FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as having extra $$ for guns. Since both parents are deceased, he and his brother were probably receiving SS Survivors benefits as long as they are full-time students.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graduation Rates- I am in charge of graduation rates for a district and am not sure how a district could fake the stats. They start tracking this in 9th grade. If a student leaves your high school, and you can't provide proof that they enrolled in another school (in state or out of state) or left to homeschool, then that student counts against your stats if they do not graduate. It also counts against a school when students drop out and get a GED. In my state, I'm not sure how you could cheat the stats with computerized enrollment programs.

I also worked many years as a school counselor and can contest that many schools work very diligently to get help for troubled students. I have been involved with families that we took to court to have a judge force them to get their child mental health counseling or to continue medication for severe issues like schizophrenia or schizoaffective. I've called Child Protective services and LE and have worked hand-in-hand with both to get help for students. I had a Licensed Therapist on site who provided therapy students, but a parent had to give permission and be involved in the therapy. It is extremely frustrating if you don't have a parent who is willing to get help for their child. And you would be shocked at parents who do not cooperate. Some parents had their own mental health issues. Others didn't like the school's involvement and moved away...and I would pick up the phone and contact the next school to give them info. Sorry for the rant, but I promise some schools work very hard to get help for troubled students. And schools cannot tell other parents what all they have done to get help for a student.

It sounds like the shooter did have previous mental health services. But at 19, as an adult, he could make his own choices about getting help or taking meds.

I read the shooter was FAS (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome), but I wonder if he was RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5396665/Florida-shooter-19-fetal-alcohol-syndrome.html

I've also wondered about RAD. That's one of the most difficult diagnoses to work with, in my experience.

I experienced, as a teacher, parents who would become so angry and beligerant about other students with special needs. They'd tell me, "someone just needs to beat some respect into that kid," and we're talking about preschool students. I couldn't just break confidentiality and say, "well, actually, that kid does get beaten daily which is actually the problem" or "that's a 3 year old who was born addicted to meth, so their brain didn't get the same opportunity to develop as others" or "when one lives in a shelter one must get out their energy somewhere" and on and on... when it's their kid everyone is supposed to be all accepting and kind and tolerant, but not for that "bad kid" over there.

SABBM

You read that right... it's been mentioned in other places. Unbelievable !

Also the school admin. or vp who claimed he didn't know NC.
Doubtful.

People are in cya mode, yet again !!

And I am not a big fan of CNN. I have my reasons.
:moo:

This is the break down that needs to be addressed and fixed. So many opportunities people had to stop this. CYA...I agree

New video Cnn short

Dressing appropriately is difficult with this population

Neighbor filming

he is in underwear with giant military boots ( that is the wrong order) shoes without pants over ones underwear

who puts on lace up black boots black socks while wearing underwear outside

red cap

as the video starts he is walking in

apparently he had a compulsion to shoot his BB gun a couple of times and goes back in

as it relates to the shooting

At some level plans the events

afterwards in a purple polo shirt decides he is a dash thirsty

while cop cars are screeching all over the city

calls dad to say he is a bit confused if he might have done something bad insight is non existent

then apparently decides he is in the mood in his notable purple polo for a quarter pounder

clear indicators of a brain incapable of processing the world around him

cops called to the house 30 times

moo

classic developmental delay issues

re read above and make if as if a three year old did some of this

different world huh ??

Here we go, I knew someone was going to turn into a racial thing. Are you an injustice collector? Sure don't see you pointing out the white Coach sacrificing himself for his students.... Why would you even suggest it's about race? This should be offensive to everyone. A tragedy like this and now race is brought into to it?

I just posted an NPR article about 2 of them. And, no, there YOU go. I'm pointing out the obvious about our POTUS, NOT the victims or their families.

Ok, please link to where President Trump signed anything that directly caused this? He signed what?

President Trump, in a pro-forma public statement on the Parkland, Fla., shooting, ordered flags on government buildings to be flown at half-mast through Monday, but didn't call for any reconsideration of the nation's inexcusably lax gun laws. Last February, he scrapped an Obama-era regulation making it tougher for people with mental illnesses to buy a gun.
Perhaps Trump doesn't want to risk disturbing the NRA, which spent more than $30 million in 2016 to support him and defeat his opponent, Hillary Clinton. (These figures come from the Center for Responsive Politics.)

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-nra-politicians-20180215-story.html

Sure its difficult to listen to her blame the president for things that are not in his control and yell and scream. Airing this video accomplished nothing other than ratcheting up the emotion and vitriol that much more. That isn't helping anything.

She's a distraught mother. And people are concerned about her blaming the president? I'm concerned about the fact that she lost her 14 year old daughter to a senseless mass murder.

The agony of that mama is palpable and it is helpful. It's helpful to make this real enough that our elected officials don't drop efforts to figure this thing out, in a couple of weeks. It's helpful to ensuring society doesn't become apathetic.

Its helpful to refuting those pyschotic nuts out there who are once again blasting "conspiracy theory" across the internet and claiming this is all faked. I read a few tweets about how the student witnesses seem too composed and rehearsed.

Well this ain't rehearsed. And if anyone gets bothers by it because they want to protect the president, they have a problem. I have no doubt she would be screaming her heart out and demanding action from any president.

So would I.

Let's all try to stay civil here for goodness sake and not criticize these poor victims who have experienced the worst blow life can give them. My gosh.

You know friends it's becoming unnecessarily heated in here and that goes for people with all sorts of opinions. Not just one kind of opinion. No wonder we get nothing done in our country. It's ridiculous. Get off the boards if you're getting too angry.

This anger in general seems to be why we are censored in what we can discuss at times because people get too upset and how can the mods deal with all of us getting that upset?

Bump stocks

If I told you it is legal to have cocaine if you dont snort it how long would it take you to ponder if I need to go somewhere?

no word s

This means it's likely legal to sell or manufacture bump-fire stocks in the state, but illegal to attach one to a rifle.

Is that not the stupidest sentence you have read ?

where does congress even come up with their stupid sh@@

its scary

Congress are idiots all of em - Republicans are backing away from legislation banning “bump stocks” )

closed window sorry goggle search

https://www.google.com/search?q=con...wKRqL7ADA&start=40&sa=N&biw=680&bih=331&dpr=2

As a former bartender in a bar patronized by mostly politicals.......I assure you. ......they are more interested in the next free meal/ banquet/drinks...

New video Cnn short

Dressing appropriately is difficult

Neighbor filming

he is in underwear withe giant military boots ( that is the wrong order

who puts on lace up black boots black socks while wearing underwear outside

red cap

as the video starts he is walking in

apparently he had a compulsion to shoot his BB gun a couple of times and goes back in

At some level plans the events afterwards in a purple polo shirt decides he is a dash thirsty

while cop cars are screeching all over the city

calls dad to say he is a bit confused if he might have done something bad

then apparently decides he is in the mood in his notable purple polo for a quarter pounder

clear indicators of a brain incapable of processing the world around him

moo

CNN also now saying LE were called to his home more than 30 times in the past.

I just posted an NPR article about 2 of them. And, no, there YOU go. I'm pointing out the obvious about our POTUS, NOT the victims or their families.

It's not obvious to anyone. So you are saying it's obvious he doesn't care because the woman wasn't white? I don't see how anyone can say that is obvious. What president has the lowest non white unemployment rate? This president has done more for minorities than the minority president did in 8 years

My dog was ran over by a car, does that make me a mechanic? Knee jerk reactions to terrible incidents is not the way to solve any problem. No one denies this is a tragedy but calm heads prevail. How many times were the authorities alerted to this guy? The school knew he was a problem, the FBI was even alerted from what I read, so many warnings and yet nothing, no one stopped this. Psychological evaluations and case worker investigations should be done on any child that has been reported to authorities and once given the all clear they should be able to return to school or they should be admitted to a psychological facility to get help. Airing a grieving mother's rant just so CNN can take a shot at President Trump is low.

False analogy. A mechanic is not responding to the death of your dog. The POTUS and legislators are responding to the death of this child and the other victims. Your mechanic has no obvious fiscal or legislative power, so cannot spearhead changes in, I assume from your example, the driving habits of other drivers. The POTUS and legislators have precisely those powers and leadership vested by you, the people. They are empowered to effective positive change in this and other areas.

I have longstanding reservations about the genre of the victim interview but CNN or anyone's giving the survivors of this atrocity a voice -- a direct voice and a potentially global audience, especially if it can help effect meaningful change, is a good, IMO.

Also, the response of a dead child's mother in this case is abolsutely NOT a knee-jerk reaction. I'd reserve that term for other persons and other homilies. How much have "the calm heads" prevailed since the last school shooting? A holistic response, that tries to account for the complicated causal story behind mass shootings, is needed. Nothing should be unexamined. Nothing. IMO.

It's not obvious to anyone. So you are saying it's obvious he doesn't care because the woman wasn't white? I don't see how anyone can say that is obvious. What president has the lowest non white unemployment rate? This president has done more for minorities than the minority president did in 8 years

This feels like it belongs in another forum -- but I'd point out that jobs are not a president's only job. Ensuring citizen safety, tolerance, educational attainment, equal access to resources -- those are all on the job description too, surely. Especially given the notorious difficulty of ascribing economic progress to a particular set of policies and the general eagerness of any given politico to take credit for said progress.

Yes, it is hard to find help for these kids. Sometimes you'll find it, but then insurance will stop paying for the facility. Or the child starts a treatment plan and does well for 6 months...then quits taking medicine/stops therapy. It's a difficult path.

6 months ! are you in a different nation not being snarky !!

Lynda and her husband, Roger, who died many years ago, adopted Nikolas and his biological brother, Zachary, after the couple moved from Long Island to Broward County.

Another relative, who spoke on condition of anonymity over the sensitive matter, said Nikolas had been diagnosed with autism.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...g/fl-school-shooting-cruz-20180214-story.html

Lynda, who died of pneumonia, adopted Nikolas the day he was born.

I'm still confused on when he and his younger brother were adopted. If he was adopted at birth...that means they adopted his bio brother from the same family later. Is that right?

In order to have a meaningful discussion about this, we are going to have to be honest and deal in facts. Nothing you've cited above is factual. The fact is, our legislators and our "President" are the ones in control here; they have the power to curb the slaughter. They are deliberately choosing NOT to do so.

She's a distraught mother. And people are concerned about her blaming the president? I'm concerned about the fact that she lost her 14 year old daughter to a senseless mass murder.

The agony of that mama is palpable and it is helpful. It's helpful to make this real enough that our elected officials don't drop efforts to figure this thing out, in a couple of weeks. It's helpful to ensuring society doesn't become apathetic.

Its helpful to refuting those pyschotic nuts out there who are once again blasting "conspiracy theory" across the internet and claiming this is all faked. I read a few tweets about how the student witnesses seem too composed and rehearsed.

Well this ain't rehearsed. And if anyone gets bothers by it because they want to protect the president, they have a problem. I have no doubt she would be screaming her heart out and demanding action from any president.

So would I.

Let's all try to stay civil here for goodness sake and not criticize these poor victims who have experienced the worst blow life can give them. My gosh.

You know friends it's becoming unnecessarily heated in here and that goes for people with all sorts of opinions. Not just one kind of opinion. No wonder we get nothing done in our country. It's ridiculous. Get off the boards if you're getting too angry.

This anger in general seems to be why we are censored in what we can discuss at times because people get too upset and how can the mods deal with all of us getting that upset?

I'm glad you brought up the fact she lost a child due to murder. I was trying to post earlier about how much tougher this loss is versus losing a person to natural causes. Couldn't find the words for some reason.
In other words I don't think CNN fed her. Her words and emotions were from the heart. IMO

Ok, please link to where President Trump signed anything that directly caused this? He signed what?

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221

---
Our checks and balances are severely eroded. And, mental health care is not available to all who need it.

Personally, I would welcome a decent plan B by our distinguished leaders. How great would a bipartisan solution be for this country? We could all own it.

I mourn the fact that this issue is nothing but partisan, when it should be humanitarian.

Threads like this make people want to buy more guns.

I'm glad you brought up the fact she lost a child due to murder. I was trying to post earlier about how much tougher this loss is versus losing a person to natural causes. Couldn't find the words for some reason.
In other words I don't think CNN fed her. Her words and emotions were from the heart. IMO

I was glad to see some of the students being afforded the opportunity to speak out via the media today as well. It's easy to sit back and be complacent when it's not happening to you or your loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn