Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the broken Nose vs, bloody nose, the Attorney weighs in

In an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Sonner was asked if he could identify any injuries Zimmerman suffered on the night he shot and killed Martin. Sonner said that he believed Zimmerman’s nose was broken and that the back of his head also had lacerations before describing what his client told him.

“I have not discussed with him the incident of that night other than the injury he sustained were from Trayvon Martin,” Sooner replied. “I assume he hit him in the face and caused him to fall back and hit his head.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/24/zimmermans-lawyer-trayvon-martin-injured-my-client/

Nothing in there about being attacked from behind I see, Hmmmm

But there is a witness who stated that she heard no punching or anything to indicate a fight right before the shot.

There is a call on this website (call #2, I believe), http://www.sanfordfl.gov/frames/home_frames.html where yelling goes on in the background for 45 seconds before the shot. I'm going to have to assume it was going on before she called or she wouldn't have called.

SANFORD, Fla -- George Michael Zimmerman, the man at the center of the racially charged killing of an unarmed black teen, is a former altar boy, insurance salesman and college student.

And another label has also stuck in the public’s perception: frustrated cop wannabe.

Over the years, his scores of calls to police showed he pursued shoplifters and errant drivers with zeal, reporting pit bulls, potholes, children playing in the street, open garage doors and “suspicious” youths — usually black males — loitering in the street.

He peppered his calls with jargon familiar to police. In one case, he chased a reckless driver while calling 911 — the driver later told police he was terrified that Zimmerman was going to attack him. In another case, Zimmerman tailed a supermarket shoplifter until a police officer successfully arrested the thief.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2712299/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html#storylink=cpy

A ticking time bomb just waiting to explode.

Is anyone watching CNN?

I was in the other room but heard something about Trayvon's family bringing a civil suit against the HOA.

Also, someone from the Black Panthers was on the phone who said that this isn't a call to violence but a citizen's arrest which has been going on for decades. Disclaimer, I'm just putting it out there, not saying that I agree with it or believe it, lol.

Then the show host was talking about someone rejecting the Panthers but I didn't catch all that he was saying.

They turned him at some point, IIRC.... where did you read he was shot through the chest? I've never seen anything official on his wounds. TIA

It's in the police report, I believe.

My LG doesn't show missed calls either when it's shut down, nor does my sisters net10 Android (we experimented).

Sent from LG Esteem using Tapatalk
Not directed at you and I don't mean to offend anyone.

I think it's been established that some phones get listings of missed calls when turned off and some do not. But that does not establish what would show on the phone logs that can be obtained online.

While we think we know that TM's phone service was with T-Mobile because of the phone logs shown on the ABC broadcast, we don't know for certain what model phone he had.

So we really have no way to know what his phone logs might show if TM's phone had been turned off for a period of time.

While the comparisons of whose phone does what might be fascinating to some, I'm seeing it as :slapfight:

:truce:

This was also in the article:

As far as I'm concerned, that neighborhood watch guy was breaking that law as soon as he started following that kid. He was stalking him. That's not standing your ground," said Rep. Richard "Rich" Glorioso, R-Plant City, who voted for the bill. "If the law is applied right, it's a fine law. But we worried about how people would interpret it, and how it would be applied, when we were discussing it."

Therein lies the problem.

The analysis shows the law is being unevenly applied across the state. A case that's dropped in Tampa might make it to a jury trial in Miami.

Hayhoe said the Martin case shows a clear need for reconsideration.

He's surprised it hasn't happened earlier.

How do people catch someone in the act?
If you are suspicious, watch, you can catch a perp..
that is not called stacking. Detectives do it wives do it,
and watch men too….
GZ made his call and should have waited for the police.
He wanted to be a hero, now a kid is dead.

the people supporting him have to respond to whatever some unrelated group says because they're black too? Am I responsible for the Ku Klux Klan or the Westboro Baptist Church ? Just because some crazy fringe group is trying to get publicity by saying something outrageous I'm hardly going to link them to this victim and his family who have evidenced nothing but he most socially appropriate behavior. All black people don't belong to some monolith where they are all the same and think the same thing....geesh

Oh, and how is it the same anyway? No one has done anything to GZ it's only Trayvon that's been shot dead as far as I'm aware. How is it different-GZ is free as a a bird and he's the only one that's killed anyone in this situation.

Where are the leaders of the black community today? I've searched high and low for a statement from Al Sharpton or the Martin Family condemning the cry by the Panthers to hunt down Zimmerman and "wanted dead or alive", kill or capture him.

How is this any different than what G. Zimmerman is being accused of. Where is the outrage from the family and black leaders??

Crickets...

Whatever 911 operator told him is only a recommendation, not an order. He doesn't break any laws if he isn't following what an operator told him to do.
He has a full right to be in a gated community. So that in itself doesn't prove anything.

True - but is shows that GZ had an intent to follow and confront Tray. There is no self defense when you are the aggressor. By showing that GZ was the aggressor, his defense goes out the window.

Salem

A ticking time bomb just waiting to explode.

he chased a reckless driver, which probably means that he had to drive recklessly to keep up with him, and he tailed a supermarket shoplifter, and this is the person that is claiming that he did not make the first aggressive move and attempt to keep the unarmed teen from leaving before police got there, and is claiming self defense.....I am not buying it, but I can't wait to see what forensics turn up.

Heard no punching? I didn't know that punching someone makes a loud noise. Well only in old movies. And no other witness's heard a commotion before the gunshot?

Trayvon was killed nearly literally on her back porch. She says she heard no signs of a struggle (my paraphrasing).

Other witnesses did hear a commotion, but she says that was a few blocks away.

Have you watched the interview?

If not here it is.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/interview-with-witness-of-sanford-teen-shooting/vGYPW/

Why wouldn't the attorney know for sure what the extent of his injuries were and how he got them. jmo

The Attorney freely admits that he has only spoken to GZ by phone, so at this point it is highly likely that the Attorney only knows what GZ told him
and of course, he is inclined to believe him. IMO JMHO and stuff.

There is a call on this website (call #2, I believe), http://www.sanfordfl.gov/frames/home_frames.html where yelling goes on in the background for 45 seconds before the shot. I'm going to have to assume it was going on before she called or she wouldn't have called.

I believe that was a different witness. The one I am referring to said she heard nothing of the sort. See my post above with link to her interview.

I apologize Salem dear, just saw this. I do not know all, or really, any details of the cases, which I stated earlier when asked by another member. Yes it is MSM and I believe all are from Florida.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1221412.ece

"The Times analysis shows that more than 70 percent of the 130 cases involved a fatality.

In the majority of the cases, the person who plunged the knife or swung the bat or pulled the trigger did not face a trial.

In 50 of the cases, the person who used force was never charged with a crime. Another nine defendants were granted immunity by a judge, and nine cases were dismissed."

Thank you for this! I have been wanting to see some statistics on this law and how it is used/applied, especially in Florida. This helps me immensely.

Salem

Trayvon was killed nearly literally on her back porch. She says she heard no signs of a struggle (my paraphrasing).

Other witnesses did hear a commotion, but she says that was a few blocks away.

Have you watched the interview?

If not here it is.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/interview-with-witness-of-sanford-teen-shooting/vGYPW/
So the commotion or fight happen blocks away and then GZ and Trayvon moved to near where this witness lives making no noise until the gunshot? That sounds a bit strange to me.

I apologize Salem dear, just saw this. I do not know all, or really, any details of the cases, which I stated earlier when asked by another member. Yes it is MSM and I believe all are from Florida.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1221412.ece

"The Times analysis shows that more than 70 percent of the 130 cases involved a fatality.

In the majority of the cases, the person who plunged the knife or swung the bat or pulled the trigger did not face a trial.

In 50 of the cases, the person who used force was never charged with a crime. Another nine defendants were granted immunity by a judge, and nine cases were dismissed."

I'm not relating this to Trayvon, because what happened to him does not, from what's been reported, follow the Stand Your Ground law.

But, In true Stand Your Ground defenses, the stats you posted show that since 2005 130 people used the law as defense saying they were protecting themselves and out of that 130, as posted above, only 50 people were not charged. So, even if you add in the other 18 from the dismissals and immunity, that's 68 people who were not arrested/charged because they were defending themselves. 68 people from 2005 to 2012. That's seven years so that means less than 10 a year, right?

Less than 10 people a year defended themselves while over 113,000 people were victims of violence. That's 113,000 people who were violated, hurt, killed, raped, maimed, etc. against the 10 who were able to defend themselves.

As a Floridian with a CWP, I don't understand why people have to be victims of crime and not be able to defend themselves.

Can we really not believe that just 10 people out of 113,000 who were victims of violent crime weren't justified in defending themselves?

Do we really need to just stand there and take it?

So the commotion or fight happen blocks away and then GZ and Trayvon moved to near where this witness lives making no noise until the gunshot? That sounds a bit strange to me.

I don't think they moved anywhere.

This is the Neighborhood Watch Program Handbook posted on the City of Sanford's website in its TM section.

From the third page of the Neighborhood Watch Program Handbook, right hand column, bottom of page:

"<snip> You will add your &#8220;eyes and ears&#8221; to
those of the Police Department which
cannot be everywhere, all the time, by
keeping a watchful eye and open ear to
what is happening in your
neighborhood. You will extend their
ability to provide security by reporting
anything unusual or suspicious, 24 hours
a day, seven days a week, so they can
follow up on your leads. What you will
not do is get physically involved with
any activity you report or
apprehension of any suspicious
persons. This is the job of the law enforcement agency.
<snip>"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member