FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly, bernina. everyone wants answers. here they are:

why?

- neglected, rejected, orphaned, forgotten.

"Cruz usually kept to himself but "once given the opportunity, he liked to talk," said Brandon Minoff, a senior who was assigned to a group project with Cruz during sophomore year."

I can't find the link but one classmate said when he was paired with him on a project, NC "opened up". Another MSM article said that when he would approach the bus stop, kids would back off and avoid him.

Maybe he just needed someone to talk to. Or maybe he's a psychopath whom no one could help heal.

JMO...

Really? Maybe because they were very young. There are many parents of autistic adults who are terrified that their child may harm themselves or others in a rage. https://www.autism.com/treating_self-injurious

One example here https://youtu.be/Ir6EQ58pSDk

Cruz was obviously not severely or profoundly autistic, as his grades in mainstream high school classes were As and Bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly is "profoundly autistic?"

And just for future information...a lot of people with autism get good grades in mainstream classes.

I have no clue if this kid is on the spectrum. I just know that autism doesn't cause people to be mass murderers any more than having brown hair causes someone to commit murder.

RE: Wray Today

When I first heard it I thought I did not hear it correctly. When it was repeated I thought wow isn't that pathetic that you are not really sure AND SHOCKED that some govt person would tell the truth

Think about that.

Then for all of us to feel "grateful" that someone is honest.... well that is just .............. boy are we in the toilet huh?

effing pathetic and sad and sorry IMO

My sincere apology. I quoted an article that was not a mainstream media article. I should not have done that. In my haste to check the thread and head to an appointment, I did not click on the link. I was commenting on what was in the post.

It was about the number of kids who are or were on medications at the time they decided to shoot up schools.

If someone can find a more mainstream article or perhaps a respected medical report of some sort that talks about this issue that would be great. If something like this has already been posted thank you.

Again, I am very sorry. As forum owner, you would think I would be the one person who would be careful. In this case, I was not.

Tricia

My dear

I am shocked . Just shocked !

thats funny

to err is human

two truths in one day -- I am overwhelmed !!

to own it is rare these days ha!

Guy trolled the MSM w/ #FakeNews and got his group with 10 members international publicity. SMDH

The Associated Press‏Verified account
@AP
Following Following @AP
More
White nationalist appears to have lied to the AP, other news outlets when he claimed that Florida school-shooting suspect was a member of his group.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/964675496360456192

Regarding video games and violence.

So what excuse does my grandfather have for abusing the everloving crap out of my father, aunts and uncles? What excuse does my MIL have for being the most physically abusive woman I’ve ever had the *pleasure* of encountering? (My husband is older than me and raised in a different time than me).

We can blame video games all we want. Bottom line is, violence has been present in all generations. Yes, even the treasured 1950s. It just presented itself differently. And domestic violence and child abuse was far more acceptable back in my dads day than it is now. Sometimes I feel really out of place generationally here.

Much love to you. I am so sorry, there is no excuse! The violent video games for a disturbed and possibly being abused son/ daughter adds another layer which is not healthy for a developing mind. Your opinion is valued, You are not out of place.

My parents were abusive, I was beaten by a belt and the buckle, it left bruises and welts. I always thought I asked for it because I would roam too far away from my house or say something I shouldn't have. Older girls molested me. I told my mom and after the convo I got the" I don't hug lesbians". One day my mom went to hit my sister with the broom handle for a petty reason and I grabbed it from her and told her she was not going to hurt her. She backed down and discipline turned into grounding instead from then on out.

There are various videos on YouTube which demonstrate various behaviours which are associated with severe autism.

And just for future information...a lot of people with autism get good grades in mainstream classes.

Yes, there are, but that's because autism is a spectrum, which means that while some people with it will be severely affected others will only be mildly so, especially those who would once have been diagnosed with Aspergers.

I suddenly wondered if the stereotypical English "eccentric" might in fact have been at the mild end of the autistic spectrum.

“Students may never again have to walk into the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School's building where a gunman killed 17 people on Wednesday, as the district is proposing to tear it down.

'Parents and students have resoundingly told me they can't go back into that building regardless of what we do' Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie told the Sun Sentinel.

'The other piece I heard is that that building will be used as evidence in any type of legal process that goes forward, so we won't be able to access the building for a while anyway.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-deadly-shooting-torn-down.html#ixzz57KfM0jGz

@white rabbit, I agree with you. I think he was desperately in need of some attention, guidance. I read somewhere his father died soon when he was very young. the absence of a fatherly figure in his life may have also added to his problems. young boys look up to a male figure like a father, uncle, grandfather in their family from whom they can learn to do the regular outdoor stuff, pick up a hobby, learn a skill set. What he did was horribly wrong but I think it could have been avoided if all the red flags were not ignored.

My gosh Flourish I have had the same experiences too, including a mother who came into the classroom on the first day and her first sentence to me -in front of her child!- was "You have to be careful with him because he is not normal" . Still give me the chills to remember it, especially the look on the little one's face who seemed completely used to being introduced like that.

Me too! I have been bitten by a wide range of students and still have the marks on my left arm to prove it.

A coworker at the nonprofit serving families experiencing developmental/intellectual disabilities that I used to work at once had a mom tell her that her son was like a fruit fly.

I can’t even.

I agree and as someone who have had autistic children & teenagers in my classrooms -at least two or three every academic year- in my teaching career it saddens me and shocks me the level of blatant ignorance displayed by some articles and commentators on media about autism. People need to inform themselves about the spectrum.

In 9 years I have never had any violent incidents carried out by autistic children in my classrooms. I only know one person -a friend who teaches in Toulouse, France- who ever experienced violence on the hands of an autistic child. He -8 years old at the time- bite her arm. With the right treatment and personal attention in the three years since that happened he has not done this to anyone else again and he is doing quite well in his emotional development.

I think professinials experiances with any population is obviously influenced by setting

We all know most suffering with autisim does not translate to future mass shooter.

However I had both inpt and special placement where I worked and there was a profound amount of violence.

It is a result of acuity IMO.

Acuity determines placement - and depending on what setting anyone is working does result in different experiences

I think autisms role in some mass shooting episodes is becoming clearer as a result of a couple of things.

Diagnosis studying the illness leads to greater understanding of the illness.

However, Elliot ROgers - directly because he was HF gave amazing insight into (maifeto) what the life of one suffering experiances .

Obviously the more acute don't have that capacity - I found it very educational in terms of learning how the world is experienced by those afflicted.

The Cascade mall shooters history was also informing .

It is hard to study and learn about any mental disorder when the primary symptom is an inability to communicate how life is being experienced.

Like it or not (smile) I have empathy for all of them . They are sick -- imo == it is sadly that simple.

Does that equate with forgiveness kinda

its real result is wishing there was money to
place these folks in long term mental treatment for the rest of their lives .

Should they be free on the streets nope

Should they punished for being sick nope

Again I ask -- dementia can be mean stuff

anyone wanna throw gma in the slammer .

In this day and age in conjunction with the illiness itself there is much more
exposure to violence via the internet.

so.......to ... following the core problem of the spectrum --- being alone, repetition etc it makes some sense that isolating in a room playing around with images and discussion etc of machine guns makes some sense.

I think for some folks they are seeing a 19 year old on the outside . On the inside is
an individual far younger .

Young kids are more malleable than older ones .

Am I saying folks suffering with the illiness are violent. I am not.

I do think however, that the profound rejection the individual with autism experiences does result , understandably in much resentment and feelings of anger and rage.

It is a mean world . The "meanness" transcends all environments.

It is relentless and ever present in any setting.

Psychotic folks are not present enough to "feel " rejection.

Generally for the mood disorders the rejection is not constant.

There are differences.

I think a lot of it (for older folks) is the notion of crazy or not crazy .

Trained or younger folks are more aware of
the subtleties and differences between them

In older generations it appears there is
a lot of pleading insanity is a game.

We do need to acknowledge IMO that there
are instances and people that do horrible things solely as a result of being sick

That is just a reality.

It is the human condition.

And there is still much we dont know.

The release of the 30 or so police calls I think might be very telling in that they willl provide a historic if you will , view into
the severity and progression of this mans illness.

I remain haunted by the call to the father stating (not for a court or a doctor) that their was uncertainty as it relates to wondering if murdering 17 and shooting 14 is "bad"

I can only relate that to a young young child
it is a really open window into this guys lack of awareness of what is acceptable socially

THE hallmark of the illness in and of itself................................

I have no clue if this kid is on the spectrum. I just know that autism doesn't cause people to be mass murderers any more than having brown hair causes someone to commit murder.

cache.php

12362647_537566676401719_89373030_n.jpg

autism-what-every-parent-should-know_5374b55a39e8a.jpg

https://visual.ly/community/infographic/health/autism-spectrum-disorder-0

http://discovermagazine.com/~/media/Images/Issues/2017/July August/ScreenShot20170613at44607PM.jpg

Yes of course. Thank you for asking.

Incredibly, incredibly sad. This guy definitely has a great head on his shoulders... He even managed to stay calm (despite several disrespectful trolls) and express his gratitude to those offering their sympathy. It was especially horrific to read about the students who had to sit there waiting on the cops for 30 minutes while two of their classmates laid dead right beside them.

This tragedy and all others is just so profoundly saddening. Not sure there is anything that can be done to stop the senselessness. I feel the same way I did not long after losing my 22 year old son in an MVA. Like being in a box, unable to get out; there is no resolve.

I think professinials experiances with any population is obviously influenced by setting

We all know most suffering with autisim does not translate to future mass shooter.

However I had both inpt and special placement where I worked and there was a profound amount of violence.

It is a result of acuity IMO.

Acuity determines placement - and depending on what setting anyone is working does result in different experiences

I think autisms role in some mass shooting episodes is becoming clearer as a result of a couple of things.

Diagnosis studying the illness leads to greater understanding of the illness.

However, Elliot ROgers - directly because he was HF gave amazing insight into (maifeto) what the life of one suffering experiances .

Obviously the more acute don't have that capacity - I found it very educational in terms of learning how the world is experienced by those afflicted.

The Cascade mall shooters history was also informing .

It is hard to study and learn about any mental disorder when the primary symptom is an inability to communicate how life is being experienced.

Like it or not (smile) I have empathy for all of them . They are sick -- imo == it is sadly that simple.

Does that equate with forgiveness kinda

its real result is wishing there was money to
place these folks in long term mental treatment for the rest of their lives .

Should they be free on the streets nope

Should they punished for being sick nope

Again I ask -- dementia can be mean stuff

anyone wanna throw gma in the slammer .

In this day and age in conjunction with the illiness itself there is much more
exposure to violence via the internet.

so.......to ... following the core problem of the spectrum --- being alone, repetition etc it makes some sense that isolating in a room playing around with images and discussion etc of machine guns makes some sense.

I think for some folks they are seeing a 19 year old on the outside . On the inside is
an individual far younger .

Young kids are more malleable than older ones .

Am I saying folks suffering with the illiness are violent. I am not.

I do think however, that the profound rejection the individual with autism experiences does result , understandably in much resentment and feelings of anger and rage.

It is a mean world . The "meanness" transcends all environments.

It is relentless and ever present in any setting.

Psychotic folks are not present enough to "feel " rejection.

Generally for the mood disorders the rejection is not constant.

There are differences.

I think a lot of it (for older folks) is the notion of crazy or not crazy .

Trained or younger folks are more aware of
the subtleties and differences between them

In older generations it appears there is
a lot of pleading insanity is a game.

We do need to acknowledge IMO that there
are instances and people that do horrible things solely as a result of being sick

That is just a reality.

It is the human condition.

And there is still much we dont know.

The release of the 30 or so police calls I think might be very telling in that they willl provide a historic if you will , view into
the severity and progression of this mans illness.

I remain haunted by the call to the father stating (not for a court or a doctor) that their was uncertainty as it relates to wondering if murdering 17 and shooting 14 is "bad"

I can only relate that to a young young child
it is a really open window into this guys lack of awareness of what is acceptable socially

THE hallmark of the illness in and of itself................................

You have great points. I have worked with Alzheimer's/ dementia patients who become very combative. I have been cornered before with a patient in a walker, lol. It is interesting and painful to hear that before the disease they were completely opposite, loving and nonviolent. They should not be in jail at all.

I do have an OT question I have been pondering for awhile. Last summer I was vacationing at a condo, the type where the pool is inward where the condo decks are located. One morning I heard a very distraught child yelling at the pool. It went on for sometime, I went out on the deck to see what was going on. I observed a boy about ten moaning and yelling, he was throwing pool furniture around. There was a baby sitter there holding a baby trying to calm him down- at a safe distance. Another lady came out of the condo that they were staying to check on the sitter and the boy. The sitter told her that the boy had been like that all morning and had even broken stuff in the condo. Then an older boy came out and started swimming which calmed the boy down, he was still distraught but seemed to have fun- if that makes sense? My question is what happens to them as they age and are still violent? Where do they go? I have worried for him since...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/16/...am-group/index.html?__twitter_impression=true
Exclusive: Group chat messages show school shooter obsessed with race, violence and guns

Oh my, nasty stuff.

Here is a quote as to buying armor with paycheck:
When it was payday, Cruz let the group know where the money was going to be spent.
"Guys I got paid 330. I am buying body armor," he wrote.
Nikolas Cruz modeling his body armor.
Nikolas Cruz modeling his body armor.
Cruz did purchase the body armor, according to receipts he posted in the chat -- with a $30 discount and free shipping.
Then he asked the group whether it was legal to wear body armor to school.
"School shooters," he replied, when someone asked why he wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro