Federal Investigation of Suffolk County Police Chief

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this fellow has substantiated charges of engaging with a long time prostitute. He is now in charge of the LISK investigation. What has now happened is a new chief of detectives has been appointed who still works under Burke. That Chief of Dets replaced Burke when he left Spota's office. He is now the chief of detectives. These folks try to leave nothing to chance. All the Good Ole Boys are in placing sitting on the wall with Humpty "Spota" Dumpty.

Hopefully this will be the start of pulling the rug out of under a dirty investigation and there will be real answers for the victims' families.

If one is not subscribed to Newsday (local paper) or Optimum cable tv, the article cannot be accessed.

Here's a couple clips:

Originally published: October 19, 2013 12:27 AM
Updated: October 19, 2013 8:07 PM
By TANIA LOPEZ**tania.lopez@newsday.com

Suffolk Chief of Department James Burke, as a sergeant in the First Precinct 20 years ago, twice lost his police-issued service weapon at the same time that he carried on a sexual relationship with a woman who had a criminal record, according to a police internal affairs report.The March 1995 report, written by then-Sgt. Vincent Posillico and approved by then-Capt. Edward Vitale, charged that Burke could not find his handgun two times in the fall of 1993 -- once when he let the felon, Lowrita Rickenbacker, take his personal car to her Wyandanch home with his handgun lying on the backseat.The report said Burke engaged in a personal relationship with Rickenbacker, "a convicted felon known to be actively engaged in criminal conduct including the possession and sale of illegal drugs, prostitution and larceny."

--------------------

Originally published: July 20, 2013 6:23 PM
Updated: July 20, 2013 10:00 PM
By TANIA LOPEZ**tania.lopez@newsday.com

A search of the home of a Smithtown man accused of breaking into Suffolk Police Chief of Department James Burke's vehicle was approved a day before the suspected break-in, law enforcement records show.The Suffolk County probation department search, which records say was to look for narcotics and/or weapons, was given the go-ahead on Dec. 13, 2012.On Dec. 14 around 12:30 a.m., according to a police arrest report and court records, Christopher Loeb and an accomplice broke into Burke's department-issued GMC Yukon and took a duffel bag containing his gun belt, ammunition, cigars and other items. Loeb was on probation for an April 2012 grand larceny conviction.

Sometime after 10 a.m., Loeb and Gabriel Miguelez were arrested during the search of Loeb's home, according to the arrest report and law enforcement records. The items taken from Burke's vehicle were found in the home, records state.

Law enforcement sources said an operational plan that would outline the specific reasons for the search must be submitted and approved by a supervisor before probation officers could conduct a search. In addition, a thorough search of someone's premises would require a judge to issue a search order. Federal officials have subpoenaed that operational plan, which would include a judge's search order, the sources said.

Law enforcement documents place Burke at Loeb's home during the search and arrest. Burke's bag and gun belt were found in the home's basement, records show.Suffolk County rules and procedures say police supervisors and top brass should not participate in routine matters and should allow subordinates to carry out those functions.Jane Loeb said her son ran out the back door when the first officers arrived. She said the officers chased and caught him.By noon, Loeb said, there were 10 police officers at her house."It was a mess," she said. "They tore everything looking for stuff. At the end of all this, one police officer had a plastic bag . . . and then they went down to the basement. And they were looking and looking. They knew what they were looking for, it was so strange."

I think that's about all I can get in without violating copyright rules. It's a long article, but that's basically the gist of it.

you guys have only heard a smidgen of what there is about this guy.

Here's a couple clips:

--------------------

I think that's about all I can get in without violating copyright rules. It's a long article, but that's basically the gist of it.

I wonder who the detectives were on the grand larceny charge April 2012. Grand larceny to stealing a duffle bag that just so happens to belong to Burke who just so happens to find it in the accused's basement with a search allowed the day before the actual theft occurred? For a bunch of police officers (now involved in an FBI investigation because of this case), their planning and execution of a crime/cover-up is terrible!

The bond for the accused is also insane- it doesn't make logical sense! $500,000 for basically possession of stolen property. I would bet his bond for grand larceny was less.

One gem, that popped up in one of those articles was a mention of JB's partner going with him to retrieve his gun from his "girlfriend." What is most notable about all of these articles is the lack of names associated with titles. I would like to know, for example, the name of the cop that "resigned," due to this search for Burke's gun. He is another cop to resign after twenty-plus years...Then, I would like to know the names of the long time cop who hung himself instead of resigning...How are these guys related to Burke...were either of them his former partners?

One gem, that popped up in one of those articles was a mention of JB's partner going with him to retrieve his gun from his "girlfriend." What is most notable about all of these articles is the lack of names associated with titles. I would like to know, for example, the name of the cop that "resigned," due to this search for Burke's gun. He is another cop to resign after twenty-plus years...Then, I would like to know the names of the long time cop who hung himself instead of resigning...How are these guys related to Burke...were either of them his former partners?
If your referring to the cop who hanged himself in the Bellmore Park back in 2012 then I am pretty certain he was a Nassau County Police officer. I could be wrong though.

Here's a couple clips:

--------------------

Since Burke is being investigated the the 3 letters.....team.

wouldn't they subpoena Richenbacker? She could tell them a wealth of information on him......(allegedly)

Come on, you guys! Who among us hasn't left their handgun laying in the back seat of their car while they lent it to their criminal girlfriend who was mixed up in prostitution, drug dealing and larceny, only to find it missing? Geez, you guys are pretty judgmental.

wouldn't they subpoena Richenbacker? She could tell them a wealth of information on him......(allegedly)

In the first article I posted the quote from, there was a lot of info that Rickenbacher had given on Burke. She was questioned extensively, and based on her concern for Burke, they determined she was being truthful. The article's author couldn't determine if there were any consequences for Burke.

Come on, you guys! Who among us hasn't left their handgun laying in the back seat of their car while they lent it to their criminal girlfriend who was mixed up in prostitution, drug dealing and larceny, only to find it missing? Geez, you guys are pretty judgmental.
Interesting that you should bring this up ... if a simple civilian with a pistol permit had done this he/she would have had their permit permanently revoked, their pistols seized, and I wouldent be surprised if a jail visit was also included.

Twenty years later and after "losing" his weapon a second time Chief Jimmy still gets to carry ... the double standard makes me :banghead:

Interesting that you should bring this up ... if a simple civilian with a pistol permit had done this he/she would have had their permit permanently revoked, their pistols seized, and I wouldent be surprised if a jail visit was also included.

Twenty years later and after "losing" his weapon a second time Chief Jimmy still gets to carry ... the double standard makes me :banghead:

Iirc, this latest case is the 3rd documented time that he has reportedly lost his gun.
The time with the "girlfriend," driving away with it, was the second time. Before that he "misplaced" it and later found it in his basement. But, before finding it he drove to same gf's house and accused her of taking the gun.

they really don't have to subpoena her because she is in a nys prison. I think she would be happy to have a day out of prison.

maybe now that she is in prison Jimmy can pick up the bill for the kid.

Being in prison might not be so bad for Lowrita. The last time she was in prison she sucked the Suffolk County taxpayer out of $85,000.00 from a lawsuit that charged a doctor's aide of sexually abusing her. Jim, hold on to your wallet because it looks like Low is in for another big payday.

She is currently housed in Bedford, NY.

It's just a stone's throw from Long Island, she didn't go far from home at all.

Attachments

• taconic.jpg
    taconic.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 28
JUST K & OTHERS. It is still very unclear if there was a gun in the holster. From everything that I have heard from people inquiring into this situation the focus is on <modsnip> *advertiser censored*. The media won't print it until they get something more substantial. A gun would be the lesser of the two evils.

The Newsday IAB Report, I suspect is a dressed up version of how the guns were really lost.

The ONLY two versions I heard about are:

1. He was drunk and had sex in his radio car with a hooker. He passes out and she cuffs him and takes his gun to the local precinct for safekeeping.

2. The other incident is he was drunk while leaving a hooker's house and realized he left his gun behind. She wouldn't open the door fro him. The question is why wouldn't she let him back in? He kicks the door in and holds her hostage. That constitutes burglary, unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, and several other crimes. The police are called and the all goes quiet. He did get charged, not criminally, but by the PD.

The latest rumor we are trying to track down is he went into Brooklyn and got caught in an NYPD prostitution sting. Spota calls Hynes and everything goes away. This would place Burke much closer to this sort of misbehavior, call it a crime, because it will get you on the sex register if you are caught soliciting a hooker. It is closer because Spota needed to be a DA to make such a call to another DA to let a cop off the hook for soliciting a prostitute. No one is talking.

It has come to my attention that certain people in Suffolk - cops, politicians, businessmen, etc., have made it a practice to bring in a gaggle of hookers and strippers to their sex orgies. Fire Island is one of their favorite locations. Oak Beach is not far away.

Putting this together with the recent story in the papers, and knowing other unverified accounts of what some of them do you might now begin to understand why I have concentrated on the GB4 and SG murders as being protected from those that might suffer the greatest harm if what I think is the truth is revealed.

As an avid gun owner I will say this. When I have a weapon in my car I am super super sure it never leaves my eye, unless it gets Put in the trunk. When I get to my destination it comes with me. If it stays in my car at said destination, then my car is always in my line of sight. The second scenario hardly happens tho (say if I stop off at a711 for a water or something). When I get to my home, it comes inside with me (I don't know any gun owner who leaves a firearm in te car overnight) for a cleaning and a "check". It is then secured so I can sleep. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing one of my firearms is unsecured. They are not toys. It's not like leaving a lighter in your car. I would need some real expensive therapy if my gun was stolen and used to murder someone and I could have prevented it by fulfilling my responsibilities as a gun owner.

If you can't Handle the responsibility then don't own one. That simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx