FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this strange too. How could they not have known anything about him? Just about everyone knew something about him. Why wouldn’t you ask before letting someone in your home? They could have easily asked the school staff especially since they had a child attending there. I would want to protect my child’s well being and know in advance if there was reason to not have my child/family exposed to possible harm.

They have given 2 different accounts on his emotional state. ‘Knew he was depressed but he was getting better.’ The other was something like ‘he was really becoming more depressed.’

Depression and guns should be a cautionary signal to gain more information.

The safe-key thing is odd. First ‘they have a safe and he had to keep his gun in it, aware that he did have a key.’ Now ‘the first day he was going to be moving in he was told he couldn’t until he got a safe. The cabinet was in his room.’ I don’t understand the safety logic of having a ‘weird depressed kid’ keeping his gun in a cabinet in his room with the key?? Makes no sense. Why not keep it in a common space on day one to give you the opportunity of subtle observation?

They knew there was an issue with the previous family about the gun. It would be somewhat natural to reserve complete trust on day one.

The $2900 was ‘just’ common identity theft’, the previous neighbor did not steal from him.’ Proof?

The ramped up ‘monster living under our roof’ comment is insightful. Being as they didn’t do any research prior to him moving in. Very strange and rare for any parent to let go unchecked. I personally don’t know of any that would do it without proper vetting, for everyone’s sake.

What’s the motive?

BBM- My husband and I said the same thing today regarding the article on the gun safe. It doesn't make sense that the Snead's said he had to buy a gun safe before he could move in, then assumed they had the only key. Maybe it was bad reporting, which is pretty common these days?

“Roger Cruz bought the five-bedroom, three-bath home in Pine Tree estates for $94,000 in 1996. By the time he died, he left a $1 million estate, including the house, which by then was worth more than $570,000, county records show.

He and his wife met when they were married to other people, then married later in life after divorces. Gold said he wasn’t sure when the boys were adopted, but they didn’t learn they were adopted until they were in their teens.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200754714.html#storylink=cpy

**faster than I thought, kiddo wanted a turkey and Swiss sandwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link, the article fills in a lot of blanks. I also read this, which I suspected early on after all this hit the news

Lynda Cruz came down with the flu last year and refused to get medical treatment, Gold said. “She was so frugal, she didn’t want to spend the money, she wanted to save everything for the boys,’’ Gold said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200754714.html

Women of her age/generation with minor children are often likely to sacrifice their own health for the sake of their children, sometimes even when there are other alternatives. Learned this from counseling women cancer patients who sometimes refused diagnostic workup and/or treatment for the same reason. For many, it's a cultural or faith based belief that women's lives have less value than that of husbands and children. Sometimes, it's like a passive form of suicide. Of course, we don't know if that was the situation with this family.

The flu type A has been brutal this season. It has taken healthy younger moms quickly from from flu to pneumonia to death in just a few days. It is frightening.

BBM- My husband and I said the same thing today regarding the article on the gun safe. It doesn't make sense that the Snead's said he had to buy a gun safe before he could move in, then assumed they had the only key. Maybe it was bad reporting, which is pretty common these days?

I am pretty sure that information is what they are claiming, and not bad reporting. It doesn't make sense to me either.

New article:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...oting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-was-his-cadet.html

"As Cruz’s leader in Company E — “Echo Company” — Ciaramello tried to instill discipline, pride and a sense of camaraderie in Cruz.

The 350 or so cadets at the Parkland high school in Florida are issued uniforms and T-shirts — with the motto “WHATEVER IT TAKES” over the heart — and they’re required to show the colors as much as possible, or risk demerits.

But last year, Cruz reportedly stopped wearing his JROTC gear. As leader, Ciaramello took notice.

He said Cruz always had an excuse for being out of uniform. Worried Cruz would get kicked out of the corps, Ciaramello asked what it would take to get him to wear his gear.

His request: a Snickers candy bar.

“So I went out to the store, I bought him it, and the next day, there on after, he came in with the uniform every day — T-shirt, uniform, everything,” Ciaramello said.""

Also:

"Cadet Carlos Gutierrez, 14, was in a study hall when police came to rescue them. On his way out of the building, he saw several bodies — including one with the blue pants and distinctive shiny shoes of a JROTC member protruding from a covering.

They’d soon learn that of the 14 students killed, three — Peter Wang, Martin Duque and Alaina Petty — were JROTC members. Witnesses told Wang’s family that the 15-year-old was last seen in his uniform, holding open a door for others to escape."

Lynda Cruz came down with the flu last year and refused to get medical treatment, Gold said. “She was so frugal, she didn’t want to spend the money, she wanted to save everything for the boys,’’ Gold said.

By then she had sold the house and moved into an apartment. When she died, Nikolas Cruz called Gold and asked him if he would drive him to the funeral. The only attendees, Gold said, were Cruz, his brother, Gold and Deschamps.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200754714.html#storylink=cpy

Oh great.

Riverview High receives shooting threat

Just when I was thinking of bicycling to work tomorrow - my bicycle route is a bit different from my driving route to the office, I go by some "back roads" one which goes right by this school.

What in hell is wrong with some of today's kids?

They need to stop with this. It's almost as if they are doing it deliberately to get their names in the media.

Oh great.

Just when I was thinking of bicycling to work tomorrow - my bicycle route is a bit different from my driving route to the office, I go by some "back roads" one which goes right by this school.

They need to stop with this. It's almost as if they are doing it deliberately to get their names in the media.

Some are! Copycat crimes.

Oh great.

Ugh, I feel for you. Last year my child's school had a school shooting threat that said it was going to be the next day. I kept her out that day for precaution. I sent a note in explaining why I kept her home and she still got an Unexcused absence. Nothing occurred thank goodness.

I have friends who's children go to public school (mine are home schooled.)
These 10-16 year old kids were discussing what they would do in an active shooter situation.
They decided that they would lay next to someone bleeding and play dead.

They then demonstrated and asked their mothers to critique their acting.
Did they look dead enough? Unbelievable. :gaah::scared::tantrum::facepalm:

The flu type A has been brutal this season. It has taken healthy younger moms quickly from from flu to pneumonia to death in just a few days. It is frightening.

Yes, we have basically stayed home since December. I leave the kids at home to run to the store. I don't even want my kids leaving the house. It's been terrifying. So far we've just done strep/pneumonia, mystery hives, canker sores and colds. Hopefully I can keep it that way.

I actually thought, there were probably some kids who weren't in school that day because they were sick. So, maybe the flu isn't all bad....

I have friends who's children go to public school (mine are home schooled.) These 10-16 year old kids were discussing what they would do in an active shooter situation. They decided that they would lay next to someone bleeding and play dead.

They then demonstrated and asked their mother to critique their acting. Did they look dead enough? Unbelievable. :gaah::scared::tantrum::facepalm:

OMG, that’s heartbreaking.

This is our America. [emoji174]

Totally agree BUT also brilliant team problem solving. That's a pretty good idea.

Absolutely, these are very bright kids. This was their plan if they were far from the shooter. If they were by the door they had an alternate plan to take him down.

I have anxiety and go through so many "what if" scenarios so I will be prepared for them. I can honestly say this is never one I went over when I was younger. Though I was almost done with school when Columbine occurred. So that probably had something to do with it.

Do classrooms have locks on the doors where the teacher can lock everyone in the class? This would slow a shooter down.

I read where one teacher had covered the window in the door of her classroom which was a good idea IMO.

Totally agree BUT also brilliant team problem solving. That's a pretty good idea.

Our nation’s children should never have to consider playing dead next to a buddy’s corpse to save their own lives while attending school, or anywhere for that matter.

Chilling.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members