FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rain is not only going to hamper the search effort but recovery and forensics may be also hindered. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I just don't feel Diana is with us. I want this guy to get everything he should get and Diana and her Family to get Justice.

Thank you all for the cell tower maps. So it looks like there is one pretty much right there at Peavine Trail, but there is plenty of towers all over that area. I don't know much about how those towers work in relation to pings. But I have to wonder how do they even hone in to one area when there are so many towers there?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but are there any rest stops or gas stations near Yee Haw Junction?

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but are there any rest stops or gas stations near Yee Haw Junction?
LOL I don't live there, but looking at the map, Yee-Haw Junction IS A rest stop with gas stations for the Florida Turnpike; miles and miles of aboslutely nothing from Orlando to Fort Pierce.

The only problem with the cell phone tower maps is that we don't know which tower his phone was pinging off of the most while he was stationary. LE would know that, but not us. I would assume it was pinging off of that cluster of 3 or 4 towers centered right there around Yeehaw Junction.

His phone could have pinged on any tower you see between Okeechobee, Yeehaw Junction, and Lake Kissimmee. They may have been searching over by the lake today because one of the towers along highway 60 picked up a ping last Sunday, maybe even multiple towers. This wouldn't mean he was necessarily in that area though, it just means his phone signal traveled in a straight line until it hit a tower, even though that tower may have been 30 miles away.

As I stated earlier today, it's a huge search area, and without knowing exactly what guerrero's travel path was that day, no area can be crossed off entirely.
I would imagine at this stage, they are focusing on areas that he "most likely" would have parked his car for a couple of hours. It would sort of be akin to playing darts with a blindfold on.

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=orlando&state_abr=fl

I cant wrap my head around him telling LE he tossed the phone. Nobody tosses a phone for good reasons. Certainly glad he did. I cant think of one plausible explanation he could give LE for doing so. If he even gave one. One would think he might at least say he lost it. Bizarre. With all the water he passed I am amazed he didn't try to destroy the phone and dump it in the water right after he took Diana. I'm grateful he is just not that smart. IMO

It is strange. He had told them that he did have the phone with him at the time of Diana's disappearance. However, we don't know the order that he divulged this info. He could have initially told LE he lost it thinking that if they tracked it he could say someone else must have gotten it. I think when pressed for the why and other evidence, he fessed up to having it during that timeframe and that he tossed it.

I also seriously doubt LE would have told him much of what they had on him initially. As the lies piled up, they probably divulged a little more to catch him in lies and gleen more information from him.

JMO

Another update from Corey from WINK. He spoke to people who own a Fish Camp that is in the area of where they are searching. He said the owners told him that the LE etc have been searching since 8:30AM this morning, and that they even had helicopters flying around helping with the search. They also had horses etc. The search however had to be stopped due to the weather as it was lightening and raining out.

https://www.facebook.com/CoreyLazarwinknews/videos/806869779448349/

This just gave me chills. When I was looking at the area around YeeHaw Junction the other day, more specifically at Peavine Trail/Hwy 60, I noticed Peavine Trail leads down to Lake Marian and I wondered if he could have been on that side of Hwy 60 near there and his phone still ping in YeeHaw Junction area.

Given how sparsely populated that area is, it could. In rural areas, cell phones can ping off towers over 20 miles away. From Peavine and Hwy 60 to Lake Marian, as the crow flies, is about 10 miles. There is a tower along 60 near Peavine but it may not support his carrier. There could be better cell coverage in general along the Turnpike east of the lake.

It's so frustrating. An omnidirectional tower with a range of 20 miles has a coverage area of 1,256 square miles. I wonder if they have him pinging off two towers to justify focusing on the area west of YJ. Even the overlap of two rural towers' coverage areas is a dauntingly large area to search. They desperately need more info.

I wonder what is directing LE to the new search area?

They sure have been dedicated and determined to find Diana. I have admired how much effort they have put into this case trying to recover Diana and solve the case. Even if she isn't found no one can ever say it was because they didn't try. I know this has to hit all of them hard. I have seen on ID many seasoned police officers cry like a baby when talking about the murder of a young child or children. Like Detective Kenda says about the little ones that were murdered in cases he was involved in 'they are always with you and never leave.' He said sometimes at night in his dreams it may be only one of the little victims or two but then sometimes they are all there.:( I just cried when he talked about that. He is my favorite on ID.

In the areas they have searched have been treacherous for all of them including the K-9s. With all the water on the ground and the extreme heat and humidity they have to be exhausted at the end of the day. Yet, each, and everyday they put their boots on once again hoping this will be the day they will find her.

"Exactly," the man said. "When I see the photo, I'm in shock. Yeah, it makes me angry. For me, my daughter is my life."

I hope this daughter the man is referring to is not living at his home............

This man gave Jorge some clothes. Hopefully Jorge's old clothes still hold some evidence.

It is strange. He had told them that he did have the phone with him at the time of Diana's disappearance. However, we don't know the order that he divulged this info. He could have initially told LE he lost it thinking that if they tracked it he could say someone else must have gotten it. I think when pressed for the why and other evidence, he fessed up to having it during that timeframe and that he tossed it.

I also seriously doubt LE would have told him much of what they had on him initially. As the lies piled up, they probably divulged a little more to catch him in lies and gleen more information from him.

JMO

I'm still skeptical about how the man "found" the phone in a ditch. I think Jorge protected the phone and hid it with plans to retrieve it later. When he went to retrieve it, it was gone and that is why he called it, trying to locate it.

They sure have been dedicated and determined to find Diana. I have admired how much effort they have put into this case trying to recover Diana and solve the case. Even if she isn't found no one can ever say it was because they didn't try. I know this has to hit all of them hard. I have seen on ID many seasoned police officers cry like a baby when talking about the murder of a young child or children. Like Detective Kenda says about the little ones that were murdered in cases he was involved in 'they are always with you and never leave.' He said sometimes at night in his dreams it may be only one of the little victims or two but then sometimes they are all there.:( I just cried when he talked about that. He is my favorite on ID.

In the areas they have searched have been treacherous for all of them including the K-9s. With all the water on the ground and the extreme heat and humidity they have to be exhausted at the end of the day. Yet, each, and everyday they put their boots on once again hoping this will be the day they will find her.
Yes. Thank god for the amazing detectives, LE and child activists that put their heart and soul into finding these beautiful innocent child victims. Just from being a member of WS... I can tell ya (and I'm sure I'm not alone) these babies are with me. If there is an afterlife I'm going to hug them and tell them how much we care. Like Barway Collins, Lonzie Barton, DeOrr Kunz to name just a few....

JMO

I am glad they let him talk, and the more he talked the more lies he told, and his story is locked in now. He said he hadn't been in Fort Myers in the morning of the day Diana went missing, and they knew all along he was lying. If he is charged with Diana's kidnapping, and murder those statements will certainly comeback to haunt him.

I also believe they did a quick cursory search of his phone to see what could be found. I suspect they already thought he would have kiddie *advertiser censored* on it. They would only need to see one image on it to arrest and charge him with child *advertiser censored*. That way he cant be deported until he serves time for that if found guilty and he will be, imo. Meanwhile it gives them time to continue thoroughly investigating the case gathering more powerful circumstantial evidence, and still be searching for the whereabouts of Diana.

Imo, they will eventually charge him with kidnapping, and murder of Diana even if she isn't located. In the past missing body cases were hard to prove, but more, and more DAs are selecting to bring the suspect to trial much quicker than in the past without the body. I cant remember one missing body case offhand where a DA wasn't successful in getting a conviction. No longer are juries willing to buy the BS defense putout by defense attorneys who always tries to say>>>>> she/he could walk through the courtroom door at any minute.

Justice may move slowly in this case like it has in others and I really do hate that for Diana's family but it will happen.

IMO

I wonder if the van belongs to his brother....

So I think the GMC Safari was his brother's and it is probably the white van that the man that worked or owned the restaurant mentioned he saw early a.m. Sunday when she went missing. Also, I'm sure some of you have already found pictures of the white van on SM. So I'm wondering how come it was a white van that was spotted and that DA's family mentioned that he (or the brother) had a white van but then where does the black Malibu come into play if it broke down that Sunday in Yeehaw? And wasn't he driving a different car on the day the police busted him? All these cars are getting confusing. So I am thinking he was actually using the white van the night DA went missing. I also think she initially went missing on her own but did not know what the heck she was getting into. Maybe she was just planning on sneaking out of the house to meet him secretly and had just put on her shoes and wrapped her blanket around her to run out to his van or maybe even walk down the street and met him somewhere the van wouldn't be recognized. So if his brother picked him up with the white GMC Safari how did the van get back in the brother's possession so quickly that day and him get that black Malibu. I think he took the white van had her in it, dropped her off somewhere either alive or stashed her somewhere to wait for him, drove the white van back to the brother, got the black Malibu and was returning for her (or did) and that's when the car broke down so he called his brother to come get him.

I definitely think LE knows a lot more than they have released and have for quite some time. I think they have been being quiet and letting people "keep talking" since day 1. I think when it comes out there will be more people involved and some shocking developments that have not been previously released. I personally, think, this poor baby is gone and has been since the beginning of this all. So sad and tragic.

Yeah, I agree with you on all counts. LE's doing a tremendous job under very difficult conditions. Here's hoping they all stay safe through the search.

I'm still skeptical about how the man "found" the phone in a ditch. I think Jorge protected the phone and hid it with plans to retrieve it later. When he went to retrieve it, it was gone and that is why he called it, trying to locate it.

I really think he did toss it. He probably knew by then his name was being mentioned so he wouldn't want to be stopped knowing he had kiddie *advertiser censored* on his phone. It sounds like he may not have known he could refuse to give LE the password/code. He probably knew this area well and knew the grass in the ditch would be cut by whatever landscaper has that job. He may have even done landscaping himself in that same area. He knew whoever found it would keep it because smartphones aren't cheap. When he found out which landscaper had it then he would want him to keep it. He knew it would do the other man no good because he didn't give him the passcode he would need to access the phone. I think he tossed it because he already knew his name was coming up and he thought if someone picked it up in Orlando it would look like he was still in that town.

JMO

LOL I don't live there, but looking at the map, Yee-Haw Junction IS A rest stop with gas stations for the Florida Turnpike; miles and miles of aboslutely nothing from Orlando to Fort Pierce.

It's not really. There are on- and off-ramps from the Turnpike for people traveling Hwy 60 but for most passing through on the Turnpike (a toll road), they'll stop at the Turnpike's large Fort Drum Plaza just south of YJ. The Turnpike Plaza (photos) has gas pumps and numerous fast food vendors, eg, KFC and Wendy's. There are photos of YJ here and here, it's tiny. It has a gas station and the Desert Inn. The photo is the heart of YJ, where Hwys 60 and 441 meet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 44099325.jpg
    44099325.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 504
It's not really. There are on- and off-ramps from the Turnpike for people traveling Hwy 60 but for most passing through on the Turnpike (a toll road), they'll stop at the Turnpike's large Fort Drum Plaza just south of YJ. The Turnpike Plaza (photos) has gas pumps and numerous fast food vendors, eg, KFC and Wendy's. There are photos of YJ here and here, it's tiny. It has a gas station and the Desert Inn. The photo is the heart of YJ, where Hwys 60 and 441 meet.

attachment.php

Jen, so does that mean he would have to pay a toll? If so, doesn't these toll booths have cameras?

tia

I think hes talking some---- or maybe accidentally answering. I think this dude is not the brightest bulb on the tree and is a big talker. Just from his FB page and every comment was some cheezy, sappy love line, rather than any actual thoughts or conversation, I got that feeling. He gave them his passcode to the phone (which he didnt have to), so I think and hope that this dude likes to talk. They may be asking him certain places and then going off his body language. I hope they are getting close to finding her. I absolutely cannot imagine the process of preparing for both a death and a new life of a child at the exact same time. Heartbreaking.

I really hate this guy. Considering how good he was at worming his way into people's houses, I am surprised he didn't just move on to the next victim. after all, now he will be in prison with no more opportunity of victims. He certainly knew he would get caught.

This is probably more concerned about losing his beauty sleep. Hope he doesn't have a lawyer yet.

So I think the GMC Safari was his brother's and it is probably the white van that the man that worked or owned the restaurant mentioned he saw early a.m. Sunday when she went missing. Also, I'm sure some of you have already found pictures of the white van on SM. So I'm wondering how come it was a white van that was spotted and that DA's family mentioned that he (or the brother) had a white van but then where does the black Malibu come into play if it broke down that Sunday in Yeehaw? And wasn't he driving a different car on the day the police busted him? All these cars are getting confusing. So I am thinking he was actually using the white van the night DA went missing. I also think she initially went missing on her own but did not know what the heck she was getting into. Maybe she was just planning on sneaking out of the house to meet him secretly and had just put on her shoes and wrapped her blanket around her to run out to his van or maybe even walk down the street and met him somewhere the van wouldn't be recognized. So if his brother picked him up with the white GMC Safari how did the van get back in the brother's possession so quickly that day and him get that black Malibu. I think he took the white van had her in it, dropped her off somewhere either alive or stashed her somewhere to wait for him, drove the white van back to the brother, got the black Malibu and was returning for her (or did) and that's when the car broke down so he called his brother to come get him.
I certainly hope that LE is grilling the brother as well and also processing the van. Are any search warrants available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties