Fire Update Information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nope, nothing until the mentioned Silverado Canyon..........hate when they do that, and then never follow up, I'd like to :slap: em

They did that last night on the 11pm news. Brought up Foothill Ranch reigniting, went to commercial, came back, went to sports. I dragged my hiney out of bed and couldn't find a thing. Maybe they are starting to get the towns mixed up.

They did that last night on the 11pm news. Brought up Foothill Ranch reigniting, went to commercial, came back, went to sports. I dragged my hiney out of bed and couldn't find a thing.
Maybe they are starting to get the towns mixed up.

I think that's exactly what they did, listening now to Presser on T.V. ABC channel 7 in my area.

So we're looking for a White Ford F150 with chrome tubular running boards. I believe 1998-2004. Per presser channel 7 Thanks TG.

So we're looking for a White Ford F150 with chrome tubular running boards. I believe 1998-2004. Per presser channel 7 Thanks TG.

YW Julez,

Like they said a lot of them driving the roads...........sigh! Well, at least it's something.

The sky right now:
fire041.jpg

The same sky last night:

fire035.jpg

night before or so:

fire034.jpg

I saw all the National Guard dudes lined up eating lunch today. There were zillions of them all eating In and Out Burgers.

Another thought...

JBean, you know what I think would be wonderful?

I would love the US Gov't, Uncle Sam to say, IF you donate/gift directly to a family/ies who has/have been registered to have lost their belongings and home in a fire, that you get that directly written off the top of your income! Further, they do not have to claim it as income.

If you hear of anything such thing, please let me know.

It would be great if they had adopt a family lists IMMEDIATELY written up by local gov't officials. i.e. you could adopt a family to help, the gov provides a picture of the family's loss and selves, tells a bit about them, so if you can relate to them and assist, you can adopt them. Once a family has received X $$, then the family is removed from the list. Surely there is some QUICK and CLEVER way to handle this that would disallow misappropriation. This would be for those who lost homes, perhaps... To buy their children clothing, replace necessities, etc. It sure seems that this could be a hugely uplifting thing for a grieving family. Perhaps the fire officials in town could assist with this or pastors or schools, i.e. people who know the people.

W

That is such a good idea,unfortunatley governments don't ever seem to run things on common sense.(not trying to make this a political statement,so please don't everyone comment and change the tone of the thread).
on a more personal level,if someone is close to someone that has lost everything,I had a family member who lost her home in a fire. We had a "shower" for her and purchased things she needed or gave her gift cards. We also were instructed to look through all our family/friends pictures and find those that might be of her and her family or have meaning to her. It didn't replace her losses,but it was something and helped to heal her heart.

I forgot to say when I lived in San Diego my apartment burned down. I didn't have much,but it still felt terrible to lose what I did have. I'll tell you this, every friend and aquaintance I knew out there came to my rescue. Overnight I had bags of clothes,linens,kitchen and bath products. Californians are great!

I just went to checl the canyon entrance behind my house and see if I could see anything from Pendleton. They have police staked out there. I assume they are looking out for arsonists. Really scary.

What a difference in the sky/air tonight compared to last night and this past week. It was BEAUTIFUL out :p Hubby and I were going to the movies and I saw BLUE sky. Clean and very clear with white streaks of clouds. Heck, the fire was still burning on the mountain, too. I can see the flames..The moon is full and BRIGHT. It's also cold out. I'm so surprised how clean and clear the sky is tonight.. :crazy:

What a difference in the sky/air tonight compared to last night and this past week. It was BEAUTIFUL out :p Hubby and I were going to the movies and I saw BLUE sky. Clean and very clear with white streaks of clouds. Heck, the fire was still burning on the mountain, too. I can see the flames..The moon is full and BRIGHT. It's also cold out. I'm so surprised how clean and clear the sky is tonight.. :crazy:
We took our nightly walk by the Chocolate Soldier at the Dana Point Harbor :innocent: and it was really cold and clear. Amazing.

I just got home and wanted to check in on all of you. I hope the beautiful sky provides some hope for all of you. Maybe a sign that someday soon this will all be just a bad memory. At least you are able to take a few good breaths.

How are the overall percentages for fire control? Bad news that there are more evacs, but it was bound to happen. Fighting fires, they concentrate on as many areas as they can, but they cannot be everywhere at once.

I have to say this. I am amazed at you all. You seem so calm and have seemed so all along. LOL, I would have been a basket case having the fires that close.

We took our nightly walk by the Chocolate Soldier at the Dana Point Harbor :innocent: and it was really cold and clear. Amazing.

Is that the chocolate store next to El Torito? If so, I LOVE that place :p

How are the overall percentages for fire control? Bad news that there are more evacs, but it was bound to happen. Fighting fires, they concentrate on as many areas as they can, but they cannot be everywhere at once.

I have to say this. I am amazed at you all. You seem so calm and have seemed so all along. LOL, I would have been a basket case having the fires that close.

The Santiago fire is only contained 35%. As far as being scared... I was so scared on Monday to actually be told by native Californians to pack my car and get ready to go. I thought it was just me scared. I've only been in Orange County for 3 yrs. The rest of my life was spent in Wisconsin. Have I mentioned how less scary snow is.

The Santiago fire is only contained 35%. As far as being scared... I was so scared on Monday to actually be told by native Californians to pack my car and get ready to go. I thought it was just me scared. I've only been in Orange County for 3 yrs. The rest of my life was spent in Wisconsin. Have I mentioned how less scary snow is.
Fire again threatens Silverado Canyon

Deputies trying to evacuate any holdouts.

The Santiago fire dipped into the bottom of Silverado Canyon late Friday and is predicted to reach houses by Saturday afternoon, fire officials said.
Late tonight Orange County and Los Angeles city firefighting teams set up lookouts on opposing ridges, watching the progression of fire fuel supply and weather around the clock. Far below in Silverado Canyon, firefighters leaned against engines and watched as flames leapt 75 feet in the air, crackling and roaring, around them into the night.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/fire-county-orange-1910379-homecoming-strong

California Fires: 11 Acres: 628,635 New fires: 0 Fires contained: 0

A Joint Information Center is available to provide information about the southern California wildland fires. Call 951-320-2075 or 951-320-2078.

Witch (San Diego County): 197,990 acres at 30 percent contained. This fire is one mile east of Ramona. Mandatory evacuations are in place for the community of Julian and there is still a threat to Pine Hills, Cuyamaca, Wynola, Santa Ysabel, Alpine, Mesa Grande and Harbison Canyon. Fire progression has slowed to the west, southwest, and northwest. Residents are being allowed to return to portions of Poway, Valley Center, Escondido, Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego, Ramona and Rancho Bernardo. Wildcat Canyon is closed. Highway 67 is closed from Poway to Ramona.
Information: Call (619) 590-3160.

Ranch (Angeles National Forest): 56,235 acres at 81 percent contained. This fire is seven miles north of Castaic. All evacuation orders have been lifted.
Information: Call 626-574-5208 or visit the web site.

Harris (San Diego County): 84,000 acres at 20 percent contained. This fire is two miles southeast of Potrero. Evacuation orders remain in effect. Re-entry for residents only was allowed in the Thousand Trails, Potrero and Tecate neighborhoods. Today residents only will be allowed to re-enter Jamul. The communities of Lyons Valley, Lawson Valley, Carveacre, San Miguel, Portrero, Barrett Junction, Barrett Lake area, Engineer Springs, Dulzura, Deerhorn Valley, and homes along Millar Ranch Road are threatened.
Information: Call (619) 590-3160

Santiago (Orange County): 26,000 acres at 30 percent contained. This fire is 12 miles east of Santa Ana. Mandatory evacuations are in place for the canyon areas of Santiago Canyon Road between Silverado Canyon Road and Live Oak Canyon Road, including the Santiago Estates area and Jackson Ranch Road. Areas along Live Oak Canyon Road through the Trabuco Canyon area, including O'Neill Regional Park, to Trabuco Creek Road are included in this mandatory evacuation. The following road closures are in place: Santiago Canyon road south of the 241 Toll Road to Live Oak Canyon Road, all of Live Oak Canyon Road, all of Trabuco Canyon Road, Plano Trabuco road north of Robinson Ranch Road (northbound only).
Information: Call 714-573-6200.

Rice (Los Angles County FD): 9,000 acres at 40 percent contained. This fire is seven miles east of Fallbrook. Evacuation orders are in effect for Fallbrook and outlying areas. Portions of Fallbrook have been reopened to residents.

Poomacha (Monte Vista Unit, Cal Fire): 38,500 acres at 30 percent contained. This fire is seven miles east of Pauma Valley. Evacuations are in progress in Valley Center. The communities of Valley Center, Rincon, Pauma Valley, Hidden Meadows, Deer Springs, Vista and Palomar are threatened.

Grass Valley (San Bernardino National Forest): 1,100 acres at 70 percent contained. This fire is north of Lake Arrowhead. There are mandatory evacuation for areas from Crestline to Snow Valley. Voluntary evacuations are in place for Cedar Pines Park and Valley of Enchantment. State Highway 18 is closed from 40th/Waterman to the Big Bear Dam, State Highway 330 is closed at Highland to Hwy 18, State Highway 138 is closed at State Highway 173. Residents may leave via these highways (except 330) but cannot go back up into the Mountains. Access to Big Bear is via Hwy 38 from I-10 in Redlands or from Hwy 18 through the Hi-Desert in Lucerne Valley.
Information: Call 909-383-5688 or visit the web site.

Ammo (Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, Department of Defense): 19,353 acres at 80 percent contained. This fire is five miles north of San Clemente. Sections of that fire have threatened Interstate 5, causing its closure from Highway 76 to San Onofre.
Information: Call (866) 430-2764 or visit www.pendleton.usmc.mil.

Slide (San Bernardino National Forest): 11,657 acres at 15 percent contained. More than 100 homes have burned and 10,000 homes continue to be threatened. Communities threatened are Green Valley, Running Springs, Live Oak, Fredalba, Smiley Park, Deer Lick, Calvery Chapel Camp, National Children’s Forest and Visitors Center, and Arrowbear Lake. All roads into the mountain communities are closed.
Information: Call (909) 383-5688.

Canyon (Los Angeles County): 4,500 acres at 85 percent contained. This fire is two miles north of Malibu. No new information provided.
Information: Call (323) 881-2411.

McCoy (Cleveland National Forest): 300 acres at 95 percent contained. This fire is four miles southwest of Julian. No new information provided.

http://www.nifc.gov/fire_info/nfn.htm

They are talking about a slight chance of showers.

Good morning all who are camped out in this fire thread.. :D Well, it's very nice out right now even though I can still see the fire burning on the hills. Gosh, we may even get some rain from what my MSN homepage is telling me. There are clouds out but not sure if they will drop rain..

The news about new evacs is disheartening, but looking at the percentages that Buzz posted I see MAJOR improvement. Two days ago most had containment of 30% or less. Now with some having numbers of 70% or above they should soon be out. And as they lessen more efforts and resources will be freed up to apply on the others. And I am praying for rain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back