FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS in Trayvon Martin Case: Officer in the Case Has A Prior Record of Racial Controversy

somepolitics:

fearandwar:

WFTV, a local Florida television station, reports that the supervising officer who initially responded to the killing of Trayvon Martin in Sanford has a prior record of racial controversy. In 2010, Sergeant Anthony Raimondo declined to arrest Justin Collison, who brutally attacked a black homeless man, leaving him unconscious and breaking his nose. Collison, who is white, is the son of a Sanford police officer and the grandson of a former Florida judge.

Collison was intoxicated at the time of the unprovoked attack. Also, a Youtube video captured the attack while it occurred. Despite having possession of the video, Raimando still refused to arrest Collison. Police only arrested Collison after the national media released the video and criticized police handling of the case.

http://private-revolution.tumblr.co...ng-news-in-trayvon-martin-case-officer-in-the
I heard the cop tell the guy recording the beat down to "turn that off". Didn't he know his comment would be recorded, even if the guy had stopped recording? :rolleyes:

I am SO appalled that I can barely type:( I will be calling my FL reps. first thing in the morning to express my outrage about this travesty of justice and I encourage other Floridians to do the same.

Not that my reps. may be able to do anything, but I've gottta try.

Yeah, I do not think that the black militia should have made those threats and I surely do not believe that they should act on those threats. I can understand their anger and frustration though and hopefully, even in their deepest sorror, Tray's family will speak out against any kind of illegal actions being taken. I know that they do not trust LE right now, and I surely do not blame them. Tray's death should be a call to stop violence, not create it.

I believe the family's lawyer already said they want the law to handle it in response to that group. I'll look for the news article.

Found it. Here is the link
http://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...litia-group-wants-to-arrest-Fla-watch-leader/

I'm listening right now. It sounds like Trayvon saw GZ following him and got scared and took off running, which is exactly what I would do if I were 17 and some guy in a car was following me.

Oh, Trayvon, I'm so sorry you didn't make it safely home :(

Good grief ... I would do the same even as woman and almost 44 ... And often when I walk my puppies I am wearing hooded sweaters or jackets....

In my opinion Sanford police is still playing games here... And with all the incompetency in the beginning so much evidence is lost....

And as for GZ stating it was self defense ... What else could he say after realizing there where kind of witnesses which he obviously didn't think about that people were paying attention...

And most sadly ... If police would have arrived about 90 seconds earlier young Trayvon would be alive....

Rest in peace Trayvon And justice for you...

Micci

Now I want to hear Zimmerman's call!

I'm just going to play devil's advocate here, but Zimmerman claims that it was him screaming for help (not that I believe him), but if this were Zimmerman screaming, after he had confronted Tray and there was a physical altercation, the gunshot would have had to have been extremely close range. Like Tray on top of him close range. Tray's blood would have had to have been all over Zimmerman's shirt if Tray was on top of him when the shot went off.

I'm too shaken up to remember some of the details, but was Tray face up or face down after he was shot?

Thank you to those who listened to the 911 tapes. I did not want to and knew that I could rely on posters here to give accurate descriptions of their contents.
This young man (man-not referring to age but as respect for a young person) should not have lost his life for walking anywhere.
I am interested in seeing what other evidence led the LE to believe that this was self defense.

For those who listened- can you tell two distinct voices?

Now I want to hear Zimmerman's call!

I'm just going to play devil's advocate here, but Zimmerman claims that it was him screaming for help (not that I believe him), but if this were Zimmerman screaming, after he had confronted Tray and there was a physical altercation, the gunshot would have had to have been extremely close range. Like Tray on top of him close range. Tray's blood would have had to have been all over Zimmerman's shirt if Tray was on top of him when the shot went off.

I'm too shaken up to remember some of the details, but was Tray face up or face down after he was shot?

Zimmerman's call prior to the shooting is released. I don't think he made another one after the shooting.

But I can recognize which call is from MC (the female witness that has been interviewed).

In call 4 she keeps referring to someone in the back with a flashlight I wonder is that Zimmerman, once the caller said that the dispatcher called in to the officer to see if an officer arrived. The tapes are very sad especially call 7.

So Tray ran away from this guy, who never identifies himself, and he follows him. At one point, Zimmerman has lost visual of Tray because he says "I don't know where he is." Cops clearly tell him, when they asked if he was following him, which you can hear because of the wind, cops tell him, "we don't need you to be doing that."

Somewhere, Zimmerman catches up to Tray and obviously confronts him. Did Zimmerman have the gun in his hand when he confronted Tray? Could the wrestling have been Tray trying to get the gun away from the mad man? I can't tell who was screaming, but from listening to all the calls, there is no justification for this shooting at all. Not one witness says "This black dude is beating the crap out of this white dude."

ETA: I am also not sure I heard two shots listening to them the second time? I believe someone in the house might have dropped something and it makes it sound like a gunshot. Or it was a gunshot? I don't know?

I hope this dispatcher is recognized for her calm but caring demeanor, and great questions of the callers. I can't imagine being her, getting ALL these calls and continuing to ask pertinent questions that will clarify this case.

Whoever she is, kudos.

Oh, and I never did hear Tray ask Zimmerman "What's your problem" like it has been reported. Sounds like Tray got scared after Zimmerman continued to follow him and ran only to be hunted down by Zimmerman.

O.M.G. My heart is thumping through my chest listening to these tapes! There were TWO shots!

Are you sure? The woman on the 911 call only reacted and identified one shot. The noise earlier may have been when she was moving upstairs to be away from the altercation.

Are you sure? The woman on the 911 call only reacted and identified one shot. The noise earlier may have been when she was moving upstairs to be away from the altercation.

Yes, I corrected it in a later post after listening to it again. I believe someone in the house dropped something that made it sound like a gunshot and I posted that as I was listening to it the first time and it shocked me and I really believed it was a gunshot until I calmed down and listened to it again.

GZ's 911 call doesn't appear to support his idea of self-defense. The teenager went up to the car, looked at GZ and took off running (all of that based on GZ's call). So where is self-defense here? The teenager didn't go to GZ's car to get him out of the car, instead he took of running (so he didn't appear to have been in fighting mood).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme