First-Hand Impressions / WS Meetup

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anywhere in this further convict BC thread, has the phase/sky location of the moon been metioned? Or to discover that would require some actual research as opposed to SWAG musings?

BTW, if street lights are functioning in one part of the neighborhood, they'd function everywhere - unless the bulb was burned out. You think someone goes around and cuts each one one every night?

Just because a house is built doesn't mean it's occupied.

Sometimes fixtures just aren't connected to the power. A very remote cul-de-sac with no construction, no building materials -- only thing there was a light fixture. No way of knowing at noon when we were there if the power was cut on.

We saw in another area another light fixture. It was lit. That's why someone went last night to check it out. No need for smart remarks. None of us have the answers. We are all exploring here, discussing, discovering, and sharing.

A couple of us locals were not able to go to the meetup last Saturday. We're planning on going today. One of the things I'm interested in is if there are any cut through streets or trails from Lochmere to Holly Springs Rd. Knowing Holly Springs Road, I would agree that Nancy probably would not have taken that route.

Star12 I don't think he planned it out prior, but we'll see what the investigation comes up with. I'm just saying that after the killing and after his OMG moment if he had any, he had to decide what to do.

It wouldn't have taken that much time to think those kinds of thoughts about the family, about how long he would have before she was found, where to dump her body at.

If it was Brad, the killing could have been committed on the spur of the moment, in a rage. But, it could have been planned in advance, not necessarily for a specific date, that could have just happened to occur because of a fight providing the opportunity.

It could have been that the games Brad was playing with the passports etc.. were enough to satisfy him but once it was clear that she was going to leave him, his ego couldn't handle that. A case of I don't want you but nobody else will have you.

Just a thought.

A couple of us locals were not able to go to the meetup last Saturday. We're planning on going today. One of the things I'm interested in is if there are any cut through streets or trails from Lochmere to Holly Springs Rd. Knowing Holly Springs Road, I would agree that Nancy probably would not have taken that route.
At least two ways: You can go through the Camden Forest neighborhood off of Cary Parkway, which connects to the Wynston Ridge S/D. Wyston Ridge comes out onto Holly Springs Rd. There is also a greenway behind the homes east of Lochmere Drive that connects to Wynston Ridge S/D by a foot bridge over Swift Creek. That would be a possible running route, however, there still is no reason to get out on Holly Springs Rd. If you took either of these routes to Wynston Ridge S/D, you can loop back around to Lochmere without getting out on Holly Springs Rd. Just do NOT think it happened that way.

At least two ways: You can go through the Camden Forest neighborhood off of Cary Parkway, which connects to the Wynston Ridge S/D. Wyston Ridge comes out onto Holly Springs Rd. There is also a greenway behind the homes east of Lochmere Drive that connects to Wynston Ridge S/D by a foot bridge over Swift Creek. That would be a possible running route, however, there still is no reason to get out on Holly Springs Rd. If you took either of these routes to Wynston Ridge S/D, you can loop back around to Lochmere without getting out on Holly Springs Rd. Just do NOT think it happened that way.

Yep! After visiting the site myself today I have to agree. I now feel pretty confident that she was killed elsewhere and dumped. It just doesn't seem remotely possible that this area was part of her run.

anywhere in this further convict BC thread, has the phase/sky location of the moon been metioned? Or to discover that would require some actual research as opposed to SWAG musings?

BTW, if street lights are functioning in one part of the neighborhood, they'd function everywhere - unless the bulb was burned out. You think someone goes around and cuts each one one every night?

Actually the data has been posted to include hourly temperatures, barometric pressure, windspeed, humidity and even sunrise time.

One of the things that struck me when I visited in person today was the terrain. NONE of the pictures that I have seen so far accurately portray the angle of the slope from the side of the road to the area where the white roses are. If NC's body was where the white roses are, it would definitely not be seen from the road. The incline from where the purple and white memorial flowers are to the white roses is probable 35 degrees or more.

Personally, IMO, I really don't think that he cogitated much on this. I think he was working on adrenalin and thinking, "OMG OMG now what do I do? I can't leave her here. The kids, the cops, OMG gotta get her out of here" and did what he had to do. I don't think it was a planned act, but that it was a crime of passion -- he let his anger take over. After that, I think he just did what was expedient to separate himself, the children, and his home from Nancy's body.

If BC had planned this, don'tcha think he would have done a better job of it?

Brad's period of "playing nice' was just too difficult for him to sustain, and it had come to an end. I just don't think he had the commitment and engagement with his family to be the husband and father he was expected to be. I think they both wanted too much, too soon as far as lifestyle goes.

I agree Star12. He may have toyed with the idea of killing her at some point but at the time of her actual death I believe what happened was a result of rage. Lot's of men who hate their wives fantasize about pushing her in front of a bus. Lot's of men don't but many do.

If BC killed NC and dumped her I'd have to say it's too messy for it to have been planned out. If however he hired someone to kill her and make it look like a botched sexual assault then yes, of course that has the hallmarks of a planned homicide.

And to address an earlier comment regarding BC not having to deal with NC's parents if her body is found and buried, how would he no longer have contact with the grandparents of his children? As is stands, if he's not arrested, not convicted he'll certainly have to have contact with the Rentz family because of the girls.
Of course and as always, JMO.

I agree Star12. He may have toyed with the idea of killing her at some point but at the time of her actual death I believe what happened was a result of rage. Lot's of men who hate their wives fantasize about pushing her in front of a bus. Lot's of men don't but many do.

If BC killed NC and dumped her I'd have to say it's too messy for it to have been planned out. If however he hired someone to kill her and make it look like a botched sexual assault then yes, of course that has the hallmarks of a planned homicide.

And to address an earlier comment regarding BC not having to deal with NC's parents if her body is found and buried, how would he no longer have contact with the grandparents of his children? As is stands, if he's not arrested, not convicted he'll certainly have to have contact with the Rentz family because of the girls.
Of course and as always, JMO.

"in front of a bus"?

Yep! After visiting the site myself today I have to agree. I now feel pretty confident that she was killed elsewhere and dumped. It just doesn't seem remotely possible that this area was part of her run.
WS, can you tell us more of your impressions? We, who were in the first group, would like to compare notes with your group.

Bus, train, BMW, you pick. Divorce can be nasty, thoughts can get ugly.

WS, can you tell us more of your impressions? We, who were in the first group, would like to compare notes with your group.

Yes DITTO! I would love to hear your various impressions from your visit to the site.

I brought my camera but didn't take any pics because you all had already provided much better ones than I could have ever taken.There was just two of us... we started out at Java Jive, took Lochmere over to NC's residence. We both got teared up with all the white ribbons on mailboxes and trees in that area.Then we proceded to find the "dump site". If I had not seen previous photos posted on here with the purple/white flower memorial, we probably would not have found it. I never did find any street signs except for Fielding. There was lots of construction in the area around us... lots of noise and traffic. We stood at the site for probably 10 minutes paying our respects to Nancy. In that time, THREE construction trucks (I'm assuming) pulled in and turned around in the cul-de-sac.Two things struck me that were not as I expected...* The slope of the dump site is much more steep than can be portrayed in pics. Her body would have been totally hidden from the road.* I was on the fence before as to whether or not this was a dump site or part of her run. After seeing it, I am inclined to believe it was a dump site.

Thanks for your account WS. It sounds like the whole neighborhood is in mourning for Nancy.

You know, I just want to say something. I've been married for going on 26 years and over them we've had friends but never the kind of community that existed in Nancy's world. Aside from BC being "socially challenged", it seems like they all were such a loving group of friends. I could be wrong but I don't think that's common. The cookouts, dinner parties, sharing birthdays, etc. That would never happen here. My neighbors constantly feud over petty things like leaves falling in their yards.

I wish people could learn from tragedies like this, that we should be as kind to one another as Nancy and her friends were to each other.

+++Or to discover that would require some actual research as opposed to SWAG musings?

The autopsy results should squelch some of the "Brad did it" postulations should his statements be proven true.

He and his attorney's want the results made public ASAP, cause they are confident TOD occurred after he (and daughter) saw her alive around 7 a.m. Saturday morning. Timeline is VIP.

Tick tock.

He and his attorney's want the results made public ASAP, cause they are confident TOD occurred after he (and daughter) saw her alive around 7 a.m. Saturday morning. Timeline is VIP.

Tick tock.

It will be interesting if the M.E. was able to make a determination of TOD within a narrow range that would definitively say "after 7am on Saturday." My understanding is that TOD is done by hours/days, but not within 1 or 2 hours unless the body is found immediately and is in a condition in which internal temp can be taken, etc., etc.

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/text_ta_time_since_death.htm

Thanks for your account WS. It sounds like the whole neighborhood is in mourning for Nancy.

You know, I just want to say something. I've been married for going on 26 years and over them we've had friends but never the kind of community that existed in Nancy's world. Aside from BC being "socially challenged", it seems like they all were such a loving group of friends. I could be wrong but I don't think that's common. The cookouts, dinner parties, sharing birthdays, etc. That would never happen here. My neighbors constantly feud over petty things like leaves falling in their yards.

I wish people could learn from tragedies like this, that we should be as kind to one another as Nancy and her friends were to each other.

Thanks Entrenous. I so agree with everything you said. :blowkiss:

+++Or to discover that would require some actual research as opposed to SWAG musings?

The autopsy results should squelch some of the "Brad did it" postulations should his statements be proven true.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

Just so you know - the autopsy report will not list or include a TOD. From that perspective - time - it is useless for Brad to use in attempting to squelch anything about the time Nancy left or died.

Tick Tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member