FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My nephews school serves sushi, healthy wraps, made to order paninis, grilled chicken salad etc. My stepkids the same but no sushi. I guess it depends where you live.

Jeepers, I think I should have gone to school in your area. (But we liked most of our school lunches.... way back when)

Jeepers, I think I should have gone to school in your area. (But we liked most of our school lunches.... way back when)

I didn’t have sushi or paninis. We had fake pizza or sandwiches. And those slightly undercooked cookies I previously mentioned. And I did just fine, and enjoyed my turkey and provolone on a bagel. But kids are treated differently these days hah.

Snipped from KITTYTHEHARE Post

[QUOTE I’ve been following the case, but not here and from a totally different perspective and my honest impression was that Broward Co Dept did an amazing communications job-*no comparison what soever to LVPD.. and were really communicating with transparency and integrity. and I was hugely grateful...QUOTE]

HEY KITTY!
Night and day?!?! If it turns out to be not real communication with fake transparency and fake integrity...we can still be grateful that we recognize there is a real difference conceptually and call it what it is!

***no comparison what soeverrrrr to LVPD***###

Snipped from KITTYTHEHARE Post

[QUOTE I’ve been following the case, but not here and from a totally different perspective and my honest impression was that Broward Co Dept did an amazing communications job-*no comparison what soever to LVPD.. and were really communicating with transparency and integrity. and I was hugely grateful...QUOTE]

HEY KITTY!
Night and day?!?! If it turns out to be not real communication with fake transparency and fake integrity...we can still be grateful that we recognize there is a real difference conceptually and call it what it is!

***no comparison what soeverrrrr to LVPD***###
I wANT it to be sincere.. I really do..
But I could be dead wrong and I have not yet read all or even half the posts here..

I was left brain fried and totally disillusioned following LV..
I kNEW it could be better- nYPD. etc..
The whole gun manufacturer having a say in the making of legislation deeply deeply disturbs me.

Yeah, like a breath of fresh air.

I wANT it to be sincere.. I really do..
But I could be dead wrong and I have not yet read all or even half the posts here..

I was left brain fried and totally disillusioned following LV..
I kNEW it could be better- nYPD. etc..
The whole gun manufacturer having a say in the making of legislation deeply deeply disturbs me.

Yeah, like a breath of fresh air.

Sincerity would be a great reprieve for us all. The victims need it, and it matters.

I eat school lunches quite frequently. Some of them I am not a fan of but others are very good. Some schools even have pizzas delivered and other items delivered in for lunches
It seems like such an inexpensive way to have more law enforcement on campuses. Maybe it will work maybe it won't, but it seems like something so easy and inexpensive to try.

It is an idea, but aren’t LE entitled to,duty free meals and breaks? They need less stress, not more.

If the public does not want to deal with the problem of weapons that shred the inside of human beings, they are going to have to pony up huge cash, or as usual, just forget it ever happemed until the mext one and the next one, etc etc erc

It is an idea, but aren’t LE entitled to,duty free meals and breaks? They need less stress, not more.

If the public does not want to deal with the problem of weapons that shred the inside of human beings, they are going to have to pony up huge cash, or as usual, just forget it ever happemed until the mext one and the next one, etc etc erc
You make a good point. It would have to be established that this is thier break time and they are not there to handle non emergency calls, just like when they take thier breaks at a restaurant. I know that the convenience store chain I used to work for would give officers coffee as a way have having a police presence. It was believed that a person would be less likely rob the business knowing that any time police officer may show up.

Hearing for Florida school shooting suspect canceled
Kelli Kennedy, Brendan Farrington and Curt Anderson, Associated Press

Parkland, Fla. – A Tuesday morning hearing in the criminal case against the suspect accused in the Florida high school shooting has been canceled.

Prosecutors are seeking to obtain hair samples, fingerprints, DNA and photographs of Nikolas Cruz, 19. The hearing was removed from the court docket and no explanation was immediately available.

Cruz, who has been charged with 17 counts of murder, was not expected to appear in court because he waived his right to attend the hearing. He is being held without bail at the Broward County Jail...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ting-florida-massacre-nikolas-cruz/110884488/

How one Florida Republican came to support a ban on assault firearms after the school shooting

brian_mast.jpg.size-custom-crop.1086x0.jpg

A few days later he published a column in the New York Times declaring his support for a ban on “assault or tactical” firearms; a requirement for background checks on all gun purchases, including online and private sales; and a ban on accessories such as “bump stocks,” which allow guns to simulate the rapid fire of fully automatic weapons.

In 2010 in Afghanistan, Mast stepped on an IED while trying to clear a path for Army Rangers, beginning a long recovery process, including a stint at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. In 2013, the Michigan native moved to Florida — Parkland, to be precise.

Word got around that a wounded warrior was moving in, so Aaron Feis gathered up some of the school’s football and lacrosse players, unprompted. The assistant football coach, who was also a security guard, led the players in helping their new neighbour’s family unpack their boxes.

(This probably belongs in both this thread and gun control however I`ll leave that up to the mods to determine.)

The hearing was to request DNA samples. He has agreed to give them willingly, so the hearing was cancelled.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-give-dna-to-prosecutors-lawyer-idUSKCN1GB0K8
Broward County prosecutors and Cruz’s publicly appointed defender, Gordon Weekes, reached a deal late Monday to provide those samples, making the hearing unnecessary, Weekes said.

“There was no reason to push back,” Weekes said. “It was a routine motion that the state attorney had filed. We submitted an agreed order and there was no need for a court to hear the motion.”

Cruz’s case is due to return to court on Wednesday when a hearing will determine whether he has sufficient assets to pay for his own defense, Weekes said. Cruz’s mother died in November.

There's a new article on Sun Sentinel website about NC refusing mental health counseling once he turned 18.
I've used up my free articles, can someone post it, might be interesting.
thanks

There's a new article on Sun Sentinel website about NC refusing mental health counseling once he turned 18.
I've used up my free articles, can someone post it, might be interesting.
thanks

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sun-...ting-runcie-interview-20180226-story,amp.html

“When Nikolas Cruz turned 18, he refused to let the school district continue providing him with crucial mental health and other services — and there was nothing officials could do about it, Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Monday.

Federal law tied their hands, he said, and also prevented them from forcing Cruz to attend a school for special needs students.

Even if the school believed he posed a danger to others, they couldn’t remove him based on what he did previously, experts say. As a special needs student, Cruz had certain federal protections. When he gave them up, the school still had to wait for a new reason to transfer him to an alternative school or to expel him.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikolas Cruz refused mental health services once he reached 18, Runcie says

When Nikolas Cruz turned 18, he refused to let the school district continue providing him with crucial mental health and other services — and there was nothing officials could do about it, Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Monday.

Federal law tied their hands, he said, and also prevented them from forcing Cruz to attend a school for special needs students...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...shooting-runcie-interview-20180226-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member