FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Cant spell prepared yet makes a threat such as this. So very sad.

Is a 6th grader an 11-year old kid in the USA? did he/she hand this page in to a teacher -I am guessing given the message "Be prepared b+tch"- at his/her school? I cannot open the link to read it myself :confused:
Thanks.

From link
Davie police said the 11-year-old girl placed the handwritten note under the assistant principal's office door...

She also provided a written confession, officers said.

In her written confession, the student claimed that another girl ordered her to put the note under the door to the assistant principal's office or she would get her friend to fight her.
https://www.local10.com/news/crime/...ing-note-threatening-to-shoot-up-davie-school

The confession note mentions the girl wanted to fight her because of an alleged crush on a boy, so to avoid the fight she wrote the note and put it under the door.

ted
NBC News
NBC News
@NBCNews
Sheriff: As the gunman fled from the school, he went to a Walmart, bought a drink at a Subway, went to a McDonald's, and was arrested while walking after leaving the McDonald's

WBAL Baltimore News Retweeted
NBC News
NBC News
@NBCNews
NEW: Sheriff: Gunman entered school via stairwell; moved around the school shooting with rifle into multiple classrooms; moved from 1st to 3rd floor before fleeing from the school.

He bought a drink at Subway and stopped at McDonald's after the shooting?

not much new from presser except:
arrived by Uber at 2:19
2:21 started shooting
dropped back pack and gun and ran to Walmart, bought drink at Subway, went to a McDonald's and sat for 40 min.
3:41 was detained by police.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Lasky glossed over the 9/25/17 tip from youtube comment. Said no connection was
found to S. Florida. Did NOT clearly state IF they followed up or HOW.

Named all deceased victims and asked for privacy to families.

Mental health treatment is part of good parenting and generally undertaken with genuine concern and love, so yes. I agree his parents got him some help. That being said, if I was his mom I would have been monitoring his SM, and he would not have had a gun, a gun cabinet, or a key.

I think the school took disciplinary action as they would with any problematic child. Safeguards were definitely good measures to keep him functioning in the school environment with restrictions but were ultimately ineffective. Expulsion basically just made him somebody else's problem, and the FBI dropped the ball.

We need terroristic threat laws with bigger teeth. They have them in Texas. I know they have had them in the schools here for over 15 years.

BBM: Maybe we should start by identifying home grown terrorist groups as just that, instead of blanketing them with the old "outstanding people" rhetoric.
If a group teaches hate, separation, racism, violence, etc.............

Sure, the suspect has Autism.........but let's not loose sight of outside influences. Obviously he was high functioning on the Autism spectrum. He sounds a bit like my 16 year old grandson, who also is HF autistic. (My GS doesn't make threats or torture animals, fact is he has tons of empathy for people and animals, but school expulsion is kinda par for the course)

I've got to believe that this white supremacist knuckle dragging "group" filled the void that "family" should of filled.

If the family knew he was in treatment even one year ago, then the death of his Mother, why would there ever be any access to deadly firearms? Did they resign themselves to not being interested in his SM, friends or hobbies? Did they share any family or holiday meals or activities with him?

Not blaming this family, as I am sure there were not many people available that would have taken him in knowing he was unstable.

I honestly think it was more of a "hey mom, my buddy's mom just died. he doesn't get along with the family he's living with, and he's 18 so he can leave if he wants. Is it cool if he stays with us for a while?" type of thing. Maybe the parents felt bad for their child's friend because he was now an orphan, so they agreed to let him stay there as long as he got a job and planned to move out after he saved up enough money to get his own place. He moved in with that family after Thanksgiving, so he had not been staying there for very long. Maybe the parents saw him moving in the rifle and told him he couldn't keep it in their house unless he bought a gun safe and kept the gun in there. This is all just my opinion, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On CNN it was pointed out that, at the time he bought the AR-15, it was legal to do so, but illegal for him to buy a handgun. Oy.

Lots of ways to fix that problem.

I'd like to see an active shooter drill done when congressional leaders are in session. Only, they wouldn't know it's just a drill. They're sitting there, completely sure they are safe because of all the safety measures in those buildings. Then suddenly, a recording of loud automatic fire starts cracking. Over and over.

They would be terrified and there would be chaos. And then maybe they'd realize how terrifying it is to potentially be a target when you're just going about your everyday routine.

This happened at an Emergency Nursing conference I attended a few years ago. It was at the Orlando convention center. The only warning received was that we needed to exit the room immediately - should we have an issue with loud noises / strobe lights.

They then began an all out, audio assault on a room full of thousands of ER nurses. I am already a hypervigilant, trained, concealed carry gun owner. However, in that moment... I didn’t have a weapon and instinctually hit the floor - along with many others. Was a good reminder on how vulnerable WE all are and how you need to have a plan A, B, C. ALSO, you must practice this, not just go to classroom instruction.

https://www.ena.org/press-room/pres...saster'-strikes-emergency-nurses-will-respond

CH 9 Orlando News said this evening Cruz has confessed to the murders. His public defender called him a broken
child with a long history of mental health problems and poor impulse control.

A security guard was tipped off as NC was putting the gun together or shortly after the gun was put together AND there was an armed LE official on the school campus and NC still managed this much catastrophic damage. Awful.
I'm a special ed para at a high school. I attend general ed classes with students. Today we had a conversation in the "Global Issues" class. No matter how the young adults identified with certain political views they all agreed this was an impossible situation for everyone except the shooter. In the panic and cahos around them it was too easy for NC to be absorbed by the crowd during his escape. No one had the presence of mind to really see what was happening around them. No one thinks it's ever going to really happen to them. They wondered aloud... If the LEO did get to a point where he saw NC would he have taken a shot with all of the students running around him?

Mind you... These are thoughts from the kids in the class. I thought they were setting things pretty realistically.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Florida School Shooting Suspect Nikolas Cruz Was ‘Creepy and Weird,’ Survivors Say
The ex-student reportedly had a history of threatening other students before he allegedly opened fire in his old classrooms.

"Cruz always had his hair short and had a penchant for wearing patriotic shirts that “seemed really extreme, like hating on” Islam, Parodie said. The suspected gunman would also deride Muslims as “terrorists and bombers.”

“I’ve seen him wear a Trump hat,” the student said."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nick-cruz-parkland-florida-shooting-stoneman-douglas-high-school

Inflammatory rhetoric does have it's consequences; there are a lot of mentally unstable people out there.

I honestly think it was more of a "hey mom, my buddy's mom just died. he doesn't get along with the family he's living with, and he's 18 so he can leave if he wants. Is it cool if he stays with us for a while?" type of thing. Maybe the parents felt bad for their child's friends because he was now an orphan, so they agreed to let him stay there as long as he got a job and was planning to move out after he saved up enough money to get his own place. He moved in with that family after Thanksgiving, so he had not been staying there for very long. Maybe the parents saw him moving in the rifle and told him he couldn't keep it in their house unless he bought a gun safe the gun in there. This is all just my opinion, obviously.

We took in a kid who was 18 and living in his car where my son worked at the time. His parents had thrown him out of the house and he had a lot of emotional/mental issues. We were very clear: no drugs, no booze, no weapons in the house. If he had any, he got rid of them before he came to our house. And we did search. Wasn't hard to do. We keep no weapons in our home, either.

The kid lived with us for about 4 months, then we talked him into moving back in with his family. I think he ended up leaving the state with an older brother who was out on his own, too. They were orphans from Russia, several of them, adopted by a Lutheran family. It was not working out well at all.

WTH? I mean... did the Uber driver not find it odd that some guy carrying a long rifle asked to be dropped off at a school?

ETA: never mind, I saw where he had the gun disassembled in his back pack prior to arriving at the school.

WTH? I mean... did the Uber driver not find it odd that some guy carrying a long rifle asked to be dropped off at a school?

Could he have stored the gun on the school property prior.

Also, I once saw someone carrying an AR-15 to the gun range in a (soft) guitar bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member