FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how would the police know that they don't have a case? Did they interview all of the potential witnesses that night? Did they have a CSI team come in and inspect the area? Or did they just take the word of the man that killed the 17 year old male and say ok, you're good to go? Anytime a person is shot, it is my opinion that the shooter should be placed under arrest until a complete investigation is done to determine if it was self-defense or an unlawful act. Perhaps if the police had used the logic that a lot of people have, and completed a complete investigation before claiming that Zimmerman acted in self-defense then we would not have this uproar and the issues that the Sanford PD is facing now.

MOO

No. It is my understanding that they took their "case" to the attorney and he told them they didn't have enough evidence.

I'm not sure how long you can hold a "suspect" while you gather evidence, if at all.

And how would the police know that they don't have a case? Did they interview all of the potential witnesses that night? Did they have a CSI team come in and inspect the area? Or did they just take the word of the man that killed the 17 year old male and say ok, you're good to go? Anytime a person is shot, it is my opinion that the shooter should be placed under arrest until a complete investigation is done to determine if it was self-defense or an unlawful act. Perhaps if the police had used the logic that a lot of people have, and completed a complete investigation before claiming that Zimmerman acted in self-defense then we would not have this uproar and the issues that the Sanford PD is facing now.

MOO
I don't think people are automatically arrested - believe they are questioned first

I am waiting for information from LE - having said that, a person with anger issues can still be a victim - we all know how the media reports go and what people with agendas put out to the media (think Baez). The thing is, if Mr. Zimmerman is innocent he will have to go the way of witness protection because when one has basically been labeled a racist murderer by people like Jackson and Spike Lee, Mr. Zimmerman's life will forever be in danger even if it is proven that he is innocent IMO

Link, please, confirming vigilante killings of persons dubbed "racist murderers" by the media?

There is a difference between an opinion and a flight of fancy.

No. It is my understanding that they took their "case" to the attorney and he told them they didn't have enough evidence.

I'm not sure how long you can hold a "suspect" while you gather evidence, if at all.

Actually the SA turned up at the crime scene on a Sunday night in the rain. A homocide detective wanted to arrest GZ because he said his story did not match the evidence and the SA said no. jmo

MOO

But the police were not the ones to make that decision. They had him in custody. The states district attorney made that decision. They decided there was not enough evidence at THAT time to charge him.

I have a question about the trademarking/copywriting. (I'm not looking for opinions regarding the case or to stir it up, opinions regarding trademarking is fine.). So mom is trademarking two phrases: i am trayvon and justice for trayvon. One, can you trademark a sentence like this without a photo? And two, if you already were using and selling items could you continue to do so because it was before it was tmed? And could a person counter TM it if they proved they used it first? Sorry if a bit off topic- if someone could answer really quick. Thx.

I have only read a tiny portion of the posts on Trayvon but I just watched this
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-martin-case-zimmerman-had-run-in-with-police
and found it very telling. GZ was ordered to anger management classes and despite the glowing reports from his relatives, he was violent.
If y'all have already seen this, sorry for the duplicate.
You all need to go to that link..After they talk about GZ's 2005 arrest,Politics nation comes on and they have 2 prosecutors and a detective who say GZ was under arrest that night and should NOT have been released. They also said if GZ is not charged within 170 or 175 days he cannot be arrested for it again........I am OUTRAGED by this.... ARREST ZIMMERMAN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO JMHO and all that

They were actually busted about 24 hours ago by Hannity. They are rightfully being taken to task on this. In such a sensitive situation tremendous care needs to be taken when reporting the story.

I guess it was inevitable that Sean Hannity would get something right eventually. <modsnip>[/I].

We really do not know. GZ could have gone up to TM with gun drawn like he was making a citizen's arrest. And Tray sought that this weirdo was really gonna shoot him on the spot. . Just because he was black and went for the gun. Remember, he was scared and barely 17 and did not think like an adult who would have used verbal communication first.

Yes, and doing that he would have broken more than one law, GZ I mean. Let's see, if he hadn't shot and killed poor Trayvon, and he pointed the gun at him and said stay where you are the police are on the way, or something like that, and the police arrive. They find that he has pointed and detained (kidnapping) a person who was supposed to be there, not breaking any laws. I wonder if they would have arrested George for brandishing a fire arm, threatening a person, kidnapping, etc. I don't think so based on how they handled this case.

Off topic---but was Travon's autopsy done by a ME or a coroner? Was it done in Orlando???? Just been thinking that TM's parents should find out the answers to these questions because if the post was not done in depth some questions that they have might not be answered. Might it be necssary to exhume TM and have a second independent post done----? Dr G???????
Just thought I'd throw this out there to give us another topic to get crqzy over. And, I really expect the post to give us some answers.

The Volusia County Medical Examiner is contracted to handle cases for Seminole County.

The Medical Examiner is a forensically trained physician, appointed by the Volusia County Government, to investigate violent, suspicious or unnatural deaths. Seminole County contracts with Volusia County Government to provide comprehensive Medical Examiner services. The Medical Examiner has a duty to determine objectively the cause and manner of death in such cases and is assisted by medical examiner investigators and law enforcement personnel.
http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/comsrvs/medexaminer.aspx

I have a question about the trademarking/copywriting. (I'm not looking for opinions regarding the case or to stir it up, opinions regarding trademarking is fine.). So mom is trademarking two phrases: i am trayvon and justice for trayvon. One, can you trademark a sentence like this without a photo? And two, if you already were using and selling items could you continue to do so because it was before it was tmed? And could a person counter TM it if they proved they used it first? Sorry if a bit off topic- if someone could answer really quick. Thx.
I'm very hazy on trademark law, but I feel I can answer two of your questions.

The first is that trademarks cover terms or phrases, while images would be copyright law. She would, indeed, trademark a phrase. A picture is not necessary.

The second is about someone "counter" trademarking. I believe there is a mechanism by which a person can contest a trademark if they can show that they were using the term first. There has to be some public evidence of it, I believe.

My son [23] and his gf came over for dinner tonight and I was in the kitchen watching Piers show and they were going to change it and I said 'wait, I want to see this part about Trayvon.'

So they watched it too. My future daughter-in-law-to-be LOVES Toure. And even she thought he was being a jerk. She said he seemed really closed minded and rude and she did not like the way he acted towards Piers at all.

He was very condescending and tried to reprimand him and even belittled him, imo. I think that is the wrong way to go about this thing.

I used to watch CNN all the time but don't much anymore so I have no clue who this Toure guy is....he is intelligent I am sure and passionate...I just felt as a guest on another dude's program he should have not been so brash,IMO.

And those types of edits are added to the choice of pictures the media used. They ALWAYS use his 8th grade football picture and him as an 8th grader as opposed to more current pictures as a 6 ft 3 17 yr old. And then they use the old mugshot of GZ instead of the more recent business headshot in a suit.

Really? ALWAYS? Then I wonder how in the world I've managed to see other pics of him if the only one the media uses in that one photo? Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381