GUILTY FL - Ahziya Osceola, 3, beaten to death, Hollywood, 19 March 2015 *stepmother arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, the judge refused to lower her bond and she has 0$$. She can't be in contact with Nelson Osceola. If they come up with $23,000 cash and $230,000 in surety, she won't be getting out any time soon. Also, IF they raise the money and can back up the rest with real property, she is to wear a GPS monitor and be on house arrest.

OMG i'm so mad!!!!!!!!!!!! :tantrum:

the father and step-mother aren't the only ones that killed this baby, they should charge the state of florida too :furious:

how many times, how many reports, how many????????? half-assed investigated and totally disregarded!!!!!!!!!!!

omg.......i feel sick after reading these latest posts......unbelievable :tantrum:

I watched the bond hearing too Carolina, thanks so much for the link.

Stepmom appeared via satellite. She is being held at the North Broward Bureau.

The North Broward Bureau is a minimum to medium security, special needs detention facility housing male and female offenders. The facility also houses protective custody female offenders and female juveniles. The facility currently holds 1,200 inmates.

The primary mission of the facility is to house and manage the mentally ill, medically infirm and special needs inmate population.

https://www.sheriff.org/about_bso/dodcc/jails/nbb.cfm

BBM - her visitation schedule lists the code 12MW, which that website states is the female infirmary.

When she appeared on camera for court this morning, she was wearing an anti-suicide smock.

An attorney represented her in court, but she made it clear to the judge that she has not been retained yet.

The judge read the charges, and her attorney said she had no comment on probable cause so the court found probable cause.

Her attorney argued lowering the monetary bond stating AO has no income, no money in the bank, and family/friends have been trying to gather funds to bond her out since last night, but can't come up with the money. The judge asked if she is a Seminole Indian, because the Seminoles often assist their members. Her attorney said no, her husband is.

The state attorney argued the monetary bond is appropriate and said AO is a flight risk. He also stated AO lied to her own mother and husband about what happened to Ahizya, but then admitted it to police. He argued something about it being cause for concern to lower her bond since she even lied to her own family.

Her attorney argued she is not a flight risk because she does not have a passport, her family lives here, and most importantly her other children are in protective custody so the department would be keeping daily tabs on her.

The judge asked her what she felt would be an appropriate bond. She stated the same as the co-defendant - $50,000.

The judge asked the state who the co-defendant is. The state said her husband, NO. The judge asked what his charges are and the bond amount. The state said child neglect and that he has already bonded out.

The judge asked the state attorney about the maximum sentence for count 1 (aggravated manslaughter). The state said it's a 1st degree felony and carries a maximum 30 year prison term.

The judge said the court notes the strength of probable cause and the maximum sentence. He said the $230,000 bond is appropriate. He said if AO bonds out, she cannot leave Broward county, cannot go near the airport, port, or onto any boat, will have a GPS monitoring device, she will be on lockdown house arrest, and she can have no contact with her husband, the co-defendant in this case.

BBM - I guess she really did do it all on her own. How did they sleep through that?!

I have no words. Only tears, utter sadness, and disgust.

Prayers for CR, because he truly needs and deserves them on this momentous day.

I have little faith in any of the adults in his life.

#JusticeForAhizya

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reporter speaking of TRASH bags :furious:

how apropos

It was said on the 12:00 news just now when reporters tried to ask him questions, he used foul language and racial slurs so they can't air any audio. Classy.

Looks like his whole family and possibly friends are just as classy as he it!

Ahizya Osceola: DCF Reports Detail Abuse, Parents' Drug Use | New Times Broward-Palm Beach
http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/new...ports-detail-pattern-of-abuse-neglect-6917212

This is major:

We finally can read everything for ourselves (link via New Times Broward-Palm Beach article above:

Link to 27 page confidential report

<modsnip>

ETA: if you're unable to open the direct link, click on the NTBPB story and scroll to the bottom of the article. The scribd PDF file link is there. I'm going to screen grab the entire file (I have it saved to iBooks). Not sure if the Mods will allow it to be posted here, even though it is redacted. I know I will never be the same after reading those reports.

Big ups to @bychrisjoseph for publishing them. Little Ahizya's story deserves to be told in all it's ugly truth.

:cry:

I have worked in psychiatric facilities for most of my life. People check themselves into psych wards all the time.

Ahizya Osceola: DCF Reports Detail Abuse, Parents' Drug Use | New Times Broward-Palm Beach
http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/new...ports-detail-pattern-of-abuse-neglect-6917212

This is major:

We finally can read everything for ourselves (link via New Times Broward-Palm Beach article above:

Link to 27 page confidential report

ETA: if you're unable to open the direct link, click on the NTBPB story and scroll to the bottom of the article. The scribd PDF file link is there. I'm going to screen grab the entire file (I have it saved to iBooks). Not sure if the Mods will allow it to be posted here, even though it is redacted. I know I will never be the same after reading those reports.

Big ups to @bychrisjoseph for publishing them. Little Ahizya's story deserves to be told in all it's ugly truth.

:cry:
Please do not post the screenshots, kimi.

Thanks.

ETA: Direct link

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/2...llow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

New report with some new information:

Police working to discover who delivered blows that killed boy, 3
By Linda Trischitta and Wayne K. Roustan
Sun Sentinel
She described an injury to Ahziya's foot that she said happened when he jumped off a backyard grill two or three weeks ago. She said she took him to Memorial Regional Hospital to get a splint, but Keough wrote that the facility had no record of treating the child.

Ahziya's March 20 autopsy found a spiral fracture to the child's left shin bone and a large open wound on the top of his foot and shin area. The medical examiner's office told police the child would not have been able to walk or stand with that injury.

**more at link**

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...parents-of-dead-boy-court-20150326-story.html

So, from what the above says - poor little Ahizya was not able to walk for the past 2-3 weeks? OMG - this story just keeps getting worse.

FWIW - I believe that dad did have something to do with this. The past DCF reports say the abuse came at the hand of the father. His pancreas was torn into 3 pieces. I do realize that stepmom could have had enough strength to deliver those blows - but I'm certainly not discounting that dad is right in the thick of things. He could have beat that poor child earlier in the night. Is stepmom taking the fall? She is obviously in a very agitated emotional state. I just want justice for this poor little child.

JMHO

Please do not post the screenshots, kimi.

Thanks.

ETA: Direct link

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/2...llow_share=true&escape=false&view_mode=scroll

Thank you bessie for finding and posting the correct scribd link.

Although I've downloaded the entire file, I can't bring myself to read Confidential Reports just yet. :no:

I knew from the moment I read about Ahizya on WS, that (as we used to say at TheHinkyMeter), "Something's Just Not Right."

My HM was screaming in protest at all of the inconsistencies, and as each updated news article and report was released, it just got worse and worse. MSM were reporting their interpretations of these documents, and now we will get a glimpse of the manner in which the abuse was documented and how many chances were missed to save this precious child's life.

To me, that (at minimum) is just as much of a crime as his murder (and this is murder in my opinion, even though IANAL). I feel as though Ahizya was punished for the sins of his mother, and he paid with his life.

I don't understand why the stepmomster and bio-dad were given Carte Blanche to dismiss allegations. The case workers should be relieved of their duties immediately, because their ability (or lack thereof) to judge the safety and welfare of the children of Florida is in serious (and fatal) question.

The last two years of Ahizya's life were a living hell. No child should have to endure the level of tortuous pain and anguish this child did, where his only escape was to die a brutal death - after years of abuse!

Another Forever Angel has gained their wings, to be remembered always here on a WS thread, not for their incredible accomplishments in life, but for the inexplicable manner in which their light was extinguished the hands of "people" who were entrusted to love, care and protect them.

It is small solace that Ahizya is no longer in pain. Those who committed these heinous, murderous acts chose to play judge, jury and executioner to a three year old little boy! For that, they deserve the harshest penalty the law will allow. I truly hope charges are elevated, and will not be disappointed to hear of further arrests.

This case will forever haunt me.

:rose:

#JusticeForAhizya

:candle:

I read the reports and I'm surprised a more thorough study wasn't done. They looked at bruises and saw an active child "bouncing off the walls." Father says he falls a lot. Ok, no abuse there, even with all those pinch marks on the chin and ears!

I've come to understand that spiral fractures are usually considered signs of abuse. They are not the kind of fractures that come from a true accident. I've heard of spiral fractures to the arms, from yanking and twisting. This is the first time I've heard of a spiral fracture to a leg! A huge sore on the top of the foot? How does a child get that when he can't walk. Finally, the internal damage causes me even more alarm. Was this child with a broken leg beaten? Why? He couldn't walk?

I'm having nightmares about all of this. Hopefully, they will get more information on NO.

I read the reports and I'm surprised a more thorough study wasn't done. They looked at bruises and saw an active child "bouncing off the walls." Father says he falls a lot. Ok, no abuse there, even with all those pinch marks on the chin and ears!

I've come to understand that spiral fractures are usually considered signs of abuse. They are not the kind of fractures that come from a true accident. I've heard of spiral fractures to the arms, from yanking and twisting. This is the first time I've heard of a spiral fracture to a leg! A huge sore on the top of the foot? How does a child get that when he can't walk. Finally, the internal damage causes me even more alarm. Was this child with a broken leg beaten? Why? He couldn't walk?

I'm having nightmares about all of this. Hopefully, they will get more information on NO.

Bless you CarolinaMoon for reading the report :hug:

I'm nowhere near prepared to go there. I'm in tears just thinking about it and reading your post.

I can't imagine the pain he was already in before the 19th! It's so awful I can't even bear it. I physically had a reaction when my daughter broke her arm over the summer. I felt it in my body, my heart literally hurt for her, and I wanted to take her pain away. She's still suffering residually from a TBI as well and it breaks my heart.

These people are monsters of the lowest form.

It may be wrong of me, but I wish they could feel the anguish they inflicted upon him themselves. I know it won't happen, at least not in this life. How dare they!

:tantrum:

Ahziya Osceola Had Been Living With Untreated Broken Leg For Weeks Before Death

This is a tough read...

What is clear, however, is that the boy was living in extreme pain for days before his death. And, according to the medical examiner, Ahziya's death could have been prevented had Analiz contacted someone, including her mother, who is trained in medicine and was asleep in the next room during the night the boy died.

"Based on the medical examiner's report," the warrant says, "the child suffered catastrophic internal injuries that would have caused him to be in extreme pain but would not cause him to die immediately."

An injury like the one described in the medical examiner's report are usually consistent with a powerful strike to the abdominal area. Usually these injuries occur during an accident.

It appears this lovely child's name was alternately spelled Ahizya and Ahziya on the investigator's reports, according to @bychrisjoseph.

For some reason, that makes me incredibly sad.

:tears:

I have seen a spiral fracture of the fibia (smaller bone in the lower leg) BUT it was done during football practice on an older teen, never on a small child! So many people failed this little one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back