FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimberly: The correct information has been posted over and over all day long and I posted it hours ago on the Media thread - a Magistrate in Virginia is a type of Judge who is lower on the totem pole than an elected or appointed judge. He/She often works with prisoners who have just been booked. He has limited powers and doesn't make big decisions, but it is a position of responsibility.

Here in TN a Magistrate is someone who asks prisoners if they are going to make bail or not, and passes them on to the next phase with a Sessions Judge.

Virginia Magistrate PDF
http://www.courts.state.va.us/courtadmin/aoc/djs/programs/mag/home.html

Well I do apologize for the inconvenience. I'm not here 24/7 and must have missed if over and over again.
I didn't even know there was a media thread.

Toure giving Piers Morgan a whooping over having the brother on -- says he is estranged from GZ. Piers says that's wrong.

At the very end of the show I think Piers actually destroyed Tourie. He did not mince words and he made Tourie look very bad, imo. I think T underestimated Piers' intelligence. And he should not have questioned his journalistic ethics and competence, because in the end his own was called into question, and seen as wanting. Well done PM.

They were actually busted about 24 hours ago by Hannity. They are rightfully being taken to task on this. In such a sensitive situation tremendous care needs to be taken when reporting the story.

I don't get it? I've heard the 911 call where he says Trayvon is walking in the rain and he looked like he was on drugs? It was released in full for all to hear? Shows always edit the calls, etc...

Maybe I'm missing something?

I don't get it? I've heard the 911 call where he says Trayvon is walking in the rain and he looked like he was on drugs? It was released in full for all to hear? Shows always edit the calls, etc...

They altered the actual message being conveyed by that portion of the call. While they have journalistic license, that's pretty much blatant dishonesty.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Don't worry about it! When we were learning about post mortem death bands, I think everyone collectively pulled out a piece of their hair and started to examine it. That was an interesting day on Websleuths.

ETA: The duct tape experiments were even more interesting.

ETA: And how could I forget the pizza experiments. Yeah, those too.

--------------------
O/T sorry. Has anyone seen the commercial about Febreeze with the garbage in the car? :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

At the very end of the show I think Piers actually destroyed Tourie. He did not mince words and he made Tourie look very bad, imo. I think T underestimated Piers' intelligence. And he should not have questioned his journalistic ethics and competence, because in the end his own was called into question, and seen as wanting. Well done PM.

I am glad someone else saw this....it was absurd (IMO) the way he talked to Piers...I did not see the very end and can only hope Piers took him down a notch...I kept thinking young whippersnapper,lol, IMO.

Or related to Peyton Manning? :floorlaugh:

If the spot on George's head was the gash... I do wonder how it got so high up? I really need to see closer, clearer pictures.

It's not a gash now....it's a c_o_n_t_u_s_i_o_n.....let's try to keep our injuries straight here. Now the dark spot we see is not a gash it a bruise. By Monday Mr. Taaffe will be on NG's show as a talking head, expert in injuries. Mr. Taaffee is an expert in football injuries to the nose that don't show. jmo

I have to agree with you, Piers came on strong in the later rounds. Particularly didn't like Toure's line about Piers not knowing this country.

--------------------
O/T sorry. Has anyone seen the commercial about Febreeze with the garbage in the car? :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

No? :floorlaugh: I'll have to look it up.

the context in which he used the word "black" was edited - that is the racial issue that is happening

Right before GZ says " he looks like he's black" there is a question by the dispatcher...." What does he look like?"

If you edit that question out then he looks like he is personally focussing on the kids race, without being asked about it.

They altered the actual message being conveyed by that portion of the call. While they have journalistic license, that's pretty much blatant dishonesty.

They edited the part out where Zimmerman says Trayvon is walking in the rain and looking like he's on drugs and only aired only the part where Zimmerman says "he looks black?" Am I understanding this correctly?

I see some real problems with Zimmerman's story. He calls the non-911 number to report a suspicious male walking down the street. Ok, sounds normal so far. We know that Trayvon was wearing a hooded sweatshirt but Zimmerman claims that this male has his hands in his waistband. Now, I was going to ask for a photo of Trayvon in a hooded sweatshirt to see if it would have been possible for Zimmerman to see Trayvon's hands in his waistband but one was put on the thread before I got to the end. I know that my 14 year old daughter has a couple of hooded sweatshirts and the only way for her to have her hands in her pants pockets or her waistband is to pull up the bottom of the sweatshirt. We have also found out that the Skittles and Arizona Iced Tea were still in the pocket part of the hooded sweatshirt so I would say that it is unlikely that the bottom of the sweatshirt was pulled up. Next we have Trayvon walking up towards Zimmerman's truck, again I can believe that as Trayvon was walking home. However, I do not believe that Trayvon walked toward the truck to check Zimmerman out. This next part I would like some help with if ConcernedPapa is willing to help with his wonderful map of the area and where Trayvon was killed at and where Zimmerman's truck was at. How long on the call is there from the point we hear the truck door close to the point where Zimmerman says ok in response to being told that "we don't need you to do that"? Based on the average amount of time that a person would walk fast or run in a certain amount of time, where would Zimmerman have been during that point of the conversation with the dispatcher? Also, and this is a big one for me, Zimmerman had made numerous calls to police in the past and knows what their ETA is for arriving at the scene. Are we to really believe that Zimmerman could not wait for those few minutes for police to arrive and that Zimmerman felt it was his duty to follow Trayvon to see where he went? Or can we come to the conclussion that Zimmerman, knowing how long he had till police arrived, used that time to set up an alibi for himself in order to teach that suspicious male a lesson?

A 17 year old male was killed that night. The police knew who killed him that night. No arrest was made and no thorough investigation was done to find out the truth about what happened. This is not about Trayvon being black. This is not about Zimmerman being white/hispanic. It would not matter if one were purple and the other were green. This is about a 17 year old male being killed and his killer being set free without the truth of the situation being known. PERIOD.

MOO

Right before GZ says " he looks like he's black" there is a question by the dispatcher...." What does he look like?"

If you edit that question out then he looks like he is personally focussing on the kids race, without being asked about it.

Ohhhhhhhh!! Okay! Gotcha! Yeah, that's messed up.

They edited the part out where Zimmerman says Trayvon is walking in the rain and looking like he's on drugs and only aired only the part where Zimmerman says "he looks black?" Am I understanding this correctly?
Which was prompted by the dispatcher asking what race Martin is, which was not included.

no...............they took out:
911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?”

and left in:

Zimmerman: “He looks black.”

I have only read a tiny portion of the posts on Trayvon but I just watched this
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-martin-case-zimmerman-had-run-in-with-police
and found it very telling. GZ was ordered to anger management classes and despite the glowing reports from his relatives, he was violent.If y'all have already seen this, sorry for the duplicate.

Thank you, I personally did not see that particular report..

BBM. I suspect he is still violent..JMHO

I don't think I would have picked up on that, since GZ is calling in a report and I'd expect that information to be given.

Did you read the Hollywood Reporter story which is linked above? They edited that he looked like he was up to no good right to he is black. They edited out the dispatcher asking the question is he white, black or hispanic...leaving the impression that GZ was making a pronouncement about race, rather than in answer to a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BurgoPI