Fingerprints and gloves

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's on discovery page 3233, etc? Is this where they discuss the duct tape?

I believe that the 18 fingerprints have to do with prints found on car/trunk area. From the doc's released before.

I believe that the 18 fingerprints have to do with prints found on car/trunk area. From the doc's released before.

Could be right.. I noticed in this Baez request it talks about latent fingerprints from the trunk area.

I wonder IF they are her fingerprints on the tape, if the defense could be "Oh, I (casey) applied duct tape to the gas cans months before, I may have unwrapped too much and had to rewrap it on the roll, so it COULD have my fingerprints from an unrelated use, on the sticky side of the tape." Thoughts?

Also, sort of related question, did anyone from here send NG and/or LE the picture pointing out the tub of heart paper or stickers in the garage on that top shelf?

She was fairly well addicted to texting and her cell phone. She didn't reserve a lot of her brain power to organize her life. KC left a mess where ever she went, with one hand on her cell phone or two hands on her keyboard, and a trail of disasters behind her. Being organized enough to wear gloves doesn't fit her profile.

I don't believe she ever thought the police would be called. She was going to snow her parents and brother, and leave it at that.

I started a new thread about this but it was moved here. Why? I just saw a promo with Nancy Grace w/ LP and he said someone told him that there were fingerprints on the duct tape and that they were Caseys. At least that's what I thought I heard. Did anyone else see it? Maybe I'm just imagining news breaks now. lol

I started a new thread about this but it was moved here. Why? I just saw a promo with Nancy Grace w/ LP and he said someone told him that there were fingerprints on the duct tape and that they were Caseys. At least that's what I thought I heard. Did anyone else see it? Maybe I'm just imagining news breaks now. lol

Yes, LP said on NG there were fingerprints on the duct tape. He also said the prints were KC's.

I heard that on NG too. I have a ? do you think for the next doc. dump it will reveal results of the fingerprints tests? Or do you think that kind of test will remain confidential until trial?

I have found when using duct tape (or any tape) it is much easier if you tear off the pieces you will need and stick them on a hard surface. (such as a gas can or something you might have nearby) You only want to stick them there by a corner, but sometimes the tape will end up being stuck too much so you will have to get another peice. If this were the case, the tear marks or cut marks would match the piece that was finally used. If the unused pieces were wadded up and thrown away I still think you could match them to a certain roll of duct tape since their is always flaws in the roll that run through it.

OMG! I had little to no doubt, but when you actually hear that , it's just so damnably cruel to think of what she did. What ramifications will this have on the case? How will Baez spin this?

LP better hope he got this one right as there was no "allegedly" in his statement and that's a HUGE statement to make. I hope he's right as I think that will be very difficult evidence to refute.

There's no way KC could have worn latex gloves to apply duct tape..too sticky. Also, she is a "fly by the seat of her pants" kind of girl, I don't think she would have had the forethought to do it.

If LP is right (we all know a lot of times he's not) that would be very difficult evidence for defense to discount. I'd say if it's true KC will see the writing on the wall and plea out.

Yes, it's true. I saw it today on HL News, looked like a recap of Nancy Grace, but there seemed to be no hesitation or cautious skeptism about it WHATSOEVER. He must be pretty certain to make that statment on TV.

Mmmm mmm mmm! Lordy! She gonna get it now!!!!!

I think for Casey's sake & for the sake of her family , she should plea out. I don't know if it is Baez who is giving her wrong advice or if Casey is just hard hearted. Her family is suffering. If there are her prints on the tape or bags ....it 's over ...case closed.

I hope LP is right if there are finger prints it's
know way she can say they are not hers you have
to pull the tape off in order to get prints on the tape.

I think for Casey's sake & for the sake of her family , she should plea out. I don't know if it is Baez who is giving her wrong advice or if Casey is just hard hearted. Her family is suffering. If there are her prints on the tape or bags ....it 's over ...case closed.

I don't think Baez cares if she is convicted or not. He has her isolated. He has her looking up to him and he will continue on milking the case for what he can get out of it. He will never encourage her to do the right thing as he is the new source of strength for her. I think that is why he visits so often, to keep her in her place. He will not allow the family to visit her, as he protested to a visit with Cindy and George in the first place.

She is alone. He could care less.

Meanwhile, justice for Caylee may never come as Caylee would want it to come if she had a voice in the world from the people closest to her in life.

Yes, if true her Zanny the Nanny's goose is cooked... and it would seem defense will be forced to change tacts, from SODDI to negligent homicide. What is shaping up to become a battle of the experts will then surround WHEN the duct tape was placed there--ante or postmortem. Q. Had Caylee indeed been alive as well as conscious, what if anything besides bitemarks could be evidence of assault? Presumably the absence of any sign of struggle would be of far less evidenciary value to defense in exculpating KC (of homicide or aggravated abuse) than could evidence of struggle be to the State. JMO
:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members