FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point here is that no white teenagers EVER looked suspicious to GZ, as far as we know. This information will probably come out as it is investigated.

And I believe that neither would Trayvon that night had he been white and dressed differently. Oh, and maybe hung his head, called GZ sir, and ran all the way straight home after being "suspected".

If young black men were targeting my neighborhood,robbing my neighbors I would be more suspicious of young black men.Many stores do not want hoodies covering faces and if you watch the news,if they show a robbery on tape most have on hoodies.It is a fact they are used to hide as much of a perps face as possible.Do we know if his hoodie was xxxlarge to cover his face ?

There was a previous discussion, and a facebook photo with Trayvon that appeared he had a grill. Then the discussion went on to say some people don't know any young people who don't have grills - something that isn't a part of my world, but okay.

He appears to have a grill.

Grills are removable...Are you sure Trayvon had one in that night? GZ described a button on his shirt, did he miss a big shiny gold grill?

<br />

Songline responded:
I agree, where I was is a rough area. Really rough. <br />
The owner sometimes drove me home if it was getting a little dark, I used to leave by 4 if I was there. <br />
And many days I worked from home.

ONELOVE:

What I read in this post is that she feels safe in spite of the fashion choices of the kids and their skin color. She ONLY feels they are 'suspicious' IF they come towards her, NOT because of the way they look.

And GZ reported Trayvon as "up to no good" before his claim that Trayvon came towards him. And now we have information that Trayvon may have HAD to come towards him to pass him to get home.

BBM

BUT BUT BUT... what we do not know is how TM was walking. We really do not know and we never will,
because there was no one out in the rain...WHAT IF, I SAID IF IF IF...
What if TM did act suspicious? What if he DID looked at the building in a way to size up who is or
who is not home. I am not accusing.
I am suggesting that everyman know his trade better then the layman, this I do know for sure.
Just as a Lawyer can cut to the chase by asking a few pertinent questions that get to the point.
And a real estate person broker can assess your needs; a watchman can assess what looks suspicious.

He went out to get his brother skittles but did not return and no one was concerned?? His dad said he thought he was with his cousin, but he told his soon to be brother he was going to go get him candy so was he lying to his soon to be brother? This is important. How long was he gone? What time did he leave the house? What time is he on the video at the store? Was he wandering around the neighborhood potentially looking to steal something? This goes to character. Either he was going to get candy like they said and then they should have been concerned when he didn't return and noticed the commotion down the street or he was just going out and there was no real time for him to come back.

Do we disregard the fact that GZ went around warning his neighbors about young black males? Not about YOUNG MALES, but young black males.

Black males were the ones committing crimes in the area - 8 burglaries to be exact. Should he have warned them about middle aged white women?

I think a 4 year old would call 911 for a legitimate reason, where GZ would do it if someone 'looked funny'.
when my 17 yr old was 2 he learned about 911 I left him at my parents so I could go to work my mom must of been at work too, anyway my dad went to the restroom and while he was in there Matt dialed 911 and left the phone off the hook the police had the house surrounded by the time my dad came out of the rr. It was a very quiet sub-division my Dad still loves to tell that story

Over a dropped phone call? Do you know how many times calls get dropped? Your comparision included the fact that the friends knew something horrible happened to your child. I would expect that would change the urgency and how you go about getting ahold of parents. The GF did not know Trayvon was shot dead. Heck, LE with all their resources and a victim with a phone on him didn't even contact his own parents in a timely manner and we expect a 17 year old to?

:what: he just finishd saying that a man is following him. not over a droped phone call. :what:

Black males were the ones committing crimes in the area - 8 burglaries to be exact. Should he have warned them about middle aged white women?

He should have warned them to stay vigilant. To be aware of the particular crime, and to look out for ANYONE who seemed to be acting suspicious or casing houses.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-22/...ent-officers-investigation-shot?_s=PM:JUSTICE -

"Zimmerman attended a four-month law-enforcement program in 2008 at the sheriff's office, said Kim Cannaday, spokeswoman for the Seminole County sheriff's office." -

BBM - does anyone know what type of program that was?
Tensions still simmer in Trayvon Martin shooting case
By Bianca Prieto and Robert Nolin, Orlando Sentinel
9:51 PM CDT, March 17, 2012

(Note: This was originally in the Orlando Sentinal but this is the only link I have for it.)

"Though there are no enrollment records suggesting Zimmerman has attended a law-enforcement academy, he carried a concealed weapon and expressed his desire to wear a badge. He's currently enrolled in a general education program at Valencia Community College.

"I hold law enforcement officers in the highest regard as I hope to one day become one," Zimmerman wrote in a 2008 application to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office citizen's law enforcement academy, a class that teaches citizens about policing and how the Sheriff's Office works."

BBM :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Funny :)

AND GZ succeeded in getting a couple of bad boys apprehended.
so he actually was doing a good job.

In an interview i read last night, Trayvon's dad said Trayvon had been trying to get permission to leave the house all day, and finally came up with the plan to go get skittles because maybe THEN they'd let him leave. (Nothing sinister there, I can see him wanting to stretch his legs and have a private conversation with his girlfriend. This paints a picture of a father who has a stranglehold on him, which is in keeping with his desire to refocus Trayvon after the suspension from school.)

So he came up with this errand to go get Skittles, which he did.

At that point, he never returned and the dad who had been keeping such a hawkish eye on him doesn't do anything or even think anything suspicious.

What's not being said here? How can those two things be true - the Dad was really keeping close tabs on him, and then completely ignored that he went missing and decided maybe he ended up with a cousin at the movies.

Didn't TM's father say TM said he might go to the movies later with his cousin and that is why he believed he was not home yet. And the fact TM did not answer the calls would lead him to believe his son was probably at the movies. Why would he see a red flag? jmo

He should have warned them to stay vigilant. To be aware of the particular crime, and to look out for ANYONE who seemed to be acting suspicious or casing houses.

Yes but GZ did see TM and to him he was acting suspicious.He was looking at houses walking very slow,probably thought he was taking to himself(drugs)if he did not see his ear bud in the dark.

Didn't TM's father say TM said he might go to the movies later with his cousin and that is why he believed he was not home yet. And the fact TM did not answer the calls would lead him to believe his son was probably at the movies. Why would he see a red flag? jmo

Because he never came home with the candy for the little brother. Moo

Agree to disagree :)

:waitasec: You disagree that he was a privet citizen off duty at the time?
:waitasec: Or do you disagree that he was not LE?
in either case the facts are simple.
GZ was on his way to the store - as a privet citizen.
He does not work for LE, and he was not on call as the neighborhood watchman at the time.

PRIVET CITIZENS HAVE RIGHTS.

Grills are removable...Are you sure Trayvon had one in that night? GZ described a button on his shirt, did he miss a big shiny gold grill?

Ya know......I have wondered about that "button", wonder what it said and if it was possibly something that set GZ off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr