Federal Investigation of Suffolk County Police Chief

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective that led the Loeb "Investigation" filed papers for retirement : effective 7/31. I guess we will have to wait to see if any bombs explode to comment further.

The point is if this investigation can be tainted by a reckless SCPD ranking officer than what can be expected in the Gilgo Beach case?

Gilgo is sex related and there is a question if the Loeb case is sex related.

I am glad you liked it, F&E. It was quite a long post. Ghattas while giving statements to detectives and the DA/Burke in September of 2003 NEVER once mentions the SCPD cop as being part of the burglary gang he drove for. David Cipkin was also interviewed in a prison in October, 03 and never mentioned he did any burglaries with a cop. His memory was 'refreshed' when he was brought down to the DA office in March, 2004.

The letter is linked somewhere on this Board. I will try to find it and link it.

PETER GHATTAS. This is such a fantastic story that even I have a hard time putting it down. While starting this post something just occurred to me that I didn’t see before, and I have been doing this for 8 years.
Ghattas was pretty much the driver for the crime crew of Joe Careccia. Peter had an older Lincoln automobile. He pretty much took them to and fro from the targets. He acted as a look-out while he was there. Most of the folks I talked to said they thought he was a pretty nice guy. He had a full-time job at a Coram Chevy dealer.
In Mid-August, 2003, he is picked up by SCPD detectives. He will give them multiple statements on the crime crew, what jobs they did and who was present. Joe Careccia appeared to be the leader of the gang of a dozen or so misfits that alternated on heists.
It has been said that Careccia, Eddie Wright, Peter, and others shared a good looking gal with each other. She is believed to be the sister of a lawyer in the SCDA office. We have a document that Careccia gave to the detectives that he hid his swag in her apartment and gave her some of the jewelry. We would hear later that a certain ranking police official started sniffing around her at the bars and restaurant she worked at. All one big happy family.
Well, Peter concludes his business with the detectives and it is now time to take him to the DA office to sign up as a witness against this crime crew. They bring him there on 9/3/03, and he is murdered outside of Rob’s Pro Tow on 9/24/03.
Now these thugs he was talking about are some very dangerous people. Eddie Wright, a big drug dealer and a illegal weapons distributer, and probably a contract killer is doing 40+ years in a federal prison. Eddie got 40+ years after he pled out. If he went to trial and was convicted he probably would have got 140 years, if not the death penalty if the FEDS could connect him to a RICO Drug murder(s).
The DA’s office just let Peter go on his own way and presumably without any kind of protection. I think they may not have even told him ‘be careful.’
According to my information, and I believe it to be highly reliable that Rob’s was the center of a large cocaine distribution ring. That it was owned and operated by Robert S., Careccia, and Wright were partners. They were selling drugs out of that place from around 1998 until the time when Ghattas gets murdered.
The story went out that everybody knew Ghattas was talking to the cops and the DA. Ghattas was telling anyone that would listen. He just told his criminal friends he wasn’t talking about them. Is Ghattas blabbing about this on every street corner that got him killed, or did someone tell someone they knew that you better shut this guy up?
At the SIL trial in 2006, Det.Stephan’s partner was asked by the defense counsel if he thought Careccia was a good suspect. The detective, now a sergeant said, “I would say he IS a good suspect.”. Not WAS, but IS. Three years later Careccia was still a suspect in at least one detective’s eyes, and he certainly remained a suspect in my eyes. Better yet, Careccia remains a suspect in the district attorney’s eyes because when they drew up the agreement it didn’t cover the murders of Ghattas and another fellow called Ronmarine. Not investigating the murder is just as good, or almost as good as immunity.
The problem with charging, or even investigating Careccia for the murders is because he is a certified informer. If he is ‘inconvenienced’ with a murder investigation it would disturb his mortgage and bank fraud business in Boca Raton. Placing Careccia in witness protection or as a material witness in a holding facility would make it very difficult for him to run his operation out of a cell. There was also the possibility someone would be able to talk to him. So they put him in area hotels and motels for almost one year. He had room and board on the taxpayer’s dime.
If I ran that murder investigation I would have made a bee-line to Careccia’s door and ask him if his neighbor Jimmy Burke tell you that Peter Ghattas was ratting him out. If Careccia needs an out and he thinks he could get some relief by giving up a corrupt cop, guess who is living only a few short doors away from him?
The homicide detectives are sure going to want to know why one of their top suspects is not going to jail for the many crimes he admitted to – 38 Violent crimes, including a stick-up, two home invasions with torture and injury, and throw in arson for hire of an occupied building. But to let a guy go on a murder when another murder is involved is going to raise a lot of eyebrows. What better way to explain that than to lock up a cop?
I am sure Careccia had a small stable of crooked cops to give up and would have given them up if he had to. Better to pick an honest cop because an honest cop knows very little about crooked cops, therefore, he can’t bring anyone else down with him.
SCPD has been well known to avoid arresting crooked cops if they can possibly avoid it. Why arrest the SIL for a crime committed 5 years in the past and he was retired. Why bring scandal to the Department if they didn’t have to? Even if he was guilty it was better to leave it alone and forget it. But IAB didn’t have a choice because the DA/Burke NEVER told IAB and the police commissioner they were investigating one of their own for very serious crimes. They didn’t tell IAB because they didn’t want another agency meddling in their dirty work and expose them for the criminals that they are. Instead, the SIL went free with a ¾ tax free pension on 3/15/04, or after Careccia told them 4 months earlier (11/13/03) the SIL was part of a stick-up of Strathmore Bagels, and whatever else Careccia told them ( he would tell them the SIL did at least 8 burglaries with them) and let him retire, take his guns with him, and send him a ‘good guy’ letter thanking him for his loyal and dedicated service to the People of Suffolk County.
One reason they didn’t tell IAB was because they had not yet decided if they needed to frame him. They never bothered to check where the SIL was on the day of the Strathmore robbery because they believed if they charged him he couldn’t prove where he was 5 years earlier. That lie stood for 8 months, or until, at least July 2, 2004 when Careccia pled out to Judge Hudson that my son in law was at the armed robbery acting as a look-out and using a stolen police radio to warn them if the cops were coming while they were robbing an innocent man and put a gun in his mouth threatening to blow his brains out if he didn’t open the safe. That lie was allowed to stand until they finally got their act together and procured his credit card records ( first without a warrant on a phone call to Citibank) and then a subpoena, absent the time he would be found to have been in Europe, spending money and taking money out of ATM machines.
The bottom line, Fred and Edna, and All The Ships at Sea, can you really trust this police department, specifically those assigned to Spota to undertake a fair and open investigation of the Gilgo Beach murders. Can you trust the investigation to the same man who led the frame job against my SIL, who is now the Chief of Department, the top uniformed officer in the PD to undertake such a vital investigation when he is now being investigated by the FBI for what now only appears to be a civil rights investigation? Do you really believe the FBI is investigating Burke for a civil rights investigation, or is it something else far more grievous that has been published in the papers and TV?

I wouldn't trust this guy to take my garbage out, let alone a murder case where 10 people were found dead

I think Hawk gave this to me to listen to about Schoolcraft.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/414/right-to-remain-silent

wow - when the cops went to Schoolcraft's home to illegally arrest him
oh my god.

that was really really upsetting to listen to it.

That 81st precinct chief....wow. scary - very scary. Deputy Chief Michael Morino - Brooklyn.

Schoolcraft sued the NYPD for $50 million.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/serpico-assist-whistleblower-suing-nypd-50m-article-1.1255305

The FBI can pretty much do as they please. Take the RICO Act, for instance. Most of those crimes they prosecute under RICO are state based crimes. They can pretty much make a case to investigate.

The Gang problems are really local, or very much locale to a relatively small geographic area. The FBI has a decent portion of their Agents working on such cases.

Do you realize that in the case I am talking about, i.e. the alleged beating of a young man who stole a duffel bag out of Chief Burke's car there was NO investigation concerning that incident.

Spota thought he was very clever and passed the theft case over to the Queens DA to act as a special prosecutor. The Queens DA appears t to be only concerned with the theft, not the beating.

The fellow that allegedly stole the bag had a 1/2 Million $ bail placed on him when it should have been no more than 10K. The lights and sirens started going off with that one. These people are so stupid and arrogant they wouldn't be caught they did the obscene and the ridiculous by having the thief placed in such high bail. What does that tell you about the judge and the whole system out there that allowed this to happen?

You should also realize the suspect never made a complaint to anyone about his beating at the hands of Burke. Use your head and tell me where that information came from.

You should also realize in the case where the cab driver got shot in SC by an off-duty NCPD cop the SC detectives did what some people believe were highly unusual. There does not appear to be a SCPD IAB investigation of possible wrongdoing by the SCPD. Why do you think this is so?

NCPD had no problem investigating the actions of their two officers. In fact they issued a highly damaging report of their two officers. NCPD is dealing with their problems. What is SCPD doing about their problem?

The cabbie was in the hospital under pain medication. SCPD 'took' a statement from him. It tended to exonerate the NCPD cops. The cabbie's godmother went to the hospital to give assistance to her godson. At the time she was an ADA in the NCDA office. The SCPD detectives refused to let her see her godson. Now she is a Deputy PC for SCPD. Isn't amazing how things work out for some people. And what is it she exactly does for the SCPD.

IAB in SC is a JOKE.

This is so nuts.

Jaws must be dropping at the increasing number of ongoing investigations across Long Island.

In Suffolk, the district attorney's office carted away boxes of business records and computer hard drives from a Huntington firm with almost $70 million in Sandy-removal contracts in Nassau County.

Suffolk's district attorney also is looking to impanel a grand jury, sources have told Newsday, to look into what a police internal affairs report determined was an unjustified beating and shooting of an unarmed cabdriver by an off-duty Nassau police officer in 2011.

http://www.newsday.com/columnists/joye-brown/culture-of-cover-up-how-deep-is-it-1.5682669

The INTERNAL AFFAIRS report is that of NCPD, not SCPD. Mr.Spota will have NO problem indicting the 2 NCPD cops, but his precious SCPD detectives will get a pass.

The Grand Jury LOL, should inquire as to how the cabbie's Godmother got a job with the SCPD.

I don't think Mr.Spota will open such a grand jury with the usual pep talk. The word is he has been 'ill' for a while and is indisposed. Word his he has a serious bout of a new disease called "Jimitis"

I tell ya, if you steal from a police chief's car in most towns and cities, you're going to be worked over pretty good. I'm not saying the guy deserved a beating necessarily, but considering who he decided to steal from his self-preservation skills are lacking.

Looking forward to hearing what these "worse crimes" are.

Clem and Mimi. Look, I am a realist as I was a NYPD cop for 29 years. I was on a case where a FDNY EMT caught a guy in his car trying to steal it. The EMT tuned the guy up and the PD wanted to arrest the EMT for giving the thief a work-over. I have no problem with a little pat on the head.

A very big problem with this case is Probation had already been trying to get a sign off on going into this guys house the DAY before the theft even occurred.

The thief was in court on 12/7 and 4 times before that for a probation charge. Each time the Judge let the guy go on bail. So why was Probation trying to go in and do an extensive search of his home when all they could have done was knock on his door. Why didn't the judge remand him for violations when he had him in the court?

Probation can pretty much go to a probationer's home any time they like to do an inspection. Going in and ransacking your home requires a search warrant. There is no evidence a warrant was issued.

The MUCH rumored real reason why this case got so much attention is because there allegedly Child *advertiser censored* in the duffel bag. Why else do you think the FBI took the suspect out of Riverhead Jail on 1/2M bail and put him in a federal lock-up as a material witness?

I tell ya, if you steal from a police chief's car in most towns and cities, you're going to be worked over pretty good. I'm not saying the guy deserved a beating necessarily, but considering who he decided to steal from his self-preservation skills are lacking.

Looking forward to hearing what these "worse crimes" are.

Ditto for Burke. He has alot more to lose.

The SOB made sure once he was made Chief he brought back all those Good Ole Boys that were removed after they refused to show up for the Lucero Homicide.

They went one step further and made another Spota Goon high up on the food chain to investigate this case.

The SOB made sure once he was made Chief he brought back all those Good Ole Boys that were removed after they refused to show up for the Lucero Homicide.

They went one step further and made another Spota Goon high up on the food chain to investigate this case.

Is that why there's been no word on this investigation? Or is there a chance there was no basis for your allegations?

There is always a chance I am POUNDING SAND. BUT the facts as I believe I know them are: At least 2 supervisors, one a C.O./LT and the other a Sergeant were transferred out of homicide as the result of their detectives willfully not showing up for the Lucero murder. They were protesting the loss of 2hours OT, one a night, per detective to guarantee to pick up the phone should a murder come in. Several detectives were also transferred out.

Right after Burke became Chief of the Department all was well again in SCPD La La Land. The Old Boys were brought back.

Now when Burke left the DA office to become the Big Chief, Spota needed someone to replace him. He does just that with a guy that is now the Chief of Detectives. The fellow does a short stint in Spota's office and in just about a year he is promoted to Chief. In military ranking terms this guy went from 1st LT to LT General in the space of maybe one year or so.

Burke is now under investigation by the FBI. We can only wait to see what becomes of that.

You folks should read Sunday's Newsday and you might begin to understand what I have been talking about over the past year.

You folks should read Sunday's Newsday and you might begin to understand what I have been talking about over the past year.
As we of the Black and Gold persuasion often say:

:woot: Deh it is!

(Sorry. I've got bye week blues.)

Thanks for the links JustK.

Remember this fellow has substantiated charges of engaging with a long time prostitute. He is now in charge of the LISK investigation. What has now happened is a new chief of detectives has been appointed who still works under Burke. That Chief of Dets replaced Burke when he left Spota's office. He is now the chief of detectives. These folks try to leave nothing to chance. All the Good Ole Boys are in placing sitting on the wall with Humpty "Spota" Dumpty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1