FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any evidence there was actually an estate around million dollars? She sold her home in a short sale and they moved into a mobile home. Maybe a million dollars was just something NC was telling people?

It was in an article linked earlier today with a bit more info about NC’s parents. I think the same article saying adoptive father was 62. I’ll see if I can find it in a few. My little one just told me it’s 6 and she wants dinner[emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any evidence there was actually an estate around million dollars? She sold her home in a short sale and they moved into a mobile home. Maybe a million dollars was just something NC was telling people?

It may have been that there was trust for the boys. He thought he was going to get funds at 22. Interestingly, there are many trusts that are converted at that age. Could it be that it was a lie he told or one that was told to him? We don't know.

It may have been that there was trust for the boys. He thought he was going to get funds at 22. Interestingly, there are many trusts that are converted at that age. Could it be that it was a lie he told or one that was told to him? We don't know.

I know nothing about trusts. Would that be money that adoptive mother couldn't touch, thus having to sell house in a short sale?

It was in an article linked earlier today with a bit more info about NC’s parents. I think the same article saying adoptive father was 62. I’ll see if I can find it in a few. My little one just told me it’s 6 and she wants dinner[emoji39]

“Roger Cruz bought the five-bedroom, three-bath home in Pine Tree estates for $94,000 in 1996. By the time he died, he left a $1 million estate, including the house, which by then was worth more than $570,000, county records show.

He and his wife met when they were married to other people, then married later in life after divorces. Gold said he wasn’t sure when the boys were adopted, but they didn’t learn they were adopted until they were in their teens.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200754714.html#storylink=cpy

**faster than I thought, kiddo wanted a turkey and Swiss sandwich

I just find it strange that someone with supposedly close to a million $ would sell her house in a short sale, and move into a mobile home. What paperwork did these people think they saw, and why was he showing them this paperwork?

The $800k could have been from life insurance.

I just find it strange that someone with supposedly close to a million $ would sell her house in a short sale, and move into a mobile home. What paperwork did these people think they saw, and why was he showing them this paperwork?

I think this is the article you are quoting:

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...home-over-gun-dispute/NnRFpOjnkEGAh3K5wJ2m2I/

"A month earlier, in January 2017, Lynda Cruz had sold the family home at 6166 NW 80 Terrace in Parkland, court records show.

A person with knowledge of Roger Cruz’s probate said the sale of the home was a short sale. That’s a term for a bank allowing the owner of a home to sell it for far less than he or she owes the bank on it, just so the bank can get at least something. It means the owner gets no money for the sale.

The brothers then moved to the suburban Lantana mobile home and Nikolas later moved to the home of James Snead and his family on Lox Road in Parkland."

I, IMO think this article is not clear. More discrepancies. Mom passed in November 2017. This article makes it sound like she sold the house in Jan 2017 and then the brothers went to live with the first woman that kicked him out because of gun.
He bought the gun February 2017.
Maybe she sold the house to move because of all of the calls to LE, idk. This article is questionable to me.

Seems clear to me. Mother sold the home (in a short sale) and they moved into a mobile home. Later (after mother died) he moved in with the family on Lox Road.

If he paid $94,000 for the home in 1996 and she truly did a short sale (not just a rumor) she must have remortgaged at least once.

0b4d62930e4c75f40b6da203a237ff8a.jpg

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6166-NW-80th-Ter-Pompano-Beach-FL-33067/42825514_zpid

Says Pompano Beach, this is the correct home though.
291b9ae27869ecb3b46b2b955bdad07f.jpg

Seems clear to me. Mother sold the home (in a short sale) and they moved into a mobile home. Later (after mother died) he moved in with the family on Lox Road.

"Another family took him in

Following his mother’s death, Cruz lived for a few weeks with a family friend the Lantana Cascades Mobile Home Park west of Lantana, the Post reported.

He was then taken in by the Snead family in Pompano Beach."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...florida-school-shooting-suspect-a3768476.html

I thought earlier articles said mom and kids moved into an apartment after the sale of the house and after her death boys went to a friend’s at the mobile park? The reporting is about as clear as mud.

Regarding a gun shop owner refusing to sell, based on their first impression that the person standing in front of them might not be the crunchiest Crouton in the salad...

We make judgment calls all the time, about people we don't know very well. We have instincts for a reason . It's like GPS from our souls.

Think about "See something, say something". We don't always know if what we "see", is something we should report, but you have to go with your gut sometimes.

A few years back my ex had a Chevy Van.
It was one of those infamous creepy vans... and whenever he took my daughter anywhere, playground, library ect... If they sat in the parking lot talking or having a snack or whatever, someone was always calling the cops to report "man with little girl in creepy van."

Officers would come to my house and ask me if she was my child, was this guy her Dad, and did he drive a creepy Chevy Van?

The third time they apologized for coming out so many times, the info wasn't passed along correctly the first couple times.

It was kind of annoying to have this happening on their outings, but I always thought about, what if some stranger had abducted a little girl? I would be extremely grateful to anyone who made that judgement call.

Sometimes you have to go with your gut and do what you think is right.

I know nothing about trusts. Would that be money that adoptive mother couldn't touch, thus having to sell house in a short sale?

A trust could have been created by the father or mother to ensure the kids had funds to start out their adult lives. It could have been from life insurance policies that would convert to a trust and be held for the kids. I have seen trusts that disperse for college and only college until a certain age with the funds transferred in the adult's name afterward. I have seen trusts that are never fully turned over but provide monies at intervals or with applications. It is really the purview of the person creating the trust.

I know that. That woman say she made him move out because she didn't want guns in her house.

Let me try to be more clear:
We have heard in many articles the boys moved to the Lantana house(lady that didn't want gun in her house) AFTER the mom died.
Mom died November 2017
Short sale of house was January 2017 per the article that I think is questionable.
The article made it sound like the boys went to live with the Lantana House(lady that didn't want a gun in her house) BEFORE the mom died. If so, it is a completely different report than ALL of the other articles have said.

Also, this video of him shooting in a backyard last October is not the house on Lantana or The latest family's house. This would be right before mom died:

"FOOTAGE has emerged of the suspected Florida gunman, Nikolas Cruz, 19, shooting what appears to be a BB gun in his backyard months before the deadly attack.
The video filmed by a neighbour purports to show Cruz wearing boxer shorts and a “Make America Great Again” cap while firing rounds outside his house.
It was captured by a neighbour in October last year, around one month before Cruz’s adoptive mother died and he was sent to live with family friends before being expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...t/news-story/e2a614dbfc6b6fc30c8101f398e20952

We have heard in many articles the boys moved to the Lantana house(lady that didn't want gun in her house) AFTER the mom died.
Mom died November 2017
Short sale of house was January 2017 per the article that I think is questionable.
The article made it sound like the boys went to live with the Lantana House(lady that didn't want a gun in her house) BEFORE the mom died. If so, it is a completely different report than ALL of the other articles have said.

January 2017 is 10 months before November 2017. So I don't see how that suggests that they went to live with the lady before mom died. Sounds like mother sold the house then died 10 months later.

If he paid $94,000 for the home in 1996 and she truly did a short sale (not just a rumor) she must have remortgaged at least once.

0b4d62930e4c75f40b6da203a237ff8a.jpg

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6166-NW-80th-Ter-Pompano-Beach-FL-33067/42825514_zpid

Says Pompano Beach, this is the correct home though.
291b9ae27869ecb3b46b2b955bdad07f.jpg

If the mother had not worked, then she might have been taking out mortgages to fund living. I would imagine that the kid's got SS death benefits after the father died. She would have gotten SSI benefits for taking care of the children. Since the father was 62 at the time of his death, they probably received the max or close to the max in monthly payouts until 18 and her payments would have stopped for each of the kids when they turned 16, which might account for why the mother sold the house last January. The taxes for the home were high and with NC losing his benefits their monthly income would have been decreased by half.

"Social Security calculates the benefits for children with deceased parents based on the parent's lifetime earnings, which are indexed by internal process to obtain a monthly average that would equal the retirement benefit. Minors are paid 75 percent of the benefit amount. "

"Social Security benefits for children younger than 16 with deceased parents include monthly payments to the child's caretaker regardless of age or familial relationship. A surviving parent or caretaker who can prove legal parental control of the child is eligible to receive 75 percent of the total determined benefit amount until the child's 16th birthday. Social Security caps family benefits between 150 and 180 percent of the deceased's determined total eligibility."

Both quoted statements are from Sapling.com

January 2017 is 10 months before November 2017. So I don't see how that suggests that they went to live with the lady before mom died. Sounds like mother sold the house then died 10 months later.

I added a little more to this post, see above. It may add a little more clarity for you.

Mom died November 2017

Also, this video of him shooting in a backyard last October is not the house on Lantana or The latest family's house. This would be right before mom died:

"FOOTAGE has emerged of the suspected Florida gunman, Nikolas Cruz, 19, shooting what appears to be a BB gun in his backyard months before the deadly attack.
The video filmed by a neighbour purports to show Cruz wearing boxer shorts and a “Make America Great Again” cap while firing rounds outside his house.
It was captured by a neighbour in October last year, around one month before Cruz’s adoptive mother died and he was sent to live with family friends before being expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...t/news-story/e2a614dbfc6b6fc30c8101f398e20952
I read it the same way... Timeline implied in that article didn't make sense based on what we know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think I shut the thread down :-(

Keeleydoll this is for you( I think your avatar is a rabbit):

What do you call 99 rabbits walking backwards?
A receding Hare line :)

Corny I know

I think I shut the thread down :-(

Keeleydoll this is for you( I think your avatar is a rabbit):

What do you call 99 rabbits walking backwards?
A receding Hare line :)

Corny I know

Hahaha I love it! We keep rabbits, chickens and labradors, it’s a zoo around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member