DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:what: Telling stories :what:

If you knew that you have a child or brother that has been honest with you
You would not go to their side?
If you need to help a family member and you were not at the incident,
You wouldn’t ask the person to tell you exactly what happened?

I think they did come together as a family and try to help.

That does not make anyone mentally unstable.

BUT if I take your scenario...Trayvon can not tell his story...
so when his attorney comes out swinging "murder in cold blood"
is that not telling a real manufactured story????
Especially since an investigation s not over.

BBM, I never said that GZ was mentally unstable. I would just like to know if he was ever over emotional, had any odd ways of vigilante, any problems like that.
Personally I went to school with a man that shot a dear little boy to death.......thought the boy was a groundhog (from a porch)........YES, this man had always been a little off but never in trouble.......quick to show off. shoot first,look later......

All I wanted to know is GZ on of these type of individuals.
Also GZ brother hasn't seen him in YEARS yet said (hearsay) GZ was in a near death state.............

Of course would rally for my loved one nd want to know exactly what happened........but on national news........NOT........lawyers do that.
It is hearsay, they were not there and can't state anything as truth........JMOO

I'm going to say it: this case will end up exactly where the duke lacrosse case did.

I remember the Duke Lacrosse case and that one was not right even from the beginning.

And I don't disagree with that. However, the notion I got from the other poster was that all it takes is an arrest warrant and everyone would go away and be satisfied. What if no arrest warrant comes, for whatever reason?

ETA: It seems more like the concern is that Zimmerman get arrested, not that the judicial process takes place in whatever form it may be.

gotcha. I get your point and don't necessarily disagree with it. I want justice not just some placebo arrest to satisfy the likes of the talking heads temporarily or maintain the public peace or whatever.

Justice.

If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, the Rev. Al Sharpton will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.

Sounds like Rev Sharpton is asking for RIOTS, imo.

:eek: I'm shocked!!!

No, not really.

He is a joke IMO.

Had they arrested Zimmerman in the first place for the cold-blooded and brutal murder of Trayvon Martin, none of this would have happened. So instead of blaming Sharpton and Jackson, why don't we put the blame back where it belongs and that's on GEORGE ZIMMERMAN? All it takes at this moment is an arrest warrant and he's off the streets.

~jmo~

Why does it have to come to that? Zimmerman isn't the one organizing this stuff, Sharpton is. Sharpton is the one with the rhetoric. It's called inciting a mob. This same exact scenario happens a lot (where someone doesn't get arrested right away) and nobody riots but because it's white and black it's justified?

Give me a break.

Had they arrested Zimmerman in the first place for the cold-blooded and brutal murder of Trayvon Martin, none of this would have happened. So instead of blaming Sharpton and Jackson, why don't we put the blame back where it belongs and that's on GEORGE ZIMMERMAN? All it takes at this moment is an arrest warrant and he's off the streets.

~jmo~

I agree---GZ should have been arrested.

But it is sickening the way that Sharpton and Jackson go out there and pretend that the young black males are all dying because they are being killed by white racists. That is exactly what they are trying to spin this into.

and what is the truth?

" Blacks are six times more likely to be victims of violent crime than whites. The same study reports that Blacks are eight times more likely than whites to be perpetrators of violent crime than their white counterparts."

http://newsone.com/nation/tjstarr/black-male-on-black-male-crime/

Meanwhile these national protests are all about 'white people killing young blacks' for no apparent reason. Ignoring the facts completely that helped to create the bias some might have when they see a teen black at night wandering their neighborhood. Sharpton is trying to make this all about white racism and is ignoring the responsibility that he has as a leader to get his own house in order too. This whole thing is interrelated, imo.

If statistically it can be shown that black males are EIGHT TIMES more likely to be violent perps in the neighborhood than whites, is it justified for a watchman to feel suspicious and even nervous?

JMOO, I don't care if TRAYVON ws black, white, green or purple, gay, straight...........
he was just a kid, wearing a hoodie, going home in the rain, talking to girlfriend on his cell...........
what right did GZ have to follow him in the first place?
TM wasn't breaking any laws.
Why did GZ get out of his car?
Why did he draw his gun?
Why did he shoot?
I have MOO.........macho man???...........
GZ have a job? married? or just this hobby of neighborhood watch?

I have a really silly question, but it's something I heard somwhere. Does anyone know if it's true that Zimmerman's father used to be judge? Just curious. TIA.

Oh my - this just on MSNBC live

It seems GZ's attorney is now speaking out against RZ (the brother) - he's saying that the brother hasn't spoken to GZ in YEARS and that the comments RZ made about injuries and medical records are not backed up by GZ because RZ has not been in contact with GZ for years.

Oh my - two on the same side now aruging publicly? Really? Dissention in the ranks?

The truth doesn't change. But it seems two people - both GZ supporters can't get their truths right.

hhmmm...........................................

Sorry - no link - I just watched it on MSNBC.

JMHO

So, now I must ask myself, what EXACTLY did the brother say that has them scrambling for cover and distancing themselves? :waitasec:

To me Al is an irritant. BUT. I'm not black, I haven't had to walk in their shoes. If I were, I might really like the man.

And I don't disagree with that. However, the notion I got from the other poster was that all it takes is an arrest warrant and everyone would go away and be satisfied. What if no arrest warrant comes, for whatever reason?

ETA: It seems more like the concern is that Zimmerman get arrested, not that the judicial process takes place in whatever form it may be.

BBM

God help me for diving down this rabbit hole, but here goes...

Re. your ETA and the part BBM - I think what the concern is that people want to see a jury of 12 citizens hash out the facts and decide whether Zimmerman acted in self-defense or not.

They don't trust Sanford LE, the State Attorney's office or, for that matter, ANY governmental agency making the sole decision that Zimmerman acted in self-defense. Too much spin and it is getting worse by the day, imo.

I get that. I really do. Frankly, I feel much the same. I work in law and moderated the Anthony forum. I'm familair with the Pinellas 12. Juries don't always rule the way you expect them to. So, be careful what we ask for and all that.

I would love to know which one of them is screaming for help.
According to what I've read, a voice analysis by the FBI will be coming out shortly. Personally, I think it sounds like a younger male. I've heard it many times on TV (doesn't make it so, but that's JMO)

So to get back to the case... there are those who have suggested... some have even said it flat out... that if TM threw the first punch, GZ is justified in shooting him in self defense. My point is, you need to take the totality of the situation into account. It's been explained in recent posts, if TM threw the first punch it doesn't automatically make him the aggressor, justifying deadly force by GZ. Likewise, the fact that GZ followed TM at some point doesn't necessarily mean that HE was the aggressor in the moments before he fired.

I would agree if I hadn't read the statutes last night. The ones I just looked at don't include those that were passed this year. It seemed that every statute had a statute that broadened or contradicted it. Can someone post the site that has those statutes ?

I come back to:

Trayvon's parents are bad parents?
Trayvon is a rotten kid?

My favorite has to be questioning why Trayvon was walking in the rain?

In Florida, it rains? I know? Shocking! If no on were to ever leave their homes when it was raining... no one would ever get anything done.

It's like questioning why a kid would walk to the store when it is snowing? It's what we do? You're not going to melt from walking in the rain? There are people who will walk in lightening storms to get where they need to go? I see people walking, running, jogging, in lightening storms. Now, I personally think they are crazy, but walking to the store in rain... is normal!

ETA: Umbrella's suck! They never seem to make any difference because I end up soaked anyways.

To me Al is an irritant. BUT. I'm not black, I haven't had to walk in their shoes. If I were, I might really like the man.

It's been said by former members of his "team" that he lies to incite the public. He makes crap up and even when he knows the person he is advocating for is lying, he would NEVER say that or back down.

<mod snip>

I hate all racism. Even "reverse" racism.

Did anyone hear in calls to 911 from the residents, from the dispatcher, "we have officers in the area".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb