FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
( puts on his accountant hat)

It's an IRS lien for unpaid gift taxes.

Yes, there is tax on gifts that you give to other people. The tax is due from the person GIVING the gift and has to be reported on Form 709 (which is noted on the lien):

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f709.pdf

If I had to guess, the IRS audited one of the people that Abraham gave money to. The IRS assumes that money you get is taxable income unless you can show it's not. I am guessing that the recipient said it was a gift from Abraham, so the IRS went after Abraham for the gift tax.

( removes his accountant hat)

(ACR is not an accountant therefore has no accountant hat :))

, my question is... would this Federal Tax Lien be for "one only" person whereas a gift were given or several $ gifts given to several people and thus the calculation on the 709 form totally the $5,145.71? Is there a way to reverse calculate how much Abraham gave away based on this $5,145.71 amount due figure?

Since the tax lien form states it's for tax year ending 12/31/2006, we can assume this was gift money Abraham gave away shortly after he won the lotto in November 2006 whereas the gift receiver claimed it as a gift on their own 2006 tax return. If this is the case and Abraham gave away more money in 2007 or 2008 (that somebody also claimed they received as a gift), then can we assume there will probably be yet more tax leins for the year 2007 and/or 2008 also?

ACR

I remember the post (I think). It mentioned AS (or someone who looked like him) and it also mentioned Eddie Dixon? Am I remembering correctly?

I am not sure if the peron who posted has been back here. If it's the same post I'm thinking of, I'd have to go back and look for it. Let me know if we're thinking about the same post.

YES!!! That's it Boyz Mum!! And I had forgotten about the Eddie Dixon part, although I knew there was 'someone' who'd said they seen him in MD, that was tied to him, that could be lying. I think it must have been Amerikai or Dmoore who told us about the MD thing. I don't have time to go back through posts right now, but might get a chance late tonight.

YES!!! That's it Boyz Mum!! And I had forgotten about the Eddie Dixon part, although I knew there was 'someone' who'd said they seen him in MD, that was tied to him, that could be lying. I think it must have been Amerikai or Dmoore who told us about the MD thing. I don't have time to go back through posts right now, but might get a chance late tonight.

Here is the post I was thinking of:

I may be way off base here but I became ery interested in this case because for the majority of the summer and early fall there were two men that frequented a corner here in Baltimore that I could swear were Abraham and EDDIE DIXON!!! Both men appeared to be homeless and carried a shopping cart but hung out in a very odd place for the city's homeless. Usually you see the homeless a bit outside of city center but these two were right at a major intersection. I wish that they were still there so I could get a better look. I have not seen them in quite a while but like I said before I saw them nearly every day all summer long.

It can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92288&page=8

Post number 198

If I am not allowed to bring this post here, please delete.

Here is the post I was thinking of:

I may be way off base here but I became ery interested in this case because for the majority of the summer and early fall there were two men that frequented a corner here in Baltimore that I could swear were Abraham and EDDIE DIXON!!! Both men appeared to be homeless and carried a shopping cart but hung out in a very odd place for the city's homeless. Usually you see the homeless a bit outside of city center but these two were right at a major intersection. I wish that they were still there so I could get a better look. I have not seen them in quite a while but like I said before I saw them nearly every day all summer long.

It can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92288&page=8

Post number 198

If I am not allowed to bring this post here, please delete.

Here's the rest of the posts from erihum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
Whatever happened to that poster who swore they had seen Abraham in....was it Baltimore?...numerous times over the summer? Hmmmmm, who, in their right mind would go from FL to Baltimore? Ever?

That was me. I typically just lurk here reading what dirt is dug up daily. I will again say that I do believe that it was Abraham and Eddie Dixon that I saw all summer long. Does anyone know if Eddie was in Florida this summer or did he disappear for short/long periods of time? I have not reposted because there is no new news. If I see them again I will call law enforcement or the detectives handling the case.
Thanks

Posted 12/13:

There was a ledger post that had a picture of AS, ED and DM from the beginning of the thread. I was taken aback because of the fact that ED was soooo recognizable to me. I really have no idea if this was them or not and like I said I am unable to follow up because I have not seen them there in quite some time. I really just posted incase someone came across something that made a connection with Baltimore elsewhere this may help confirm or discount other pieces of information. Please keep in mind that it has been about 2 months since I last saw the pair here in Baltimore that could have be AS & ED!
Thanks

Erihum last logged in 3/21

Here's the rest of the posts from erihum:

Posted 12/13:

Erihum last logged in 3/21

This must mean that Erihum is still reading here?
I guess that would NOT have been AS at least....as he was already deceased and buried by that time.

Yep.. So I apologize to Erihum for thinking they were DDM when I first posted here. LOL (I thought someone was trying to spin everyone off the right trail, if AS was in Baltimore, alive and pushing around a shopping cart, he couldn't be buried in some orange grove or under a concrete slab, right?) Hope you understand.

Also, since they posted it had been a couple of months since seeing the enigmatic pair, that would be sometime around October '09?

Not an accountant, no accountant hat. So if the accountant would check out my reasoning below and give me a verict if I'm at least in the right ball park, it would be appreciated.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i709.pdf
$ 5145.71 gift tax.
Most likely has interest and penalties. But for an outside figure, if it did not include those, then using the tax table, tax on $20,000 = $3,800. Additonal tax for excess beyond $20,000 to $40,000 is 22% on excess. So,
http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/details.asp?doc_id=7444334&file_num=2010044502&doc_status=V
$5145.71 gift tax owed - $3800 flat rate for $20,000 gift = $1345.71 tax on excess.
$1345.71 / 22% = $6116.86 (rounded) excess gift given
So, total gift for $5,145.71 gift tax if it does not include penalties or interest would be
$20,000 + $6116.86 = $26,116.86 gift he gave that he had to pay taxes on.

However, it probably does include interest and penaties since it was filed in 2007 so the gift was probably less than $26,116.86. But at least that gives an outside range.

If he really had given Dorice the $1,000,000 she claimed was a gift (which no on in their right mind believes), then the gift tax for that would have been $345,800. But if she stole that money from him, he would not owe a gift tax, but she would still have to pay income taxes on the money and the property she "allegedly" stole from him.

http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0,,id=112999,00.html
SNIP From the IRS site:
"When no other crimes could be pinned to Al Capone, the Internal Revenue Service obtained a conviction for tax evasion. As the astonished Capone left the courthouse he said, "This is preposterous. You can't tax illegal income!" But the fact is income from whatever source derived (legal or illegal) is taxable income. "

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf
If she had to pay income taxes on the million, it should be
$1 million * 35% - $25,640 = $324,360

I wonder what line you report illegal activities income on. I've never really needed that information while filling out my return.

And she gets a public defender. Go figure.

His family will never see all the money she has already spent and wasted trading in expense cars to a fraction of the cost, the vacations, and the depreciation of what they will get back. IMO, a nonaccountant, that was income she should be taxed on.

And for all the money and toys and property that Dorice gave to her friends and family, then won't she have to pay a gift tax on that money?

One additional question for those much smarter than me, which is most likely everyone here: If there is no debtor prison, how can you go to prison for tax evasion? You owe a debt to the IRS, you can't pay it, you go to prison. Sounds like debtor prison to me.

2 separate issues.

Owing money you can't pay is a civil issue. Nobody goes to jail for JUST not paying. There are no debtor's prisons.

Tax evasion is a crime, as you are not following the tax laws. Generally evasion is done to make your tax bill appear lower than it is, but even if you paid the money you actually owed you could still go to prison for the crime of evasion. But this doesn't happen very often.

I am so glad you are here.

Actually I am glad everyone is here as you all have posted something that I have learned from, some fact I didn't know or hadn't found, something I didn't understand correctly that you have cleared up, something I would not have found anywhere else, things I found here first only to have posted in the media later, something the media or police misunderstood and you corrected, some link to a media article or public record I would have missed without you, or some new question to ponder.

That's why I like this site.

Thats not true,I talk to miss walker ,it is understood in order to protect miss walker some things ,are kelp out from the media, beyond what i can tell you.instead we need to focus on who-else involved with the dealth of Abraham ,instead of his taxes.

Thats not true,I talk to miss walker ,it is understood in order to protect miss walker some things ,are kelp out from the media, beyond what i can tell you.instead we need to focus on who-else involved with the dealth of Abraham ,instead of his taxes.

If you talk to Ms. Walker, can you ask her who Robert Earl Brown, Jr.'s mother is? He says his mother is Elizabeth Walker and he is Abraham's 1/2 brother. This has been reported in the media. James Shakespeare's obituary lists Robert Brown as his stepson.

Christi has told us that Ms. Walker says he is not her son. She said that the family felt bad for him when he was growing up and he stayed with them for awhile. She said that he went to the funeral home for James Shakespeare, Abraham's father, and he was the one who prepared the obit. If he has had that much involvement in Ms. Walker's family and has been a friend to Abraham for this long, I would think she must know who his mother is. His father is obviously Robert Earl Brown, Sr., but who is his mother? He lived in Lake Wales growing up.

Also, I don't understand what you are saying is not true. Christi brought up the taxes and asked what it was.

As far as focusing on who else is involved in the murder, I believe the police are trying to focus on that. Since Dorice owned the gun which murdered him, she was in possession of that gun, she knew where the body was buried, she made arrangements to have her husband dig and fill that hole, she bought the backhoe, she made the video tape, she knew he was shot twice, she had the means, motive, and opportunity, and since she ended up with the majority of his assests, seems she is a pretty easy target to implicate. And she threw her own kid under the bus by blaming him for it, do I think she could pull the trigger? If I was on that jury, she would be guilty. Do I think she could and would do it alone? Again, if I was on the jury, I sure enough do think she could.

I don't think we have enough information to do anything more than speculate on if anyone was involved in the actual murder. Who else benefitted from his murder? I personally would not speculate on a person committing murder without some substantial evidence that they did it. And I don't see any evidence that anyone else was involved in the murder with what has been made public. James Moore, Dorice's husband, dug the hole and he filled the hole. But other than him, I can't see yet that anyone else had any involvement from what has been shown. Not saying there wasn't anyone else involved in his murder, just that there is no evidence that I have seen to implicate anyone other than Dorice Moore.

There is, however, plenty of public records to show who transferred his assets and who they were transferred to. It would appear that Howard Stitzel transferred most, if not all, of his assets to Dorice Moore as far as property. And he did not take the time to make sure the money owed was transferred to Abraham when he transferred the property. It appears that Judy Haggins helped transfer the bank accounts to Dorice Moore.

And there seems to be people who were willing to take money to help cover up his disappearance, like the man who called Ms. Walker pretending to be Abraham and then ended up working with the police to locate the body. And Howard Stitzel told police he had talked to him in October 2009, which just did not happen.

So, I'm not willing to speculate that another person has committed murder without some kind of evidence against them tipping the scales. When it comes to accusing someone of murder, I'm just not that eager to point the finger at a potentially innocent person.

Are you willing to speculate? Who else do you think was involved in his murder and what evidence can you point to that supports the accusation? If you want us to focus on who else was involved, then we'd have to have someone to focus on and some evidence to back it.

What's not true?

Sorry it has taken me so long to post.I was in marathon, friday night, on a fishing trip ,near key west ,and i stay over night.
Susan1 ,you post,"If you talk to Ms. Walker, can you ask her who Robert Earl Brown, Jr.'s mother is?"
I call her tonight,and she said he is no relation to her ,he is just long-time friend of abraham.when i ask about ,who his mother is ,and why he is mention in the obituary.she said reporters ,and other people had been asking her about him.she dont know him ,or recollect who his mother is .you see ,As a still grieving mother,Miss walker know that their are people out their trying to get next to her like they did her son ,launching around.Money really makes people show their true color . Miss walker, know all her children ,and grandchildren.but when you have outside people launching around you,or trying to be a friend ,who have never been in her life .its evident what they are their for :Abraham money!
So quite posting about ,Earl Brown, He is a no body .when i see him i dont know what i might do,and stop asking me, to tell my grandma question because she is alone and still grieving over abraham ,this summer i planned a couple trips to console her .
christi you wrote ,"What's not true?",That post, wasn't ment for you .
I dont know you ,as my family continue to get larger ,all i can say is welcome to the family

Sorry it has taken me so long to post.I was in marathon, friday night, on a fishing trip ,near key west ,and i stay over night.
Susan1 ,you post,"If you talk to Ms. Walker, can you ask her who Robert Earl Brown, Jr.'s mother is?"
I call her tonight,and she said he is no relation to her ,he is just long-time friend of abraham.when i ask about ,who his mother is ,and why he is mention in the obituary.she said reporters ,and other people had been asking her about him.she dont know him ,or recollect who his mother is .you see ,As a still grieving mother,Miss walker know that their are people out their trying to get next to her like they did her son ,launching around.Money really makes people show their true color . Miss walker, know all her children ,and grandchildren.but when you have outside people launching around you,or trying to be a friend ,who have never been in her life .its evident what they are their for :Abraham money!
So quite posting about ,Earl Brown, He is a no body .when i see him i dont know what i might do,and stop asking me, to tell my grandma question because she is alone and still grieving over abraham ,this summer i planned a couple trips to console her .
christi you wrote ,"What's not true?",That post, wasn't ment for you .
I dont know you ,as my family continue to get larger ,all i can say is welcome to the family

Marathon is a beautiful town and I hope you did well on your fishing trip.
Thank you for asking who Robert Earl Brown, Jrs mother is. It is unfortunate she does not know because if the mother is found, then it can be proved he is not telling the truth about being Ms. Walker's son. It sounds like you think he is saying that to get Abraham's money. I think he is doing it to get his 15 minutes of fame by having stories written about him and being on TV. I hope that if you see him you do nothing to him as he just is not worth the problems it will cause you if you do something to him.
So, the post where you wrote that something was not true, what were you saying was not true?

susan1 you post,"So, the post where you wrote that something was not true, what were you saying was not true?"
someone post,about abraham assets,I dont have the time to search the post tonight ,but i have been advised by my family differently .and since their are other distant relatives ,who are reading this post ,i dont want to create conflict within my family regarding a post on abraham assets .As in every family their are some good sheeps ,and bad sheeps ,and i have witness them all,and dont want to have nothing to do with it.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...cess-to-DeeDee-Moore-s-Case-Records-Supported

Public Internet Access to "DeeDee" Moore's Case Records Supported
The Ledger requested court records in her case be available online.

By Jason Geary
THE LEDGER

Published: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 4:18 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 4:18 a.m.
( page all of 2 )

*SNIP*

TAMPA | Hillsborough County's chief judge said Monday he was ready to designate the case of Dorice 'DeeDee' Moore to be of 'significant public interest' so records in the murder case can be made accessible online.

Judge Manuel Menendez Jr. said he was prepared to sign an order allowing the online access. On Monday, a lawyer for The Ledger, Gregg Thomas, requested during a brief meeting at the Hillsborough County Courthouse that the court records be accessible.

The Ledger plans to post records on its Web site as they become available.

Lawyers for Moore indicated that they will want time to review evidence in her case before it is made public.
----

JMO this case should not have been moved to awaiting trial yet. I think it should be after all arrest related to murder are made.

Susan it is your opinion she commited this murder alone and there is not evidence of the contrary. I for one disagree so I agree with Lashek.

just so you know lashek it is not just family/relatives. that reverant she is always with only talks about the money and you can bet thats what he is after. where was he when abraham was missing? he was not in the media then, or protecting miss walker like he should of if he was the money hungry greedy type I can tell he is!
-priest-.gif
_dollarus__revision_by_Mrichston.gif
_money__by_Snowstorm_13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads