FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know this how? Has anyone ever stated that knows GZ said was nice to everyone except African Americans?

His black friend was immediately discounted as a "token" friend. Nothing GZ has ever done will be looked upon favorably imo.

They would manage to do SOMETHING, is the deal. They may not be able to complete the attempt at contact, but they would do something - ask their moms for help, go on facebook with an open plea for anyone who knows Trayvon's dad, etc.

I don't know what the girlfriend said about why she didn't do anything after that seemingly horrific end to their conversation. Considering they had been on the phone for 6.5 hours that day, this isn't just some casual acquaintance - so I really don't know what to make of her keeping it to herself that her boyfriend was (from her perspective) attacked and then unreachable after that.

I don't know what to make of that at all.

Over a dropped phone call? Do you know how many times calls get dropped? Your comparision included the fact that the friends knew something horrible happened to your child. I would expect that would change the urgency and how you go about getting ahold of parents. The GF did not know Trayvon was shot dead. Heck, LE with all their resources and a victim with a phone on him didn't even contact his own parents in a timely manner and we expect a 17 year old to?

Well, so, a strange guy is walking down your street with hands in his pockets, looking like TM with the grill, not TM the 12 year old pilot, 6 foot 3 in baggy clothes and you're going to be thinking, gee, what a nice guy? C'mon! REALLY? Everyone would be terrified! I would have been! Sorry if that makes me a racist. I would have been terrified by anyone that fit that description, regardless of race!

Ok, seriously? First thing you should correct in that post is the grill comment. No where is it said that TM had a grill in, not to mention that GZ wouldn't see it and certainly didn't mention it in his statement. The rest....well you are certainly entitled to your own stereo types. Being fearful and avoiding that person is your prerogative, pursuing them and killing them is a whole other thing.

In an interview i read last night, Trayvon's dad said Trayvon had been trying to get permission to leave the house all day, and finally came up with the plan to go get skittles because maybe THEN they'd let him leave. (Nothing sinister there, I can see him wanting to stretch his legs and have a private conversation with his girlfriend. This paints a picture of a father who has a stranglehold on him, which is in keeping with his desire to refocus Trayvon after the suspension from school.)

So he came up with this errand to go get Skittles, which he did.

At that point, he never returned and the dad who had been keeping such a hawkish eye on him doesn't do anything or even think anything suspicious.

What's not being said here? How can those two things be true - the Dad was really keeping close tabs on him, and then completely ignored that he went missing and decided maybe he ended up with a cousin at the movies.

His black friend was immediately discounted as a "token" friend. Nothing GZ has ever done will be looked upon favorably imo.

His black friend later admitted that he wasn't really much of a "friend." More like an uncle, and a previous co-worker.

I think he would if he planned to shoot TM but it does not appear he did. It just appears to me things did not go the way GZ had anticipated and either got out of his control (like the woman he picked up and threw at the bar) and he reacted, or he thought his life was in danger as he states.

I think a few people here think he was out for blood. But I think he lost control of a situation he started with the call to LE. I do not think he ever intended to shoot TM otherwise he would have never thrown his hands onto his head (witness reported) as if "Oh, *****". Heat of the moment kind of thing is what I think happened, words exchanged and they were off. Does not mean TM was the aggressor. Because of the information about what happened when GZ was fired from his bouncer job (because he threw a woman in a fit of rage thing), I could believe GZ may have initiated the fight by grabbing TM. It is just as possible for that to have happened as it would have been for TM to have grabbed GZ. GZ knows the truth but we should not be hearing versions as more and more information is released that do not support his original statement as we know it to be. jmo

I think along the same lines, LC. I don't think he went out hunting for someone to shoot. I do feel he has some racial bias along with a need to be the 'big man on campus' type guy with a healthy dose of bad temper. A recipe for disaster. A young man is dead and he needs to pay the piper. IMO

Never realized a private citizen could be "racial profiling". That is something only LE can do.

Well, it seems to me that George Zimmerman never realized he was just a private citizen. Even his friends compare him to LE...:moo:

He was a "token" friend. Apparently you didn't catch Lawrence O'Donnell's program on MSNBC the other night where Oliver had to finally admit that he didn't really know Zimmerman at all.

Zimmerman’s “Black Friend” Exposed As Fraud

http://newsone.com/nation/afisher/joe-oliver-lawrence-o-donnell-last-call-interview/

If you'd like, there's about 22,800,000 results for this on Google, I can pull everyone of them up and link them if you so desire.

I do not put a lot of faith in what the GF says. I can not see how someone who cares would not try to contact anyone in his family.If she did not have the moms phone number she could have went to his house,I would think a GF knew where he lived.IMO She is young and feels very guilty for not calling 911 to get him help.She might even want to make sure GZ pays for what happened to TM.IMO If she had to be hospitalized how can she remember word for word?She did not think he was in mortal danger or she would have at least called 911,told them TM was in Sanford and she could no longer reach him.Something about the dad finding her after he got the call logs means she never came forward to his family.To me that is extremely odd,no one in her family could call TM's family to tell about this call.Just does not sit right with me.JMO To insure GZ is arrested and tried for killing her boyfriend she might be remembering what others are telling her she heard.She had no idea this was their last phone call and to remember it weeks later word for word I for one take it with a large grain of salt.JMO,IMO

Ok, seriously? First thing you should correct in that post is the grill comment. No where is it said that TM had a grill in, not to mention that GZ wouldn't see it and certainly didn't mention it in his statement. The rest....well you are certainly entitled to your own stereo types. Being fearful and avoiding that person is your prerogative, pursuing them and killing them is a whole other thing.

There was a previous discussion, and a facebook photo with Trayvon that appeared he had a grill. Then the discussion went on to say some people don't know any young people who don't have grills - something that isn't a part of my world, but okay.

He appears to have a grill.

It's not based on a stereotype, TM posted pics of himself with a grill. It is also in debate whether the shooting was in self defense or not. GZ certainly didn't just follow TM and shoot him for fun. (Don't know why he would call LE before doing that).

just because something is legal doesnt always make it right. But thats my opinion.

Maybe he never saw any that looked suspect.

IF that is true, that makes the point. Why is it that white kids were never 'suspicious'? With so MANY calls to 911, and with the racial mix in the area, that is an interesting factor, if indeed he never called about white teenagers.

Would he have felt a white teenager walking in the rain that night was "suspicious". We can never know for sure and I'm sure he would NOW claim yes, but all we can do is look at the past history to draw logical conclusions.

So the HUGE question is: did GZ's hinky meter ONLY go off when a person of AA heritage was involved??

I bet some of his past co-workers might lend clues on that.

And you know this how? Has anyone ever stated that knows GZ said was nice to everyone except African Americans?

Do we disregard the fact that GZ went around warning his neighbors about young black males? Not about YOUNG MALES, but young black males.

In an interview i read last night, Trayvon's dad said Trayvon had been trying to get permission to leave the house all day, and finally came up with the plan to go get skittles because maybe THEN they'd let him leave. (Nothing sinister there, I can see him wanting to stretch his legs and have a private conversation with his girlfriend. This paints a picture of a father who has a stranglehold on him, which is in keeping with his desire to refocus Trayvon after the suspension from school.)

So he came up with this errand to go get Skittles, which he did.

At that point, he never returned and the dad who had been keeping such a hawkish eye on him doesn't do anything or even think anything suspicious.

What's not being said here? How can those two things be true - the Dad was really keeping close tabs on him, and then completely ignored that he went missing and decided maybe he ended up with a cousin at the movies.

Can you provide a link to this interview that you read last night?

~jmo~

I do not put a lot of faith in what the GF says. I can not see how someone who cares would not try to contact anyone in his family.If she did not have the moms phone number she could have went to his house,I would think a GF knew where he lived.IMO She is young and feels very guilty for not calling 911 to get him help.She might even want to make sure GZ pays for what happened to TM.IMO If she had to be hospitalized how can she remember word for word?She did not think he was in mortal danger or she would have at least called 911,told them TM was in Sanford and she could no longer reach him.Something about the dad finding her after he got the call logs means she never came forward to his family.To me that is extremely odd,no one in her family could call TM's family to tell about this call.Just does not sit right with me.JMO To insure GZ is arrested and tried for killing her boyfriend she might be remembering what others are telling her she heard.She had no idea this was their last phone call and to remember it weeks later word for word I for one take it with a large grain of salt.JMO,IMO

Let's be fair to her, she is a minor and we have no idea what she was thinking or what she really told TM to do, nor do we know what TM told her.

Joe Oliver?

http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/28/10907833-joe-oliver-my-role-doesnt-make-sense -

~"You don’t really know George Zimmerman if you don’t know those things about George Zimmerman," Blow charged, throwing cold water on the depth of their interactions.

While he continued to stand by Zimmerman's character, perhaps, Oliver said it best himself, "My role in this just doesn't make sense."~ Article includes links to a 2 part interview that JO did on The Last Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr