FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive work on this timeline. Minor differences between yours and the timeline info I had available, but any you look at it, by "Captain" George's own comments to the dispatcher, the boy walked from the clubhouse all the way to the 90 degree turn in the "back sidewalk" and started running at 02:06:65 into the call.

How do we know it's the 90 degree turn in the back sidewalk?

(1) Because that's the most direct route home for TM

(2) Because it's the ONLY place he could be running southwards towards the "back gate" and meet these qualifiers put out by the "Captain's" father:

Once you understand that the boy clearly walked 422 feet from point A to point B in 126 seconds, it's simple arithmetic to realize he did not dawdle, tarry, or "case the houses out" as the "Captain" was trying to tell the dispatcher.

He was very simply a boy trying to take candy home to his brother and was willing to walk in the rain to do it.
BBM

Let's not jump to conclusions. It was just said that he was only out of the house because he begged his dad to let him go to the store. Not quite the story we heard from the beginning.

Have you read the threads? He wasn't on patrol that night.

He shouldn't have been on patrol any night according to Wendy Dorival.

In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T3dMgKv2b2a

~jmo~

He was acting like a delusional psychotic with an obsession, imo.

Based on what? He was perfectly lucid during the phone call to 9-11. There's no evidence of a psychotic break, or history of psychosis as far as we know. This is just stigma inducing misinformation based on public misperceptions of mental illness correlating to violence, which it doesn't.

He shouldn't have been on patrol any night according to Wendy Dorival.

In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46830953/#.T3dMgKv2b2a

~jmo~
Exactly. So he wasn't on patrol that night. :)

Ok, fair enough. Would you leave your headlights on while chasing after someone that you think looks suspicious? I mean how long could that chase take? How long til the police arrive? Could your battery be dead because of the lights being left on? Could it also be from the keys being left in the ignition? I have never left my lights on when in my vehicle without my key in the ignition as I have never seen a reason to do so.

When I say "you" in the above I do NOT mean the poster themselves but a "you" in general.

MOO
It's possible that GZ left the headlights on.

Depending on the reserve capacity and condition of the battery, the lights could stay on for an hour or two and not be dead.

Your right that it's possible that the ding ding sound could be from the key being left in the ignition.

The reason most cars have a headlight warning alarm is because it's common for people to forget to turn their lights off.

They didn't say anything about a street sign...

My mistake, they said that he was looking for a house number for 911. It is still not accurate even if it was supposed to be a house number or a street sign.

Zimmerman is on the call with the dispatcher, the dispatcher hears a noise that makes him ask Zimmerman POINT BLANK if he is following the teen male, Zimmerman POINT BLANK affirms that he is following the teen male. At no point during that part of the exchange on the tape does it have that Zimmerman answered in response to that POINT BLANK question that he is looking for a house number.

My mistake, they said that he was looking for a house number for 911. It is still not accurate even if it was supposed to be a house number or a street sign.

Zimmerman is on the call with the dispatcher, the dispatcher hears a noise that makes him ask Zimmerman POINT BLANK if he is following the teen male, Zimmerman POINT BLANK affirms that he is following the teen male. At no point during that part of the exchange on the tape does it have that Zimmerman answered in response to that POINT BLANK question that he is looking for a house number.
Again, that was something paraphrased by another party. As I've posted before, it's possible that he was trying to determine where Martin was running to (getting an address). He would not have been "following" at that point, but watching.

"Sharpton was invited to participate in the Martin case by attorney Benjamin Crump, who represents Trayvon's parents." ,

Is the lawyer inviting him, the same as the parents inviting him?

There is no dispute that the family invited the civil rights leaders. They went to Crump who is a known civil rights attorney from Tallahassee. Clearly they were trying to muster all the support and attention for the case that they possibly could because they felt their son was murdered and given the history of the Sanford PD didn't think they were getting a fair investigation. They have not called for violence nor have they invited anyone who has called for violence. As a matter of fact, the parents and Sharpton have expressly said they are NOT calling for violence, but peaceful protests, to keep pressure on the powers that be to provide justice. I applaud all the aforementioned for doing what they are doing.

There's nothing to find. Whatever you read is GZ's version of what happened. I think what you mean to say is: It is a fact that GZ says he was gong to Target. He may very well have been going to Target. He may just as easily have gone out on patrol. Whatever the answer is, it will be impossible to ever state it as fact.

Why would anyone go to Target with a 9mm tucked in their waistband? Just sayin.

I would hope that he didn't sustain fatal injuries, as he's still up and walking around. That would be a little bizarre. JMO

yeah......take it up with the writer.....:floorlaugh:

After Concerned Papa put together his timeline and estimate of the distances and time needed to travel, I looked for accurate timelines that put together the released information from calls and call logs. I couldn't find anything that had really accurate time stamps.

There are some odd noises on the recording of GZ's call to SPD I can't identify that I would love to see what the people here think they might be:
  1. Rhythmic, swishing noise
    =
  2. Clicking noise - The noise is repeated three separate times in the recording of GZ's call - this clip is the clearest and loudest.

Any theories on what these noises are?

Could the rhythmic swishing noise be windshield wipers? It was raining at the time, IIRC.

Apologies if this was already suggested, it's really hard to keep pace with this fast-moving thread.

Also, what was GZ using to talk on the phone? Was he holding a cellphone, or using Bluetooth, or a wired headset? Could be some of the noises that happen if he was shifting position or something were picked up and amplified by the phone.

Dark red is Songline
The difference is TM was never arrested for stealing or for having the screwdriver, or anything else he had on him that day. It appears they investigated, found who belonged to the jewelry and end of story or he would have been charged. A screwdriver is not a knife, concealed weapon, it's a screwdriver and unless they were connecting it to a crime in the outside world it not against the law to have a screwdriver in your backpack (school yes because you can't even bring a plastic knife into school)...I have one in my car.
Sometimes a school tries not to give a child a record... they try hard to straighten kids out... but lets face it was not a pencil, pen, calculator or anything you need in school, coupled with ladies Jewelry? and you think it as no big deal... sorry but it is a huge big deal, and I do not believe in just Turing a blind eye,

GZ has had enough training through the police ride along program and 14 week introduction to police work to know what he was doing was wrong. That knowledge was on his side. If he were LE that night working dispatch his instructions would have been the same, stay with your vehicle..... He knew better because he did not know who TM was and GZ knew it was the responsibility of LE to handle it, not his. This had been drummed into him time and time again through the different programs he attended.

Who knows maybe GZ's wife was concerned with all the break ins and afraid some man would break into their home while he was away and attack her. Fear can cause a lot of anxiety in people and maybe GZ was just being too viligent because he was leaving his wife at home alone. I don't know what his reasoning was only that unless he can prove he has extreme ADD and never paid attention to what he was told by LE, he knew he was not to pursue TM, he was obligated to stay with his vehicle because LE was on the way. The choice was always his until it was too late. jmo

BBM (I replied in red above to the other)
It is also true that GZ had successfully gotten some preps of the street, due to good work so we already know he is overzealous, but overzealous does not make a killer.
:moo:

Is there still an active restraining order for GZ from his previous GF?

If there is, then his against her would still be valid as well, they were issued by the Judge at the same time. I'm not sure where one would find this information.

Impressive work on this timeline. Minor differences between yours and the timeline info I had available, but any you look at it, by "Captain" George's own comments to the dispatcher, the boy walked from the clubhouse all the way to the 90 degree turn in the "back sidewalk" and started running at 02:06:65 into the call.

How do we know it's the 90 degree turn in the back sidewalk?

(1) Because that's the most direct route home for TM

(2) Because it's the ONLY place he could be running southwards towards the "back gate" and meet these qualifiers put out by the "Captain's" father:

Once you understand that the boy clearly walked 422 feet from point A to point B in 126 seconds, it's simple arithmetic to realize he did not dawdle, tarry, or "case the houses out" as the "Captain" was trying to tell the dispatcher.

He was very simply a boy trying to take candy home to his brother and was willing to walk in the rain to do it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/30/us/trayvon-martin-profile/?hpt=hp_c3

His fateful walk to the convenience store for a bag of Skittles and an iced tea on the evening of February 26 happened only because the teenager pleaded to leave the apartment, said Horton.

"The only reason he got a chance to go to the store is because he begged his dad to go," he said. At the time, his father and his fiancée had gone out to dinner and to watch a basketball game, leaving Martin at the townhouse, according to Martin family spokesman Ryan Julison.

Police have determined that George Zimmerman was serving in the role of neighborhood watch member, when he and Trayvon Martin had an encounter which resulted in the shooting death of Mr. Martin.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/TwinLakesTownhomesShootingUpDate.pdf

That was from Feb 29th. I do wonder why they felt the need to put this in writing. Seems odd given the circumstances but maybe at the time they thought it would help if they said it was the NW guy that killed the kid, as though that gave it some color of authority and would make people less suspicious about why he hadn't been arrested. I bet the HOA is really going to love having that piece of paper in discovery in the civil case.

Have you read the threads? He wasn't on patrol that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme