FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update from Corey from WINK. He spoke to people who own a Fish Camp that is in the area of where they are searching. He said the owners told him that the LE etc have been searching since 8:30AM this morning, and that they even had helicopters flying around helping with the search. They also had horses etc. The search however had to be stopped due to the weather as it was lightening and raining out.

https://www.facebook.com/CoreyLazarwinknews/videos/806869779448349/

Make sure to check out the comments. As usual in this case!!

They sure have been dedicated and determined to find Diana. I have admired how much effort they have put into this case trying to recover Diana and solve the case. Even if she isn't found no one can ever say it was because they didn't try. I know this has to hit all of them hard. I have seen on ID many seasoned police officers cry like a baby when talking about the murder of a young child or children. Like Detective Kenda says about the little ones that were murdered in cases he was involved in 'they are always with you and never leave.' He said sometimes at night in his dreams it may be only one of the little victims or two but then sometimes they are all there.:( I just cried when he talked about that. He is my favorite on ID.

In the areas they have searched have been treacherous for all of them including the K-9s. With all the water on the ground and the extreme heat and humidity they have to be exhausted at the end of the day. Yet, each, and everyday they put their boots on once again hoping this will be the day they will find her.
I was just thinking this a.m. as I got ready for the day...how i admir the devotion of LE to bring Diana home.
My heart goes out to her Mom soon to give birth to a baby girl.
She and Dad are In my thoughts and prayers.

newbie poster

It is strange. He had told them that he did have the phone with him at the time of Diana's disappearance. However, we don't know the order that he divulged this info. He could have initially told LE he lost it thinking that if they tracked it he could say someone else must have gotten it. I think when pressed for the why and other evidence, he fessed up to having it during that timeframe and that he tossed it.

I also seriously doubt LE would have told him much of what they had on him initially. As the lies piled up, they probably divulged a little more to catch him in lies and gleen more information from him.

JMO

Pedophiles are so cunning, manipulative and are usually pathological liars since they live their lives hidden behind 'the mask.' I can see him being a drama King and saying when he heard about Diana being abducted from her home he threw his phone out of the window because it made him so angry that anyone could do that to Diana.

They truly believe others will believe their farfetched lies. They don't seem to realize that adults aren't as easily fooled as the naive little victims they prey upon.

IMO

I'm still skeptical about how the man "found" the phone in a ditch. I think Jorge protected the phone and hid it with plans to retrieve it later. When he went to retrieve it, it was gone and that is why he called it, trying to locate it.
I could have swore I read it was discarded in a "gated" community? I haven't seen any more so I could be wrong??

newbie poster

Just wondering that maybe his cell phone was stationary because the car did break down so he had to wait for his brother to pick him up. Or was the cell phone stationary for a couple of hours then the cell phone shows he called from help from his brother. Wouldn't he had had to change vehicles somehow to get from the van to the black Malibu? I am just throwing this out there but could it be at all possible that his brother could be more involved in this? The only thing I can think of is that when he headed back towards Okeechobee he swapped the van for the Malibu and she was still with him when this happened and that his brother was not at home at the time he returned the van. I can't believe we haven't seen where they have taken the van in to search for evidence.

This census map shows how sparsely populated most of relevant areas are. I also included a map with county names. White on the census map indicates less than 15 people per square mile.

Osceola County is the big, mostly white, county just to the right of center. Yeehaw Junction is in the extreme southwest corner of Osceola County and Okeechobee County is directly south. Osceola is 1,506 square miles and Okeechobee is 892 square miles.

Fort Myers, Diana's home, is in Lee County, the mostly blue (urban) county in southwest FL. As you can see, most of the interior of the state to the east, southeast, and northeast of Lee County has a low to very low population density.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 6a0120a61b56ed970c0154334b9fcc970c-800wi.jpg
    6a0120a61b56ed970c0154334b9fcc970c-800wi.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 336
  • soe-map.jpg
    soe-map.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 333
I could have swore I read it was discarded in a "gated" community? I haven't seen any more so I could be wrong??

newbie poster

I read that it was 'gated community' too. I remember thinking how odd that was.

I certainly hope that LE is grilling the brother as well and also processing the van. Are any search warrants available?

I bet the investigators are all over the brother already. He was in the story from day one since he was also a roommate for awhile. I am sure they are looking closely at him and his alibis and his cars and trucks and phone pings.

I mean, how many people can a kidnapper/child killer call for help when on the run? Only other pedophiles and/or close family members.

Pedophiles are so cunning, manipulative and are usually pathological liars since they live their lives hidden behind 'the mask.' I can see him being a drama King and saying when he heard about Diana being abducted from her home he threw his phone out of the window because it made him so angry that anyone could do that to Diana.

They truly believe others will believe their farfetched lies. They don't seem to realize that adults aren't as easily fooled as the naive little victims they prey upon.

IMO

And that they are. I spent a year in my Career working with "such" til I transferred out. I have heard every sickening excuse!

Was their an explanation somewhere, that I missed, as to why the vehicle on the amber alert was for a tan Chevy Malibu Fla tag # MAX696 and his vehicle is listed as a black Chevy Malibu Fla tag #MAW068?

Maybe he just simply threw his phone away in the hopes that the person found with it would be the person they arrested and threw in prison for this abduction.

When he called to see if anybody had found it yet, he said, "Keep it". (What he forgot to add was, "They'll be coming for you soon".)

I'm sorry guys. I'm confused. It seems that it was a tan Malibu and not black (mentioned in a post :) ) So can someone clarify. There is only possibly 2 vehicles involved, correct? The white GMC van and the tan Malibu? Also, it mentions in an article that it was the brother that drove him back to Orlando. So what exact car was towed from Yeehaw County? How did he come to acquire this tan Malibu? Was he in with this tan Malibu when he was arrested?

Jen, so does that mean he would have to pay a toll? If so, doesn't these toll booths have cameras?

tia

If he opted for the Turnpike rather than 441/192 to Orlando, he'd have to pay a toll. The May, 2016 probable cause affidavit in the Dan Markel homicide case references SunPass (automated toll paying device) records tracking the suspects rather than photos from the toll booth. I got my SunPass years ago when they were free but now they're $20 + the prepaid balance. There is a discount, eg, $0.79 vs a $1.00 toll, so it pays if you're regularly traveling a toll road. A single SunPass can be registered to multiple vehicles and vehicles can be added and dropped at any time via your online account. It's possible he had one, perhaps owned by a family member with a steady job, but for someone struggling financially, the initial cost could be prohibitive.

There's a small possibility this has changed in the last couple of years (I'll try to find out), but as of a couple years ago, traffic cameras in Florida are legally only allowed to be used for monitoring traffic by the FL Dept of Transportation, not as a means of tracking by LE. The most they can do is use the cameras to see how serious a traffic accident is in order to best respond. Of course, that doesn't preclude nearby privately owned security cameras.

I read that it was 'gated community' too. I remember thinking how odd that was.

That was me and I should've clarified. There's a decorative pointy-topped fence with vertical bars around the complex but there doesn't appear to be an access gate with a manned booth. It's possible for someone athletic to clear the fence but it would deter most. By gated I meant that it was unlikely he could easily enter the complex from any point, that access to Barwood Dr, a private road within an apt complex, is somewhat limited.

I bet the investigators are all over the brother already. He was in the story from day one since he was also a roommate for awhile. I am sure they are looking closely at him and his alibis and his cars and trucks and phone pings.

I mean, how many people can a kidnapper/child killer call for help when on the run? Only other pedophiles and/or close family members.

I also wonder if he ended staying with the stranger in Orlando because his roommate brother (or another roommate?) either knew or suspected something horrid was going on and kicked him out. He stayed with the stranger before the Amber Alert was issued.

Is it a gated community?

newbie poster

I don't see any gates on the Barwood Dr. entrances when I zoom in on the map (the street actually zigs and zigas and renames then names Barwood again- there are 2 entrance/ exits on Barwood Dr, from what I can see). Not sure if there are some anywhere else. Also, the only ditch I see zooming in is the one across from the Barwood entrance, across 40th.

I'm sorry guys. I'm confused. It seems that it was a tan Malibu and not black (mentioned in a post :) ) So can someone clarify. There is only possibly 2 vehicles involved, correct? The white GMC van and the tan Malibu? Also, it mentions in an article that it was the brother that drove him back to Orlando. So what exact car was towed from Yeehaw County? How did he come to acquire this tan Malibu? Was he in with this tan Malibu when he was arrested?

There was a black Malibu listed on the criminal complaint. And he was reportedly pulled over and arrested in a white Jeep Cherokee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member