FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the classic case of the 'telephone' game? None of those people, other than Zimmerman, saw the events first hand. They are all relaying a story told to them.

They are speaking on his behalf; however.

~jmo~

You know that could be true but I don't usually run a background check on some nice young man who holds the door for me. I usually smile, say thank you and think to myself now there is a child whose mother/parent has raised him to be respectful. You get what you give and this case has certainly proved that. Attitudes tend to reflect back on the person who originates the contact. So what exactly was GZ's attitude that day. Was he practicing to be an Officer Friendly....or was he looking to make a bust of someone intent on criminal behavior???? The answer is pretty much clear from the back seats here as they are from the front ones. jmo

Ted Bundy was well known for opening doors and being very respectful, too, all with a big charming smile. in FACT, his MO was to offer kindly help to women who took him up on his gentlemanly offer and then knock them off their feet with one unexpected brutal punch they never saw coming. :(

As a matter of fact, we now are up to Zimmerman 7.0 on the story to be precise. Seven different versions between Zimmerman, his friend Taaffe, his buddy Oliver, his brother, and his father.

~jmo~

I do not hear different stories at all.
I hear the GZ side, and I hear the TM side as different
But NOP GZ is not changing his story, he is just being asked
more questions and more pieces come to light.

Not sure what you're getting at. He was legally carrying the firearm. If TM attacked him, he legally used it. I don't think GZ was "mad" or had a temper that night, there's certainly no evidence of it. He called 9-11 first, he didn't just start shooting.

You should never carry a gun into a situation where you might get angry.
If you are saying that this wasnt a situation where george might get angey. Then I apologize. I misread that situation.

Yes, he had a phone and was on the phone when the altercation began.

LE had his phone right away - now I'm stepping into stuff I don't know for sure - I believe it was locked and they couldn't get into it, and when he was identified the family refused to give them permission to unlock the phone so they had to get a warrant to do it.

BBM

You know this isn't true don't you? You know what else has been reported that you left out don't you?

It's a transcript, with direct quotes. Her word choice is kind of unusual - "he come and said", "I come and said" - it wasn't someone paraphrasing. It's a couple pages back in this thread.

It sounds like something a kid would say, as if she were speaking within her own group of friends. It's how some kids talk from the inner city. So it was someone quoting someone quoting someone who read her transcript. I don't believe her true statement was ever released just someone quoting what she said. If you have a link to the transcript that was officially released it would be interesting to read. jmo

You're right. Captain George DID know he was just a kid.

So an armed ex bar room bouncer chased down and killed an unarmed boy less than 7 minutes after first laying eyes on him, because he thought the 140 lb skinny kid was gonna hurt him?

Let me give you a little perspective.

At 17 years of age, I was 6'3" tall and weighed 220 lbs. Before my 18th birthday I suited up as a middle linebacker for The University of Georgia.

Captain George was afraid of a 140 lb kid? We had cheerleaders bigger than that.

BBM
Interestingly, the fact is that the co-worker definitively said that he was a bouncer....not at a bar....but for illegal house parties. I think many people here may not know what that is, but the information is more informative than one might realize. These parties are held in large unoccupied homes that are rented out for a few days by "party sponsors" to hold large money making parties. They are illegal for a number of reasons not the least of which are zoning laws, lack of liquor licenses and a variety of those type of violations. They are illegal for the rampant use of drugs and alcohol, prostitution, and property damage that occurs to the rented home and the surrounding neighborhoods. If the concept isn't clear....think Risky Business style parties, but at a rented out home where the homeowner is unaware of what type of party is being held......

The involvement of GZ as an employee of these "sponsors" actually says a lot about his character, IMO, of course.

jmo etc.

edited to add a link to one example.....as I know someone will ask....

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/sandy-springs-cracking-down-on-illegal-house-parti/nJZht/

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ect----And-Illegal----for-Party-53889977.html

and this one gives a quick summary of the New York Daily News report on the interview with GZ's co-worke
http://skydancingblog.com/tag/illegal-house-parties/

Has GZ called 911 on white kids that looked suspect?

I would think he would call 911 on anyone, no matter what race if something looked suspect and not just on someone of AA descent.

My kid's friends could contact me fairly quickly if there was a problem as horrible as this, and they were the only ones who knew what happened.

I do understand, though, her hesitancy to get LE involved. I've had situations where I was worried about where my sons were but hesitated to call for help fearing they'd be found at a party with alcohol, or worse.

I think she was somewhere between worrying about him and not wanting to call the attention of LE on him.

Your kids friends could contact you from 250 miles away if they didn't know where you live, didn't have your number, and maybe never met you? What hesitation did the GF have in contacting the authorities?

I would think he would call 911 on anyone, no matter what race if something looked suspect and not just on someone of AA descent.

You see my point though right? Because if it comes out that he routinely called 911 on kids of all color, it takes the racist allegation down a few notches.

I live in the Bronx, Songline..funny, I don't feel nervous when walking alone. I'm Italian married to a Puero Rican...and I feel very safe in my neighborhood. All the kids wear their pants hanging, do rags, dreds...but they have no bearing on my safety...unless they actually come towards me, then your fear sets in...but people are people, fads are fads and one shouldn't go by what they wear to say someone is a or not..that's judging a book by it's cover and stereotyping....
I agree, where I was is a rough area. Really rough.
The owner sometimes drove me home if it was getting a little dark, I used to leave by 4 if I was there.
And many days I worked from home.

Ted Bundy was well known for opening doors and being very respectful, too, all with a big charming smile. in FACT, his MO was to offer kindly help to women who took him up on his gentlemanly offer and then knock them off their feet with one unexpected brutal punch they never saw coming. :(

You are talking about a serial killer. To my knowledge, where I live, dead bodies are not turning up so I feel pretty safe smiling at that young male who is polite enough to stand and wait for me to get to the door and sometimes holds it while I enter. So I will continue to smile and hope they are not planning on hitting me over the head with that bag of Skittles they just purchased. But thanks for the warning. jmo

Not sure what you're getting at. He was legally carrying the firearm. If TM attacked him, he legally used it. I don't think GZ was "mad" or had a temper that night, there's certainly no evidence of it. He called 9-11 first, he didn't just start shooting.
HE sound calm on the 911 call not angrey in the least bit.

You see my point though right? Because if it comes out that he routinely called 911 on kids of all color, it takes the racist allegation down a few notches.

Yes, I do see your point.

BBM
Interestingly, the fact is that the co-worker definitively said that he was a bouncer....not at a bar....but for illegal house parties. I think many people here may not know what that is, but the information is more informative than one might realize. These parties are held in large unoccupied homes that are rented out for a few days by "party sponsors" to hold large money making parties. They are illegal for a number of reasons not the least of which are zoning laws, lack of liquor licenses and a variety of those type of violations. They are illegal for the rampant use of drugs and alcohol, prostitution, and property damage that occurs to the rented home and the surrounding neighborhoods. If the concept isn't clear....think Risky Business style parties, but at a rented out home where the homeowner is unaware of what type of party is being held......

The involvement of GZ as an employee of these "sponsors" actually says a lot about his character, IMO, of course.

jmo etc.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

I will point out, however, just terms like Risky Business, rampant use of drugs and alcohol, prostitution, and property damage tells me Captain George would need to be an even badder fire breathing, bullet proof bad azz to work there compared to a more civilized club environment.

Makes it even harder to believe his claims of being afraid of a skinny 17 year old boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214