FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GZ did claim that "suspicious" person looks to be on drugs in his 911 call so that could be why narcotics officer was dispatched.

Boy, that GZ certainly is a talented one! He can spot that someone is on drugs and up to no good, at night, in the rain, just by the way they walk down the street!

I say Seminole County should just fire whoever's in charge of toxicology and hire GZ immediately!

The police department should be on trial more often then we know.God bless Tyron's parents for not taking a back seat.
Al Sharpton - you did your job now go home.
Lets just get Justice for Tyron.

The 'police' don't make the laws, the government does. The police arrest and detain so the government can prosecute. :woohoo: It was the government who decided not to prosecute Zimmerman, not the police. I'm not saying the police are 'guiltless', just saying that if anyone wanted to place a 'blame' in this case, it was up to the prosecutors as to file charges....or not.

I'm glad to see that things seem to be moving in the right direction now. We won't know until the dust settles, but it looks like some people are going to be held to account, as they should be. I've missed a lot of postings due to computer problems, but have followed as much as possible. I feel so sorry for Trayvon and his family. This didn't need to happen. Still waiting to see the cuffs put on GZ.

I have some catching up to do - didn't read the thread yesterday but I have been following news/articles etc. A new thing that strikes me is the news appears to be finally representing the people outraged with a broader scope - they aren't just snapping pictures of black people and making it look like a "black mob" protesting the murder....they are finally showing all of the faces (skin colors) of people outraged. The first few days of protests, the imagery was making me so angry and then giving Sharpton the lead story and the NAACP as if this outrage only belongs to black people...Trayvon's murder horrifies ALL of us (every race)...and I am glad the media has finally shown that (through the photography).

Secondly the original wording of Lee's stepping down almost made me giggle....he was "temporarily" stepping down...like "once this mess blows over, back to my usual crappy police work"

All this fabulousness is MO of course.

LOL LOL Poor Gearaldo, I think he lost his mind. Sure lost his own argument. LOL

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera thinks he knows who or what is to blame for the slaying of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin: the hoodie did it.

Appearing on Fox News early Friday morning, Rivera conceded that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot Martin, should be investigated, but he urged black and Latino parents to not allow their children to wear hooded sweatshirts.

"I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was," the host ranted. "You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta -- you're going to be a gangsta wannabe, well people are going to perceive you as a menace. That's what happens. It is an instant, reflexive action."

Rivera compared the situation to NPR firing Fox News contributor Juan Williams for saying he was scared of Muslims at the airport because of the way they dressed.

"That's an automatic reflex," Rivera explained. "When you see a black or Latino youngster, particularly on the street, you walk to the other side of the street. You try to avoid that confrontation. Trayvon Martin, God bless him. He's an innocent kid, a wonderful kid, a box of Skittles in his hand, he didn't deserve to die, but I'll bet you money if he didn't have that hoodie on, that nutty neighborhood watch guy wouldn't have responded in that violent and aggressive way."

Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy noted that New Yorkers on Wednesday had held a "Million Hoodie March" in support of Martin.

"You cannot rehabilitate the hoodie," Rivera insisted. "I understand that the reaction might be overzealous or even irrational in some extent. You are not going to rehabilitate the hoodie. Stop wearing it!"

"There are some things that are almost inevitable. I'm not suggesting that Trayvon Martin had any kind of weapon or anything. He wore an outfit that allowed someone to respond in this irrational, overzealous way. And if he had been dressed more appropriately -- I think unless it is raining out or you are at a track meet, leave the hoodie home."

"Perception is reality," guest co-host Juliet Huddy agreed.

In fact, Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher that it was raining as he was pursuing Martin.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something," the neighborhood watch enthusiast said. "It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about. ... These *******s always get away."

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/geraldo-rivera-hoodie-allowed-george-zimmerm

The 'police' don't make the laws, the government does. The police arrest and detain so the government can prosecute. :woohoo: It was the government who decided not to prosecute Zimmerman, not the police. I'm not saying the police are 'guiltless', just saying that if anyone wanted to place a 'blame' in this case, it was up to the prosecutors as to file charges....or not.

The police chief convicted the victim in the media before any proper investigation took place.

Re the bolded: And it was the police who never arrested or detained GZ, it was the police who tried to change witnesses statements as to what they heard.

JMHO

:floorlaugh: No, they don't, but they are judged by their 'response time'.

That may be so, but they had no idea that a call of a suspcious black kid who was simply walking, one that the caller could NOT state with any accuracy was doing anything but walking and looking suspicious would result in a death...It's not as if GZ reported an armed robbery, or someone threatening or mugging another person.

And in this instance their reponse time was pretty darn good

:neighbors were calling reporting the gunshots around 7:15 and the police arrived at 7:17

and GZ's non emergency call was around 7:09 IIRC. and if I don't someone will correct me.

and in just those few minutes GZ went from being outraged, fed up, and with a gun on his person, determined to stop and find out what this suspcious kid was doing in his neighborhood, a kid that he told the person on the phone had something in his hands, his hands at his waistband and that he looked like he was high on drugs....so it made perfect sense to attempt to confront him....and a scant few minutes later wants to claim he was afraid for his life and HAD to shoot him.

Why was he not afraid for his life when he realized that he was stupid enough to attempt to follow and confront a person that he just finished explaining had something in his hands and was high on drugs or up to something...he should have been afraid for his life then because that is stupid enough to walk in front of a moving truck IMO JMHO and stuff.

Whoops sorry rant over

LOL LOL Poor Gearaldo, I think he lost his mind. Sure lost his own argument. LOL

Fox News host Geraldo Rivera thinks he knows who or what is to blame for the slaying of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin: the hoodie did it.

Appearing on Fox News early Friday morning, Rivera conceded that George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who shot Martin, should be investigated, but he urged black and Latino parents to not allow their children to wear hooded sweatshirts.

"I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was," the host ranted. "You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta -- you're going to be a gangsta wannabe, well people are going to perceive you as a menace. That's what happens. It is an instant, reflexive action."

Rivera compared the situation to NPR firing Fox News contributor Juan Williams for saying he was scared of Muslims at the airport because of the way they dressed.

"That's an automatic reflex," Rivera explained. "When you see a black or Latino youngster, particularly on the street, you walk to the other side of the street. You try to avoid that confrontation. Trayvon Martin, God bless him. He's an innocent kid, a wonderful kid, a box of Skittles in his hand, he didn't deserve to die, but I'll bet you money if he didn't have that hoodie on, that nutty neighborhood watch guy wouldn't have responded in that violent and aggressive way."

Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy noted that New Yorkers on Wednesday had held a "Million Hoodie March" in support of Martin.

"You cannot rehabilitate the hoodie," Rivera insisted. "I understand that the reaction might be overzealous or even irrational in some extent. You are not going to rehabilitate the hoodie. Stop wearing it!"

"There are some things that are almost inevitable. I'm not suggesting that Trayvon Martin had any kind of weapon or anything. He wore an outfit that allowed someone to respond in this irrational, overzealous way. And if he had been dressed more appropriately -- I think unless it is raining out or you are at a track meet, leave the hoodie home."

In fact, Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher that it was raining as he was pursuing Martin.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good or he's on drugs or something," the neighborhood watch enthusiast said. "It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about. ... These *******s always get away."

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/geraldo-rivera-hoodie-allowed-george-zimmerm

Unbelievable, but that Geraldo for ya.

Does Geraldo not know that almost every kid out there, as well as many adults, wear hoodies nowadays as a regular part of their wardrobe, many of them sports related?

He need to catch up with the times, lol

It's a subpoena regarding a homocide, she has no choice. jmo

There was a major discussion yesterday with some accusing the little girl of making up her story or not wanting to cooperate with LE so that is what Velouria is eluding to.

Perhaps in his mind GZ thought by doing his 'good' deed he might have a shot at the police academy! (no pun intended)

You know I was thinking the same thing. Had he apprehended a youth and found stolen goods on TM maybe he felt LE would have surely given him a letter of recommendation for the academy. He certainly wanted to be a police officer according to statements seen here reported by others. jmo

I found that interesting also Adrienne. There was lot's of good info in that article that helped me to understand NW training and how the program works.

It is a shame the the NW program is under scrutiny due to the actions of one man. I also feel for this volunteer who trained the neighborhood and is now getting 'hate mail'. The tentacles of GZ's actions are far reaching, IMO. Of course, this whole inking mess could have been avoided if the PD had not made a rush to judgement. MOO

wm

Another very interesting part of the article....

The manual warns that watch members should “not attempt to apprehend a person committing a crime or to investigate a suspicious activity.” It should be emphasized to members of patrols, the materials state, that “they do not possess police power and they shall not carry weapons.” The consequences of not following the guidelines are severe, the manual states: “Each member is liable as an individual for civil and criminal charges should he exceed his authority.”

So much for the claims that she would ONLY speak to the attorney. :rolleyes:

I think if you go back and read, her parents did not want her questioned by the Media, she would ONLY speak with the Attorney and they did not want her questioned by Sanford PD...both conditions that I beleive I would want followed if she were my underage child in this whole hot mess that Sanford PD and GZ have created

I don't think that it is stated anywhere that she would not comply with a lawful subpeona or co operate with legal authorities who were NOT Sanford Pd.

The police chief convicted the victim in the media before any proper investigation took place.

Re the bolded: And it was the police who never arrested or detained GZ, it was the police who tried to change witnesses statements as to what they heard.

JMHO

I didn't know about the PC 'convicting' the victim in the media or witnesses changing statements...and Sanford police are 'notorious' for being a 'good ole boy, back slapping, covering each others and their offsprings butt's' police department. That have a long history of that.

I do maintain that they have no authority or cause to 'arrest' when the DA and SA fail to press any charges. :rocker:

There was a major discussion yesterday with some accusing the little girl of making up her story or not wanting to cooperate with LE so that is what Velouria is eluding to.

Thanks, the thread is moving so fast I can't read all the posts. Thanks for clearing that up. But I do see her being afraid of LE, look at how they are handling this case. LE had GZ's statement and statements from witnesses so for the first 24 hours it may have appeared it happened as GZ said but now it's pretty clear something is not right with this case. jmo

I think if you go back and read, her parents did not want her questioned by the Media, she would ONLY speak with the Attorney and they did not want her questioned by Sanford PD...both conditions that I beleive I would want followed if she were my underage child in this whole hot mess that Sanford PD and GZ have created

I don't think that it is stated anywhere that she would not comply with a lawful subpeona or co operate with legal authorities who were NOT Sanford Pd.

That's true, it was never said by the attorney or the girls family that she would not comply with the investigation. They only ever said that they didn't trust SPD any longer. They said they were turning over everything to the Justice Dept.

I believe what Velouria is referring to was someone stating the other day, as fact, that the girl's family said that they refuse to allow the girl to speak to anyone other than the attorney, including the grand jury or other investigators.

Thanks Dr. Fessel. I will remember not to don my hoodie any longer when I'm taking my dog for a walk in the freezing cold weather. It's just plain dangerous now and heaven forbid if you accompany that hoodie with a pack of Skittles and a can of iced tea.

I didn't know about the PC 'convicting' the victim in the media or witnesses changing statements...and Sanford police are 'notorious' for being a 'good ole boy, back slapping, covering each others and their offsprings butt's' police department. That have a long history of that.

I do maintain that they have no authority or cause to 'arrest' when the DA and SA fail to press any charges. :rocker:

Are you saying that every cop out on the street has to call the prosecutor before they can make an arrest? That is incorrect. It is up to the police whether to arrest and up to the prosecutor whether to press charges.

But we're muddying the issue here.

As horrific as the crimes against all murdered children are, that's not the issue in this case. Police in the majority of those cases do an investigation. So what would the movement be about in those cases?

The issue here is that this particular police dept and how they handled this particular case. It's about a guy who decided that an innocent black kid was up to no good for simply walking down the street ( where he had every right to be ), who decided that he was the judge and jury against this innocent kid.

If there was no public outcry in this case, there would have been no investigation, Tray would just have been considered another black kid up to no good.

For me, I applaud the outcry.

JMHO
I applaud the outcry as well , but just because GZ May have made this racial doesn't mean we need to continue in this manner does it. Ive been reading a lot of black white posts and it bothers me. Police did not arrest Gz but we don't know why. Was it because of race,or his parents positions in the court systems (prior service I know but I'm from Chicago where it's all about who you know) or because as I've read in MSM that the prosecutor refused for some reason not to file charges. I am outraged. A white woman in her 40s on chicagos south side. I am outraged that that this young man lost his life. That a mother lost her son.(I have a 12 yearold son) I worry for my boy. This is a shame a horrible tragedy but do we have to make it a worse racial divide that's my question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme