FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just emailed all of Adji's information to national talk radio host Neal Boortz. He has a second home in Naples, FL and I am hoping he may see our baby's little face and feel like giving him some national attention. I think I will send it to all the national radio hosts of all flavors (dems, repubs, inds, etc) and maybe one will pick up the story.

I am way too attached to this child I have never seen or met. If it turns out for the worst, I will need some serious mental health intervention from you guys. I suspect we all will. I was hurt by Dominick's outcome but I was not shocked. With Adji, I still feel he is alive out there, but we just don't know for sure. I can't begin to imagine how his family feels.

Is there a flyer for him, a PDF or other file I can email as an attachment?

Grace - What a great idea!

You can download Adji's flier at the link next to his picture at the bottom of http://www.colliersheriff.org/

I also feel that Adji is still alive:)

I'm so glad people are trying to get this little boy's face out there. I was angry that NG just devoted the last few minutes of her show a couple of times to him. I've been telling people here, I live in CA about Adji and that he's been missing since before Haleigh. I'm glad of course that Haleigh gets coverage but it is so obvious which cases will be featured and which ones won't. That is sad. Okay there I feel better having ranted.

I'm so glad people are trying to get this little boy's face out there. I was angry that NG just devoted the last few minutes of her show a couple of times to him. I've been telling people here, I live in CA about Adji and that he's been missing since before Haleigh. I'm glad of course that Haleigh gets coverage but it is so obvious which cases will be featured and which ones won't. That is sad. Okay there I feel better having ranted.

My computer crashed as I was answering you, so I bet this may post twice :blushing:

Rant away, I understand your frustration. I guess that is why we try to advocate for him and the others; if Nancy and Greta and Geraldo won't feature him, then we will nag and remind and pester everyone we can on his behalf.

We know so little about him compared to Caylee and Haleigh. Where is his father and could he have taken him? Are there other kids missing in the farm village area? Are there sex offenders living close by? So few details to go on.

Let me post before I lose this, too.

I just emailed his flyer to everyone on my contact list and posted the information to my online smoke stopping support group. I just keep getting ideas of national/international groups to send info to.

My town is out of tv converter boxes, but luckily the channel that shows AMW here has not switched over to digital so I can watch it after all.

When I saw the one short sentence "Smiles alot" well, that I couldn't take. I cried so hard for him tonight. My heart breaks for him and his family.
That one sentence evokes the perfect picture of this child. Sweet, simple, unaffected, with a smile full of joy and a heart full of happiness. To think of something bad happening to him is so hard. This child personifies innocence.

When I saw the one short sentence "Smiles alot" well, that I couldn't take. I cried so hard for him tonight. My heart breaks for him and his family.
That one sentence evokes the perfect picture of this child. Sweet, simple, unaffected, with a smile full of joy and a heart full of happiness. To think of something bad happening to him is so hard. This child personifies innocence.

He's obviously a very sweet and innocent child. We need more of him in this world.

Alas, there's no family matriarch to force his case into the foray, no family feud to keep viewers interested. It's almost tempting to feed the media some story of black magic/drug smuggling/high intrigue to get his story on the front pages and in the junk they call news these days.

God Bless You, you sweet baby. If prayer counts for anything, you are safe and sound.

Search for Adji: Six weeks later

The Collier County Sheriff's Office says a film crew from "America's Most Wanted " will be in Immokalee Friday morning to focus on the search for missing six-year-old Adji Desir.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/39871642.html

That is great news about AMW! and the fact that AMW is filming there gives an excuse for local news to cover it again.

i am curious, for those of you who believe he is OK and being cared for somewhere : How do think he may have got to wherever he is? If he has been taken in by someone who has no idea who he is or where he's from he must have travelled quite some distance, since there was a pretty exhaustive search in his own area.
Could he perhaps have climbed in the back of a truck and it drove off and then got out again when it stopped in some other town and was wandering around and someone took him home???? This sounds crazy but it is what popped into my mind at the time.
(or is there a train that stops nearby his village?)

Or he could have been abducted but then escaped? (like if someone lured him to get in a car, then drove a long way before stopping for gas or something, and he ran away while they were stopped?)
I hate to think of this sweet boy being harmed at all, but if he had been abducted and abused and then escaped, if someone found him and saw physical signs of abuse and he acted scared, tried to hide etc., they might have thought it was his own family who was abusive and he had run away from home, and they might not contact any authorities for fear he would be given back.

I hope and pray Adji is indeed alive and the attention with AMW will mean someone who has seen this little guy will see his photo and recognize him and call.

He's obviously a very sweet and innocent child. We need more of him in this world.

Alas, there's no family matriarch to force his case into the foray, no family feud to keep viewers interested. It's almost tempting to feed the media some story of black magic/drug smuggling/high intrigue to get his story on the front pages and in the junk they call news these days.

God Bless You, you sweet baby. If prayer counts for anything, you are safe and sound.

And let's not forget the major factor that he is a Black boy. So he doesn't benefit from Missing White Woman Syndrome, Juvenile Variety.
Plus there may be a language barrier that makes his relatives less desirable to television as interview subjects .

Totally with you on your comment on the news. Maybe he'd get some attention if his Grandmère were a vodoun priestess and he disappeared during a ceremony and another side of the family were claiming he had been made into a zombie? :rolleyes: Do you think that would do it?

I'm so glad to know that AMW is featuring Adji. Still hoping and praying.

And let's not forget the major factor that he is a Black boy. So he doesn't benefit from Missing White Woman Syndrome, Juvenile Variety.
Plus there may be a language barrier that makes his relatives less desirable to television as interview subjects .

Totally with you on your comment on the news. Maybe he'd get some attention if his Grandmère were a vodoun priestess and he disappeared during a ceremony and another side of the family were claiming he had been made into a zombie? :rolleyes: Do you think that would do it?

I am so glad you have the nerve to go "there". I have wanted to but didn't want to start a fight or offend. However, from some of the responses I have gotten out in the world, there is an attitude of "why should I care about another missing black kid?" "D*** illegals shouldn't be here in the first place." and lots of kind compassionate thoughts such as those. :mad:

And there is no attractive/sexy/scandalous family to interview on NG or Greta, no teen babysitter, no pole dancing pictures. How does our baby compete against that? In this society? There's not even much interest for him on the discussion sites. No google maps or family trees or myspace discussions. Maybe AMW will stir some interest.

But, as I said earlier, this goes to show that you never know who God will send to fight for you. Adji and his family will never know that a big group of strangers from across the country are out here praying for him and fighting to bring him home. Kind of gives me strength to fight my own battles a little harder as there may be a lot of people fighting with me unbeknownst to me.

Ok, taking my own advice and doing a google map. When I figure out what to do with it, I will try to post it here. Farm Workers Village is actually on the map, I was surprised.

Farm Worker Village area on satellite

Attachments

• farm worker village.jpg
    farm worker village.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 154
Thanks for posting all of that Gracenote. And for the bump on his MySpace page. As for the Google Map...I hadn't actually seen the area before so thanks for doing that too. It's good to be able to see the area. It is kind of concerning though, to me at least, that there is a state highway very close to the area. If he made it that far...who knows. Is that a river/creek running along the road?

Thanks for posting all of that Gracenote. And for the bump on his MySpace page. As for the Google Map...I hadn't actually seen the area before so thanks for doing that too. It's good to be able to see the area. It is kind of concerning though, to me at least, that there is a state highway very close to the area. If he made it that far...who knows. Is that a river/creek running along the road?

You are very welcome :) I tried to look at the topography but my computer is so old and slow. It does look like a creek. And the ruralness of it worries me. It reminds me of the counties where I did outreach here, and you could lose an army out there and never find them until some hunter runs across them in the fall. And that state road bothers me, too. I scrolled up and down in both directions and there is a town to the North with another big road running left to right across the page. I read he was last seen walking down the road as his friends went home, and if he was picked up...well, I am glad he will get some national media when AMW has him on.

I am so glad you have the nerve to go "there". I have wanted to but didn't want to start a fight or offend. However, from some of the responses I have gotten out in the world, there is an attitude of "why should I care about another missing black kid?" "D*** illegals shouldn't be here in the first place." and lots of kind compassionate thoughts such as those. :mad:

And there is no attractive/sexy/scandalous family to interview on NG or Greta, no teen babysitter, no pole dancing pictures. How does our baby compete against that? In this society? There's not even much interest for him on the discussion sites. No google maps or family trees or myspace discussions. Maybe AMW will stir some interest.

But, as I said earlier, this goes to show that you never know who God will send to fight for you. Adji and his family will never know that a big group of strangers from across the country are out here praying for him and fighting to bring him home. Kind of gives me strength to fight my own battles a little harder as there may be a lot of people fighting with me unbeknownst to me.

Here I live in San Diego, just down the road from me, Amber Dubois dissapears on her way to school. She's been missing since the 13th (10 days ago), and I just heard about it late last week. It's not even on the news, but a blurb here and there. She's white, with no family scandal either. So I guess I don't necessarily know if it's race, or what the media latches on to.

OTOH - there's a true correlation between finding poor black children than rich white children. I looked at Caylee's room, and she has so many widgets, you can open a store. Poor Adji was probably just getting by.

Why can't the media be fair in reporting. Like I always say, a child, is a child, is a child. I don't care if they're purple, pink, or green. All missing children should receive the same standard of care from LE and the FBI. Just like medical protocol - Do No Harm~

Not to get off topic - but the Media took the Anthony's to the Ritz. What do Haleigh Cumming's family get? A tent that leaks when it rains.

For adji - I hope we see you soon.

Melanie

Checking up on Adji's thread. GOD bless you child wherever you are. People are looking for you. They do care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper