FL - 17-yo Boy Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this for real? That is rediculous. If I called LE that much in a day, I think they'd arrest me. In fact I'm pretty sure alot of people have been arrested for that. Seems this guy is coated with teflon. Why is that? Who does he know??? Who is he related to?

GZ called 46 times since Jan 1, 2011, not on Jan 1, 2011.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/17/trayvon-martin-killing-yo_n_1355795.html

Trayvon Martin Killing's Youngest Witness, 13, Still Can Hear The Screams

Austin's mother, Sheryl Brown, said that the trauma from the night has not been limited to what her son witnessed. It also includes the way she says that the police and some media have twisted his account of the night to fit a self-defense theory, to say that a 13-year-old witness has claimed Zimmerman, and not Martin, was screaming for help. Both Austin and his mother are adamant that the teen could not see who was screaming, but they believe now that it was Martin.

Brown said in hindsight she feels the police investigator on the case attempted to lead her son to provide information that he didn't have. The investigator, she said, would nod yes when asking if it was the man in the T-shirt, who turned out to be Zimmerman, and not the one in the hooded sweatshirt, Martin, who was screaming out for help. And while the police have said that they don't have any evidence to refute Zimmerman's claims of self-defense, the investigators had a different story when they visited her family about a week after the shooting, Brown said.

"That investigator said flat out that we don't think it was self-defense," Brown said, recalling the day the police came to interview Austin. "Several times he said, 'I have kids, and I'm going to tell you something that I don't tell many people.' He looked at me and said, 'You have to read between the lines. There's some stereotyping going on.'"

She continued: "He stood here in my family room telling me that this guy [Zimmerman] is not right and it wasn't self-defense and that they have to prove that it wasn't. He was adamant about that. I don't know if that was to make me less uncomfortable or to make us feel that he was on our side."

Does anyone know if GZ has gotten a lawyer? From a recent case that I've being following it is said that only guilty people need a lawyer. Innocent people cooperate with LE and have no need for a lawyer. Has GZ cooperated with LE or refused to answer their questions?

THIS is a huge mistake, misnomer, whatever you want to call it. The truth is, you have a right to call an attorney, and MANY innocent people do get one when they are being questioned.

We have both attorneys, and law enforcement in my family. They always preach that if you are accused of something, have an attorney, even though you are cooperative. Things can get twisted and out of hand VERY quickly.

Kind of off topic, but I have to wonder how someone like Perez Hilton would be able to obtain the 911 tapes that are not redacted?

Bumping post with link to Orlando Sentinel graphic of locations.

(ETA: I found it helpful to compare this graphic to the Google map in terms of distance, ways Tray might have taken a shortcut to the 7-11, proximity of final event to neighbors/911 callers... The 7-11 doesn't appear in the Google map, but based on the OS graphic it appears that it was built in what Google shows as an empty lot between the Benz and Toyota dealerships?)

The 7-11 is across the street from the Benz dealer, in front of the Sam's Club. If you zoom into the building in front of the Sam's Club building, there is a round roof on the southwest corner - that is the entrance to the 7-11. If you look at it from the Google street view, you can see the Seven-11 logo spelled out on the tower. Across the Sam's Club entrance road, there is a gas station - don't confuse that with the 7-11.

I could be wrong, I plan to relisten after everyone in my house (finally) goes to sleep!
My notes on appearance and actionsfrom the 911 calls:

#1 - GZ: looks black; gray hoodie, jeans; hand in wasteband; button on shirt.

#2 - man: heard shot - one; wrestling; guy yelling 'help'; guy died/dead; black guy down, shot, dead.

#3 - woman (this is the call with the screaming in the background): screaming outside; gunshot - one; screaming stopped.

#4 - woman, sounds young: someone screaming - male; gunshot - one; no more screaming; guy on top had white t-shirt.

#5 - woman: yelling, screaming; gunshot - one; someone with flashlight.

#6 - woman: someone's been shot, laying in yard; black male standing over.

#7 - woman, hysterical: screaming 'help'; wrestling on ground; bang; someone on ground in grass, dead?; heard man say 'he shot the person'. (I did not take down all her descriptions as they evolved during long call)

8# - young woman and her brother, boy's description: man on ground screaming; dog off leash; heard loud sound; screaming stopped.

It's not clear if the description of the man with the white shirt on top is during the fight or after the shot.

I have not read the many newspaper stories with later witness statements, so I can't compare them

George Zimmerman wanted to be a police officer, and sometimes his aspirations led to action.

When he saw a 24-year-old Lake Mary man shoplift a 24-inch TV from an Albertsons supermarket in 2003, he called the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and followed the suspect's car for several blocks, allowing a deputy to make an arrest, records show.

The next year, Zimmerman followed a man who allegedly spit at him while driving, according to an incident report. The other driver accused Zimmerman — whom he described as "irate" — of tailgating, and was not arrested.

Though there are no enrollment records suggesting Zimmerman has attended a law-enforcement academy, he carried a concealed weapon and expressed his desire to wear a badge. He's currently enrolled in a general education program at Valencia Community College.

"I hold law enforcement officers in the highest regard as I hope to one day become one," Zimmerman wrote in a 2008 application to the Seminole County Sheriff's Officecitizen's law enforcement academy, a class that teaches citizens about policing and how the Sheriff's Office works.

Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 at a bar near the University of Central Florida on charges of assault on a law-enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence. Both charges were ultimately dropped, according to court records.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-tension-20120317,0,4288837,full.story

George Zimmerman wanted to be a police officer, and sometimes his aspirations led to action.

When he saw a 24-year-old Lake Mary man shoplift a 24-inch TV from an Albertsons supermarket in 2003, he called the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and followed the suspect's car for several blocks, allowing a deputy to make an arrest, records show.

The next year, Zimmerman followed a man who allegedly spit at him while driving, according to an incident report. The other driver accused Zimmerman — whom he described as "irate" — of tailgating, and was not arrested.

Though there are no enrollment records suggesting Zimmerman has attended a law-enforcement academy, he carried a concealed weapon and expressed his desire to wear a badge. He's currently enrolled in a general education program at Valencia Community College.

"I hold law enforcement officers in the highest regard as I hope to one day become one," Zimmerman wrote in a 2008 application to the Seminole County Sheriff's Officecitizen's law enforcement academy, a class that teaches citizens about policing and how the Sheriff's Office works.

Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 at a bar near the University of Central Florida on charges of assault on a law-enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence. Both charges were ultimately dropped, according to court records.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-tension-20120317,0,4288837,full.story

This Zimmerman guy sounds like a loose cannon and has/had no business carrying around a weapon. He is also not the type of person I'd ever consider putting in charge of a neighborhood watch program.

IMO

He chases down a guy for spitting at him?! Seriously? :what:

IMO, GZ is just plain :nuts:. The thought of this guy loose on the streets with a gun terrifies me.

I simply cannot get over the fact that GZ is not sitting in jail waiting for a very high bond to be set (if at all). How can this be anything other than willful murder?

SPD got this one wrong, plain and simple. JMO. I just do not understand anyone even attempting to justify GZ's actions.

I am just sickened that GZ was not tested for drugs or alcohol. SPD knew this would be SOP to do so.

What I would like to see is that Trayvon's family get a nationally known lawyer and have a second autopsy done. I would like to see this happen because if there is a coverup on one level there could be a coverup on another. Was the gunshot wound to Trayvon's chest a contact wound, or was the gun fired with GZ standing up and Trayvon on the ground? A second independent autopsy is always a good idea in cases like this, IMO. It would most likely show that Trayvon had no drugs or alcohol in his bloodstream also. The opportunity to find out what, if any, substance might have been in GZ's bloodstream is forever gone as it was not done that night.

I feel so badly for Trayvon's family and friends. I am so angry that Trayvon had to lose his life in such an unjust way. I have signed the petition and also done a few other well placed emails. I am but one voice but it was something I had to do. I am outraged. No way will I ever forget what has happened.

I am usually always on the side of LE, but certainly not in this case. They got it so very wrong!

MOO, JMO, IMO

Rest in peace, Trayvon. You will not be forgotten.

When you have "stand your ground" law as broad as the one in FL, maybe people shouldn't be surprised at the outcome. Based on that law, yes, GZ can argue self-defense since Trayvon is dead, so no one is there to contradict GZ's version of events. Even though GZ was the one following Trayvon he claims in the end Trayvon was the one who approached GZ. And who is there to contradict that?

When you have "stand your ground" law as broad as the one in FL, maybe people shouldn't be surprised at the outcome. Based on that law, yes, GZ can argue self-defense since Trayvon is dead, so no one is there to contradict GZ's version of events. Even though GZ was the one following Trayvon he claims in the end Trayvon was the one who approached GZ. And who is there to contradict that?

Ironically, if anyone could of used "stand your ground" ... it would of been Trayvon, since its obvious that Zimmerman is the one who approaches him.

Ironically, if anyone could of used "stand your ground" ... it would of been Trayvon, since its obvious that Zimmerman is the one who approaches him.

Well if he were alive then he could have. But he is dead. Looking at that law, what is to stop anyone from killing anyone and claiming self-defense? Since one can stand their ground in any place, it doesn't have to be their home or car?

Well if he were alive then he could have. But he is dead. Looking at that law, what is to stop anyone from killing anyone and claiming self-defense? Since one can stand their ground in any place, it doesn't have to be their home or car?

Which is what makes this whole situation stand on its head.

It just makes no sense that the person being pursued, ends up dead, and the pursuer says "self defense" and walks away.

If someone is being pursued, they turn to confront their pursuer, then they wind up dead, the pursuer then claims self defense. The whole situation is absurd that the LE just buys off on this and says well we have no evidence to dispute his self defense claim. Hello? Common sense to me disputes it all day long.

IMO

I feel that TM never ran or approached GZ, but just walked by GZ sitting in his car going back to his dad's house. It's sad because we will only hear GZ side.

I have an idea, i'm a man, you are a woman. Basically, i can attack you, and if you try to resist my attack(i'm 6'2 205 btw) and fight me off, i can use lethal force and guess what... Self Defense!

And then folks on websleuths will dive into YOUR background... and not mine.

Sounds to me Zimmerman wants to be a real life Rambo! He's dangerous.

I read about those kind of people. Many mass murderers were of that nature.
James Huberty
Pat Sherill
Marc Lepine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads