SDSO chose to "overlook".

And, have you ever heard of a suicide not or final message to loved ones left in the third person?

I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on the logic behind choosing to show a photo of the door at the press conference, while also choosing to white out the content of the message. IMHO, it seems most logical to either exclude the photo from the presentation or leave it in with the content visible. Anybody have thoughts on this?

I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on the logic behind choosing to show a photo of the door at the press conference, while also choosing to white out the content of the message. IMHO, it seems most logical to either exclude the photo from the presentation or leave it in with the content visible. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Zinn, good question considering there was little logic involved throughout the entire investigation. My guess is: the door was seen/filmed by media being carried out of the mansion as evidence. In SDSO's warped mind (IMO), to avoid red flags as to why a door was removed, they had to show a door. The message was too explosive and didn't fit into their suicide meme. Thus show door. Paint over message. Quickly return door to owner of the mansion. Allow door owner to paint over entire door (or toss it and replace), thus destroy extremely important evidence. "Hey, we didn't destroy the evidence. The owner did. It was a suicide, so who needs evidence!"... My 2 cents worth.

IMO, She (Rebecca) Saved Him (Jonah) from a terrible marriage,
Can You (Jonah) Save Her (Rebecca) from me/us (the murderer(s))?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UncleGrump