FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When one cannot determine proper values and morals without the presence of a god that's the true problem.

Yesterday someone attempted to argue that school shootings have been happening since the 1700s. When exactly did "they" take prayer and god out of schools? Many people pray in silence so how exactly are people unable to do that in school now?

They aren’t unable to do that. Less and less people seem to believe in god and the power of prayer. That’s the problem. You can blame organized religion for that IMO.

Coach Hix shot and killed, I knew him well. My little girlfriend who stayed with me growing up so many times was shot and I don’t know anything. I don’t think it’s good. You imagine the worst. I’m up looking in all the news reports.

I'm so very sorry her. I'm praying for the best for your friend.

We're LIVE in Coconut Creek where North Broward Prep has been placed on lockdown due to reports of shots fired, but no official confirmation. http://bit.ly/2GcHzlh

All clear given at North Broward Prep
A parent of a student who attends the school told Local 10 News that authorities searched each building before allowing students and employees back inside.

Oglesby said the initial report of shots being fired at the school was unfounded.
https://www.local10.com/news/florid...sponding-to-north-broward-preparatory-school-

Don't know if it's been posted or not but so far we have 2 names. https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/964123098554527749

Also, I received an e-mail from my university about another victim of the shooting. I won't post that name as it's not MSM, but he was going to be an incoming freshman at University of Indianapolis and recruited for swimming.
His family was looking for him last night.. saw their posts on SM.

When he threatened to harm students, officers should have been called, ploice reports filed and have been arrested. If this happened and they released him it falls under LE jursdication. He should have been either put in juvie or comitted. Threatening to kill/shoot others should be taken extremely seriously.

This kid. Yes, kid, was shouting from the rooftops that he had issues. He was shouting it in his own way, but he wanted someone to intervene. No doubt about it.

How did he get help?

He didnt! None. He grew out of it! As a teen he was better although he did raise hell a bit. Eggs. Lots of eggs. Tepeed houses.

He has empathy today but not too much. Like many men. He seems totally normal.

Interestingly, his brother who was always the sweet one and didn't get into as much trouble, is a total drug addict and leech. He can't hold a job and is totally entitled. He's mostly homeless now but very grandiose. Manipulated an old man out of tends of thousands before the guy died. (The old man was not a good person and had no heirs so I don't cry too much about that, but still..).

UPDATE:

The Miami Hearld is starting to report the names of those affected by the shooting yesterday..

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200220844.html
Jaime Guttenberg

Martin Duque, a 14-year-old freshman

Alyssa Alhadeff, a 15-year-old freshman

Aaron Feis, an assistant football coach who was critically injured after jumping in front of the shooter to protect students, died from his wounds early Thursday.

Gina Montalto, a 14-year-old freshman, served on the school’s winter guard team.
Nicholas Dworet, a senior who had just received a swimming scholarship to the University of Indianapolis, was killed.

Luke Hoyer

Carmen Schentrup, a 2017 National Merit Scholar semifinalist

Meadow Pollack, a senior, planned to to attend Lynn University​.

Joaquin Oliver, 17, was born in Venezuela and moved to the U.S. at the age of three with his family.

Alaina Petty, 14

Cara Loughran

Chris Hixon, the athletic director at the high school

Alex Schachter, a marching band student

Scott Beige, 35, was a geography teacher at the school who unlocked his classroom to allow panicked students to take shelter inside during the shooting. He was struck and killed by a bullet while closing the door behind them.

The shooting we heard in a video did not sound automatic, IMO. What do you think?

No I dont think this particular school shooting used that bumpstock attachment. He likely just used semi-automatic as his AR-15 is bought that way with semi-automatic.

Even with Semi-automatic the bullets can come out pretty quick because its how fast you can keep pulling the trigger. People that practice with them can get the bullets to fire pretty quick.

He had multiple magazines which were likely fully prepared and pre-loaded with shells. So when his magazine clip ran out he just pulled it out and put in the new one with a new clip of rounds.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/15/us/florida-school-shooting-map.html

When he threatened to harm students, officers should have been called, ploice reports filed and have been arrested. If this happened and they released him it falls under LE jursdication. He should have been either put in juvie or comitted. Threatening to kill/shoot others should be taken extremely seriously.

What crime would it be and what sentence? And how long could they hold him for? 72 hours? How long, legally, can they be held?

I mean perhaps we need to create systems that allow people like this to be held and assessed and diagnosed with something and then de-gunned and forbidden from having any.

That wouldn't stop the issue totally though. We've seen people not allowed to possess guns who had them anyhow and went on sprees.

Is it known that the main weapon was an AR15? How big/tall is this shooter? I can't imagine anyone being able to approach a school with a firearm of this size unnoticed.

My high school aged son (15) is a big strong boy, 5'9" and athletic 140 pounds. He recently modeled for a photo shoot holding an AR 15 (don't ask, lol). The cumbersome length and weight was noticeable.

This is WS -- we want to know everything !!

Hysterical out of room these noises that only way to describe is flatulence sounding

I am the only human being here and I am fine and lady love bug

It kept going I was like good lord I better go check on her!!

It was some video of a infant like snoring in some commercial!!

Sounds to me she couldn't handle him on her own w/o her husband.

Its not that easy

watch for 100 secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yTvaqw9M8g

You never know when it will happen how long it will last

just do 30 secs -- your alone with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE

What is so offensive and hateful about it? I thought we were having a discussion on how to stop creating kids who kill. I gave my experience and my idea. What is hateful about that? I really want to know.
It's offensive to imply people can't or won't have values without religion and it's offensive to suggest the we shouldn't have religious freedom in the USA.

ETA it's offensive to imply children with special needs shouldn't have those needs met or their needs aren't real as valid.

Just starting to read articles about this massacre on the Spanish newspapers and a question asked by one of the readers has made me wonder the same.

He asks how this is possible that a boy who had been known to be dangerous -pictures of animal torture, disturbing comments on SM- obsessed about firearms and that several girls in his classroom had complained about his behaviour towards them was allowed to join military training.

https://elpais.com/internacional/2018/02/15/actualidad/1518675927_531457.html

Here in Europe many of us are pretty shocked that military training is even covered in high schools, is this a new development -I mean did these programmes start in recent years- or these training courses for minors have been going on for quite some time?

I would love to see someone open a thread in the area on this website where other issues -not cases- can be discussed so that we could discuss the-subject-that-shall-not-be-named which actually happens to be the key element to stop these horrific tragedies from happening.
Thank you.

If he had autism shouldn't he have been in classes with trained professionals?

he was (he went to a couple of private schools also but got expelled ) but we don't know timeline

but we are back to money placement no where to put anyone

if there are only 12 chairs what do ya do??

Theatening to kill, harm and shoot others is a crime. Sane people don't make flippant, random threats.

Mental illness is not as simple as sane or not insane-- it was believed to be the case in the 50's , no longer

Its like cancer

• Bladder Cancer.
  • Breast Cancer.
  • Colorectal Cancer.
  • Kidney Cancer.
  • Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell.
  • Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin.
  • Melanoma.
  • Oral and Oropharyngeal Cancer.

identical with major differences

goggle

It's even possible he had several magazines fully loaded and taped together with duct tape.
:facepalm:
jmo

Many psychologists and sociologists tell just about anyone who listens that "kids these days" aren't any more disturbed or violent than children a generation or two or three ago. Their access to and use of more lethal weapons has increased. As has violence toward children. That's a lethal recipe, imo.

Youth violence on decline, new study shows
(published 2017)

Contrary to popular perception, a new study finds that youth violence is declining — and at noteworthy rates. Between 2002 and 2014, researchers found a 29 percent decrease in the relative proportion of young people involved in violence in the United States.

The Rise and Fall of American Youth Violence: 1980 to 2000
(it's the most recent I could find)

The results demonstrate that while young people helped to generate the growth in violence before 1994, they contributed an even more disproportionate share to the decline in violence after 1994. Most of the recent decline in violent crime, in fact, was due to falling rates of violent crime among the young.

Why dies America have the worsr mass shootings? This article has a lot to say.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.html

Adjusted for population, only Yemen has a higher rate of mass shootings among countries with more than 10 million people —

A 2015 study estimated that only 4 percent of American gun deaths could be attributed to mental health issues.

The United States also has some of the weakest controls over who may buy a gun and what sorts of guns may be owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead