FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention Sanford is a suburb of the city with the THIRD highest crime rate in the US, Orlando. THIRD highest iin the US.

Yes, we know. Orlando must be so proud of their town? Trayvon didn't live there though? Zimmerman did!

If you are arrested, I do think they can take you to a hospital without your permission. GZ was not arrested ,just detained. Wonder if that would make a difference. JMO

Yes, once he is in their custody they basically assume liability....they don't want someone collapsing in the middle of questioning.

jmo

If you listen to the 911 call you will hear that GZ only said he was black after TM turned to face hime, how could he know he was black before. When GZ was asked the first time GZ said he couldn't/didn't know at that time. jmo

First he said he thinks he's black when asked. Wonder why he thought that?

So even if an attack upon a person may allow for the use of deadly force in self-defense, if the victim of the attack is under the influence of something and can't fully understand the threat, then self-defense would not be allowed? Is that what your saying?

I think it would have to be decided on a case by case basis using the circumstances of each individual case, if both people are in a bar and both are under he influence....or if just one is, I don't know the legalities just based on a persons intoxication and their level of impairment, but it just would add another level of complexity to the case if the person who shoots is impaired IMO JMHO and stuff

If you are arrested, I do think they can take you to a hospital without your permission. GZ was not arrested ,just detained. Wonder if that would make a difference. JMO

Don't know about Florida, but where I am they do it all the time!

they bring people in in handcuffs, and when they do they have to have an officer and sometimes they have two, who are with them the entire time, and I can say from experience that it is very difficult to render medical treatment to a patient who is handcuffed to the bed, and doesn't want the treatment to begin with.

Don't know about Florida, but where I am they do it all the time!

they bring people in in handcuffs, and when they do they have to have an officer and sometimes they have two, who are with them the entire time, and I can say from experience that it is very difficult to render medical treatment to a patient who is handcuffed to the bed, and doesn't want the treatment to begin with.

You know for a fact that these individuals were detained? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

ETA: Detained as opposed to being arrested.

And what does this bird walk have to do with GZ killing Trayvon? I'm truly mystified. If this were MY son, or nephew, what would ANY kind of extraneous figures and statistics mean?

ONE person shot and killed one other person in this case. Please, authorities, let us see the PERTINENT facts!

I posted those statistic because I was asked by a mod to do so.

My kids are half black. So those statistics mean a lot to me. My son has eight times the liklihood of being murdered than his white cousins do. That is PERTINENT, imo.

That is your opinion and not fact

Uh no they were his own words so it is a fact.

Unless now we're going to try to say that because he said he 'looks' black that somehow means he really wasn't sure, but that would be totally illogical. He said what he said, why twist it?

What isn't a fact though is that he said he didn't know, or that he never said he was black until Travon turned around, as a matter of fact that is simply false.

JMHO

It does not mean that his killing was justified. Not at all.

But when black males are killed and killing at eight times the national average, statistically, then people are going to be suspicious and fearful. And it is disingenuous for the black leaders to ignore this level of violence and just proclaim whites as racists. Maybe the fact that the neighborhood had been burglarized eight times recently would have a bearing on the watchman's suspicions. The black leaders need to acknowledge and deal with this cultural life trend because it is partially responsible for this problem of racially profiling. We have some very violent local gangs in my city. I am not going to pretend that black kids in baggy pants and hoodies do not frighten me at night.
As do any gangster looking thugs, white or asian or hispanic.

So sorry Katydid23, I still have to say " so WHAT?".

So maybe GZ was suspicious. Maybe he was JUSTIFIABLY suspicious. That's a far cry from justifiable homicide. Just because you are SUSPICIOUS you are not entitled to kill. Neither are you entitled to stalk.

Uh no they were his own words so it is a fact.

Unless now we're going to try to say that because he said he 'looks' black that somehow means he really wasn't sure, but that would be totally illogical. He said what he said, why twist it?

What isn't a fact though is that he said he didn't know, or that he never said he was black until Travon turned around, as a matter of fact that is simply false.

JMHO
We don't know that Trayvon was ever facing away from him, or that he hadn't seen his face prior to the call. That is why your claim is not fact.

At the time, he was detained and I still feel like they would have taken him to be checked because whose to say that 5 minutes after they got to the station they did read him his rights and book him. They would be setting themselves up for a major lawsuit if he seized and died without being afforded medical care.

~jmo~

Yeah, we already know they are going to say he had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

So will the story change when he "remembers?"

I guess if GZ is not charged at all, GZ could file a civil suit against the parents of a minor that caused his PTSD. While GZ has immunity under the SYG statute from any civil litigation. It is a wacky world down there in FL.

I think it would have to be decided on a case by case basis using the circumstances of each individual case, if both people are in a bar and both are under he influence....or if just one is, I don't know the legalities just based on a persons intoxication and their level of impairment, but it just would add another level of complexity to the case if the person who shoots is impaired IMO JMHO and stuff
Thanks. It may be a good question for Richard Hornsby. The legal implications and what may have been lost by not having a drug test done.

Ok, so being under the influence would make it easier for him to lose control, become angry and then initiate an attack on Trayvon. Thanks.

You're welcome. He has a history of having violent tendencies? More so when he has been drinking. It's a fact? I think it's a valid reason to question whether he was drinking that night? Maybe his little trip to the store was to go and get more beer/alcohol? Who knows?

MOO

People in hoodies do commit crimes.

So do people in trenchcoats, armani suits, dresses, high heels, etc...

I still say we all go back to wearing leaves. It's way too complicated to know what we can and can not wear that will make us look a certain way to certain people?

You know for a fact that these individuals were detained? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

Some are flat out arrested, but there have been cases where they are simply being detained until the police can decide if charges are going to be filed, or an arrest made. In some cases they do not arrest until they have decided that there is enough evidence to sustain the charges because once they have arrested someone the clock starts on the speedy trial statute. Occasionally they are only detained because they would be going in the drunk tank if they were not injured, and of course sometimes the police will cut them some slack on that, or the other person decides not to press charges, so yes, on occasion sometimes they are only detained but if they are in police custody and they are injured the police are going to bring them to us because they are not going to assume any liability for an injured person. If they are either detained or arrested makes no difference at that point LE is responsible for their welfare.

I'd like to know too. There's a difference to being under arrest and being detained for questioning.

I still say we all go back to wearing leaves. It's way too complicated to know what we can and can not wear that will make us look a certain way to certain people?

But what if I wear an oak leaf, while you wear fig leaves? :)

Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman Was 'Jekyll And Hyde,' Former Co-Worker Says

This is what I was asking about yesterday.........about GZ 'emotional' personality,

more details have emerged about Zimmerman’s history of violence.

Zimmerman worked for two agencies that provided security for house parties from 2001 to 2005.

“But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When dude snapped, he snapped.” The Daily News said Zimmerman earned $50 to $100 a night for the parties. He was fired for being too aggressive with patrons.

“He had a temper and he became a liability
He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle.
Some of Zimmerman’s neighbors said he had a history of being overly aggressive and followed people whom he thought appeared suspicious back to their homes.
“It was also made known that there had been several complaints about George Zimmerman and his tactics" in his neighborhood watch role.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ing-grid7|hp-laptop|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=148197

But remember, EVE stole the apple wearing nothing but a leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668