FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None at all, and nobody did.

But it seems they did intervene. Hard. He was receiving mental health treatment. The school was attempting to address his behaviors with safeguards. Wen that didn't work he was expelled and sent to a school for troubled kids. He was reported to the FBI.

from this mom died a sudden and painful death from the flu

If autism confirmed -- they totally need sameness the sudden disappearance of one thing that had been in his life is super reason for rapid decompensation

going to live in a strange place with new
people is a terror for these folks

that was very significant learning IMO

sudden death of only stablizing and probably loving figure in this guys life

anyone know the date of the post that FBI was called on

we should check out the dates of some of the SM media stuff and see if there is escalation around Oct Nov

Sept. 2017 was when FBI was called.

Also I want to correct something I posted earlier when someone asked whether Cruz "looked like" he could have Fetal
Alcohol Syndrome.
I went back and re-read some info and apparently MANY people with FASD look normal physically. I was not aware of this as I thought they usually had unusual facial features, but not so.

I respectfully disagree.

As I read it: Someone who was diagnosed with a chronic mental condition and received no treatment ended up self-medicating as a "druggie" and stole to support his continued use. And then, since nobody understood at that time how best to treat or live with ADHD, the "fear of God," along with law enforcement and everyone around him, worked to minimize damage to himself and others related to his lack of treatment. He had to deal with it on his own, essentially, and was blamed, stigmatized, bullied and patronized for displaying what are today known as typical ADHD symptoms.

Which was typical for the time. Just like how kids with dyslexia were labeled "dumb" (usually worse, tbh), branding them with intellectual failure they had no choice but to internalize. It was a different time, to be sure.

And I assume it's anybody's guess as to whether your school-time neighbor benefits from treatment of some sort today. Because, imo, it's none of our business.

That's MOO, as I read it. Please help me understand how this situation equals a switch from accountability to "victim mentality," thereby contributing to deadly mass shootings at schools. Thank you.

JMO

I know that my opinion will not be a popular one, but I think that taking God out of our schools, country, and lives has a lot to do with it. Also, we, as a country have embraced the victim mentality instead of personal responsibility ( both the responsibility of the parents and the children).

I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I went to school with the same 90 kids from K-12.

There were some crazy guys, one who lived across the street from me. He had ADHD, for sure, but no accommodations or excuses were made for him. He was expected to do well in school and expected to behave, neither of which he did very well. BUT there were consequences for his actions and for his poor school work.

He is highly successful today, and he will tell you that it was that little bit of fear of God, his father, teachers, and law enforcement that kept him from going too far.

He had access to guns and was a druggie and broke into homes for a while. He was picked on in school, but often times that was because he picked on a girl (me) and another random guy would step in and punch him. I actually got called to the principal's office one time because he was punching me which led to him being punched several times. He tried to tell the principal that I caused him to be beat up. Principal wasn't having any of that nonsense. He never bothered me again.

I don't know that personal responsibility and accountability is the complete answer, ( as I said, I believe we need God), but it sure cannot hurt. No one is ever happy when they think they are a victim and wronged somehow. That line of thinking brings anger and rage with it.

JMO

Here in Europe many of us are pretty shocked that military training is even covered in high schools, is this a new development -I mean did these programmes start in recent years- or these training courses for minors have been going on for quite some time?

Almost all of the UK's great public (ie private) schools such as Eton, Harrow, Rugby and others have long had military cadet corps within the schools. Historically, many of the boys passing through those schools ended up in the military so getting early experience in the OTC (Officer Training Corps) prepared them for those careers.

Agreed. That's pretty basic. If the FBI can't manage that they might as well pack up and go home.

I'd like to know why they couldn't have followed up on the threat? They went to the vloggers house twice, so they didn't just write it off. They took it seriously at one point.

GOP already went thru that last year, out on a ball field with nowhere to hide and real bullets.

And..it didn't change ANY of their minds about access to either healthcare or guns. Just saying.

But it seems they did intervene. Hard. He was receiving mental health treatment. The school was attempting to address his behaviors with safeguards. Wen that didn't work he was expelled and sent to a school for troubled kids. He was reported to the FBI.

The FBI failed. Again.

We'll never know if a visit from them would have stopped him.

GOP already went thru that last year, out on a ball field with nowhere to hide and real bullets.

only a couple

its an awesome idea

do it while every single one of them is there

but i really dont think that ever happens any more

FOX 5 DC
@fox5dc
JUST IN: School shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz ordered held without bond in Broward Co. magistrate court after judge finds probable cause. Faces 17 counts of murder.

And yet......he was allowed to buy a gun, and seriously, with genuine compassion for the family that took him in after his adopted mother died, he was allowed by them to bring his gun into their home.

he is there I want to see the eyes

vacant??

they did split screen any of you techs no how to make the camera that was just them full size or whatever it is called

smaller than i thought

i just thought ya dont have to be that big...............

CNN is saying two posts got attn

quit lying just say the truth we did not have the resources to do f/u

maybe of all these would tell the truth maybe congress might in a decade and a half catch on moo

most of us here can find stuff really the FBI cant find an account of someone with the correct first and last name that is just a SNL skit in this day and age

You attacked me. You did not ask me to clarify to see if what you think I was saying is what I was trying to convey.
I did not attack you. I stated your post was offensive. Your implications were clear... are you clarifying or just backpedaling? You don't think god needs to be part of public school in the US? Because your post was pretty clear that you think the absence of such is the problem... And that kids with special needs shouldn't have accomodations or "excuses," but should have the "fear of god." So what about all the families who don't believe in god or the same one? Where are they in this? Or children who could be successful when provided the tools appropriate for them and their learning style?

Restate your point if it's being so absurdly misconstrued!

Almost all of the UK's great public (ie private) schools such as Eton, Harrow, Rugby and others have long had military cadet corps within the schools. Historically, many of the boys passing through those schools ended up in the military so getting early experience in the OTC (Officer Training Corps) prepared them for those careers.

I know -I lived/worked in the UK 1998 to 2008- that is why I wrote many of us, not all of us in Europe on my post.

What crime is that? It's not attempt. Let me see if Florida has a terroristic threat charge. And what it consists of.

Criminal threat. I'm not an attorney but post online you'd like to shoot up a school or call in a bomb threat.
It is a crime to make threats even as a prank.

Criminal threat. I'm not an attorney but post online you'd like to shoot up a school or call in a bomb threat.
It is a crime to make threats even as a prank.

As far as I can tell it has been a misdemeanor in Florida. And there are requirements. Like, "I'm going to go into your school and shoot you." That clearly fits. But, "One day I'm going to be a school shooter.", that may not be considered direct enough to constitute and actual threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe