FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there still an active restraining order for GZ from his previous GF?

Quoting myself instead of ETA'ing, as this thread moves so quickly:

I'm also going to say that we clearly see in this thread how racial bias is prevalent, even in people who CLAIM they aren't. To be horrifically in fear of a person solely because they have a "grill", etc., is telling us a lot about how NOT very far we have come in stereotyping people. I would no more consider a make-up wearing, suv driving, liposuctioned middleaged housewife to be a worthless alcoholic 'suburban hooker' on Prozac than I would consider a grilled AA teenager to be a , but I DO know plenty of people that DO have that opinion of strumped up women.

There are lots of ways in which people reveal their prejudices. To say that the gf not calling back IMMEDIATELY in a panic, or the father was at fault for not calling SOON ENOUGH is confirmation that there was something inherently -like in Trayvon and therefore he was deserving of being shot down is part and parcel of what makes some very very longterm oppressed people just want to go straight to revolutionary violence. Some people just aren't CAPABLE of making the change within, and when a boy gets shot down, the family gets skewered, and the shooter gets a FREE PASS, it is no different than 1950s lynchings.

We really have NOT come very far after all. It is one of the great griefs of my approaching older years.

GZ has had death threats and a bounty on his head. That is NOT a free pass. TM may have attacked GZ, so we do not know if the shooting was in self defense.

Comparing this to lynchings is absurd and in NO WAY like a lynching from the past. People spouting this type of disingenuous, misinformed and inflammatory rhetoric is the very reason things are the way they are imo.

I think he would if he planned to shoot TM but it does not appear he did. It just appears to me things did not go the way GZ had anticipated and either got out of his control (like the woman he picked up and threw at the bar) and he reacted, or he thought his life was in danger as he states.

I think a few people here think he was out for blood. But I think he lost control of a situation he started with the call to LE. I do not think he ever intended to shoot TM otherwise he would have never thrown his hands onto his head (witness reported) as if "Oh, *****". Heat of the moment kind of thing is what I think happened, words exchanged and they were off. Does not mean TM was the aggressor. Because of the information about what happened when GZ was fired from his bouncer job (because he threw a woman in a fit of rage thing), I could believe GZ may have initiated the fight by grabbing TM. It is just as possible for that to have happened as it would have been for TM to have grabbed GZ. GZ knows the truth but we should not be hearing versions as more and more information is released that do not support his original statement as we know it to be. jmo

Based on your assessments GZ is angry man, even when some of the things you say have never been proven.
WHY aren’t you making the same assessment on TM when there is clearly a report that he had a
screwdriver and women’s jewelry in his locker???? Why aren’t you saying MAYBE GZ had great instincts????

How is it that you can take TM side without having seen a thorough investigation????
:waitasec:

Over a dropped phone call? Do you know how many times calls get dropped? Your comparision included the fact that the friends knew something horrible happened to your child. I would expect that would change the urgency and how you go about getting ahold of parents. The GF did not know Trayvon was shot dead. Heck, LE with all their resources and a victim with a phone on him didn't even contact his own parents in a timely manner and we expect a 17 year old to?

In fact, my screen shot from ABC News (http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017#.T3c-atmP_Kg) shows that Trayvon received three calls from the girlfriend shortly before his death: http://www.woodswell.com/images/Trayvon/calls log-1.jpg

IMO Their calls had probably been getting dropped regularly, for her to be calling him back that much!

:what: Then why when you go on an interview you are told to make a good impression and dress right???
Why when we meet a person on a first date, we want to make a good impression? WHY :waitasec:

Sorry if I see someone all inked coming in for an interview - I do not hire them.
If they come in with piercings in to many places that I can see I do not hire them.
You can call me anything you want.
but the image of the firm is what I have to be accountable for.
That is right if TM walked into my firm flashing gold teeth it would have been no hire.
YES it does leave impressions...Just as the language his GF uses "he come say" is not an
impression that puts a smile on my face.

YES WE CAN JUDGE our kids today, and should.
We do not have to like what all of them are doing just because…

NON of this means that anyone deservs to be shot. non of it says that.

With all due respect, there is a HUGE distance between whether I would hire a person or whether I would judge that person I wouldn't hire is a criminal . I have personally interviewed hundreds of people and HIRED and supervised roughly a hundred and not ONE that I wouldn't hire due to the way they "present" did I ever come CLOSE to thinking was a criminal .

If they were not seen nor apprehended how would we know what color they were? jmo

Some were. And 6 out of 7 individuals arrested were black males. It's all in the burglary reports on the Sanford website.

But that's my question - does it? She trademarked two specific phrases, not just "Trayvon" or "Trayvon Martin".
One is I am Trayvon Martin
Second one is Justice for Trayvon Martin.

Some were. And 6 out of 7 individuals arrested were black males. It's all in the burglary reports on the Sanford website.

they arrested the perps no matter what color. Our prisons are full of all colors.

YES the SPD is not known or thorough work.

People not from Florida don't always know that the rains there don't last but 15 or so minutes then it stops and dries out. I would think that as a native Floridain that is what he meant. GM was in his car.

Interesting. There's been a steady rain here today in north Florida for the last several hours.

:what: Then why when you go on an interview you are told to make a good impression and dress right???
Why when we meet a person on a first date, we want to make a good impression? WHY :waitasec:

Sorry if I see someone all inked coming in for an interview - I do not hire them.
If they come in with piercings in to many places that I can see I do not hire them.
You can call me anything you want.
but the image of the firm is what I have to be accountable for.
That is right if TM walked into my firm flashing gold teeth it would have been no hire.
YES it does leave impressions...Just as the language his GF uses "he come say" is not an
impression that puts a smile on my face.

YES WE CAN JUDGE our kids today, and should.
We do not have to like what all of them are doing just because…

NON of this means that anyone deservs to be shot. non of it says that.

I think your educational background has a lot to do with who would hire you. When we reach college age we know how to speak, however, people I know tend to fall back into the slang language they used growing up when they are with their friends, regardless of who they are. Schools educate kids today about going on interviews for jobs, information on colleges, etc. Some families can't afford college and may have had little education themselves. The way they talk has nothing to do with how they would do their job in a job they are qualified to do. Certainly being articulate in a professional job would be important, as well as dressing appropriately.

I have never had a tattoo. Would never have wanted one. But every once in awhile I think now about, "hey, let my wild side out.....how about a little lady bug right above my ankle.." It's just a thought. My husband had a tattoo on his arm on a dare when he was in the service and it certainly never stopped him from getting professional jobs, including the position of a detective in the police department. jmo

With all due respect, there is a HUGE distance between whether I would hire a person or whether I would judge that person I wouldn't hire is a criminal . I have personally interviewed hundreds of people and HIRED and supervised roughly a hundred and not ONE that I wouldn't hire due to the way they "present" did I ever come CLOSE to thinking was a criminal .

NOT ME....I need an arena that represents a firm in a most professional way.
I do not want inked, pierced, or any other rebellious statements.
Now the Music industry – that is a bit different. But it is not where I am,
business industry is not keen on any of that.

To bad so often they think it is cool. then they try to get a job...

Interesting. There's been a steady rain here today in north Florida for the last several hours.

Yes there has been and I'm just about to head out for groceries and errands. I wonder if I should wait that required 10 minutes before I go?

~jmo~

One is I am Trayvon Martin
Second one is Justice for Trayvon Martin.

Yeah, is just that specific phrase protected? Or could she possibly sue for some sort of brand dilution if someone else uses the Trayvon Martin name?

If Zimmerman has his father, brother, lawyer, friend and/or neighbor go on national tv and defend him while saying something to the effect of this was told to me by George Zimmerman then yes he (George Zimmerman) is getting his story out on the airwaves. Now, based on what those people above have said Zimmerman's story has in fact changed. We have the actual call that was recorded that starts before Trayvon even came close to Zimmerman's truck. Zimmerman claimed at one point that Trayvon pulled him out of his truck. That is an obvious lie as it is not supported by the call to the non-emergancy number. Also another lie was that Zimmerman did NOT follow Trayvon when we, again, have it documented that he in fact DID follow Trayvon and admitted doing so on the call. Those are just two examples of how the story from Zimmerman has changed so why exactly are we expected to believe anything else that comes from the Zimmerman camp?

Also I wanted to note that this is not the first time that Zimmerman has followed someone that he called 911 on as being suspicious. 8-12-04 Zimmerman followed a male in an older Ford pickup. Zimmerman gave police a description of the vehicle and a partial tag, also what street the suspicious man was on and what direction he was headed. Zimmerman still followed the male while on the phone with the 911 dispatcher.

MOO

Yes there has been and I'm just about to head out for groceries and errands. I wonder if I should wait that required 10 minutes before I go?

~jmo~

I went to the grocery store earlier in the pouring rain and I didn't melt!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth