FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely two things couldn't have been happening at once, like it's raining and some guy is staring at me, I feel unwilling to get wet and am feeling insecure therefore I'll pull my hoodie up.

Unless someone posts a photo of TM wearing his hoodie completely pulled down over his head, I'm gonna go with my gut and say he wore it the same way everyone else except Kenny from South Park wears theirs--covering the back and top and possibly even the sides (gasp!) of his head.

Like the way it is being worn in your avatar?

Well Belle3, you have to understand that a pack of Skittles and a bottle of iced tea is obviously considered deadly weapons which in turn makes it 100% legal for Zimmerman to pull out his 9 mm semi-automatic gun from his holster and proceed to shoot this kid in the chest. I hear those packs of Skittles and bottles of iced tea make for an awesome weapon of choice for kids now days especially if you combine with the fact that the kid was wearing a hoodie.

I will be so glad when the true facts of this case are brought to light. I can't wait until the day I log onto the internet and see a big headline banner across the news sites that states Zimmerman has been arrested.

:banghead: :furious:
~jmo~

If it were mentos and diet coke....

nope, still not a weapon, just a mess.

This is not nice to think about but does anyone know what an entry wound and exit wound would look like from a 9mm gun shot? I know sometimes it is hard to tell. jmo

You can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

I do believe Trayvon's mother, and what I heard on the recording was a juvenile screaming in terror. The sound doesn't fit with GZ based on what we heard earlier. It was a young, juvenile voice. Thank God for the two women who have been brave enough to stand their ground with their testimony.

I am just wondering if the police took GZ red shirt for evidence and underneath it he had on a white t shirt.JMO

I completely understand.

The only thing I would like to add to the debate is that Trayvon putting his hoodie up or hoodie down has nothing to do with why Trayvon is no longer alive. If Trayvon's hoodie was originally up and he put it down, you would have people saying that that was an aggressive act on Trayvon's part. That he was taunting Zimmerman.

ITA

The facts of the case aren't going to change whether his hoodie was up or down, it's just a distraction. Just as how his parents reacted after the fact is just a distraction.

The fact remains that GZ decided all on his own that an innocent boy was an effin **** and another one of those *advertiser censored******* who always gets away. It was his choice to go after him with a loaded gun.

JMHO

This is not nice to think about but does anyone know what an entry wound and exit wound would look like from a 9mm gun shot? I know sometimes it is hard to tell. jmo

That is why it would be SO NICE to have an autopsy report made public. Exactly where on the body was that entry wound??

Or, here's another one (speculation again) if I was being slowly followed by someone I might derive a pretext for taking a moment to assess the situation. You know, like stopping to tie my shoe, or maybe put my hoodie up. Jmo of course.

It's impossible to know why he put his hood up: there could be several reasons and reasonable people can disagree. He may have not wanted the person watching him to see he had an earpiece and a nice phone - or earbuds suggesting an ipod or iphone. Maybe he thought subconsciously it made him less conspicuous or made him feel more invisible or like he was just minding his own business. Maybe he was afraid his race would make him look more suspicious and was trying to hide that...who knows. I personally hate hoodies and kids that wear them look like gangsta wannabees to me, but the hoodie is not what got him killed. And we cannot know why he put his hoodie up, we can only do exactly what the investigation will do - try to figure out what is the most reasonable scenario based upon the evidence... and we do not have all the evidence.

All are the girlfriend's words - whether she told him he was pulling his hoodie up, or she assumed it (weird), those are her words.

That is the problem with double hearsay, someone gets it all wrong like the author of that article I was quoting did with his quote marks.

Tks for that article. Still the stats do not reveal how many folks would not have been charged if other self defense statutes would have been utilized that already existed prior to SYG statute.

You would have to google that. This article is relative to my original post to make a point. Many seem to feel Trayvon's tragedy was treated differently than others in the same situation, for whatever reason, because Zimmerman wasn't arrested.

Ummm what happened in here. It feels like the discussion has shifted from facts and the law to nitpicking things that may or may not be true n wouldn't change the course of events. Good night my friends. Let's all try to be nice to eachother. No matter what a child is dead and his parents friends and family are hurting. I pray justice is fair.

Unless you are referring to Geraldo, I have yet to see anyone here suggest Trayvon was killed because of his hoodie. Only questions about why someone would suggest.

This is my opinion...

My point is, that the same people who have a problem with Trayvon putting his hoodie up, would have the same problem if the hoodie was originally up and Trayvon removed it from his head. They would have found a way to twist and morph it into the same argument. That Trayvon was acting suspiciously.

When it is my opinion, that the hoodie being on his head or off his head has nothing to do with anything in this case?

I've linked this twice, that I remember, please like my post to acknowledge you've seen this:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/traynor-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."

Where does it say factually that he put his hoodie up to hide his face?

Again I don't see why this is so difficult to understand. He put his hoodie up. That is attested to and I have no dispute with that.

What I do have a problem with are the statements made as fact that he put his hoodie up to hide his face.

Nowhere have I seen any factual support to prove his motive in putting up his hoodie was to hide his face. Even his girlfriend didn't say that's why he did it.

Thus my complaint that this continues to be stated as fact and should not be, given the rules the mods have laid down.

What are facts are:

1) He put the hoodie up when he noticed some one watching him.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/traynor-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017

2) The man watching him thought that was suspicious.

"Zimmerman: We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy."

http://www.examiner.com/unsolved-cases-in-national/george-zimmerman-s-911-call-transcribed

All the ladies out there: what's the first thing you do when you feel like a suspicious man is following you down the street at night? You avert your eyes and start walking faster, correct?

That's essentially what TM did that night. When you avert your eyes (or pull up a hoodie), you psychologically feel more safe, almost invisible (i.e. if I can't see you, you can't see me).

Even still, why is this an issue? TM had a right to pull up his hoodie for whatever reason. Period.

lol, if it wasn't against tos, I'd give you my phone # to so you call, but then again, that wouldn't really prove it would it? you'd actually have to have the phone.

The link I posted discussed more than Iphones in all the replies and comments from users and techs.

I've not said that you lied. I've said I don't see how it is possible. I've searched all kinds and models of phones, including LG phones just because this really bugs me and I've not found any phone yet that reports it can do this.

I even just now called Verizon and TMobile ( I have accounts with both) and asked them if this is possible with any phones they have and they both said no. Now, i believe I have spent much more time on this perplexing issue than I should have so I'm done with it. :rocker:

IMO

I cant find my other post but I'm sorry, I did not pick that smilie and did not mean to insult you, trayvon or anyone else. The smilie was supposed to be running on a treadmill- as in we are going and going and going. I can't get the smilie page to work without poofing on my iPad. It is a hit, miss or a complete no go when I try to use it. Again, my apologies!

I think our spattiness went poof. No problems, we have. (that's my imitation of yoda, btw). :)

Unless you are referring to Geraldo, I have yet to see anyone here suggest Trayvon was killed because of his hoodie. Only questions about why someone would suggest.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Trayvon was murdered because he was wearing a hoodie.

I have seen a lot of people saying that putting the hood up while wearing a hoodie is a suspicious behavior.

I just don't see how it can possibly be viewed as suspicious. Maybe b/c I'm from the Seattle area and we (locals) don't carry umbrellas and I constantly see people putting up their hood and walking about looking at the houses in my neighborhood as they go by. That's what we do here....take walks in the rain and check out which neighbor has a new car or who planted what in their garden this year etc, etc.

I just do not understand when GZ had LE on the phone and he says there is a suspicious guy, why didn't he ask TM if he lived there. LE was right on the phone. It would have cleared matters up right then and there. GZ is admitting at that very moment that he felt TM was suspicious yet he waited until he hung up with the dispatcher to pursue TM until he found him. That's the part I don't get. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn