FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am understanding this correctly, it looks like Nikolas Cruz will be allowed to keep his public defender, at least for now. Somebody with better knowledge can correct me if I misunderstood.

Source: the Broward clerk's office online public access of the case.

Cop assigned to Florida school 'never went in' amid shooting, sheriff says

Sheriff Scott Israel during a press conference Thursday said video showed Peterson arriving at the west side of the building where the shooting took place. Peterson, Israel said, took up a position but "never went in."

Peterson was armed and in uniform during the shooting, but never entered the building despite "clearly" knowing a shooting was happening, Israel said.

The sheriff said he believes Peterson remained outside of the building for four minutes, while the shooting in total lasted six minutes. Israel said the officer never fired his weapon.

Israel said he's "devastated. Sick to my stomach. There are no words."

Bringing this forward in reference to the post on ‘Facts we sleuths have missed’

So far I haven’t gotten past what I mentioned below yesterday in #330. There is some info about the million dollar printing business to look into. ‘Robert Mark Enterprise’

Connecting the dots from Roger P Cruz obit. Adding this: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/roger-cruz-obituary?pid=2518792&view=guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
I can't believe no one is talking about how there was only one incident involving DCF and it was after NC was 18!
It's seriously hard to believe no one ever called DCF on that family while he was growing up considering there were almost 40 calls to police. [QUOTE{

Gooddeeds: Yes, it is hard to believe, and there is this
‘Robert* Mark Enterprises’ (Westchester). Ive been trying to connect dots to some missing pieces. ‘Weiner’ his partner had ties to medical entities and something brief with LE.

Roger P Cruz is Robert*

I don’t know enough details on the lawsuit she filed for her husbands medical care.

There is a suit filed in 2007 by Robert Mark Enterprise, the plaintiff is ‘Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp’. I can’t get through the JUSTIA firewall for further details. Maybe Gitana can check to see if it amounts to anything.

We don’t have the medical info/names/doctors/hospital on where she was when she passed away, or the preceding clinic visit.

Then there is ‘not going to the doctor to save money’.

Any of these above have anything to do with why allegedly DCF wasn’t called?

The Psychological Trauma of Killing

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...h-becomes-us-the-psychological-trauma-killing

And what about the suffering that comes from being the one who does the killing? According to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman in his book, On Killing, it turns out that people, including soldiers are not “naturally born” to pull the trigger.

In Grossman’s view, it has long been a myth that one of the greatest threats to mental health while at war is the fear of dying. At least as distressing is the act of taking the life of a fellow human being, regardless of nationality or circumstance. This can be seen when soldiers put themselves in danger to avoid having to kill someone else, an act that, in Grossman’s experience, occurs more frequently than we think.

(snip)

Killing is often misrepresented in film as far easier than it is. In reality, the “duty” is mentally taxing, leaving most soldiers physically ill in the moment and often haunted by nightmares for a lifetime. Being responsible for ending the life of another human is a significant source of trauma; trauma that is compounded by factors such as proximity to the victim and the type of weapon used.

He waited outside of the door for 4 minutes? OMG :tantrum:

Article interviewing the ex-boyfriend of Nikolas Cruz's ex girlfriend. This is the boy Cruz fights in a video. I think it'd be interesting to hear what the ex girlfriend has to share but I completely understand her silence. I can't imagine how she is feeling about all of this.:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/student-nikolas-cruz-threatened-kill-photo-guns-months/story?id=53280687

Sabadini said Cruz’s ex-girlfriend told him to ignore the messages, even though they included racial slurs, threats of murder and even of Cruz feeling depressed.
Still, she said Cruz was “misunderstood.” But, according to Sabadini, she added that he had been “violent and abusive” toward her.
Sabadini, who said he was "confused" by Cruz’s hostility, chose not to respond to the messages again. But he and his friends reported the incident to school officials.
It was unclear whether Cruz was ever disciplined for those messages.
"Even though Nikolas wanted to kill my son, I believe he’s the 18th victim. His life is over, too. He is obviously very, very troubled," she told ABC News in a separate interview.

The Psychological Trauma of Killing

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...h-becomes-us-the-psychological-trauma-killing

And what about the suffering that comes from being the one who does the killing? According to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman in his book, On Killing, it turns out that people, including soldiers are not “naturally born” to pull the trigger.

In Grossman’s view, it has long been a myth that one of the greatest threats to mental health while at war is the fear of dying. At least as distressing is the act of taking the life of a fellow human being, regardless of nationality or circumstance. This can be seen when soldiers put themselves in danger to avoid having to kill someone else, an act that, in Grossman’s experience, occurs more frequently than we think.

(snip)

Killing is often misrepresented in film as far easier than it is. In reality, the “duty” is mentally taxing, leaving most soldiers physically ill in the moment and often haunted by nightmares for a lifetime. Being responsible for ending the life of another human is a significant source of trauma; trauma that is compounded by factors such as proximity to the victim and the type of weapon used.

This is why I think it's absolutely absurd to expect teachers to be the ones opening fire on someone. That's crazy talk.

beep beep breaking

apparently the school officer was in position to go after him and chickened out

suspended.

msnbc

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...r-Who-Was-at-Parkland-Shooting-474889753.html

he just resigned

Remember that earlier NY Times article that said the school resource officer refused to cooperate in one of the pre-massacre investigations into NC? I wonder if this is the same guy. Will try to find the article.

ETA: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html

This is why I think it's absolutely absurd to expect teachers to be the ones opening fire on someone. That's crazy talk.

I agree. And as one of the Parkland teachers pointed out during the CNN town hall last night, now she’s supposed to educate the children, learn how to use a gun to protect the children and trust the swat team won’t shoot HER when they walk into a classroom during a chaotic situation and see an adult with a gun.

Well, that ain't good.

No not good, but the immediate actions taken by LE in response to it are restorative in nature. As opposed to trying to lessen it in any way possible.

We don’t see much of any disciplines taking place anymore among authoritative sources. I hope this begins a renewed outlook for that to change.

No not good, but the immediate actions taken by LE in response to it are restorative in nature. As opposed to trying to lessen it in any way possible.

We don’t see much of any disciplines taking place anymore among authoritative sources. I hope this begins a renewed outlook for that to change.

Yes, I completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure earlier some people were asking who planned Lynda Cruz's funeral and wondering why nobody else attending besides the Cruz sons, Gold, and Deschamps. Here's an article that may reveal that answer:

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/ne...-police-earlier-he-threatened-guns/365182002/

This quote makes it seem like maybe Rocxanne was the one who planned it. Maybe she didn't invite the extended Cruz family? This is only speculation though.

Paul Gold, Deschamps former boyfriend, took Cruz to his mother’s funeral, which was only attended by Gold, Deschamps and the two Cruz sons. Gold said Cruz seemed more on edge afterward than on his way there.
“He was pissed, pissed at Roxcanne,” he said. “He was very upset nobody showed up to his mother’s funeral. That almost upset him more than her death.”

Cop assigned to Florida school 'never went in' amid shooting, sheriff says

Sheriff Scott Israel during a press conference Thursday said video showed Peterson arriving at the west side of the building where the shooting took place. Peterson, Israel said, took up a position but "never went in."

Peterson was armed and in uniform during the shooting, but never entered the building despite "clearly" knowing a shooting was happening, Israel said.

The sheriff said he believes Peterson remained outside of the building for four minutes, while the shooting in total lasted six minutes. Israel said the officer never fired his weapon.

Israel said he's "devastated. Sick to my stomach. There are no words."

This is sickening!!!

I'm pretty sure earlier some people were asking who planned Lynda Cruz's funeral and wondering why nobody else attending besides the Cruz sons, Gold, and Deschamps. Here's an article that may reveal that answer:

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/ne...-police-earlier-he-threatened-guns/365182002/

This quote makes it seem like maybe Rocxanne was the one who planned it. Maybe she didn't invite the extended Cruz family? This is only speculation though.

Paul Gold, Deschamps former boyfriend, took Cruz to his mother’s funeral, which was only attended by Gold, Deschamps and the two Cruz sons. Gold said Cruz seemed more on edge afterward than on his way there.
“He was pissed, pissed at Roxcanne,” he said. “He was very upset nobody showed up to his mother’s funeral. That almost upset him more than her death.”

Could be she wanted to keep the death under wraps because of the $$$.

Sickening is not the word! These victims , families and students had so many mishaps in this tragedy! Thank god for the officer that found the SOB as he could have gotten away with murder. What was Peterson getting paid to do exactly?

Could be she wanted to keep the death under wraps because of the $$$.

Possibly, but given the socioeconomic background of the area, money does not seem to be an issue. This is parkland, FL that avg. household value is 900k thats in 2008 during a recession. Also its not like a relative can just waltz up and claim their inheritance. If your implying his mother planned a small funeral to hide money, would you not assume she would also pay a lawyer to keep a lock tight legal death will ?

Possibly, but given the socioeconomic background of the area, money does not seem to be an issue. This is parkland, FL that avg. household value is 900k thats in 2008 during a recession. Also its not like a relative can just waltz up and claim their inheritance. If your implying his mother planned a small funeral to hide money, would you not assume she would also pay a lawyer to keep a lock tight legal death will ?

I think OP was referring to the guardian, not the mom. The mom was clearly frugal, and she had no will according to MSM.

New article, some new details:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201684874.html

A “peer counselor” reports to Peterson that Cruz had possibly ingested gasoline in a suicide attempt, was cutting himself and wanted to buy a gun.
Katherine Blaine, Lynda Cruz’s cousin, calls BSO to report that Nikolas Cruz had weapons and asks that police recover them. A “close family friend” agrees to take the firearms, according to BSO.
A caller from Massachusetts calls BSO to report that Cruz is collecting guns and knives and could be a “school shooter in the making.” A BSO deputy advises the caller to contact the Palm Beach sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB