Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, Melius said that he and his supporters are offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to and arrest in the case. That is is quadruple the $25,000 that Crime Stoppers is offering for tips in the Long Island Serial Killer probe—an amount that authorities have said was the biggest in county history.

Why is LISK case mentioned? Is Melius case and LISK related in some way?

Uhhh, so this means there isn't going to be public record of all of the evidence against him that will come to light in a trial, is that correct?

Nothing to see here, move along.

"Federal prosecutors offered a plea deal to Burke earlier this month. Burke is not cooperating in any other people under the planned deal, sources say."

And no mention of the "*advertiser censored*" material, which MSM already transformed into "adult *advertiser censored*", like there could be any other way ;)

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suffolk-police-chief-arrested-alleged-assault-article-1.2460203

I'm always amazed how dumb we are mainstream media thinks.

Im not so sure the US Attorneys office offered Burke a deal without getting something in return. Quid pro quo. He had to much to lose. Wouldn't they take advantage of that?

Ah so Burke will only serve approx. 50 mos?? I think I Just heard that.

Considering what he plead guilty to I think it is a fair sentence. Now this is coming from a guy that would be overjoyed if he spent the rest of his miserable life in prison.

The FEDS confined themselves with only what they could prove with a minimum of effort. Beating up Loeb never bothered me too much because the dummy deserved a beating. Any cop that is honest with you would tell you the same thing. Any other cop with a decent reputation would have probably survived. But this jerk dug his own grave. I always said that one day he would. I also said that one day he would bring down Spota. The cops made Spota, and it is the cops that are going to bring him down. Sheer arrogance brought the house of cards down. Any of you folks that read my stuff on this board and other boards would know I have been saying this for a very long time now.

"Sergeant Burke claimed that during the time he
was seeing Lowrita, he had no knowledge of her criminal
past; her addiction to crack; her prostitution; her
involvement in drug possession, drug sales, or larceny
(all of which was occurring in the First Precinct
contemporaneously with their relationship). It is
his position that when he began to hear rumors about
Lowrita from "street people," he terminated the
relationship.
https://archive.org/stream/808182-e...-excerpts-from-1995-internal-affairs_djvu.txt

If the UID Jane Doe's were from Long Island and were sex workers it seems like Suffolk or Nassau Vice squad or patrolmen might know them from the pictures. Dormer said they think Jane Doe 2000 is a sex worker from New York City, I guess he said this because of Jessica Taylor but wonder if anything else makes him say this.

For many years, Sergeant Burke's reputation has been that
of an extraordinary street cop. His personnel jacket is replete
with accolades to his "knowledge of the criminal element in his
patrol area (Attachment #23). In more than one Application for
Transfer (Attachment #24), Sergeant Burke has echoed that
opinion; "I have a vast working knowledge of local street people
and have developed a rapport with them.."

JT was arrested in Manhattan for prostitution right? I wonder if they looked through all the prostitution arrests from like 2000 to 2005 if any of the Jane Doe's have a record and they might find a mugshot that matches the sketches

This case is like a James Patterson novel only darker and with real victims and grieving families. You could not write a more twisted plot. Prostitution, drugs, *advertiser censored*, corrupt police and DA, a serial killer and the victims, the creepy doctor, the gated beach community, the strange John, the aquarium owner's suicide, dismembered bodies and so much more. I so hope this case gets solved in my lifetime.

Funny you mention Patterson since one news report mentions his book Beach Road being found near the ditch behind the golden key.

Beating up Loeb never bothered me too much because the dummy deserved a beating. Any cop that is honest with you would tell you the same thing. Any other cop with a decent reputation would have probably survived.

See now, this is why so many people don't trust/like cops IMO.

I was gonna say the same thing. And as much as I hate cops 5 years for beating someone up is a really harsh punishment. The justice system is ****ed

You may not like it but you should try to understand it. Giving the kid a shot is not a big deal. Going out of your way in doing it is another matter. There was a time in the NYPD that if you brought a guy in that assaulted you then you better bring him in feet first. If you didn't you were told by a very angry desk officer to do it again. It wasn't so much concerned with the instant matter it had more to do with protecting the next cop that had to deal with him.. What happened here was way beyond acceptable behavior.

I was gonna say the same thing. And as much as I hate cops 5 years for beating someone up is a really harsh punishment. The justice system is ****ed
He got five years for what he did to Loeb and the coverup that followed.

Theres no truth in sentencing. Does anyone know how much time Burke will actually do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo