Federal Investigation of Suffolk County Police Chief

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing about the theft from his SUV is Jimmy knows he lives in a nest of This goes back to when he was in knickers. One guy that lived four doors from him was a big time burglar that targeted homes owned by police officers. On Christmas Day, 2002, his neighbor went to Gregg Lane, Coram and stole three guns from the home of an MTA cop. When those azzh found out they never bothered to tell the cop who set it up - his next door neighbor, or one of Burke's neighbor's burglary crew.

Jim should have known better. He lives in a very dangerous neighborhood infested with thieves.

I can't believe hawk did not inform the discussion board... I hope everything gets straightened out with the scpd chief. Was Burke in charge of this investigation?.....lets just say he shouldn't have been. It would be like a bookie investigating an illegal gambling operation if that was the case. How could someone who pals around with a prostitute then investigate another case related to it. Seems like it would be impeded by fear of your

I have been informing you folks about this Joker posing as a cop for more than a year now. I have informed the Board about this fellow and suggested this story tends to connect Burke to Gilgo. TENDS being the operative word.

By virtue of his rank he IS in charge of the investigation!

When Burke left Spota's office to be anointed Chief of Department he was replaced by another 'rising star' called Madigan. In a year of so Madigan shot up from LT to Chief of Detectives. Spota is taking no chances. They even brought those detectives back that were kicked out of Homicide after the Lucero case. Again, taking no chances.

SPOTA TAKING NO CHANCES. Back in the day that Tom Dewey was the Manhattan DA he asked the PD for detectives to be assigned to his office to investigate the cases that came through the office. As a safety gap Dewey hired on his own investigators that worked independently of the police detectives, if necessary. That concept has continued to this day in all DA offices of substance.

The police detectives never completely trusted their counterparts in the civilian arm of the office. The feeling was mutual. Most times they got along fine.

When Bog Creighton left the office, Spota gave Burke '2 hats' to wear : the hat of the commanding officer of his SCPD detective squad, and the hat of the Chief Investigator of his own personnel. Spota was taking NO chances someone going off the reservation.

The conflicts are staring in your face!!! This is just not supposed to happen in a reputable prosecutor's office. But we know Suffolk doesn't have a reputable DA office for decades.

I can't believe hawk did not inform the discussion board... I hope everything gets straightened out with the scpd chief. Was Burke in charge of this investigation?.....lets just say he shouldn't have been. It would be like a bookie investigating an illegal gambling operation if that was the case. How could someone who pals around with a prostitute then investigate another case related to it. Seems like it would be impeded by fear of your

Hawkshaw has posted little over 700 posts and would guess 50% of them has INDEED been info about corruption etc etc etc by thise suspect SCPD guys in question.
I don´t know how you missed that LINative13?

Hawkshaw has posted little over 700 posts and would guess 50% of them has INDEED been info about corruption etc etc etc by thise suspect SCPD guys in question.
I don´t know how you missed that LINative13?

THANX for stating the obvious ! In fact the vast majority of my theory about this case has ALWAYS revolved around the corruption issue as to why it hasn't been solved.

I have hesitated to come right out and say this guy Burke might have a part in the murders simply because the odds are against it.

But when you read in the papers what he has alleged to have done and make a reasonable extrapolation of that then you have to wonder if there isn't more to it than meets the eye?

I did homicides in the last 10 years. No Sherlock Holmes was I . What I think I can tell you is Burke would be a very viable suspect until such time I could eliminate him.

THANX for stating the obvious ! In fact the vast majority of my theory about this case has ALWAYS revolved around the corruption issue as to why it hasn't been solved.

I have hesitated to come right out and say this guy Burke might have a part in the murders simply because the odds are against it.

you are the first person i thought of when i was reading these articles on news12. i admire the conviction you have.

Look, my last 10 years of my 29 year career in the NYPD I was assigned to Queens Homicide.. I didn't get there because I had experience in the art of crime fighting as it related to street crime, I got there because I had what they call in the NYPD a 'Hook" In my case I had a 'crane.' That was not lost on Mssrs Spota and Dormer when they told a veteran newsman: what does he ( me) know all I was a chauffer for a DA. They failed to mention the other 19 years I had in the PD.

I got to my new command a bit intimidated when I realized what had done. I entered the hallowed halls of what McCready called the crème da crème of the PD. It wasn't long before I realized you didn't have to be a Sherlock Holmes to do your job. That is not to say my new colleagues were less than admirable and qualified. Most of them were pretty good at what they did.

Even if I was in a vegetative state for my 10 years I would have learned something, if only through osmosis.

The bigger the case the more the chances it will be screwed up. Giant Egos will always get involved. When the NYC Zodiac case began all the usual suspects clamored to get assigned.

I was assigned at the very initial stages of the investigation. Within days of the shooting of a 78 year old man Joseph Proce I learned that the shooter was a young, slender Hispanic male with a thin moustache. I was thunderstruck when he told me that from his hospital bed at Jamaica Hospital. The detective that I accompanied had the case with his unit - Crimes Against Senior Citizens. Had Mr Proce died from his wounds the case would have gone to the local precinct with Homicide assisting. Senior Citizens wanted to keep it. It was that office that presented a sketch of a black man as the possible shooter. It was nonsense. I got that information on a Friday by a perfectly lucid man. He knew what the shooter looked like because the shooter spoke to him and asked him if he could go inside with the victim to get a glass of water. The Powers that be would hear nothing about what I knew.

That Sunday while I was at another hospital with my partner and a sketch artist to get a sketch from another victim. That would turn out to be a picture of the black man. I left the room in disgust and tried to catch a few winks in the waiting room. I was awakened by my EGO filled partner who told me Proce just died in the hospital from a massive heart attack. My witness was gone and I was gone because I knew the investigation was going to be an EGO filled investigation.

That case would lead to more than 100 detectives working non stop for many months. There were so many detectives that the case had to be moved to the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

For me the problem with this case has never been about the quality of the detectives, it has always been about the higher ups that control the case.

You have already seen some strange things with this case. Shall I repeat them? IT STINKS!

Now you must know that the Chief of Department James Burke is under investigation for a civil rights violation that simply doesn't make any sense.

You also know that IAB did an investigation of Burke having sex with a known prostitute and drug addict while on patrol in his police car. She also has 27 felony arrests and is currently in jail for forgery.

If you have been following the story and reading between the lines you might come to the conclusion that the civil rights violation stems from a very angry Chief that had <modsnip> *advertiser censored* taken from his car.

This person is as close to Spota as two dogs in heat. By virtue of his rank HE runs the investigation. To close down all other possible distractions they promote Burke's replacement at the DA office to Chief of Detective, or a rank jump from Lt to Lt.General in military terms and do so in a little more than one year. ALL the bases are covered.

Let's not get too specific until more is known.

...a Smithtown man denied he invented a tale about getting punched in the head by Suffolk's top uniformed police official and finding "disgusting *advertiser censored*" in the top cop's duffel bag.
During questioning by Crusco, Loeb refused to say what kind of *advertiser censored* it was because "there were threats made to my family and myself."
https://www.newsday.com/long-island...d-about-top-suffolk-cop-james-burke-1.6400274

Those are quotes straight from the courthouse. Don't you know enough by now?

This cop was part of an IAB investigation and said the charges of having sex in a police car with a known prostitute/drug addict/felon was substantiated !

He engaged in sex with a felon and he said, gee, I didn't know that. This guy is running the investigation of Gilgo. For GOD'S sake what do you need a videotape?

Those are quotes straight from the courthouse. Don't you know enough by now?

This cop was part of an IAB investigation and said the charges of having sex in a police car with a known prostitute/drug addict/felon was substantiated !

He engaged in sex with a felon and he said, gee, I didn't know that. This guy is running the investigation of Gilgo. For GOD'S sake what do you need a videotape?
Chill out, Hawk. My post addressed the *advertiser censored* allegations, and which type of *advertiser censored* was found. That part has not been substantiated. The witness specified only "disgusting" and "nasty" *advertiser censored*.

REMEMBER BESSIE THAT I KNOW WHAT HE DID TO MY SON IN LAW! I know that beyond ANY doubt ! I could prove that to a moron if I had to. You can only imagine how stupid, or even compromised some of those jurors were when they convicted him.

That guy is a freaking criminal of the highest order. I have more respect for a Gotti, or a guy that sticks up banks.

The FBI gets thousands of police brutality complaints each year. How many do you think they investigate? Why this one? Do you really think it is about a relatively minor beating where the victim didn't even have to go to a hospital. or do you think it is about something else.

Why do you think the FBI has taken over this case? Do you think the kid or his parents complained? Wake up because it came from within the SCPD, not the public.

I will tell you one thing is if I was in charge of the GB4/SG investigation this guy would be on the top of my list until I could rule him out as a suspect. I will go out on the limb, if he didn't do at least one of them his path has crossed the people that did.

Chill out, Hawk. My post addressed the *advertiser censored* allegations, and which type of *advertiser censored* was found. That part has not been substantiated. The witness specified only "disgusting" *advertiser censored*.

You are a big girl and a pretty smart one at that. *advertiser censored* is *advertiser censored*. Some of us would say any *advertiser censored* is disgusting. Truth is if you really want to get picky all *advertiser censored* is disgusting because the woman is always degraded. But I am no Billy Graham, and yes, I look at *advertiser censored* when the mood suits me, which is not often.

This Loeb kid is a drug addict/thief. What do you think his standards are when he judges *advertiser censored* to be disgusting?

The only thing that can be disgusting other than kiddie *advertiser censored* it to show sex with animals. That is not a crime to possess, but it should be.

Chill out! I have been steaming for 8 Years trying to put this animal away where he belongs. I always knew this day would come because I know what he is.

You're preaching to the choir, Hawk. I've paid attention to you since you first started posting, and I've researched to the hilt. I'm tickled pink to see this all coming to light.

And yeah, I can read between the lines, so I'll forego the videotape, thank you very much. :) But...we have to stay within the boundaries.

OK, that's good enough for me. I am a 'guest' in your house and will take my shoes off, even if I have holes in my socks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member